test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

my predictions based on community mindset as a whole.

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
1) Prices are going to double for all high end enchantments.
2) Warlock will be nerfed
3) people that are level 60 now without rank 10 and perfects will never get them.. Most will rage quit.
4) black ice main hand will drop from kessels
5) a new pvp map will be created
6) the game will lose player base due to the feeling not being able to compete with old players uber gears.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by demonmonger on

Comments

• Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My predictions:

1.) Im'a kill a lot of dragons.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You need to elaborate on what brought you to these conclusions , but my view is

1) Prices will probably rise with the exploit fixed that allowed easy stacks of rank 5's into the game , RP will be more expensive now.
    2)Warlock isn't out for 4 more weeks , no idea how you nerf an unreleased class.
    3)People who are sticking round and plan on playing the game long term have no reason to quit just because it will take longer to level up enchantments , players who think gearing up to BIS in MMO's is a 2 week thing probably will .
    4)We asked for this to happen since the earliest point in mod 3 testing , the main hand and gloves are the main reason to keep doing HE's in Icewind dale so I wouldn't count on it.
    5)I wouldn't hold your breath.
    6)Once again players who think they should be able to gear up to BIS in a few weeks will always leave any MMO disappointed , I have never played any MMO where it is easy to get BIS and compete with old timers without putting in a lot of time , effort and work.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you are strictly PvE, most of the predictions in OP are irrelevant.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited July 2014

1) Prices will probably rise with the exploit fixed that allowed easy stacks of rank 5's into the game , RP will be more expensive now.
    2)Warlock isn't out for 4 more weeks , no idea how you nerf an unreleased class.
    3)People who are sticking round and plan on playing the game long term have no reason to quit just because it will take longer to level up enchantments , players who think gearing up to BIS in MMO's is a 2 week thing probably will .
    4)We asked for this to happen since the earliest point in mod 3 testing , the main hand and gloves are the main reason to keep doing HE's in Icewind dale so I wouldn't count on it.
    5)I wouldn't hold your breath.
    6)Once again players who think they should be able to gear up to BIS in a few weeks will always leave any MMO disappointed , I have never played any MMO where it is easy to get BIS and compete with old timers without putting in a lot of time , effort and work.

These are my predictions... Like all predictions wait and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Part of why I like MMOs is because nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. Its something that I feel like I really earned when I finally get something I've been wanting. I'll be playing Neverwinter most likely for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Shouldn't rise prices at all since you get the same RP (in fact more on average) from the 4 rank 4 that would have gone into making the Rank 5. it just becomes more tedious to level up enchantments, etc. for actual players.

In fact the rise in prices of Enchantments and Peridots is far more likely to be due to the banning of enchantment farming bots.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are two different issues here.

PVE.. if you are strictly pve based, there is nothing the OP is saying that matters, ANYONE can get to 15k toons with a mix of 6/7 and even a few 8s and a couple purple artifacts and all the boons in say, around 3 months with average play time of 1-2 hours a day. You will probably earn enough AD to buy some lessers and slot them (I use lessers on most of my toons for dailies, there is nothing more you need)

However, to progress in pvp , you really need more then that, the above isnt enough to compete with the top 5% of the pvp class, you will see them when you meet them, they will wipe your floor with the above toon (as happens to me alot)

The game has gotten more expensive and less easy to grind out items. My best enchant is a greater vorpal (with a couple of normals like terror and plague fire) my best enchants are a couple of r8s.

Due to cyrptics removal of certain beneficial economic decisions, the price has skyrocketed on items need to progress for pvping. The price will only go up from here, expect 1 million dollar lessers at some point for the benefecial ones (vorpal, terror, plague and bile) the lack of refinement points added with the supply and demand on coal wards, forces this.

Frankly any lesser under 500k is pretty much a steal at this point, with the tightening of the market , it will go up higher. There is no more supply and demand is huge.

The playerbase has all but begged cyrptic to ether lower the price of the cwards in zen store or add them as a drop in some future dungeon content.

'nuff said.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my prediction:

7) keys become bound with retroactive effect
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    my prediction:

100% likelyhood.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    100% likelyhood.

Why?

Also have the devs. ever said anything about the chance of a higher level cap?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Why?

Also have the devs. ever said anything about the chance of a higher level cap?

Because right now people are making a lot of AD by selling keys on the AH or trading them. It's basically a currency. In the past, Crytpic is made many changes to nullify many methods of making AD (such as C. Wards). It's not a bad speculation, actually. I could see them implementing this.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Patch notes out. Yep.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My prediction, after this patch.

1) Everything is gonna be BoP. (and BoP doesn't mean Best Out of Possible)
  • Options
    caldrecaldre Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Because right now people are making a lot of AD by selling keys on the AH or trading them. It's basically a currency. In the past, Crytpic is made many changes to nullify many methods of making AD (such as C. Wards). It's not a bad speculation, actually. I could see them implementing this.

Today Trace... Today.. I can't help but feel it's another nail in the already tightly sealed coffin that is the in game economy.

Don't expect to see the AD/Zen market clearing up any time soon :/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The problem on the ZAX is simple supply and demand. The problem being that the only supply of zen is people who want to spend money on your game. Noodling around with the market will not produce this supply. Making a game people think is worth spending money on will.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem on the ZAX is simple supply and demand. The problem being that the only supply of zen is people who want to spend money on your game. Noodling around with the market will not produce this supply. Making a game people think is worth spending money on will.

So isnt making zen market items affordable, paying 2k to play a game is a little out of hand in all honestly.

You can pound on this over and over.. c wards need to be dropped to 2.50 apiece.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    my prediction:

This weeks lottery numbers please ;D

OK let's play a game , whats the next major item Cryptic will BoP , I call weapon and armor enchantments!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    This weeks lottery numbers please ;D

OK let's play a game , whats the next major item Cryptic will BoP , I call weapon and armor enchantments!

Wards.

The only reason they might not do it straight away is because they just had a sale and it would look ridiculously sleazy to do it immediately afterwards.

Then all other refinement items, starting with enchantments/runestones and peridots/etc

Finally weapon and armour enchants.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    1. for a while yes. Until people start playing the game and work for their enchantments instead of letting bots do the work for them.
    2. Speculation and no solid foundation to speak of.
    3. The only ragequitters will be the BiS people who owe their gear to the bots. They are the ones bored to death. I personally don't mind. It will take a lot of AD out of the active economy. The rest of us has no reason to quit.
    4. Irrelevant to the bigger picture. BI gear is rubbish to begin with compared to the effort it takes to get and maintain. That aside, Mod4 is around the corner and will probably include yet more gear.
    5. Hopefully, but again speculation
    6. See point 3.

You don't have to maintain black ice gear.... mine has been at 0% for a month.
    I also doubt that any gear can rival black ice gear and keep the game fair to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2014

____This____