test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Help With Timeless Hero Purchase

runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hey guys wassup. I hope you guys have seen the Mod 4 GF changes. Looks really promising.
So I was thinking about a new build:

3400 power
2850 crit (4200 with Timeless Hero!!) - with 5 stacks of Reckless Attacker, it will give 29% crit chance. Plus 3% from Weapon Mastery and 5% from the base crit. Equals 37% crit.
2100 recovery
36K HP

Of course, this is for Mod 4.
So my question is will the 4 piece Timeless Hero armor set price be going up in Mod 4? It is worth about 600K AD right now. Should I buy it now or wait till the next Mod.

Edit: Realized my math was wrong. Would only give 37% crit chance with full stacks. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by runonnike on

Comments

• Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    just save your AD and wait till the price is lower
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Stay away from buying anything GF. Prices are climbing and will only get higher as Mod 4 arrives. I am a GF and I have seen an increased number of active GFs in the population, so numbers are increasing. More people means more demand and higher prices.

And why buy? Just farm for them. Outside of TOS, which requires decent DPS, the other 3 T2s are easy and two of those dungeons which have a high demand for GFs so you should have no issues gearing up.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    xamuyeesxamuyees Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2014
    i'll assume all prices of gf will pop up, so making an investment might be good, but for now we don't really know what gear will be the best "go-to" gear. Like GWF it's Avatar, so everything avatar is super pricey, for TR it's swashbuckling, so everything swash is super pricey, etc etc. But for GF, I don't think the mass majority is using the same gear atm. I'm the only one i know running knight captain, a lot of people use grand regent, some the gg gear, etc... investing in something is good, but as of now, it's quite risky as you don't know which gear will flop and which gear will be the go-to set, and a lot of gf's typically go really tanky, so they might stay away from timeless, though gf are getting some dps buffs, so timeless may work better, but we'll have to wait and see. (all this in pve perspective, nothing pvp)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Stay away from buying anything GF. Prices are climbing and will only get higher as Mod 4 arrives.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want to buy it in Mod 4 cuz the full wet might be 1 mill AD again. :( Plus, RNG kinda hates me, so I have decided farming for AD is better than farming for gear. Right now, I have ~800K AD.

Here's a thought: What if I bought the set now and didn't equip it till Mod 4? Would that help at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    your better off farming the dungeons. What else are you going to do if you are not doing dungeons?

I find it really wasteful to buy any T2 when you can get it from playing the game, but trying to get your artifacts up, formorian or fallen weapons and weapon/offense/defense enchants is what you should be using AD for.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There's a lot to do besides dungeons. PvE (Sharandar, Icewind Dale, etc.), PvP, and open world PvP.
    And I PvP on 3 different characters. And for the record, you can't buy the Formorian/Fallen Dragon weapons with AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I sometimes see people complaining about this game and the money it cost to be relevant in the end-game, and I wonder, "what are they doing wrong." I think your post gives me an insight.

Unless you are planning to open your pocket book habitually, buying a t2 armor set is a mistake. The reason is of the 6 categories of end game stuff that compete for your resources: artifacts, epic mount, epic pets, perfect weapon enchants, armor sets, greater bags of holding, bound version of armor sets are by far the easiest thing to get by actually playing the game.

So you get a short term: "yeah I made it", but unless you are PvPing 24/7, you just slowed down your progress pretty substantially. I made an exception for PvPrs because they just want to get on with it, but if you are PvEing, and farming your armor sets sounds to hard, just step back and see the larger context of PvE. What is it that you do during PvE? If you are not getting an armor set how much PvE are you really doing, and what is the point? Running around doing dailies? I guess.

Anyway, that is my cautionary advice:
    You need that AD. Armor is the easy part.

As for the actual armor set. I wear it when I am purely interested in offense because it is one the most pointed sets: it has both offense stats and offensive set bonus. It is useful when that is useful. Grand Regent looks good for its 4 set bonus, but it has very defense stats other then its set bonus, so after you put it on you realize that you are just well rounded, and if you are interested in well rounded black ice/profound is better.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Stay away from buying anything GF. Prices are climbing and will only get higher as Mod 4 arrives. I am a GF and I have seen an increased number of active GFs in the population, so numbers are increasing. More people means more demand and higher prices.

And why buy? Just farm for them. Outside of TOS, which requires decent DPS, the other 3 T2s are easy and two of those dungeons which have a high demand for GFs so you should have no issues gearing up.

Stag's right. I've seen an uptick in my platesmithing sales. Due to DE prices I'm only producing rares but still making 10-15% more per peice. Hey you are a GF you can get Timeless from chests.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    That is exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want to buy it in Mod 4 cuz the full wet might be 1 mill AD again. :( Plus, RNG kinda hates me, so I have decided farming for AD is better than farming for gear. Right now, I have ~800K AD.

Here's a thought: What if I bought the set now and didn't equip it till Mod 4? Would that help at all?

Just farm, bro. :)

I made the mistake of blowing 400 - 500k AD gearing my DC a while back and in hindsight it was such a stupid waste of AD.

I'm sure you have some powerful guildies/friends, so get them to tag along and faceroll the T2s. With dungeon keys you can also spam run T2s and still turn a tiny profit as even the horrible necks & belts you tend to get can be salvaged for more than the key costs.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    And for the record, you can't buy the Formorian/Fallen Dragon weapons with AD.

But you can buy the fragments, and might want to buy the tools unless you can borrow them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't think I want the Timeless set anymore. My math was wrong. It only gives 22% crit chance at 4200 crit. Not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]