test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

inconsistency in bans

verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
Hi!

Half a year ago Castle Never had the wall bug (and several other bugs) to pretty much skip the entire dungeon to get to the end. Some people were banned permanently for using this bug, while others were unharmed. One may defend one's self with the simple argument that if you did not use this bug, you would not be able to economically compete with your same generation of players. Now, that is not my point, but keep in mind that this bug is good for a permanent ban when exploited.

There's also been a bug where, with a series of typed commands, you could come to a bug where you obtain all racial bonuses, feats and stats. This bug has been around for months and months before it came out; it presumably has been used by top PvP guilds in premades where the only ones who could see their stats were their own guild members. Players who knowingly exploited this bug (after it all came to light in June), got the full 3 days worth of ban. That'll teach them for ruining the entire PvP community since its birth!

Now, we have a bug exploit which the entire community presses you to use - "otherwise, we have no use for you in our party for CN" - that would get you a permanent ban. Whereas on the other hand, you have a 3-day ban for a game-wrecking abuse that was hard to catch as they were only used in groups to ensure being safe and sound. I've also heard numerous stories about people being banned for absolutely nothing. Permanently. One of my friends was under investigation after having obtained rank 9's from his other handle. This ban took well over a month and had no grounds whatsoever, except for having been mailed a stack of enchantments. Another friend of mine was banned 2 hours ago, permanently, and we all have yet to figure out what he has been banned for.

This is not so much a plead for an unban for him as it is a statement to bring your awfully inconsistent level of severity, coming with your bans, to attention. I suggest you work on this, since many a banned player may feel treated unfairly. And I cannot say I disagree, as I am a legit PvPer who had to put up with a pat on the back for the players who have been wrecking other players using exploits for months.

Your truly,

Rik
Post edited by verzavus on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Didn't your friend get a email saying what he did? a guy posted on here earlier and said he got banned today but didn't get a email too , seems weird since they are meant to email whoever they ban with a reason.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    He had a mail telling him to contact Neverwinter to hear out their reason. In other words, the account managers ban somebody with a reason, conveniently forget to tell that to the help desk, who then gets a mail as to why somebody got banned. Help desk cannot do anything but look it up and copy+paste the reason that was written in the logs rather than anything that came out of the investigation. Assuming there was one.
  • Options
    patolino171patolino171 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And how this is relevant to preview discussion? Your friend is a cheater and got ban, end of history.

Can some mod lock this thread please?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the very least move the thread...this has nothing to do with Preview Feedback.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And how this is relevant to preview discussion? Your friend is a cheater and got ban, end of history.

Can some mod lock this thread please?

Excellent argument, "he cheat so he ban". I'm pretty sure I stated in the post that he did absolutely nothing that even remotely provoked the terms of service.

My bad, I thought it was a feedback forum in general.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    verzavus wrote: »
    Hi!

Half a year ago Castle Never had the wall bug (and several other bugs) to pretty much skip the entire dungeon to get to the end. Some people were banned permanently for using this bug, while others were unharmed. One may defend one's self with the simple argument that if you did not use this bug, you would not be able to economically compete with your same generation of players. Now, that is not my point, but keep in mind that this bug is good for a permanent ban when exploited.

There's also been a bug where, with a series of typed commands, you could come to a bug where you obtain all racial bonuses, feats and stats. This bug has been around for months and months before it came out; it presumably has been used by top PvP guilds in premades where the only ones who could see their stats were their own guild members. Players who knowingly exploited this bug (after it all came to light in June), got the full 3 days worth of ban. That'll teach them for ruining the entire PvP community since its birth!

Now, we have a bug exploit which the entire community presses you to use - "otherwise, we have no use for you in our party for CN" - that would get you a permanent ban. Whereas on the other hand, you have a 3-day ban for a game-wrecking abuse that was hard to catch as they were only used in groups to ensure being safe and sound. I've also heard numerous stories about people being banned for absolutely nothing. Permanently. One of my friends was under investigation after having obtained rank 9's from his other handle. This ban took well over a month and had no grounds whatsoever, except for having been mailed a stack of enchantments. Another friend of mine was banned 2 hours ago, permanently, and we all have yet to figure out what he has been banned for.

This is not so much a plead for an unban for him as it is a statement to bring your awfully inconsistent level of severity, coming with your bans, to attention. I suggest you work on this, since many a banned player may feel treated unfairly. And I cannot say I disagree, as I am a legit PvPer who had to put up with a pat on the back for the players who have been wrecking other players using exploits for months.

Your truly,

Rik

But thanks for your reply, it was most enlightening.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Section V - Forum Rules / Disciplinary Actions

. . . . If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user game or form bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us. Discussions of the Rules, EULA, ToS, and Forum Moderation on the Forums is not allowed.

Rule 5.01 - No Mouthing Off at Staff
    . . . . If you have questions or concerns about a thread's or post's moderation, forum or game ban, or any related topic, please direct these to the Forum Moderators via Private Messages or to Support through the Support Features. (Please know, Forum Moderators do not have access to Game Infraction records and cannot issue bans of any sort. All game and forum bans are made by PWE at their sole discretion.)

Rule 5.02 - No Representing Banned Members
    . . . . Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own accounts being banned from the game or forums.

Rule 5.03 - Ban Evasion is Prohibited
    . . . . If your forum account is banned for a violation you may not use another account to continue posting while your account is banned. Doing so will result in additional punishments.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.