test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PartyMonster Channel for pure, legit LFG

saulothindorilsaulothindoril Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Good morning, afternoon, evening or night! With recent struggles to find parties and a need to PuG rising, this channel was created to host and endorse legit, no-class-hating LFG channel.
No exploits, no class hating, no GS requirement and no small-talk. Just pure party. We'd love to see you and run with ya, so don't be shy and hop on ;)

To join, type /channel_join PartyMonster
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there's already NW_Legit_Community for that :P
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just thought I'd drop by to show my support here. We mean no disrespect to the existing Legit chats/channels and are not looking to compete. We just noticed a drop in the main Legit Community channel and hence, I totally support the idea of having alternatives. The purpose of this channel will be to provide Legit Gamers this alternative when they do not have any luck forming their party via other channels. Of course, we intend to make it the Cooler/Most awesome alternative out there :p

Looking forward to more Legit gamers joining this channel. Cheers :)
    edited July 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »

Like I said, this is an alternative. No harm in this. People can add multiple channels and view them simultaneously. The NW_Legit_Community channel is much more laid back, which is appreciated. But sometimes, it gets difficult to find party members in there as well.
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not that I'm against an alternative channel, but isn't that a reason to join /legit instead of making an alternative?

Anyway, I'll join. The more legit non-discriminating players bind together, the more I like it.

Most of us are already a part of /legit. Just that sometimes, between lines of other game-play conversation, it becomes difficult to filter out parties searching for members or members searching for parties. We don't mind gameplay conversation, but we expect this to be more of an LFG for Legit gamers. And the more (Legit gamers) the merrier :)
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like it, I'll be there with my HR :p
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »

I don't get why people overrate the legit channel so much.

Went there thrice. Literally the same attitude as the Zone chat lol.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    then you had bad luck, there's small talk but nowhere close to zone chat. Also people look for groups in there ;)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    then you had bad luck, there's small talk but nowhere close to zone chat. Also people look for groups in there ;)

I went there with a DC friend. I'm a PVP TR that doesn't give a **** about PVE, but I like her and I wanted to take her to a dungeon because she has great potential as a healer, just subpar gear so far. Zone chat doesn't like TR's and (new) DC's so I looked for an alternative.

I went in that legit channel, some guy replies "Let real classes play dungeons", rest was crickets...okay then lol. Best option was to start our own group instead of joining/looking for one.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I must admit that despite liking the channel a lot more than pugging or joining parties in Protectors enclave that recently GS and class preference has started to rear its ugly head in the legit channel a lot more than before .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah I must admit that despite liking the channel a lot more than pugging or joining parties in Protectors enclave that recently GS and class preference has started to rear its ugly head in the legit channel a lot more than before .

probably too many newcomers from LFG came and think that legit is for "uber pros" aka "biggest GS CWs/GWFs"
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Yep, joined a group for VT last night, and a cretin actually called Drizzt Do'Urden (yes, there are many of them, so it's probably no more naming and shaming than saying "an HR") demanded to know my GS. The sheer quantity of facepalm was intense. I'm not going to have my GS second guessed, especially not by another Drizzt clone :D

Luckily, that's rare, but I also notice a growing number of /zone style fratbros spamming "bacon! LOL" and the like, which doesn't do a whole lot for the signal to noise ratio. There are still lots of nice people to be found, though, and decent groups, if you're patient.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The NW_Legit channel is getting more and more dead most of the time.

@OP, are you sure you want to segregate the already dwindling potential audience for this even more? It's your choice, but IMHO, I would just promote the NW_Legit channel to encourage more players to join an already established channel
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Legit channel isn't like Zone chat. It's more like a guild chat, as it's become a de facto guild for a lot of people. So there is joking around and smalltalk and whatnot, and that tends to be more of the case outside of DD time. Near DD time the smalltalk tends to diminish and the requests for groups grows higher.

I have seen very little of people requesting GS. Actually you are likely to get yelled at if you advertise your GS in /legit.

As for class preferences, the most I have seen of that sort of thing is to request a balance between ranged and melee classes for certain dungeons when that seems most appropriate, as opposed to having an unbalanced party which would risk failure to complete the dungeon. This is especially important for people who are just gearing up in T2 dungeons. There's nothing wrong with, say, a 5 TR party, but if the 5 TR's are all trying to get their T2 gear, it's probably a better idea to instead have a greater balance in a dungeon like Spellplague. But I have never, not once, seen someone say "don't take a TR, let's take the GWF instead".

On balance the legit channel is far more welcoming of all classes than anything you will find in zone chat or LFG chat.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    As for class preferences, the most I have seen of that sort of thing is to request a balance between ranged and melee classes for certain dungeons when that seems most appropriate, as opposed to having an unbalanced party which would risk failure to complete the dungeon. This is especially important for people who are just gearing up in T2 dungeons. There's nothing wrong with, say, a 5 TR party, but if the 5 TR's are all trying to get their T2 gear, it's probably a better idea to instead have a greater balance in a dungeon like Spellplague.

Yep, it's usually quite pleasant.. people start of with LFxM, and then try and fill in obvious gaps.. "a CW would be nice" or "a DC" or "another DPS". It's very rarely too specific. Heck, the best group I was in this week was a VT farming group with no DC and a GF- but all good people, and decent players. No-one fretted about party makeup, everyone was civil and supportive. Perfect, on a good day, the legit channel is a bit of a home from home. I'm certainly not writing it off, despite the slightly annoying incident detailed above.

Generally, if you're nice, and either competent or willing to learn, and don't engage in a lot of willy-waving, the legit channel will provide a good experience... unless you catch it during fratbro hour :)
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The legit is overrated is not what is once were, nice to see a new channel available to join.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its like anything. A club is only popular while its exclusive. Once its open to everyone its suddenly not as popular. And it becomes something fun to trash. Legit is still a great place, but it is also a victim of its own popularity. Its still a far better alternative to zone or lfg chat. By a large margin.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've yet to see GS waving in Legit, I do see people sometimes looking for advice on what's better for their class but that's hardly the same thing.

edit*

The only thing I've seen that was close was someone upset that the group had to remove them for low gs, but it was because they were below the min gs to get in the dungeon and they didn't understand that at first.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm all for bringing like-minded, legitimate players together - even if that means going to a different chat channel. The only other thing I will say is that unless you are going to be very strict with enforcing what is discussed in the channel, then people are going to talk about other things. I wanted nw_legit_community to be as open as possible, so I only step in if people are actively trolling or being rude, otherwise I'm tolerant of other chatter.

Regardless, I wish you the best in this endeavor.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its like anything. A club is only popular while its exclusive. Once its open to everyone its suddenly not as popular. And it becomes something fun to trash.

I certainly wasn't talking trash about the legit channel and I even said it is preferable to use over lfg or the queue tool but a couple of days ago there was a full blown argument over somebody demanding another players GS and this took place in the channel itself , some others did jump in and say it wasn't really what the channel is about but I'm certainly not about to pretend it never happened , also the number of players bragging and waving epeens about in there quite often is very tiresome ,once again imho and no offence intended.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • saulothindorilsaulothindoril Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I just want to point out that this isn't a replacement or anything, it's a /strict/ LFG channel, regardless of DD time, class or GS. That is what I want to endorse and organize. Legit was really neat in many ways before approx. Mod3, but as awesome is it's community right now, I'm sometimes getting outright ignored when looking for a group. PartyMonster is simply there as either a back-up, or a system for grouping only.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had tried to set up another sub channel previously in legit for this same reason : nw_legit_partysearch , but it was mostly overlooked .
    Hope you have better luck .
    edited July 2014
    The NW_Legit channel is getting more and more dead most of the time.

@OP, are you sure you want to segregate the already dwindling potential audience for this even more? It's your choice, but IMHO, I would just promote the NW_Legit channel to encourage more players to join an already established channel

We are not encouraging players to leave the existing legit channel (or discouraging people from joining it). I'd like this channel to be visualised as a sub-channel of the existing legit channel wherein you can filter only LFG oriented conversations.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wanted nw_legit_community to be as open as possible, so I only step in if people are actively trolling or being rude, otherwise I'm tolerant of other chatter
    And we are hoping you keep it that way. Like many have said, the legit channel is like a home away from home for many of us (or guild away from guild, if you must). We like having conversations on gameplay and tactics on regular legit channel and would love for it to remain as is. We also appreciate your (and of course, other regular members') efforts in forming and maintaining this community.
    edited July 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    I had tried to set up another sub channel previously in legit for this same reason : nw_legit_partysearch , but it was mostly overlooked .
    Hope you have better luck .

I am a member of this channel as well. However, since it has not shown as much activity, I just felt that I could show my support here with the hopes that this fares better.
    edited July 2014
    That said, I started removing legit from most of my tabs today- as there is literally no-one forming groups, and the same single person is talking drivel apparently almost 24/7- dull, ill-informed and apparently completely immune to polite hints or irony- and it seems to be boring people away.

I shan't name and shame as that's not allowed here, but I am sure most would know who I meant, flip to the channel and there he is. A replacement channel without that sort of "personal soapbox" or indeed that person wouldn't be bad at all.
  • valoraniusvaloranius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hear hear. Thank you for making this channel. I haven't seen any activity in it yet, but hope it takes off. Like STO's PublicEliteSTF channel, NW really could use a LFG channel that isn't full of chatter, exploiters, and GS-waving clowns. Enforce the rules; it can be done.

{ I've lurked in legit for a few weeks now, as people recommended it to me for LFG. So far, during the times that I'm playing, there are just people either 1) whining about prices like common zone chatters ( we get it, you can't afford whatever zen/AD prices are being set; like in RL, you can't have everything you want ) 2) theorycrafting and PvP chatter (look, tips and strategy sharing is great, but can't you people take your page-spanning, grand min-maxing debates to a forum post or something) 3) that one guy who seems to be on 24/7, rambling about whatever his pet topic is for the day (sheesh, get a life). The few people asking for groups, even during DD, hour get ignored or pushed off the chat buffer. }
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I consider NW_legit_community to be my second guild. That's what it feels like anyway, with how friendly everyone usually is and the level of maturity in our pugs. I will take these communities over LFG in PE anyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited July 2014
    valoranius wrote: »
    that one guy who seems to be on 24/7, rambling about whatever his pet topic is for the day (sheesh, get a life). The few people asking for groups, even during DD, hour get ignored or pushed off the chat buffer. }

I thought raising it here had maybe caused an op to mute or kick him, as we had peace and quiet for a day or so.. As someone else said:

[22:30] [Tell] From [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: btw, you noticed the sudden quiet in the channel.. i think someone read your post
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: i do hope so
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: legit is the thing that keeps a lot of good people playing the game
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: if one boring tool drives them all away by never shutting up, we lose good people
    [22:32] [Tell] From [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: my entire guild except <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shut down legit, some even singed out becouse of that

(Names obscured as per forum rules, and out of courtesy)

It seems it's not just me..
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I thought raising it here had maybe caused an op to mute or kick him, as we had peace and quiet for a day or so.. As someone else said:

[22:30] [Tell] From [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: btw, you noticed the sudden quiet in the channel.. i think someone read your post
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: i do hope so
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: legit is the thing that keeps a lot of good people playing the game
    [22:31] [Tell] To [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: if one boring tool drives them all away by never shutting up, we lose good people
    [22:32] [Tell] From [<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>]: my entire guild except <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shut down legit, some even singed out becouse of that

(Names obscured as per forum rules, and out of courtesy)

It seems it's not just me..

If only posting specific channels could be set to cost 10AD per line! An AD sync and chat moderation in one. genius !
    And can go in a pool for lottery. ;)
  • galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    That said, I started removing legit from most of my tabs today- as there is literally no-one forming groups, and the same single person is talking drivel apparently almost 24/7- dull, ill-informed and apparently completely immune to polite hints or irony- and it seems to be boring people away.

I shan't name and shame as that's not allowed here, but I am sure most would know who I meant, flip to the channel and there he is. A replacement channel without that sort of "personal soapbox" or indeed that person wouldn't be bad at all.
    Yes, the recent chatterbox is very irritating. Maybe it's a chat bot performing the Turing test on us?
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    galaxy1045 wrote: »
    Yes, the recent chatterbox is very irritating. Maybe it's a chat bot performing the Turing test on us?

I wonder that sometimes.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!