test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Official Contest Thread

Comments

• docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Respectfully submitted for your consideration for the Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest:

The Dragon's Prize
    NW-DLVIDYP25

There are tales throughout the land that the Keepers of the Secret Hoard, the Cult of the Dragon, are stirring in the shadows. Turning their attention away from the folly of creating an army of unliving dragons, the Disciples of Sammander are said to have even loftier ambitions. As they seek to forge bonds with the ancient dragons hidden throughout the world, they are accumulating masses of wealth to win the dragons' favor.

So it is no surprise that their attention has fallen upon the legends of a great prize once guarded by the fierce white dragon, Malusnix. Thus begins a race to discover the hiding place of Malusnix' treasure and thwart the plans of the Wearers of Purple. And it all begins with a visit to a rather ominous old man enduring an oncoming blizzard outside a tavern in the far north...

This adventure intentionally leads into the events of Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons. As per the rules of the contest, the adventure involves a clash with the Cult of the Dragon, and this quest was created exclusively for this contest.

The adventure is intended for solo play and involves a moderate amount of combat that can be challenging at times. There are moments when players will benefit from pacing their attacks and not pulling too many patrols at once (though epic-geared adventurers may rightly scoff at such warnings). The final battle is designed to offer surprising thematic intensity, but assistance is offered from NPC allies to ease the challenge.

Players are encouraged to read the dialogues because that's where the story unfolds. Sure, it's possible to "zerg" your way from battle to battle, and I hope the environments and encounters at least offer an interesting setting for those who skip the story. But I truly hope you'll follow the plot as it unfolds.

Finally, don't become obsessed with following the sparkling trail. We all know how fickle it can be on some maps. And, above all, have fun!

TheDragonsPrize1_zps1e610758.jpg
    TheDragonsPrize6_zpsf0c3970f.jpg
    TheDragonsPrize3_zpsf265f6dd.jpg
    TheDragonsPrize5_zps9e3af6ac.jpg
  • slimydinoslimydino Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Foundry mission is called "Neverwinter's Spys," and the short code is NW-DR5VUKMU4. Please review and rate.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    that looks pretty sweet, docsc00ter!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I submit the following to the contest.
    Quest name: Secrets of Manipulation
    Shortcode: NW-DEZEW43BP
    Author: @vandignesca

An illegal digging operation next to some farms has the local villagers in an uproar. Find out the terrible secret buried underneath the earth that the Cult of the Dragon seeks to possess.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • dragonmermaid88dragonmermaid88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest Entry

Quest name: Breaking the Egg
    Shortcode: NW-DCU7UMTF4
    Author: @dragonmermaid88
  • ldlockeldlocke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest Entry

My first try so go easy, but be honest. Thanks

Return of First-Speaker
    NW-DMEMCA3R4
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @masizin777
    Camping with the Cult of the Dragon
    NW-DDKP5C5KP

If you have ever wondered what a camping trip gone bad is like when you find the cult in the woods, this is it. This quest is mainly a horror genre, but has hidden funny parts. Has slight mentioned of Dragonborn and Dragoons, along with some lore about the upcoming module and its theme. Also has insights on cult mentality.
  • bluebuiybluebuiy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My quest is called "Soulbind Ring". It's about a small civil war in the Cult of the Dragon.
    NW-DRG3PAFG4
  • lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2014
    My entry so happens to be my first attempt at making a quest in the Foundry so I do apologize if it's a tad rough.
    It is titled, Cult of the Dragon: Infiltration (short code: NW-DD3Y7MCXY). It's a pretty straight forward quest that runs around 20 minutes depending on how strong your character is.
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Entry in the Review section of the Foundry Menu:

Title: Hints From Behind Bars
    Short Code: nw-dax6xfoku
  • vic1ou5vic1ou5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quest Name: Dragon Cult Cathedral
    Short Code: NW-DCPU2YIO2

Cult of the Dragon have been seen lurking around a Strange Barrel in Protector's Enclave. It seems to be a passage to a dark cathedral. Lots of combat, secret encounters, npc helpers.

ladzUbH.jpg

Please review and leave me comments; this is my first ever foundry creation!
    I'm adding more features everyday, hit me up in game @vic1ou5 with critique and suggestions.
    Current version: v2.0
  • psycotron510psycotron510 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Second foundry quest it is a little difficult at times all combat driven hope you like it

The cult of the dragon have unearthed a ancient dracolich and has recruited renegade thayan necromancers to help them raise it.

Down fall of the dragon NW-DBCOQ16z5

dracolich.jpg
    pic host
  • blakenecros2blakenecros2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My foundry quest:
    Name: Enter The Cult of The Dragon
    ID: NW-DFTIXNOQT
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Foundry:
    Temple of All Colors and None
    NW-DOIFNZ2KY
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My mission is "Whispers of an Ancient Evil..."
    ID: NW-DFDAXX8VE
    "The Cult of the Dragon, agents of Lloth, and Red Wizards of Thay are conspiring to bring forth an ancient evil to Faerun. You must align with agents of the Harpers and their enemies the Zhentarim, to prevent events that would destroy not only the city of Neverwinter, but the Realms themselves..."

The quest includes some new creature costumes, cameos by epic Realms characters, a reference to another genre, and alludes to the upcoming modules for D&D Next(5th Edition). It now includes an updated Red Wizard encounter. Hopefully, you all enjoy it.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • lenorettalenoretta Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    znaJh60.jpg
    NW-DTSA8NENQ
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    My entry into the Contest

The Icy Depths of the Past

NW-DLLIMNEDD

Brief:The merchants guild needs help in contacting one of their Quarry's in the north. Word on the street says they are paying good coin, to have an experienced adventurer look into the problem. As you have learned many times in Neverwinter, nothing is ever routine. Especially when other rumors on the street say there has been increased activity of both Dragons and the Cult of the Dragons in the north. Your contacts among other adventurers also suggest the secretive Harpers are looking into the problem as well. A Cult of the Dragon foundry contest entry.

Features: A new unique companion to journey thru the adventure with.
    Maps: Two high detail maps with multiple ways to complete the mission on both maps.
    Combat: A few tougher encounters for leveling characters, easy for 12,000+ gear score.

Hope it is enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Name: To Rescue A Kobold

Author: @dragoness10

Short Code: NW-DSRBWTGFJ

Description:

"You have been summoned to help an unlikely person in need - a kobold! This little guy is trying to escape his current Master to instead serve one whom has offered a kinder wing to stay under. However, the Cult of the Dragon serving the Master is having none of this, and will try to stop you. Can you help the kobold escape to a new life?"

((If you have never played one of my quests before then be prepared for odd. If you have played one before then you've got a slight head start. :D ))
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • sabermaulesabermaule Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well of Dragons
    NW-DM9TNBK63
  • evanders111evanders111 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my foundry made new for the contest is called wrath of the dragon. the maps are custom made and probably what i am most proud of. please play it and review thanks
  • mizeryandcompanymizeryandcompany Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My entry's title is " The Errors of Our Ways "
    The short code it " NW-DGDHCJVF4 "
    Made specifically for the Cult of the Dragon contest
    Story centered with a fun twist at the end
    Please review it so I know what to improve in the future! Thank you!
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I am pretty busy at the moment so I don't know if I will be able to complete a foundry to meet the deadline. I have several ideas I'd like to try out in the editor to create an interesting foundry.

If I do decide to go through with it, it would build off of a foundry I had been working on for a short bit - mainly I just fleshed out some areas and was tuning a single map to see how things would look. I shelved this foundry a long time ago and it mostly has been a testing foundry to see what people can do in the foundry. It has never been released, so I don't know if it falls under the "re purpose" area.
  • denniss99denniss99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My quest is called "The Dragon Scroll"
    Short code: NW-DF8QUE9V5
    Please enter and review my quest! Thank you!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quest: Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian
    Shortcode: NW-DHHD2GTGJ
    Author: @Eldarth

Quest Summary

Sage Ramiel of Neverwinter has detected Cult of the Dragon activity in the Icewind Dale area.
    You are requested to investigate and put a stop to any activity before it's too late.

Teaser Images
    Go on an epic journey to the Icewind Dale area (in about 30 minutes).

Visit Dougan's Hole, a small fishing village in the Ten Towns area. See the megalith known as the Twenty Stones of Thruun. Find the Cult of the Dragon merchant to uncover leads to the local cell of the cult.
    8LiGBMT.jpg

Meet up with Sorengar of the Tribe of the Wolf - you're guide into the frosty mountains of the North Icewind Pass.
    xupw15K.jpg

Descend into the Lair of the Wyrm where the cult cell is trying to raise a Dracolich.
    E5p1BVa.jpg
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been looking forward to yours, Eldarth. :) In fact, I've been enjoying running through many of these contest entries. There are some really good adventures here!

It's also been amusing to see how many of us chose to locate major elements of our adventures around Icewind Dale or other snowy environments. I've also been struck by how often I've seen that dead dracolich model being used in different, creative ways -- proof that we really need more draconic elements for the Foundry, eh? At least Authors are accustomed to tweaking map details in unexpected ways. In fact, that's been part of the fun in playing through many of the contest entries.

:)
  • tattooditguytattooditguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quest Name: Keepers of the Secret Hoard
    ID: NW-DH8NXXZKJ
    Description: You are sent by Sergeant Knox to find the Cult of the Dragon and learn their plans...
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My entrant for the Cult of the Dragon Contest

Quest Name: Genus Draco Fad and the Muster
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ

Author: @Jintortle

For the "Cult of the Dragon" Foundry Contest.

As a Spy based Foundry - Avoiding the Heaviest (Is still Major Battles) conflict is the FUN!

Once again you are drawn back to needing the "Cult Busters " Help.

Will Graycloak Fronikann help continue your investigations into the Dragon Cultist?

Where are they?
    What are they Undertaking?
    Who is Leading them Now?

Discover the newest threat against the city of Neverwinter!

Game play is under 20 minutes - Longer if you are a clumsy spy and have to "Donk" everything on the head.

Map No.2 Takes 2-3 Minutes to Load. It is worth it for the Costumes!

Costumes
    Heavy Combat.
    Group Friendly

Total Genocide is up to you!

V2.3 - Contest Version

kE8jLPL.jpg

Vdf4qHX.jpg

4FHMMdm.jpg
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My quest is called Path to Tyranny of Dragons Short code is NW-DMDYN6BJ3

this was my first foundry I've made so might be a little rocky.But had a lot of fun making it.Hope the message at the end works.My comp. didn't want to load it all at once.
  • raindance7raindance7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is only my second foundry quest ever, but i had fun making it. The name is 'Stop the Cult of the Dragon' and the shortcode is NW-DFSXPGBN8 I hope you enjoy it. Please play and review, i would really appreciate feedback, especially from more experienced foundry users.
  • kongemstarkongemstar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My CoBD related quest is "Gem Star Islands"
This discussion has been closed.