test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sword Art Online

jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
Came across this TV show recently on my local TV Channel.

It is really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALCLCvNJ7iY

Basically a Virtual Reality MMO where if you die in game you die in real life from an electric shock and no one can disconnect you, if they try your Brains get fried and you die as well!!!

Only way to get out of the game is to get to the lv 100 BOSS. roflmao

Cheers,
Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
Post edited by jintortle on

Comments

• Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2014
    Last line looks like *spoilers* ^.^
    if you like SOA, you can try Log Horizon and Accel World too...
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not really a spoiler - they are told that matter of frankly by the game designer in episode 1. It is basically in the trailer listed above.

There are 3 volumes (series) with 19 episodes in all. 475 minutes
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hell of a good anime series this. got series one on DVD. they just started series 2 in japan recently and its looking every bit as good as the first series
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 1 of SAO is my absolute favorite anime of all time. 100 rating on a 1 to 10 scale.

Season 2 is still entertaining, but the series would stick in my mind a LOT stronger if it had ended with episode 14. Seriously, I was crying when the credit music started playing at the end of that episode! It really really was an amazing viewing experience.

Don't get me wrong, I do still love SAO and will be watching season 3 soon (since as of the time I did research for this post I discovered that season 3 is apparently a new series called SAO 2 instead of just season 3 of SAO) because I love the characters and story they've developed. I just think season 1 had a far far greater impact on the viewer because we didn't know much of what was happening outside of the game, in fact, over time, a lot of people forgot what real life was like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    Season 1 of SAO is my absolute favorite anime of all time. 100 rating on a 1 to 10 scale.

Season 2 is still entertaining, but the series would stick in my mind a LOT stronger if it had ended with episode 14. Seriously, I was crying when the credit music started playing at the end of that episode! It really really was an amazing viewing experience.

Don't get me wrong, I do still love SAO and will be watching season 3 soon (since as of the time I did research for this post I discovered that season 3 is apparently a new series called SAO 2 instead of just season 3 of SAO) because I love the characters and story they've developed. I just think season 1 had a far far greater impact on the viewer because we didn't know much of what was happening outside of the game, in fact, over time, a lot of people forgot what real life was like.

Actually there are only two seasons. Season 1 was split in half between two differnt games but was still season 1. Lol I made the same mistake there. A lot of differnt anime series do the same thing by makeing you think theres a second season of an anime while your really still with season 1. Season 2 is the season currently appearing in japan
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oops. Yeah, that is an easy mistake. I usually assume its a new season whenever they change the intro in an anime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.