test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should more items be Bound on Account?

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
Ill make this simple.

Many players - like myself - would LOVE to play more than 1-2 characters. The issue is that with each new character its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the campaigns as well as MORE importantly artifacts.

I know this has completely curbed my desire to play any new characters other than the ones I already have, not because of leveling. I enjoy leveling. But because I dont want to have to spend 30 mil AD + to get three artifacts to a decent level for use.

I have the ability to swap enchants around - so I only roughly need about 1.5 sets of enchants to do this (for options) and I keep about 3-4 perfect weapon enchants for various builds, but the BIGGEST deterrent to level a new character is thinking of ALL the painful farming it takes to do the campaigns AND artifacts.

Here is my proposition.

1) Artifacts - are bound on account and can be held in your bank to xfer over to other characters. Either this, or I also wouldnt be too opposed to making them LIKE enchants where you have to pay gold to unequip them but THEN can xfer them over - this just creates another value/gold sink.

2) Campaigns should be able to be sped up somehow with other characters as well. Give players MORe incentive to have more than one character at max level and play that - this will increase ALOT of activity.

Basically MORE items should work LIKE the slayer set does.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aviracaineaviracaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think any player will disagree with this. Can't say the same about PWEs Marketing department though. ^_^'
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Ill make this simple.

Many players - like myself - would LOVE to play more than 1-2 characters. The issue is that with each new character its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the campaigns as well as MORE importantly artifacts.

I know this has completely curbed my desire to play any new characters other than the ones I already have, not because of leveling. I enjoy leveling. But because I dont want to have to spend 30 mil AD + to get three artifacts to a decent level for use.

I have the ability to swap enchants around - so I only roughly need about 1.5 sets of enchants to do this (for options) and I keep about 3-4 perfect weapon enchants for various builds, but the BIGGEST deterrent to level a new character is thinking of ALL the painful farming it takes to do the campaigns AND artifacts.

Here is my proposition.

1) Artifacts - are bound on account and can be held in your bank to xfer over to other characters. Either this, or I also wouldnt be too opposed to making them LIKE enchants where you have to pay gold to unequip them but THEN can xfer them over - this just creates another value/gold sink.

2) Campaigns should be able to be sped up somehow with other characters as well. Give players MORe incentive to have more than one character at max level and play that - this will increase ALOT of activity.

Basically MORE items should work LIKE the slayer set does.

Thoughts?

Artifacts sadly no. They are currently one of the only AD sinks in the game and making them moveable would make a pretty bad situation worse.

Campaigns, sure. I don't know anyone who enjoys the ridiculous grind...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . In my opinion, everything in game that is Bind on Pickup should instead be Bind to Account but Bind to Character when Equipped or used, except for Companions (they're fine). Tarmalune Bars also need to be Account Bound (Just like they did with STO's equivalent, Lobi Crystals). Even Currencies need to be Account Bound also. Seal Currency however should remain Bind on Pickup.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All fashion items should become Bind on Account, I'd like to use those pretty scarfs from the winter event on my new characters. (if you know any fashion neck that binds on account - tell me)

As for campaigns - many friends of mine would like to play a new character, but SHARANDAR, god, it's sooo frustrating.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • aviracaineaviracaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2kk AD to unbind Legendary artifact and AD sink issue will be solved.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It costs over 20mil astral diamonds to refine an artifact to rank 100, how do they expect anyone to do that even on one character, let alone 2 or more lol. Support for account bound artifacts
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tarmalune trade bars? Something that's been asked for since launch.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wanted to click yes but my mouse battery went berserk and selected No by accident! My vote is YES...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dude, I have 8 legendary artifacts that I want to move across my characters. =_=
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It would be amazing^2 if artifacts were BoA, but I really really really really really really really really really really really doubt they're going to do so, even because lots of people already spent their money to upgrade the same artifact for different characters.

That wouldn't be fair for them.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    It would be amazing^2 if artifacts were BoA, but I really really really really really really really really really really really doubt they're going to do so, even because lots of people already spent their money to upgrade the same artifact for different characters.

That wouldn't be fair for them.

They can use them to refine other artifacts and have a wide variety of options, not all the artifacts are optimal for the same class.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    They can use them to refine other artifacts and have a wide variety of options, not all the artifacts are optimal for the same class.

Artifacts cannot be used to refinements afaik.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Artifacts cannot be used to refinements afaik.

Only class artifacts can't be used as RP.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only class artifacts can't be used as RP.

Which is a major dis-incentive to level class artifacts up unless you don't mind to lose the chance of using it to refine a better artifact of the same type in future.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ugh artifacts no could you imagine lvl 15's running around with a legendary on lol

i am for the earlier campaigns being sped up though the grind for sparks makes me want to destroy keyboards
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ugh artifacts no could you imagine lvl 15's running around with a legendary on lol

i am for the earlier campaigns being sped up though the grind for sparks makes me want to destroy keyboards

We already have lvl 15s running around with 6-8 rank 10 enchants + perfect weapon enchants... Pretty sure thats arguable more gamebreaking than a 2 min CD effect or the extra stat points, and dont forget mutliple slots are unlocked at higher levels as well.... You technically can already do this as well if you have the AD and plan to keep that character.

I agree with many above, if its 20-30 million AD to make an orange... How are you supposed to do that let alone 3x on one character versus on 2 or 3....

This is the BIGGEST deterrent to playing more than 1.

If you want AD sinks, then sure, make an "unbind" token that changes it to account bound from BOE. This would make it STILL a AD sink, but much less annoying to play more than 1 toon.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No artifacts need to be like this. The game needs ad sink.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    aviracaine wrote: »
    I don't think any player will disagree with this. Can't say the same about PWEs Marketing department though. ^_^'

This
    /thread
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . In my opinion, everything in game that is Bind on Equip should instead be Bind to Account but Bind to Character when Equipped or used, except for Companions (they're fine). Tarmalune Bars also need to be Account Bound (Just like they did with STO's equivalent, Lobi Crystals). Even Currencies need to be Account Bound also. Seal Currency however should remain Bind on Pickup.

Sure if you want to completely remove the last remaining reason to replay content. Players have already gradually got fed up with the game with the release of these 3 modules.

It would definitely help to transfer artifacts via the same account. You already invested a lot of time or money into it, why should you be unable to use it just because you want to main a different character? You can transfer enchants after all and not just to your account. Then again if enchants were released now they'd probably BoP the **** out of them. The game continually adds more and more restrictions to reduce the enjoyment you can have with the game and that is just a shame.

I know it's hard to keep everyone happy, but god, you don't have to give them an easy time to dislike you cryptic...
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would love to see some kind of artifact unbound token. But make in a kind that u have to choose to which character u want to transfer it. Means: everytime u want to change the artifact to another char u have to pay for the artifact.
    Make the token cost for legandary like 1.5-2 million ad.

Nice AD sink, saves time for the ones who already obtained legendaries and encourages people to bring artifacts higher because they know, they are not a waste if they decide to play another character in the future.
  • thanat0s666thanat0s666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Sure if you want to completely remove the last remaining reason to replay content. Players have already gradually got fed up with the game with the release of these 3 modules.

It would definitely help to transfer artifacts via the same account. You already invested a lot of time or money into it, why should you be unable to use it just because you want to main a different character? You can transfer enchants after all and not just to your account. Then again if enchants were released now they'd probably BoP the **** out of them. The game continually adds more and more restrictions to reduce the enjoyment you can have with the game and that is just a shame.

I know it's hard to keep everyone happy, but god, you don't have to give them an easy time to dislike you cryptic...

thumbs up mate! very well said!
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Please make artifacts BoA so I can actually start refining them to higher levels.

However, this thread does have the unfortunate timing of being made right after the enchanted keys becoming bound. I do have to say I don't like the idea of more trade items/enchant/ect. items becoming bound on account, but something like artifacts needs to happen. Otherwise I'll just keep saving the AD to invest in things that are BoA or more useful than a one per character item that may become outdated.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »

Sorry, I meant "everything in game that is Bind on Pickup should instead be" - not sure why I wrote Bind on Equip there. I am all for things being Bind on Equip but in my opinion, things that automatically bind to a character on acquire should instead bind to the Account until equipped and then bind to the character once equipped (or used).
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm all for T. Bars being bta. Maybe some other stuff like seals as well. I disagree with the artifacts, once you equip them they should be btc. Same with companions. What I would like to see is all cash shop items become btaoa. That way if you want something from the cash shop you and you don't want to buy zen with real life cash, you have to use the zax. This will also make it where people can't bypass the 500:1 ratio. The reason the zax has such a backlog atm is only the foolish zen sellers were using the zax because they could get much more for their zen that way.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I'm all for T. Bars being bta. Maybe some other stuff like seals as well. I disagree with the artifacts, once you equip them they should be btc. Same with companions. What I would like to see is all cash shop items become btaoa. That way if you want something from the cash shop you and you don't want to buy zen with real life cash, you have to use the zax. This will also make it where people can't bypass the 500:1 ratio. The reason the zax has such a backlog atm is only the foolish zen sellers were using the zax because they could get much more for their zen that way.

The only thing I see for players who want artifacts NOT able to swap is because its an "AD sink". Well that is fine in theory, but in practice its not. Again it costs 20+million AD for 2-3 orange artifacts, and what really frustrates me is they keep changing/reworking and releasing artifacts.

Take Emblem, it was WAY too strong mod 2, but even the GREEN base version was selling for 6 mil AD. It was easily 10+mil to get to orange, yet now its worthless. This is part of my issue with it and why the should be BOAOE (or w.e).

Why do you NEED AD sinks in the first place? You get a big haircut when selling anything on the AH already - thats a sink. Some of us have TONS of AD, but if we have been playing the game why do we need AD sinks?

All it does for me is make me never want to play alternate characters since the cost is too high and so is the risk that the artifacts get nerfed or are no longer as good.

When you keep releasing new gear/artifacts and keep changing existing artifacts it seems silly these are so limited FOR THE COST.

Also I completely agree, I think anything purchased with ZEN in the shop should automatically be bound to account. This prevents anyone from going around the ZAX - which is PART of the problem with it. The other issue IMO is the 500:1 CAP - since the market cannot effectively price for the demand - which causes a backlog.
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Also I completely agree, I think anything purchased with ZEN in the shop should automatically be bound to account. This prevents anyone from going around the ZAX - which is PART of the problem with it. The other issue IMO is the 500:1 CAP - since the market cannot effectively price for the demand - which causes a backlog.
    I also wouldn't be bothered if all Zen shop items became account bound. It would probably do the economy a lot of good, enticing folks to use the ZAX more, and putting more focus on trading items earned in-game, like gear, event items, enchants, etc.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With coalescent wards harder and harder to get and at 400k AD now on AH, i think that it would be cool to have weapon and armor enchats to be available to the entire account, like class artifacts. Once you get a class artifacts, it can be purchased for free by the NPC in Protector's Enclave. Would be cool if, once you get a weapon enchant/ armor enchant on one toon, you can at least get for free the lesser version from an NPC.

Else, except for very rich and dedicated players, it's a pain to switch enchants again and again everytime you want to switch from one toon to another. Just, for example, if someone has a PVorpal and PSoulForged on his main toon (i mentioned the most used enchants), it would be nice to be able to get from the NPC for free the lesser Voparl and lesser Soulforged (BoP obviously) with your second toon.

Or else, make weapon - armor enchants from greater to perfect level, shared by characters of the same account, and BoA on the second character created, with a limit of 2 characters being able to share them, just to prevent the servers to get filled up with Perfect geared alts.

But at least, if you create a second toon, you don't have to spend the ridiculous amount of AD it takes now to create Weapon/ Armor enchants, twice. Cause e're talking about milions AD just like for artifacts...