test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the deal with IWD?

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Militia Barracks
My GF can't seem to get great success at anything but low level heroics that I can solo myself. I don't know what i'm getting on the beholder, but I get the 180 black ice reward, is that the reward that gives me a chance at the MH? I got my gloves before the patch but as of yet cannot seem to get a MH drop to save my life.

I have tried fighting the major heroics and at best I get 75 black ice so i'm guessing i'm not getting the reward bucket to that allows for the other drops.

What's it take for a GF to qualify? I know i'm taking tons of damage, use supremecy steel a lot since my daily fills up again before the first supremecy even wears off.

So can anyone say for certain, is this true RNG or is my GF just not able to take or deal enough damage in non epic heroics to get anything worth while?

Does anyone know if the epic heroics only reward a set number of pieces so if 50 people show up only 3 of them are going to have shot at it or is it that everyone has a chance if RNG favors?

It would have been nice to get my MH before the new mod but it does not appear to be teh case.

When the new mod comes I suspect doing HE will suck just like they do now because so many people do them my graphics get all out of whack and my computer slows down. Before you tweakers go on about my rig I have a 7970 3GB RAM video card 1ghz model and my cpu is an FX9370 so my rig is not slow, not to mention i have SSD drives sata3.

I like the idea of heroics but the practice of them is awful due to the mass numbers of people doing the worthwhile ones. wish there was a better way or better implemented system for these.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm pretty sure that if you are getting 180 Black ice from Epic HE's you are getting a chance at the top rewards .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, if you got 180BI, then you're doing well enough but the rest is up to RNG.

And the more people there are zerging an encounter, the harder is to contribute sufficiently to qualify. It's self-defeating, in a way.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've seen "Great Success" several times, but each time I get only 75 BI and a green. Is the WAI, or RNG, or a new bug?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think you can get "great success" on the minor HEs, which gets you 75BI.

If you're seeing it like that outside the minors, I think something is wrong.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think you can get "great success" on the minor HEs, which gets you 75BI.

If you're seeing it like that outside the minors, I think something is wrong.

Could be - don't remember for sure.
    So the major HEs won't give great success if too many ppl are contributing? What a horrible catch22, since the majors almost always attract hordes of ppl within seconds of spawing...
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that if you are getting 180 Black ice from Epic HE's you are getting a chance at the top rewards .
    I heard that often. What makes people think that getting 180 raw Black ice from an epic HE means they scored in the top tier? What if there are 2 or more tiers that reward 180 black ice? Was there any official word about this and I just missed it?
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Overall 120+ Trys and 24 times today to try my best to get it on my GF and nothing apart from 180 Black Ice

This is disgusting imho and no way a fair way to get an item RNG is always chance based and as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor as the last CTA

Even spent 72k on respec to DPS and still nothing.....

1: first there
    2: Alot of good DPS done
    3: No deaths

and end result - **** all
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I appreciate the feed back. At least on the beholder i'm probably where I need to be, but I can't get there for squat on blue heroics or even some of the other purples like raid the raiders and bear rider, my GF just can't seem to do much even if i'm the first one there hitting stuff waiting on others to show up. It just seems like on anything but the beholder (which I pretty much stand in the red and tank its hits which refills my daily on each one) I can't get anything but the 75 ice. Seems like I need to be in a small group of people maybe 3 - 4 to do some of these heroics ... which sucks since its hard to find groups that actually run around IWD doing the blues that aren't already in big packs of people doing them.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One of our guild's GF just reported that he got his gloves doing the Prospector's HE. He even showed up after the giant had spawned but still got them. I'm happy for him. I still hate the RNG though :D
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Could be - don't remember for sure.
    So the major HEs won't give great success if too many ppl are contributing? What a horrible catch22, since the majors almost always attract hordes of ppl within seconds of spawing...
    Unfortunately, yes, it looks like the chance for you to get a purple drop decreases with the amount of players participating in a HE. That is only something I *know*from experience though. I could be wrong, but that's where things point to in my view. It would mean that HEs are basically pvp. You compete with other players for gear. If they get their gear, it means you will not get your gear. It would be nice if we could get more information/transparency on how the reward system of HEs work. A token based system would be good too. There are players who have farmed major and epic HEs now in very high numbers, and still they didnt get their 2 black ice gauntlets/ main hand.

In case we don't get any information or help from cryptic/PWE regarding HEs and getting your black ice gear, I advise you to do this: Find the major HE that is easiest for you to solo, or at least doable with the least amount of players possible (I recommend "corrupted wolf pack" in Icewind Pass). Try to do that particular HE, and do it this way: Only start the HE if noone else is there yet, otherwise it is just not worth it. Try to max your dps. A good strategy is to hunt for your major HE shortly after the servers have come up at thursday after patching, because then there won't be as many players around.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    One of our guild's GF just reported that he got his gloves doing the Prospector's HE. He even showed up after the giant had spawned but still got them. I'm happy for him. I still hate the RNG though :D

That would tell me that personal contribution to the HE counts for nothing, and instead everything is dependent on the RNG.
  • Options
    kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It has nothing to do with GF's. Only at the very beginning I got the gloves for my CW. After that I heard that the RNG got severely nerfed and I haven't got anything else worth the effort, just BI and some enchants and I have done lots of HE's with my CW. So since a few weeks I decided not to waste my time anymore doing HE's. And like me lots of ppl.
    I like this game but the HE's are not very rewarding... It is quite frustrating to get that random rewards of 35 BI and 1 enchantment.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2 more runs and nothing.... 26 today
  • Options
    dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So it's less than a 4% drop rate. I'm feeling excited. Not.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So it's less than a 4% drop rate. I'm feeling excited. Not.

Based on my own experience, it seems to be a less than 1% drop rate... it took me about 150-160 majors and epics to finally get the gloves.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ctf4void wrote: »
    Unfortunately, yes, it looks like the chance for you to get a purple drop decreases with the amount of players participating in a HE. That is only something I *know*from experience though. I could be wrong, but that's where things point to in my view. It would mean that HEs are basically pvp. You compete with other players for gear. If they get their gear, it means you will not get your gear. It would be nice if we could get more information/transparency on how the reward system of HEs work. A token based system would be good too. There are players who have farmed major and epic HEs now in very high numbers, and still they didnt get their 2 black ice gauntlets/ main hand.

In case we don't get any information or help from cryptic/PWE regarding HEs and getting your black ice gear, I advise you to do this: Find the major HE that is easiest for you to solo, or at least doable with the least amount of players possible (I recommend "corrupted wolf pack" in Icewind Pass). Try to do that particular HE, and do it this way: Only start the HE if noone else is there yet, otherwise it is just not worth it. Try to max your dps. A good strategy is to hunt for your major HE shortly after the servers have come up at thursday after patching, because then there won't be as many players around.

That would be nice, but I actually work for a living, monday - friday 8 - 5pm. Jumping on to the game after servers come up is not an option unless I take a day off and i'm not about to take a day off work just to stay home and play neverwinter. I like the game but that is unrealistic (not that I have not had days off and done just that).
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i am still hunting MAIN hand i have 2 gloves as GF already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Got mine during remo.

Build was the following for the first 2 remos:

Lunging Strike, GW, KC, Crescendo, Crushing Surge, TOI

Replace Lunging with Anvil when he disappears for the last time. Enjoy success.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I two-manned the Bear Rider's Epic HE last night, it was a Great Success, and I got a Rank 4 Black Ice enchantment. . .

I took an immense amount of damage, who knows how many times my Soulforged was popped. I don't think a GF can take more damage than that and still dish out enough DPS to contribute to a Great Success.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A few days ago while my TR was doing IWD dailies, I had the opportunity to do the Bear Rider Roundup with a CW. We very nearly duoed it; the boss was too much to handle and we needed help. The result for me was an epic drop....

...the Elk Tribe Orb.

Which is BoP.

This, frankly, made me mad enough to club a baby seal with a sackful of kittens. It's not enough that you have to be lucky enough to catch a good HE, and lucky enough for it not to be so swarmed that no one can score enough to qualify for an epic reward, and lucky enough to actually get the epic reward. The epic reward table is full of garbage you can't use, sell or even give to one of your alts. This is just a cruel joke.

Oh, and minutes later I got a peridot for a levelup reward. Where's that sack....
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »
    ... Where's that sack....

Send me pics. I'll have my rage unleashed vicariously.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png