test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation be doing 18k unmitigated in PvP?

2»

Comments

• Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Why nerf it? Someone (tried to) use it on me last night and I blocked it, taking exactly ZERO damage. If a GF can block it when the source is right in his face I do not see why the other classes cannot dodge it.

For the record, I do not even have one myself nor can I afford one, so I have no vested interest in it.

People only complain about when you're proned and someone pops this artifact on top, one-shotting you. See if you can block or dodge while on the ground.

Should you be able to one-shot with an artifact when you cannot with a daily most of the time? Debatable.
  • Options
    ameyaw1ameyaw1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    compared to pre mod 3 emblem i dont think kessel speer artifact is op at all, and the devs have said when u r proned deflect and other damage resistance stats dont work am sure thats y ppl get one shot and not necessary the artifact being op
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More and more players are getting this now and it has a very negative impact on PvP.
    This needs a nerf NOW and not in 6 months.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It really is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as f*.

Just nerf it right now, its stats are very good so the value ain't going to drop down that much (hell, It's way better than Valindra's and comparable to GWF's seal for PvE), but the effect is truly silly as hell, you aren't really supposed to one-shot r10s PvPers with an artifact.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    People only complain about when you're proned and someone pops this artifact on top, one-shotting you. See if you can block or dodge while on the ground.

Should you be able to one-shot with an artifact when you cannot with a daily most of the time? Debatable.

There are only two classes that can consistently prone you in PVP. Come Mod 4 both of these classes will have their prone capabilities nerfed, with one of them having to rely on a daily to prone you. Frontline Surge & Takedown will no longer prone you, meaning a GWF can only knock you down when he uses a daily. A GF will have a single prone encounter and that encounter (Bull Charge) knocks you away from him, otherwise he too will have to use a daily to knock you over. I'd also add that two of the GF's three proning dailies can be easily dodged and one of them is badly telegraphed. As for the stuns that replace them, they are lasting less than two seconds against players with Tenacity and the stun does not result in deflection being ignored, so no huge hits against stunned players.

Outside of the fighters, as far as I can tell only the CW and HR have an encounter that can prone you and HRs seem to hardly ever use theirs while the CW's can easily be dodged, unless they catch you off-guard. The CW has two(?) dailies as well, but they throw you around and away. A DC has two dailies that can knock you down, one of which throws you further away from the DC. I think the Warlock has one as well.

So really, you will be nerfing something due to a situation that will no longer occur in a few weeks time. Chain proning is old news in a few weeks. Prones also ignore deflection, so with a huge reduction in proning, players will be experiencing less of those deflection-ignoring hits. Even IBS will no longer be the devastating hit it currently is.

The Emblem was a problem, but I don't see much of an issue with this.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, so it sounds fair to you?
    HRs will use their prone power ALOT in mod4. I am directly above u while u are proned. BAM ur dead. I one shot u every 120secs and u cant dodge or escape (not even my prone)

GWFs hae savage advantage: pushes and prones enemy and let u auto aim charge directly to them. I just pop my daily with gwf, ur prone, BAM, one shotted every 120secs without escaping.

GFs have their prone daily and lunging strike with super fast animation. My GF just atcivates daily, lunges and pop artifact while directly standing above u. BAM ine shotted.
    Sounds fun, right?

Wanna do 1vs1 50 times against me, while I am using kessles and u have to use some other crappy artifact? Lets see how much fun u guys have with this broken sh.it.

Seriously, who ever defends this is …
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, so it sounds fair to you?
    HRs will use their prone power ALOT in mod4. I am directly above u while u are proned. BAM ur dead. I one shot u every 120secs and u cant dodge or escape (not even my prone)

GWFs hae savage advantage: pushes and prones enemy and let u auto aim charge directly to them. I just pop my daily with gwf, ur prone, BAM, one shotted every 120secs without escaping.

GFs have their prone daily and lunging strike with super fast animation. My GF just atcivates daily, lunges and pop artifact while directly standing above u. BAM ine shotted.
    Sounds fun, right?

Wanna do 1vs1 50 times against me, while I am using kessles and u have to use some other crappy artifact? Lets see how much fun u guys have with this broken sh.it.

Seriously, who ever defends this is …
    HR prone stun yourself. you cant cast the artifact while proning with an hr
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know why PVP QQ surprises me or why I even notice or care. Should anything be doing 18k dmg in PVP in general? As others state you can avoid it unless you are proned to death which pretty much kills you anyway. Its never good to be at ground zero when that goes off. Best solution in PVP is just don't get hit or don't do PVP at all. Also if you are highly geared taking a bunch of damage it could also be from lazy playing and just standing there mashing buttons because you no longer have to do anything like move around, things like Kessels Spheres just remind people that no matter what gear you put on you will still need to move.

Neverwinter PVP is just for people that are inept at everything else in life but have in one way or another got themselves in a position to be superior in a game and I use the term superior loosely mainly in reference to have a build that is difficult to deal with.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't know why PVP QQ surprises me or why I even notice or care. Should anything be doing 18k dmg in PVP in general? As others state you can avoid it unless you are proned to death which pretty much kills you anyway. Its never good to be at ground zero when that goes off. Best solution in PVP is just don't get hit or don't do PVP at all. Also if you are highly geared taking a bunch of damage it could also be from lazy playing and just standing there mashing buttons because you no longer have to do anything like move around, things like Kessels Spheres just remind people that no matter what gear you put on you will still need to move.

Neverwinter PVP is just for people that are inept at everything else in life but have in one way or another got themselves in a position to be superior in a game and I use the term superior loosely mainly in reference to have a build that is difficult to deal with.
    or we can see the other way around.
    you are so boring and your life is so boring that you 100% enjoy neverwinter pve -.-''
  • Options
    fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    cogent992 wrote: »
    It's remarkably easy to cause all 8 orbs to hit a person who is prone or otherwise immobilized. Is this artifact considered balanced? If so I will certainly shell out for it.

NO It actually is NOT "Remarkably" easy to land ALL 8 orbs. You need to be directly in front of the target to do so, And if ur playing against Pugs, That would be easy. But not in competitive PvP.

You KNow guys, not everything will be handed to you guys, there has to be some sort of skill level involved. Stop QQ'ing about the smallest things, and learn to fight agaisnt them.

Remember this is the forums. And only about 10% of what is said here is taken into consideration.

Oh and by the way, Its not that smart to slow a OFFENSIVE artifact. If u miss. the opposing player will have a water's/banner/ravenskull (Defensive) which in all counts is xtensively better then a Kessel's.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    HR prone stun yourself. you cant cast the artifact while proning with an hr

You can actually ;-)
    Little trick…

But just that only a handful players can use it doesnt make it balanced.

The fact that people talk about skill while defending an artifact that one shots… makes me a sad smile.

And the assumpion you can avoid it… try to dodge while proned… oh wait. But I am used to this kind of ignorance. In the emblem era there were some players who said all the same stuff about the emblem. That its balanced because, at least, you had to time it right. Yeah, was so balanced and fun that time. Especially when running against a pre where everybody was rocking it. ZzzzzzzZZzzzzz
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You can actually ;-)
    Little trick…

But just that only a handful players can use it doesnt make it balanced.

The fact that people talk about skill while defending an artifact that one shots… makes me a sad smile.

And the assumpion you can avoid it… try to dodge while proned… oh wait. But I am used to this kind of ignorance. In the emblem era there were some players who said all the same stuff about the emblem. That its balanced because, at least, you had to time it right. Yeah, was so balanced and fun that time. Especially when running against a pre where everybody was rocking it. ZzzzzzzZZzzzzz

could you Pm me telling me how to avoid boar full animation?
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    And the assumpion you can avoid it… try to dodge while proned… oh wait.

As I said, the Prone Wars are coming to an end. The two biggest sources of complaints in terms of prones are not going to be able to do that anymore. The Takedown-FLS and FLS-Bull Charge rotation are a thing of history. A number of GFs will discard FLS completely (unles they need to deal with a good semi-perma/perma) and possibly even Bull Charge in favour of the train-wrecking combo of Mark, feated Griffon's Wrath and Anvil of Boom (<-- watch the crying about that one).
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    or we can see the other way around.
    you are so boring and your life is so boring that you 100% enjoy neverwinter pve -.-''

If your suggestion is that PVP is so much more interesting playing on the same two maps perpetually for the past year or so, I can't say i'll put any more stock into your opinion than you did mine. I confess i've never been big on PVP but when I started doing it in this game it was actually fun (even losing it was fun) however tenacity came out (and probably peak ad exploitation since also a bunch more people in R10 seemed to materialize everywhere) and then it just wasn't fun anymore it was about who had R10 and perfect enchants and not about fun or skill. There is NO skill playing 18k toons against 14k and less ones. Again why is that fun for a true pvp person that should be equally boring, if it is not then there is something wrong with the person that does.

I don't' agree with everything in PVE but its mostly fun, some end game grinds are not so much, story line is nearly non existent but could have been good if they put as much time into the story line as they did trying to market zen to people.

As it stands now you still have the same two maps in domination, you have a whopping two maps in OWPVP for a grand total of 4 maps to do pvp in and 1 more if you do GG which is ridiculously lop sided which you might not ever win or you might not ever get in. So 5 maps 3 of which have been around since the game started. Hardly exciting. At least doing PVE you have multiple dungeons to run and what a dozen areas to visit?

And if you don't like neverwinter then why don't you find your pvp fix in games that are pvp orientated? Lots of games out there that are PVP that have more balanced mechanics.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Because this is the only one where it actually seems to run a real combat and not some lego fights...see wildstar