Options

So I am preparing for Warlock's release and I need help, please

2»

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Oh pls, p.lightning is very OP on warlock, check rustlord's tyrannic storm video and analysis.

I don't recommend vorpal for healing purpose cuz we can only heal if we heal ourself. If our hp is full, we lifesteal nothing so we heal nothing too. Better consider GPF or P.lightning.

Jazz have you ever tested P .lifedrinker on dc?
    I saw many times in Domination all heals from DC draw hp from her mates .
    Just intresting if its graph bug or its true ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If its not a graphical bug then this will happen.
    SW use any at-will he drain some hp then heal the 4 ppl .
    From the 4 ppl he will gain mybe 400 hp as LS and he will give back to the 4 ppl 1200 then he will agan gain 400 hp until he is not full .

But i am not sure this is why i ask is somone try P .lifedrinker on dc.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    gorakasulgorakasul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vorpal for healing? o.0
    We're still talking about PvE DPS here, right?

I already did a test on the value of Lightning compared to Vorpal and the latter blows the competition out of the water when it comes to personal DPS. I'd like to see something that proves me wrong, searching for "rustlord's tyrannic storm" did not result in anything tbh.
    Dungeons are still deactivated, would've done tests on that subject myself otherwise...
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh pls, p.lightning is very OP on warlock, check rustlord's tyrannic storm video and analysis.

I don't recommend vorpal for healing purpose cuz we can only heal if we heal ourself. If our hp is full, we lifesteal nothing so we heal nothing too. Better consider GPF or P.lightning.

Could you link this video/analysis ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Could you link this video/analysis ?

Here's the video. I unfortunately don't have the analysis handy, but in the process of Tyrannical Threat with a perfect lightning enchantment, the ACT parser showed the combined damage of perfect lightning and tyranical threat to be over 140k in this short timeframe.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Without ACT values, data from a lvl 60 character, testing it in a dungeon environment and the confirmation that this is intended and will stay in the game, we can not conclude anything from this short video. It looks like an unintended interaction on a very limited amount of target, calling it OP and Lightning the way to go is very far stretched.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Here's the video. I unfortunately don't have the analysis handy, but in the process of Tyrannical Threat with a perfect lightning enchantment, the ACT parser showed the combined damage of perfect lightning and tyranical threat to be over 140k in this short timeframe.

Can some one test Tene Enchants ?

i know they trigger from L Enchant ( confirmation welcome ) wondering if they trigger of Locks DOT's if so thats crazy dmg.

Thx for link Harnel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    and another Q

is CON>CHA>INT build best for raw DPS as for now ?

and another Q

what are best for now encounters to max for raw DPS ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You want ACT values?? Here you come.

Why should a DC use p.lifedrinker? We have low damage output and our healing from astral seal is greater than lifedrinker in perfect version!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You want ACT values?? Here you come.

Why should a DC use p.lifedrinker? We have low damage output and our healing from astral seal is greater than lifedrinker in perfect version!!!

No idea why you keep bringing up a PvP DC in a PvE Warlock thread o.0

To quote myself again:
    Without ACT values, data from a lvl 60 character, testing it in a dungeon environment and the confirmation that this is intended and will stay in the game, we can not conclude anything from this short video. It looks like an unintended interaction on a very limited amount of target, calling it OP and Lightning the way to go is very far stretched.

The ACT is non-conclusive and the test only shows interaction between the enchantment and the daily power. It does not give a comparison between different enchantments or powers. Besides, the video has a major disadvantage: He is not doing anything else except putting curses on the targets during the duration of Tyrannical Threat.
    You cannot take "this combination deals X amount of damage" and conclude, that it is overpowered. You have to consider the timeframe and what other abilities could have been used in the same time.

It still lacks an ACT from a proper run, it was not tested in a dungeon with a group on a well-equipped charakter. And, judging from the way the enchant and ability interact, I don't think that it'll stay this way. It just screams "unintentional"...

is CON>CHA>INT build best for raw DPS as for now ?

I rolled 16 CON, 16 INT, 12 CHA and put all points into CON and CHA. With a starting roll of 16 INT and 2 additional points on level 30 and 60 you'll end up with 18 INT on level 60. Adding 2 more points from campfire and Potion of Heroism will put you on 10% ArPen which is more than enough.

what are best for now encounters to max for raw DPS ?

I'm still in the middle of testing the encounters in dungeons. So far I always end up with the following load-out:

-Dreadtheft
    -Blades of Vanquished Armies
    -Fiery Blast, Harrowstorm (for AoE, depending on the situation) or Warlock's Bargain (for singletarget)

I'll get proper results once I've done a couple runs CN 4/4 with my guild, probably in the next couple days.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @gorakasul, I really want to bang your head against your pc. I gave constructive feedbacks and you act like I was off topic and said nonsense all around, this makes me really mad.

Someone suggested to use vorpal to boost warlock healing, I said a no because i proposed if we have full hp, we heal nothing even we deal massive damage with vorpal. Then someone asked me again abt p.lifedrinker effect on a DC, so i wrote those stuff that you quoted. Finally, when i see someone asked why lightning is OP and requested for a ACT chart and video, I quickly traced back those info i saw and linked it here (and that guy is you!!). Did i do any wrong here?? However you refuse to accept what we inspect and being picky, saying this not good enough that not correct bla bla bla, why not you just do the test yourself??

Btw did i keep bring my pvp DC in?? Where do you see i "keep bringing in" my pvp DC?? And you sure this is specifically a pve warlock thread and not just a common warlock thread?? My signature is my pvp DC, but from this thread, I can't find any word which match your first statement. Learn to read pls, read carefully before you type.

Last but not least, if i am not mistaken, 16 con 16 int should go with 12 cha, not 13.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My apologies for the "lifedrinker on DC"-nonsense, mistook you for some else who started that...

Regarding the Lightning though, this was your post:

And it's a very misleading one, since the video you were referring to did not prove anything at all.
    Of course I'm being picky when it comes to testing and providing "proof" why one thing is better than the other thing. You can not just make general statements like those without actually backing it up with hard data.
    I DID do a lot of tests myself and the outcome was slightly different which is why I was asking for your source so that I could compare the data.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    so anything changed ?

Int is still to be ignored ?

what are best encounters for raw dps ?

builds ?

best DPS set / items ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello there i have played the warlock on preview for a while now and it is a really fun class.
    Yes Life Steal is a viable stat to stack up to 1.5k - 2.5k ( i have yet to die often while being the aggro magnet and self healing is easy when you have 2.6k life steal )
    Yes once again recovery is nice to stack over crit IF you plan on using the perfect lightning enchant, Main reason is because of the AP gain it gives ( anything over 2.5k - 3k i would stop )
    Artifacts are a no brainier DC class artifact, and any other that you please they don't really matter to much.
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gorakasul wrote: »
    My apologies for the "lifedrinker on DC"-nonsense, mistook you for some else who started that...

Regarding the Lightning though, this was your post:

And it's a very misleading one, since the video you were referring to did not prove anything at all.
    Of course I'm being picky when it comes to testing and providing "proof" why one thing is better than the other thing. You can not just make general statements like those without actually backing it up with hard data.
    I DID do a lot of tests myself and the outcome was slightly different which is why I was asking for your source so that I could compare the data.

I have done allot of testing myself and for me the lightning and vorpal came hand in hand when attacking 3 targets but when i went into a dungeon the damage difference was quite clear, the lightning was always on top.
    Keep in mind i have 2.5k crit and 34% crit chance and still did more with the lightning.
    As for testing proof i guess you would have to just believe me when i say i test allot and these are the results :)
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I have done allot of testing myself and for me the lightning and vorpal came hand in hand when attacking 3 targets but when i went into a dungeon the damage difference was quite clear, the lightning was always on top.
    Keep in mind i have 2.5k crit and 34% crit chance and still did more with the lightning.
    As for testing proof i guess you would have to just believe me when i say i test allot and these are the results :)

The Lightning will always do better dmg in dungeons combine that and tyrannical curse and the accursed diabolical set and you have MAD DPS warlock
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hello, what would you suggest for raw DPS build ?
    CON>cha>int build ?
    what at wills ?
    what encounters ?
    dailys ?
    what set seems to be best raw dps one ?

thanks in advance to anyone who answers my questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Hello there,

As title says I want to create one as soon as it's released but I've got a couple of questions for those who already played that class on preview.

1) Is lifesteal something viable for warlock? I heard it's a good stat for them?
    2) Is it reasonable to stack recovery?
    3) What artifacts would you recomend? (best of the best, I am quite rich xD)

Thank you in advance ^^

P.S unfortunately I can't log on preview myself and have a look at that class as I have some...problem with the internet and have to pay for each mb I upload/download so...

life is still is needed, recovery u get enought on set, focus on defense+hp u realy need hp, about dailys, dont worry about then, all are useless, gates of hell is fine for pvp, but u get better damage with flames of empowerment, with feated get 17% damage bonus wich is alot better than all ou dailys. Artifacts Waters is a must, others focus on a little armor pen and high power.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am a straightforward person and don't like giving the blindfolds so just gonna say it straight.

I don't think p.lightning is that good untill somebody proves that with a video or with something else. Moreover, I heard multiple times that there are some entities on forums spreading "lightning is op on sw" rumour just to increase it's prices. No offense ^^

P.S I still do have p.lightning in my bank just in case as well as lifedrinker.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    con+cha for dps, at wills go for hand of blith, others dont botter. for encounters warlock bargain, dreadtheft, killing flames(before t2 set) after t2 set change killing flames for horror storm or blades, blades are awesome for boss fights. dailys dont worth using, keep ap full for flames of empowerment,
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    con+cha for dps, at wills go for hand of blith, others dont botter. for encounters warlock bargain, dreadtheft, killing flames(before t2 set) after t2 set change killing flames for horror storm or blades, blades are awesome for boss fights. dailys dont worth using, keep ap full for flames of empowerment,
    What's use of sigil of devoted then? xD

Whatever, I believe its all sisyphean task.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »

Why would you remove killing flames it can hit for insane dmg and if you have MF it becomes a AoE that can proc Creeping death and Hellfire on all targets hit Hellish rebuke is certainly worth the investment if you know how to use it because it can synergies with energizing curse giving you that constant AP gain. Tyrannical threat is another mass dmg daily along with FoP GoH and Accursed souls. If i go about it your way your heavily gimping your DPS
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    Why would you remove killing flames it can hit for insane dmg and if you have MF it becomes a AoE that can proc Creeping death and Hellfire on all targets hit Hellish rebuke is certainly worth the investment if you know how to use it because it can synergies with energizing curse giving you that constant AP gain. Tyrannical threat is another mass dmg daily along with FoP GoH and Accursed souls. If i go about it your way your heavily gimping your DPS

I've double dps than others SW and dont loose for hr or cw on damage, i dont need ap gain, also killing flames do less damage than blades or horror storm, cause 4/4 set works wich every hit of those skills hs has 4 hits if i'n not wrong, it's also provide 16k damage on every mob hit, blades even more. Blades are aweseme cause they have very low CD and hit extremely hard on bosses.
  • Options
    hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    as for artifacts one thing i haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Shard of Valindra's Crown... the stats aren't too bad tho perhaps not the best for this class... but the few seconds of immunity while activating as well as chuckin's outta ur face is awesome on a class that has little other means of evasion other than short bursts of shadow slipping which only seems to work on somethings anyway. (i've played with this a lot on preview,... lifesaver!)