test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact Belts and Weapons - Best in Slot as too powerful?

nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Artifact Belts are Belts which can be upgraded similar to artifacts.
At green rank, they have +1 Stat of your choice and 2 other stats at ~181 stat each

Presumably at legendary, they will grant +4 Stat and 2 stats each at around 400-600?

Will we see characters running around with 32 CON or 32 DEX? Is this good for balance, particularly considering PvP or pre-module 4 content?

Artifact weapons are weapons (non set) which can be upgraded like artifacts.
They boost one of your at wills of your choice by ~5% at green rank, presumably ~20% at legendary rank
They also have T2 stats additionally, which will likely be upgraded to "T4/5" as the weapon is refined

I don't mind having artifact belts and weapons, but personally I feel that they are too powerful and absolute must-haves for every character, both for PvE and PvP and will be noticeably stronger than existing and new non-artifact versions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Them dragon HE's are going to be spawn camped 24/7......
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why wouldn't the new Artifact stuff be best in slot? I thought that was kind of the idea behind adding new items to the game, gained through new content...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    end of NWO right there
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I don't mind having artifact belts and weapons, but personally I feel that they are too powerful and absolute must-haves for every character, both for PvE and PvP and will be noticeably stronger than existing and new non-artifact versions.

Yeah, on the live stream today the dragon HE's, while not meant to be particularly challenging, went down very quickly. I'm wondering if these artifacts are targeted toward PVPers and how PVE is going to hold up to power creep given the slow pace of new dungeons and the fact they shouldn't be targeted at max geared players anyways.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    yeah, it's a horrible trend to begin.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    end of NWO right there

Don't be so melodramatic. Rangers were the end of neverwinter. Artifacts were the end of neverwinter. Black Ice was the end of neverwinter. The Tenacity patch was the end of neverwinter.

Adapt. Maybe get your own. It's not that hard to imagine.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, I already land up to 14k crits with gloaming cut using p.vopral enchantment and upgrading it even further would just...break the damage ? O_o It's like landing LS each second really.
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Don't be so melodramatic. Rangers were the end of neverwinter. Artifacts were the end of neverwinter. Black Ice was the end of neverwinter. The Tenacity patch was the end of neverwinter.

Adapt. Maybe get your own. It's not that hard to imagine.

if they drop off Epic Heroic Encounters and they are anything like Mod3's then we can all kiss that option goodbye.

also +4 to any stat is a huge advantage in pve and pvp a bit over the top
  • Options
    imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Once everybody has them, the playing field will be leveled again. Think back to the beginning when NO ONE had rank 10s except the people the spent a LOT of real money to get them. Now a lot more people have them, and it balanced out. Change happens.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TBH after all the mediocre gear increases the last year I am looking forward to getting some truly T3 items. Keep in mind T1 sets for some classes are still BiS a year later. Do i like the fact that they will need to be refined like artifact, no. I think it is obvious way to get players to spend more money. That said, I would like some really powerful gear finally. As a TR i will be getting worked in mod 4 anyway at least this way I can do some pve ;)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    imit8r wrote: »
    Once everybody has them, the playing field will be leveled again. Think back to the beginning when NO ONE had rank 10s except the people the spent a LOT of real money to get them. Now a lot more people have them, and it balanced out. Change happens.

yeah, but i dont want to think that way, cause GWF now dont do burst damage, i just can't think how much hp will a GF have, maybe 65-70hp ... gizas christ, it will be so unbalanced, not to say , devs can't balance the calsses at all atm , been 3 weeks and i dont see any balance between them ...
    oh BTW: weapons dont have weapon slot, onyl offense slot..

THIS IS MADNESSS
    A GF WITH 70K HP !?!?!?!
    THIS UPDATES WILL GET BACK THE REGEN, THAT PEOPLE WHINE ON MOD 1-2 ,
    can't belive , i just already see hr with 45k hp with alot of damage...
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    imit8r wrote: »

Thing is, only those who have saved up a ton of refinement will have them. And anyone delayed getting into Mod4 content will have serious problems catching up.

The other thing is that for PvP, the queue doesn't care if you got Mod4 Artifact belt/weapons or not. Having people with those items on your team will turn the tide on its own.

For PvE..well, let's just wait for the zone chat to only call for people with artifact weapons/belt to "be eligible" to run basic T2s :D (pugs gonna pug)

I'm not opposed to Mod4 gear being better than previous gear, but this is a huge jump compared to before or even the new armor sets which while having T3 stats, are fairly lacklustre and won't replace HP/HV/AoW/Swash/Black Ice.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious about these new artifact weapons, how can we upgrade them? in the same way like when we upgrade the other artifacts? Also, they have an offensive slot but doesn't have weapon enhancement slot (unless they receive it upon being upgraded to epic/legendary maybe). I really hope we can use artifacts on them, RP x5 at least, that would be awesome! and those artifact belts are very interesting except for the Utility slot, I would have loved an offensive instead. :(
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have sceenshots of the upgraded versions of the artifact weapons?
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious about these new artifact weapons, how can we upgrade them? in the same way like when we upgrade the other artifacts? Also, they have an offensive slot but doesn't have weapon enhancement slot (unless they receive it upon being upgraded to epic/legendary maybe). I really hope we can use artifacts on them, RP x5 at least, that would be awesome! and those artifact belts are very interesting except for the Utility slot, I would have loved an offensive instead. :(

you get +1 ability score , if you max a char with full con, havin a legendary belt +5, you know what that means for a GF , no ? :)
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you get +1 ability score , if you max a char with full con, havin a legendary belt +5, you know what that means for a GF , no ?

Yeah we need 20 seconds more to kill them :-D

I would be also interested how do we upgrade these. I dont see a explicit distinction between them like other artifacts.
    Are they Union, Stability and so on?
    What are the stats of them when legendary?

I like the idea of upgradeable equipment btw.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    you get +1 ability score , if you max a char with full con, havin a legendary belt +5, you know what that means for a GF , no ? :)

Yes ofc but I prefer to think about the increase of DPS in my Destroyer for PvE :P, finally bye bye to the blue items!

BTW, you lead me to think... can we use these artifacts in the companions meaning that can get double ability score? +5 and +5? :eek:
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious about these new artifact weapons, how can we upgrade them?

It looks like we might upgrade them using professions or the campaign window somehow because of these -

Uo5Ypp8.jpg

But its weird because they show 'Progress to next rank 0/560' maybe a new mechanic is being added to upgrade them?Maybe even something like the chillforge in IWD with a whole new crafting tree to go along with the campaign?
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe you only use these components to upgrade them, but to advance them, you need still refiment points?
    That could it be. Maybe a Dev can bring some light on this?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe you only use these components to upgrade them, but to advance them, you need still refiment points?
    That could it be. Maybe a Dev can bring some light on this?

Yeah that's probably it , you need to feed RP in like usual but to upgrade them you need to use those epic crafting materials and maybe a new profession .
  • Options
    klash82klash82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You need 1 gem 1 bone and 1 dragonsteel to get the artifact-weapon-box through the campaign. I don't know if it's random or if you can choose which weapon you get.

If you wanna see the upgraded version of the weapons and belts go to the preview gateway...there is an artifact equipment tab ;)

Link :) : http://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    klash82 wrote: »
    You need 1 gem 1 bone and 1 dragonsteel to get the artifact-weapon-box through the campaign. I don't know if it's random or if you can choose which weapon you get.

If you wanna see the upgraded version of the weapons and belts go to the preview gateway...there is an artifact equipment tab ;)

Link, please?

I found it, nvm.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    klash82 wrote: »

Link :) : http://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/

Well then...those might be a bit broken OP (belts). The weapons (at least for GWF) seem mostly fine as far as the effects.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have sceenshots of the upgraded versions of the artifact weapons?

O.M.F.G.! CW Artifact Weapon Legendary , Second offence slot only added at legendary xD .

keyEwBY.jpg

Legendary belt of Intelligence , Defence slot only added at legendary, RP farming all day 24/7 xD

AOhSM0j.jpg
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, let's be honest. This is the first real upgrade for quite some classes since 1-2 MODs. It was about time and I like it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The effects seem to mainly focus on increasing at-will damage, so that's good.

Edit: The HR artifact weapons are insane o.O.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No this needs to be stopped !! Power creeping at its finest. And the die of pvp
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    No this needs to be stopped !! Power creeping at its finest. And the die of pvp

To be honest I'm GUESSING ( before anybody piles into me) that this stuff is going to be heavily Cash shop orientated ,if so bye bye NW.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tried Ie 9/10/11
    Tried GC
    Tried Safari

This beta has more problems than ESO had in week 1, trying to get one page up is a miracle in itself
  • Options
    v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    Can't lie i'm excited, love when there's something new gear related :D

I understand some of this can be OP but at least it's something to keep the game interesting, and tbh it's only right after a month or plus of black ice farm to craft a set that's borderline awful for almost all classes.
    Virus, Enemy Team.