test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duelist flurry animation bugged in preview

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
@panderus @gentlemancrush

sorry guys to calling you this way but duelist flurry animation is definitely bugged in preview.
It s seems faster the before but the third swing before the flurry stops half way, the whole animation is not smooth as in the live server and this makes the jump thing 3 times more difficult and with a lot of distance not covered anymore.
Please take a look.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?712761-how-do-you-like-new-duelist-flurry-animation
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    this forum is realy hard to find
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    I can confirm that that the animation sequence for TR's Duelist's Flurry seems to have a hiccup in it, namely between the 2nd strike and the followup Flurry sequence itself. There is a pregnant pause, a delay, longer than previously (i.e. live version), and during which time the rogue cannot move or change direction/target (as they could previously). Could you take a look at it? Thanks!
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah it was really awkward. has to be a bug
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The changed animation is extremely awkward and unappealing compared to the old one. Even if the mechanics of DF are intentionally being reworked with regards to cast-time/range, I would still much prefer something like the old animation over this one
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I concur. The second hit's animation now pauses halfway through and hangs, the skill no longer seems able to switch targets like it always has, and the entire thing lasts longer now. DF is our primary source of damage. Please fix it and don't screw it up. The class is already dead in PvE. Ruining DF would just... At that point just delete the class. Anyone having issue with it in PvP is bloody terrible and needs to learn to dodge, it's already one of our slowest skills.

If this is intentional from y'all being worried about DF being so much better than our other at-wills... Well, make our other at-wills suck less then. Make Sly Fourish an AoE to justify its crappy damage. Give us back the 4 other charges on Cloud of Steel. Do... Something with gloaming, I have no idea what, I'm not Sab or perma so it's useless to me. Just... Yeesh.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no answers...
    edited July 2014
    We won't get any. If they'd just delete the class and let us move to one of the other classes I'd be happier at this point.
  • sasake84sasake84 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Devs, pls fix the DF animation, it is the only thing we have left. In mod 4 stealth won't matter, we will be just cannon fodder, but please fix DF animation.
    edited July 2014
    Hope it will be fixed in the next patch...if someone read this
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No way it is wai. We should get a fix soon
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did a quick video of df with a TR mule that I copied to preview. http://youtu.be/SjEdNhAkc1E
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    DEVS

On behalf of all NW and TR lovers please fix the bugs and improve TR gameplay. Thank you and Godbless
    edited July 2014
    We have dev responding to emperor cloths but no devs responding to bugs reports. Life is sad
    edited July 2014
    There's been no response to my thread about the bugged walk animation or weird jerk when stopping from running, either.
    edited July 2014
    Must be working as intended then, right?
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its not. Upon getting on preview, I can see immediately what the problem is. TR's have a new sudden stop movement animation.

The duelist flurry is using this new animation within it, making it look awkward because it isnt smooth and doesnt obviously belong within the attack animation.
    edited July 2014
    seems fixed.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes it is unnerfed again. Well since they treat TR as no class as others-nerfs and fixes are not mentioned, it requires from those who agree on this disrespect from their side, to be very watchful. Battle is won but eventually they will destroy something else. I wonder whether the counter of endless nerfs will end or the game will end before that. For now 14 months of endless nerfs for TR. Probably this whole crazy idea of nerfing duelist flurry is to draw attention from the fact that TR will not have chances against HR or GWF perhaps or even SW in new module. Just to show it could be worse. But it will be worse by each patch. Pattern of suppressing class will be going on most likely.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    There's been no response to my thread about the bugged walk animation or weird jerk when stopping from running, either.

I think the sudden stop animation is intended. It looks that way.

But its this new animation thats been added is whats messing up duelist flurry. Its using this animation within the regular duelist flurry animation and it makes it look off.
    edited July 2014
    It can't possibly be intended, it looks completely random and has no transitions.

I'm almost convinced the jerky knee movement is a relic of the botched walking animation, because the only other thing that looks remotely like it is the transition from the combat run to the combat stance. That weird knees-bent dance-y thing.

If it IS intended, it's bloody hideous and poorly done and completely random and unneeded.