The Crypt of Ezra - NW-DA7GYAJXW
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is my contest entry:

NAME: Tomb of the White Dragon
    AUTHOR: @winin
    SHORT CODE: NW-DL7ULT2QV

DESCRIPTION:
    The Arcanists Institute wants to hire you to find their missing associate and help him bring back a bone from a long-dead white dragon. But will you be able to succeed before the Cult of the Dragon learns of the remains?

Find the Arcanist Institute in Protector's Enclave, and hurry. The race is on!

-Estimated 20 min. to complete.
    -Designed for a solo adventurer.
    -Contains a mix of fighting and dialog.
    -Exploring dialog choices may reveal alternate paths to victory.
    -Each map includes a (sometimes) hidden book relating to the scene. No reward for finding them, just some extra fun for the explorers out there.
    -NOTE: the golden path has troubles in some spots, but the maps aren't that complicated.
    -LORE FANS: the story ties into the novel The Crystal Shards, by R.A. Salvatore

screenshot_2014-07-21-06-56-33.jpg
  • djmaysindjmaysin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @Djmaysin2
    My foundry made for this contest is called Faerun's Finest. It is about stopping the Cult of The Dragon in Baldur's Gate please review it. It's short code is NW-DTXAINJ8H. Thank you.
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I originally wasn't going to enter but I found some free time and thought I would give it a shot.
    To date this is my most ambitious build. I actually built a city around the size of P.E amongst other things so.. I really hope you all like it.

Name: City of the Lost
    Code: NW-DAG8VRR6E
    Plot: A cleric of Kelemvor has given you two things. The first thing; a mission to journey to Luskan and meet with a contact belonging to the Cult of the Dragon. The second; an arrow blessed with the holy magic of Kelemvor. She will reveal little of this quest other than her conviction that it is part of your destiny and if you do not carry out this mission dire consequences will befall the entire realm.

14593277449_104e15b65e_b.jpg
    14779953435_dd693d4217_b.jpg
    14779953425_4177de14d0_b.jpg
  • dinodoom88dinodoom88 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hello all,

My entre is titled 'Dragon's first hoard'. ID: NW-DR8H37LPM. It is my first foundry quest so it is simple and short. I hope you all enjoy it!
  • pingconcherepingconchere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is my submission for the Cult of the Dragon Foundry contest. Behold:

The Neverwinter Conspiracy
    NW-DG3DLQUKM

You have risen to prominence as a hero of Neverwinter. You've prevented many threats to the city from becoming too overwhelming to stop. However, you have begun to feel that something is out of place. The Cult of the Dragon is up and about again, but are they the real problem? Are you really a hero?

Note: I posted this back up after fixing a bug that would prevent the quest from being completed. It should be gone, but if you happen to encounter it, please let me know.

I averaged a time of 35-45 minutes on my Author character. If you like some humor and/or satire, then you'll find this quest especially enjoyable. One thing I'd like to mention is that the Cult is not the only enemy, and the final antagonist is not who it would seem to be.

My motivation to make this quest mainly derived from my experiences while leveling up characters through PvE. I found the basic concepts I encountered to be humorous and so I thought up this idea for a Foundry quest to find a fun way to spread my ideas. However, I was unfamiliar with the Foundry and never picked up the project. With the introduction of this contest and the completion of almost all of my characters, I gained the motivation to put in the effort and time necessary to make my idea a reality.

The combat is fairly moderate in difficulty and will not be a pushover for lower-level characters, but it is solo-able. In addition, the last area has difficulty options for easy, normal, and hard mode.

The story unfolds through dialogue and unique cut-scenes that I designed. The average completion time can be lower if you skip all of the dialogue, but I encourage you to read through the dialogue for the best experience. Some of the objectives you have to do don't make sense without the dialogue for background. I hope you all enjoy my quest!

Conspiracy.png
  • brenissimobrenissimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quest: The Rise of a New Leader
    Description: Neverwinter's scouts and spies have been bringing infos for weeks on a possible coup from the Cult of the Dragon. Lot's of kidnapping, caravans robbed and attempts of invasion in the city... but all of sudden, the Cult went silent....maybe it's time to investigate.

A few tips:
    1: You can avoid some encounters. Pay attention to your surroundings.
    2: Mind your steps, there's traps here.
    3: Lots of Lore in this quest, don't skip the dialogs. :)
    4: This quest is meant to be player Solo (standard difficulty) or in pairs (easy).

Shortcode: NW-DC83L656I
    Estimated timeplay: 20 minutes (a little more if you read all the dialogs...)

Author: @LeGuaxinim
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I can't find my original listing for the contest. So, here's the complete run down.
    Campaign Name: The Side Tracks Of Adventurers
    Quest Entries-
    Hints From Behind Bars, short code nw-dax6xfoku
    Once Upon A Dreary, short code nw-dosl4qt8a
    Following The Bread Crumbs, short code nw-ddbsshgb2

Hints From Behind Bars, and Following The Bread Crumbs are direct parallels to Tyranny of Dragons. Once Upon A Dreary is an homage to my BG days, for those who dabbled in those days.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Name: The Dragon has 3 Heads...or 5...
    Short Code: NW-DENWS4FHZ
    Length: My live play-through came to 55 minutes

The Cult of the Dragon seems to be everywhere these days, and whispers about their plans and plots (and possibly schemes), are in every ear from here to Baldur's Gate. So, naturally, when a horde of music-loving barbarians pledged to a "Dragon Queen" arrives outside the gates of Neverwinter, they say that a hero can save us. You may be good at swinging a sword, or slinging spells around, but can you handle the perils of karaoke, environmentalism, and teen angst?

#Humor, #Story, #Lore

Make sure to bring healing potions, and leave at least 3 inventory slots open. Be careful at the end; it's easy to aggro extra mobs if you're not careful, and get overwhelmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Name: Cults and Cultists
    ID: NW-DK68XQ2QO
    Author: @groshie
    Length: - (No plays yet, but should be 15-25 minutes long!)
    Description: While investigating rumours of mysterious disappearances, the hero finds out that it is somehow related to the temple steps fountain. What will be found there?

Single-player!
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Name: Well of Dragons
    ID: NW-DNAIJI3I4
    Author: @waryur
    Length: Should be 15-20 minutes

Ever wonder where dragons go when they die? What if someone were to harness the raw magic left behind by these great creatures, what would they do with it? The Well of Dragons is the place to find the answers to these questions. Unearth the Cult of the Dragon's plans to have a world lit only by dragonfire.
    Head to the Sunset Mountains and storm their Citadel to stop them and their leader, Vargo Kent.

-Based on Forgotten Realms lore about the Cult of the Dragon
    -Hack and Slash
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited August 2014
    My entry for the Foundry "Tyranny of Dragons" contest is called "The Followers of the Scaly Way"

Short Code = NW-DFKI73F3N
    Author = @Dovian
    Type = Combat / Story
    Duration = 40 minutes (approximately)
    Difficulty = Easy to Medium (Final fight is tough)
    Soloable = Yes

I based the quest off of information (first mention of the Cult of the Dragon) from the June 1986 issue of Dragon Magazine. Please give it a play, rate, and review, but be careful with the final fight....it's a tough one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
  • thane6000thane6000 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here is my Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest entry.

Name: The Puppet

Short Code ID: NW-DDGNJXGGZ

Author: @thane6000
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Name: A Murder of Dragons

Short Code: NW-DE354KZ6O

Author: @Geoff8733

While Adimond Kroskas works to raise a Dracolich with the Necromancer Valindra other factions with the Cult of the Dragon grow weary of the Thayan influence this has brought over the cults activities. A powerful wizard unleashes his own scheme to exult the Dragons above lesser lifeforms but it requires a number of long forgotten artifacts to enact, some are well protected while others have lost their status and are no more than mere heirlooms.

A daring daylight robbery in the market square catches your attention and pulls you into the action as events spiral out of control.
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storage1975onestorage1975one Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My foundry quest is called "Dragondor" (short code: NW-DT59VHP82)

This quest gets progressively harder. Do you have what it takes to become a Dragonmaster?
    Also learn true facts about Komodo Dragons.

Please try out my quest & leave a review. I can't wait to read what you all think of it.

Author: @storage1975one
    Length: Should be 15-20 minutes
  • ronackerronacker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Name of Quest: The Copper Dragon (CTD)
    Short code : NW-DURO3VLYX
    Date Published: 2014-08-02

Ricben
  • ahrisahnahrisahn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Foundry Contest Entry

Quest: Into the Dragon's Maw (NW-DKJP6O599)

Last Published: August 2nd

[IMG][/img]IntotheMawoftheDragon4_zps25019db5.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Entering on a behalf of my other account that for some reasons can't login to the website.

Sharandar's Defense - NW-DDFUT2JXY - @topwicz

Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest entry!

Dark Fey are attacking elven encampments all over New Sharandar! Lord Neverember sends his soldiers and adventurers to help! The elves are overrun! And yet Lady Winterwhite – leader of eldarin; is calling you to a meeting in a secluded part of Dark Fey Enclave.
    Join an Ancient Warden in the quest to stop a thirty thousand years old threat from rising again!
    Fight purple-robed assailants among the branches of the Great Tree of Feywild!
    And learn what secret is buried beneath its roots!

English isn't my first language. I apologies for any mistakes.

Some screens:

0dcf9706-d8a0-45de-aeb1-2d92dd0a3222_zps78c1bdf5.jpg

fae219ca-0fbc-4bd1-8ebb-4e934a193fd9_zpsed50ecd9.jpg

bb43dd92-3f22-4c9d-858f-316c16b96fd7_zps66d3375f.jpg
    Have fun.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My mission is "Whispers of an Ancient Evil..."
    ID: NW-DFDAXX8VE
    "The Cult of the Dragon, agents of Lloth, and Red Wizards of Thay are conspiring to bring forth an ancient evil to Faerun. You must align with agents of the Harpers and their enemies the Zhentarim, to prevent events that would destroy not only the city of Neverwinter, but the Realms themselves..."

The quest includes some new creature costumes, cameos by epic Realms characters, a reference to another genre, and alludes to the upcoming modules for D&D Next(5th Edition). It now includes an updated Red Wizard encounter. Hopefully, you all enjoy it.

I've now done more research on Wizard's website, added a few more bits of information throughout the quest in general to bring it more in line with the "official" P&P campaign. Hope most everyone enjoys playing it, and best of luck to other creators.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Quest: Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian
    Shortcode: NW-DHHD2GTGJ
    Author: @Eldarth

Quest Summary

Sage Ramiel of Neverwinter has detected Cult of the Dragon activity in the Icewind Dale area.
    You are requested to investigate and put a stop to any activity before it's too late.

-v1.0.8 Added "Cleaner" NPCs at end; expanded CotD new directive explanation; lowered shadow clouds a bit
    -v1.0.7 Expanded Lightning Jar Interaction area; enhanced entry guardian summoning
    -v1.0.6 Updated Sorengar at entrance contact; animated undead harvest guardian entrance; fixed sound effect markers
    -v1.0.5 Further lowered below-terrain logic (due to spawning on live at 0' instead of -99' as set :mad:).
    -v1.0.4 Adjusted visual effects of lightning jars; extended entrance animation sequence for Sage Ramiel
  • kanadwkanadw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For your consideration, my entry into the contest.

Name: Of Kobolds and Cultists
    ID: NW-DU7G3IAEA
    Author: @kanadw
    Length: - 20-25 minutes
    Description: Rumors of a dragon living in an isolated cavern of blue crystal have reached the ears of the guards in Protector's Enclave. Word has it that your friend Guard Frinko is looking for adventurers to investigate the rumor, and is paying well. It sounds like just your kind of job.

Meant to be a duo/challenging solo quest. Mostly lore friendly, with a dash of humor. Comments and criticism welcomed!
  • blakecoronablakecorona Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Name: the old farm gond
    ID: NW-DD9947HQP
    Author: @blakecorona
  • berserker8878berserker8878 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Baethog the Greenshadow

ID: NW-DPUCSVRXG
    Author: @berserker8878

This is my entry for the Cult of the Dragon contest.

I know it may be a bit rough around the edges. But as it is my first foundry quest and I have limited time constraints to work on it, I tried my best. Please give me whatever constructive criticism it's due. Thanks.
  • drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    "A Date With Destiny" by @Meth_Shadowstorm {NW-DHYEX5NKR}

Short Code: NW-DHYEX5NKR
    Mission Type: Rescue & Hunt
    Average Duration: 30-40 minutes (short and long paths available)
    Amount of Combat: four maps, potentially a lot of combat, clever player can use stealth
    Starts at: Buffy, a Young Drow Girl, just outside the Moonstone Mask in Protector's Enclave

Mission Summary:

After your involvement in Sunnydale, your little friend Anya decided to stay in Protector's Enclave. Gabrielle set Anya up with a small apartment and encouraged Anya to seek a trade. Anya became so enamored with your heroics that she now wants to become an Adventurer and Hero just like you. You check in on her from time to time and look after her. Other friends from Sunnydale have started to visit and bring news. Anya refers to it as intelligence. Anya listens to too many stories in the taverns of Protector's Enclave, especially the Moonstone Mask, and she has begun to take an interest in the Harpers.

Anya's Drow friend Buffy has begun to visit regularly. This visit she is very worked up and insists on seeing you immediately. She insists it is a matter of life and death, and may result in the rout of Sunnydale. She has an important message from Gabrielle. Buffy is waiting for you outside the Moonstone Mask.

[Episode 2 in "The Sunnydale Campaign" {NWS-DKBEJ9OOM} & Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest Entry]
    [For Episode 1, seek "Missing Daughters" {NW-DCX9IZBJB}]
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sn0wst0rmz wrote: »
    I've spent 2 days now custom building a large flat plains, and stacking building pieces into a tower. I have a long way to go.

Name of Quest: Arselu'Tel'Quess (Elven language for "High Magic")
    Author: @sn0wst0rmz
    Code: NW-DDQ6P4IKQ (On the editor page looked like NW-DDQ6P4lKQ) I'm guessing the "l" is and "I")
    Status: Just submitted for publishing before maintenance, not sure when it'll be up for play. I will be polishing it until the final due date.

Notes: 3 fully custom maps. (1700 object limit reached)
    Solo friendly, yet challenging.
    Over-Arching story line, with in depth DnD lore.

Some screenshots:

2EXpDrD.jpg

on2G2iu.jpg

Short Synopsis:

Travel to the Dreadbone Grove and seek out it's caretaker, a baelnorn guardian. Prove your worth to him, and follow his orders carefully. It seems the Cult of the Dragon has regrouped after losing several key battles. They have overrun the Dreadbone Tower and turned it into their primary citadel on the Sword Coast and started using it as a staging point for their raiding parties and invasions. If you can survive the tower, then a dark secret lies beneath the surface for you to uncover if you can find a way into the Dreadbone Keep!

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it!

Thanks and Good Luck to everyone!

I will be continuing this after the contest if it is well received. If so, look forward to "The Vault of the Ages".
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • kynveelkynveel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Greetings!

My quest name: Dragon Prey
    Short Code: NW-DNT2EKXQZ

Intended for solo players.
    Average duration: 15-20 minutes

Summary:
    "You heard rumors of a Nobleman who has problems with his mine deep in Neverwinter Wood. It seems his miners found an hidden entrance to a long lost crypt. They claim it's full of dark monsters, deadly traps and treasures beyond dreams. Well adventurer, what are you waiting for?"

Screenshots:

lkds-7-8f14.png

lkds-8-c9f0.png

lkds-9-45c4.png

lkds-a-d3d9.png

Enjoy! =)
    Smile! It confuses people :)
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Unless I added wrong, I am counting 97 entries so far! That's a really staggering amount! I wonder how many will be officially allowed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hopefully all the response will inspire them to polish up the rules and do more contests. The contests really drive me start and finish quests.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Foundry Contest: Cult of the Dragon.

Quest Title: Arroway Manor
    Short code: NW-DP3GLWRDP
    Quest Type: Stealth.
    Optional Mission Mastery: Avoid ALL enemies.

I tried to do something different but by doing so might not be eligible with the time criteria. *shrug* Oh well. Hope you have as much fun playing it as I did making it anyway! :)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
This discussion has been closed.