Install Arc
Options

so what's up with HR in pvp

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and forgot about the last great new

Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: *REWORK* Gain 2% bonus deflect chance for each enemy within 15' of you. Maximum bonus 10%. Ranking this class feature up increases the radius of the effect by 5'.

bye bye 20% damage reduction.
    time to play the gwf again. thanks god for enchants that dont bind.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: *REWORK* Gain 2% bonus deflect chance for each enemy within 15' of you. Maximum bonus 10%. Ranking this class feature up increases the radius of the effect by 5'.

WTF... Man, forget about HRs in mod4. Damage won't be enough for PVE and with this and the other nerfs forget about node-contesting in PVP.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    WTF... Man, forget about HRs in mod4. Damage won't be enough for PVE and with this and the other nerfs forget about node-contesting in PVP.

Well, this is the full post. In that same post, damage got a massive boost (for melee stance).
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Better play tr... since gwf going to have this:

DR of untopable decreased to 5-10%

takedown damage reduced by 50%

takedown, frontline surge prones transformed into stuns....

no spammable atwill anymore, it will have charges.....

And for HR's in mod4....

just spec for archery.... split the sky and thorn ward on node, and let them attack you... they will die.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

DR of untopable decreased to 15-30%

takedown damage reduced by 30%

takedown, frontline surge (It still prones on preview lol, its bugged right now) prones transformed into stuns....

no spammable atwill anymore, it will have 3 charges with 9 second cooldown (I honestly didn't notice it that much when I did some random PvP a few days ago. The -40% sprint consumption helps).....

Fixed that and added some comments.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

DR of untopable decreased to 5-10%

takedown damage reduced by 50%

takedown, frontline surge prones transformed into stuns....

no spammable atwill anymore, it will have charges.....

And for HR's in mod4....

just spec for archery.... split the sky and thorn ward on node, and let them attack you... they will die.

You have not read the gwf thread changes then ? gwf will be more defended in mod 4, more DR, stronger in unstoppable, more sprint and more CC immunity.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Well, this is the full post. In that same post, damage got a massive boost (for melee stance).

I'll test the changes when they hit preview but they better be strong as hell or it won't make up for the nerf to our survivability.

Aspect of the Lone Wolf is key to our survivability and our ability to 1v1 so well.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, Pronification gave good advice and I agree that a DC is a great counter to an HR. Good DCs are the bane of my HR in PVP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'll test the changes when they hit preview but they better be strong as hell or it won't make up for the nerf to our survivability.

Aspect of the Lone Wolf is key to our survivability and our ability to 1v1 so well.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, Pronification gave good advice and I agree that a DC is a great counter to an HR. Good DCs are the bane of my HR in PVP.

To be fair, it does kind of make sense that you get a stronger effect the more enemies that are surrounding you instead of weakening the more enemies that are around you. There should be more danger in a many vs 1 situation so becoming stronger should be common sense to counter it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    To be fair, it does kind of make sense that you get a stronger effect the more enemies that are surrounding you instead of weakening the more enemies that are around you. There should be more danger in a many vs 1 situation so becoming stronger should be common sense to counter it.

It makes more sense as a defense mechanism but it goes against the idea of "Aspect of the Lone Wolf". It was a unique mechanism that allows us to excel at 1v1s, but become increasingly weak against multiple opponents.

But as a defense mechanism it won't be useful. Nothing but stealth can save you against like 4 people, unless they're really terrible players like the ones mentioned in the OP and in this thread.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014

yeah on a 15' max 25' radius...less than a shift...
    so i need to put myself into a singulary to have 10% deflect...wow
    and image if i have 1 enemy...2% deflect.
    i would rather want to have Bravery.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yeah on a 15' max 25' radius...less than a shift...
    so i need to put myself into a singulary to have 10% deflect...wow
    and image if i have 1 enemy...2% deflect.
    i would rather want to have Bravery.

I'm not mentioning about the range, but the principle of the effect. Currently, you get 20-25% (depending on distance) DR in a 1v1 which is kind of silly.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not mentioning about the range, but the principle of the effect. Currently, you get 20-25% (depending on distance) DR in a 1v1 which is kind of silly.

It seems that way until you consider we have no CC-escape ability. Lone Wolf and the healing is the only way we survive anybody.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf PLUS old Split Shot and Fox Shift WAS overpowered, now, when HRs hit with wet noodles I see nothing wrong with the Aspect.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fixed that and added some comments.

Well my bad, didn't follow up for all that, just read the first changes...

But it's still a huge nerf..
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the continued feedback everyone! Combat Rangers continue to underperform where we want them to be so we are buffing two of their key damage dealing feats so that they can make up a far more substantive portion of your damage.

Hunter Ranger: Combat: Piercing Blade: Now deals an additional 8/16/24/32/40% damage as Piercing Damage (up from 4/8/12/16/20%)
    Hunter Ranger: Combat: Blade Hurricane: Your Flurry empowered at wills now strike 2 additional times at 65% bonus damage (up from 5% bonus damage).
    Hunter Ranger: Combat: Blade Hurricane: Flurry strikes can now properly activate Piercing Blade.

We want combat to feel like a high risk damage dealer who is exposed to danger but deals strong burst, which is often facilitated by strong use of the capstone feat Blade Hurricane.

These changes should hit late this week or early next week, barring anything urgent :)

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

EDIT: Additional Change! Aspect of the Lone Wolf has been problematic for a while now because it grants a lot of Damage resistance in the situation where it will always be optimal in PVP and PVE, while providing very little downside in situations where it might be more valuable. It was also letting Hunter Rangers reach the same damage resistance values as heavily geared Fighters, and this was just too strong.

No worries on AotLW. Looks like it's getting a nerf as well. Wilds Medicine will be our best "stay-alive" feat, for sure.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No worries on AotLW. Looks like it's getting a nerf as well. Wilds Medicine will be our best "stay-alive" feat, for sure.

After the constant stream of tears over that feat because of troll videos and missinformation I am quite sure they will nerf this as well. Very deperate and revenge seeking players who get beatings by HRs on live suggested to put an ICD on wilds medicine and it shouldnt stack.

Yep, its almost official: despite the QQ about him HR will be not a fun class to play in mod4 pvp.

I hope the whiners are happy now.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    After the constant stream of tears over that feat because of troll videos and missinformation I am quite sure they will nerf this as well. Very deperate and revenge seeking players who get beatings by HRs on live suggested to put an ICD on wilds medicine and it shouldnt stack.

Yep, its almost official: despite the QQ about him HR will be not a fun class to play in mod4 pvp.

I hope the whiners are happy now.

Lol.

You admit the HR is OP yet you yourself take to QQing over the ensuing nerfs? What did you expect was going to happen? Page 1 of the leaderboard to become all green as more and more people jumped on the OP FoTM?

I rolled a GF fully aware of its limitations and red-headed stepchild status. I made it a PVP-PVE hybrid, which isn't ideal. With my crappy rank 6s and 7s I have managed to maintain a positive win-loss and kill-death ratio in PVP and I can finish any dungeon. Why a useless GF? Because I like the class and enjoy the challenge of it in PVP.

Your class is getting toned down, get on with it.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Lol.

You admit the HR is OP yet you yourself take to QQing over the ensuing nerfs? What did you expect was going to happen? Page 1 of the leaderboard to become all green as more and more people jumped on the OP FoTM?

I rolled a GF fully aware of its limitations and red-headed stepchild status. I made it a PVP-PVE hybrid, which isn't ideal. With my crappy rank 6s and 7s I have managed to maintain a positive win-loss and kill-death ratio in PVP and I can finish any dungeon. Why a useless GF? Because I like the class and enjoy the challenge of it in PVP.

I too, am the same... I am positive win / loss , kill / death , I have around 7000 assists. The GF is an underdog at almost all times. I rolled a CW just to prove how ridiculous they were prior to Tenacity and I leveled him up and got to 14.7k in a month and a half, my GF is currently 15.4k atm and hes still way less powerful then many under geared classes but I like him!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

No, HR is getting gutted.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, HR is getting gutted.

We'll see how it stacks up. The other classes aren't in much better shape.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    We'll see how it stacks up. The other classes aren't in much better shape.

From what I'm reading of the changes, GWF and CW will be in great shape, just in different ways than they are now.

TR will be better than ever without having to worry about HRs. GFs getting some monster buffs in the most recent change.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    From what I'm reading of the changes, GWF and CW will be in great shape, just in different ways than they are now.

TR will be better than ever without having to worry about HRs. GFs getting some monster buffs in the most recent change.

CW had never been in great shape(in pvp), on mod4 they will be a litle better maybe... but they have increased casting time on a lot of encounters...

GWF they will be worse than now(prones converted into stuns, less DR from unstopable, etc), so we still have to see...

GF, they main thing is: they getting more HP from constitution, and that is not a big change....
  • Options
    fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    no no no GWF is just fine currently....

HR Is the most OP class in the game Currently.

They use MULTIPLE thorn wards at the same time (should be banned if u ask me) heavy exploit or game mechanics...

once u almost kill them. They can do a FULL HEAL as well btw..... (even if you dont HIT them while its active ) it doesnt matter its a full heal.

ya its just insane....the 4 set bonus is the best in the game....

Definitely going to be Nerfed in MOd 4.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great. Dps Stormwarden got nerfed out from under me, now goodbye tanky pathfinder.

You'll hate us again when we all go pew-pew.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OMG you got beat by a HR on the firs page of the Leader boards even if it was 3v1 where are those 3 on the leaderboards 100's or 1000's below, go cry me a river Justin Timberlake. I guess some people just don't know how to deal with loss other then to cry about it. Yet another squeaky wheel itching for nerf grease.
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    CW had never been in great shape(in pvp), on mod4 they will be a litle better maybe... but they have increased casting time on a lot of encounters...

GWF they will be worse than now(prones converted into stuns, less DR from unstopable, etc), so we still have to see...

GF, they main thing is: they getting more HP from constitution, and that is not a big change....

And... another cw who started playing AFTER mod 3. CWs were pretty rocking up until HR came out, and tenacity changes. Sigh...

So once again, for those who ignore history and the evolution of this game:

CW used to be a crowd controlling, burst damage monster in pvp.

TR used to be a stealth 1 shot monster in pvp.

GWF used to be a joke pick in early pvp/pve. Ive seen the "we don't want you, youre a GWF party" comps in BOTH pve/pvp.

HRs were nerfed almost right off the bat, but resorted to picking a tankier build utilizing their 4 piece gear set(sounds familiar? hmm... what other class resorted to taking advantage of their 4 piece set in pvp for sheer annoyance? cough cough TR cough) Which is getting nerfed in mod4, btw.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    no no no GWF is just fine currently.....

Ah. Once again, the "nerf everything else, my OPness is fine" argument lol. Sure, ill tackle this one...
    HR Is the most OP class in the game Currently..

HR is OP mostly because of their burst damage in combination with the 4 piece set(guess whats getting fixed in mod4?). Besides, theres 2 OTHER OP CLASSES IN PVP TOO. Wheres your rage at TR? GWF? Exactly...
    They use MULTIPLE thorn wards at the same time (should be banned if u ask me) heavy exploit or game mechanics...

ALSO getting changed in mod4 changes. It was already discussed by quite a few times already that its NOT an exploit. Its a combination of feats/powers that they went through that people deem OP. sound familiar? cough permastealth cough, cough roar cough...
    once u almost kill them. They can do a FULL HEAL as well btw..... (even if you dont HIT them while its active ) it doesnt matter its a full heal.

I love this one... IF YOU LEAVE THE HR ALONE, FOREST MEDITATION DOESNT HEAL NEARLY AS MUCH!!! Actually roll an HR, level to 60, then come back to us on how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that 1k a tick for 6 seconds or so is SO OP when the average(read please AVERAGE) HR probably rocks low 30k-mid 20k hp. Please learn how something functions before trashing it.
    ya its just insane....the 4 set bonus is the best in the game...

Its the best CURRENTLY, until they nerf it. Please look up how much other sets have been changed... Knights' Captain, and High Vizier, for example. No worries. Its being changed, and a lot of HRs don't care... they'll rock on, or go to something else... Until people QQ about that, im sure.

EDIT: Just tested Forest Meditation by dropping my regen gear, and getting hit to almost death... Wow... 7 ticks of 1785 health, leading to 12.6k hp brought back. So OP, especially seeing as IM A SITTING DUCK, DOING NOTHING WHILE I USE THE DAILY, AND PLAYERS CAN WAIT UNTIL ITS OVER TO MAKE THE HR MINCEMEAT!!!
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    And... another cw who started playing AFTER mod 3. CWs were pretty rocking up until HR came out, and tenacity changes. Sigh...

So once again, for those who ignore history and the evolution of this game:

CW used to be a crowd controlling, burst damage monster in pvp.

TR used to be a stealth 1 shot monster in pvp.

GWF used to be a joke pick in early pvp/pve. Ive seen the "we don't want you, youre a GWF party" comps in BOTH pve/pvp.

HRs were nerfed almost right off the bat, but resorted to picking a tankier build utilizing their 4 piece gear set(sounds familiar? hmm... what other class resorted to taking advantage of their 4 piece set in pvp for sheer annoyance? cough cough TR cough) Which is getting nerfed in mod4, btw.

I played cw, for both pve(maxed int,elf) and pvp(maxed cons, halfling) before tenacity and healing depression, and they can hardly beat(you will probably beat the HR if u dodge all the CA's) a equally geared and specced for pvp HR.

Yes, before tenacity CW was able to do pretty good cc, but against good specced HR,TR(semiperma),GWF(IVsenti).. that cc is nothing(once u burst all encounters u going to die in 80% of the time)

Yes, i know TR's used to 1 shot people, i was able to LB and 25k to squissy(but against good builded GWF,HR,TR(semiperma), u will die once u use ur encounters) targets easily.

About the gwf.. well i dont know, when i started playing this game, the GWF(pvp builded) were able to facetank 1 vs 5 and kill the 5..
    williep30 wrote: »
    Ah. Once again, the "nerf everything else, my OPness is fine" argument lol. Sure, ill tackle this one...

HR is OP mostly because of their burst damage in combination with the 4 piece set(guess whats getting fixed in mod4?). Besides, theres 2 OTHER OP CLASSES IN PVP TOO. Wheres your rage at TR? GWF? Exactly...

ALSO getting changed in mod4 changes. It was already discussed by quite a few times already that its NOT an exploit. Its a combination of feats/powers that they went through that people deem OP. sound familiar? cough permastealth cough, cough roar cough...

I love this one... IF YOU LEAVE THE HR ALONE, FOREST MEDITATION DOESNT HEAL NEARLY AS MUCH!!! Actually roll an HR, level to 60, then come back to us on how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that 1k a tick for 6 seconds or so is SO OP when the average(read please AVERAGE) HR probably rocks low 30k-mid 20k hp. Please learn how something functions before trashing it.

Its the best CURRENTLY, until they nerf it. Please look up how much other sets have been changed... Knights' Captain, and High Vizier, for example. No worries. Its being changed, and a lot of HRs don't care... they'll rock on, or go to something else... Until people QQ about that, im sure.

EDIT: Just tested Forest Meditation by dropping my regen gear, and getting hit to almost death... Wow... 7 ticks of 1785 health, leading to 12.6k hp brought back. So OP, especially seeing as IM A SITTING DUCK, DOING NOTHING WHILE I USE THE DAILY, AND PLAYERS CAN WAIT UNTIL ITS OVER TO MAKE THE HR MINCEMEAT!!!

GWF is broken atm, they should fix roar atleast.

People complaining a lot about HR's and not that much against GWF,TR, since they notice that HR can kill GWF,TR in 1 vs 1 situations most of the time, they have more mobility than TR,GWF since the 4 piece set bonus....that makes HR more op than GWF and TR, consequently more qq for HR's
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With the AotLW changes, here's how it breaks down: You're either tanky or DPS, similiar to what they're doing to the GWF.

Personally, I think it will be very balancing to the game. I play tested an Archery tree HR on the preview shard and the damage was amazingly high. I took down a GWF in around six seconds one time. Since that time they cut back on the DPS slightly and the cool down times slightly. Still, however, the Archery tree with pack a strong punch.

Point holding now goes to the melee HR. Their regen will be quite strong with continued stacks of Wilds Medicine. I've played around with a hybrid spec, as well. That may be the best way to go. We'll see.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    With the AotLW changes, here's how it breaks down: You're either tanky or DPS, similiar to what they're doing to the GWF.

Personally, I think it will be very balancing to the game. I play tested an Archery tree HR on the preview shard and the damage was amazingly high. I took down a GWF in around six seconds one time. Since that time they cut back on the DPS slightly and the cool down times slightly. Still, however, the Archery tree with pack a strong punch.

Point holding now goes to the melee HR. Their regen will be quite strong with continued stacks of Wilds Medicine. I've played around with a hybrid spec, as well. That may be the best way to go. We'll see.

thats what HR's will probably be on mod4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITpkHlNGTZ4&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=12

And that gf is a pretty good geared 1(40khp+- high regen, high def)
    just sit and see that guy attacking you dies....