test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Midsummer Fest this year?

relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Cannot see Midsummer Festival in calendar for next month yet. It was one of the best events so far. Would be great to have that one more time. And most of us still miss at least one mount for the collection. ;)
Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
Post edited by relativity on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would be surprised if they didn't have it again, give how popular it was and the amount of effort that went into it. My guess is that they haven't updated the calendar that far in advance, since due to the Feywild release it fell at the end of August and was mostly in September. Tyranny of Dragons seems to be doing the same thing this year.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I'm guessing it will come late again this year as they manage and continue to get their events lined up and sorted out. I'm sure over time, Midsummer will eventually come at the right time of the year. :)
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I sold all the pigs and consumables from last year. Im quite sure it will come. Those **** pigs are still worth only 120k AD :D
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also think the event will be back. Need those mounts for my chars. Back then I only had like two :D
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm new (only started playing during the 1 year celebrations) so I'd love the chance at some of these things from the midsummer festivities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope they rerun it , I only need the Boar mount to complete my collection so I hope they include new rewards too to go with the older ones.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IIRC the event will start in august/september like last year.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    More sunite outfits and pigs plz. They gave us the dumb star mask a second time. We need to see more people riding around on pigs.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope we have the Midsummer Festival again this year too. Just, please, no more chicken herding!
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Warlock's Tree Branch Pact Blade!!!
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    More sunite outfits and pigs plz. They gave us the dumb star mask a second time. We need to see more people riding around on pigs.

I concur. Sune is the goddess of lust and sexuality, she really ought to have more outfits than the hippy bell bottoms. Some options more akin to the courtesan outfit would be appropriate.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I hope they do add it.

They've already coded pretty much almost all of it.

If you want to switch it up and not devalue the event and the rewards, perhaps have it on for a shorter time but I really do think it is best that the event does appear soon
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    I concur. Sune is the goddess of lust and sexuality, she really ought to have more outfits than the hippy bell bottoms. Some options more akin to the courtesan outfit would be appropriate.

Courtesan bottoms and sunite top were meant to be together. Not on a tiefling though....
  • silverrainnesilverrainne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keeping in mind, this CTA we just had didn't hit the calendar until the day they announced it in the events on the arc log in screen.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was well past midsummer last time... and the calendar said the wrong
    month for almost a year. :-/ Figure it's in September. Fall stuff can be
    in November I spose. Hopefully Halloween will be more exact than that.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I liked the Midsummer event. I do hope it returns. Probably a little later than midsummer like last year though.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I expect it will start the end of August (after the module has been out a week or 2 to squash bugs) or beginning of September and run till the end of September. I would give up on the name Midsummer and just call it the Harvest Festival which it seems to be more akin to.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I expect it will start the end of August (after the module has been out a week or 2 to squash bugs) or beginning of September and run till the end of September. I would give up on the name Midsummer and just call it the Harvest Festival which it seems to be more akin to.
    Harvest Festival is for the Chanutean and Silvanite faiths though. The reason Midsummer is celebrated by the Sunite faith is because of the Firepetals. They only bloom during Midsummer and these flowers have long been revered as sacred by the Sunite faith, seen as a sign of their Goddess' divine beauty. Over the many millennia since, this reverence has equated to becoming a time for festivals and celebration of beauty and sensuality.
    edited July 2014
    Can't wait for Chicken chasing , flower collecting and troll wrangling xD I wonder if they will add any new events to it , and I really hope they add a few new rewards , all I need from last year collections is the Boar mount , I love my Blue ribbon piggy , I just wish that mount upgrades were a reasonable price , I'd upgrade my piggeh in a heartbeat xD
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I have a few new characters that I'd love to get Sunite clothes for and a few more piggies, both mount and companion! Especially since I accidentally mailed my last sunite outfit to someone random.
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Especially since I accidentally mailed my last sunite outfit to someone random.

Lol , I did that with a green quality Tailor from that professions pack you get in Neverdeath graveyard , I had only been playing a few days and didn't take the time to read how to mail items so I used my characters name and not it's @tag xD
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not looking forward to seeing so many pigs all over the place, but I want that water balloon thing!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Last thing I heard is that the water balloon will not available to players that participated in blaspheme videos such as http://youtu.be/88Hxsm6cM94
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Last thing I heard is that the water balloon will not available to players that participated in blaspheme videos such as http://youtu.be/88Hxsm6cM94

Blasphemy!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pretty sure last time it was in September. I remember thinking "what does September have to do with Midsummer?"
    I would expect it to be around the same time again this time.
    And yes, I'm looking forward to it. Despite a few issues with it, it was my favorite event to date (just barely beating out Winter Event and Respen's).
    edited July 2014
    Pretty sure last time it was in September. I remember thinking "what does September have to do with Midsummer?"
    I would expect it to be around the same time again this time.
    And yes, I'm looking forward to it. Despite a few issues with it, it was my favorite event to date (just barely beating out Winter Event and Respen's).
    Yeah, it was late by 1 month last year, happening at the end of August and lasting into September.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1006370
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1004810

In the Realms, Midsummer is supposed to fall on the last day of Flamerule (July) and ends on the first day of Eleasias (August):

Also called Midsummer Night or the Long Night. It is generally a time of music, love and grand feasts. This is also a common night for weddings. Bad weather, which is rare on this night, is often seen as a sign of ill omen, foretelling a great plague, famine or other calamity.