test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Using Multiple Thorn Ward's Simultaneously ?

fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
So Ive been doing a lot of End game PVP, And ive notice a Handful of HR's (End Game HR's) Using Multiple Thorn Ward's at the same time.

Yes Im talking about having 2-3 Thorn Wards up at the SAME TIME, by ONE HR.

What is going on here? This has got to be a bug, From what I hear there is some sort of exploit going on with either a 4-set Bonus Being Exploited.

Or Some feats/abilities being combined in a certain way and certain manner to be able to drop MULTIPLE Thorn Wards at the same time ?

Please Fix This. If not now, At least by mod 4.

Thank You.
Post edited by fuzzychaos13 on

Comments

• ninjalord9ninjalord9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, I have personally Seen this with my own eyes in End game Premades.

HR's using Multiple Thorn Wards at the same time. I was assuming Develepors already knew about this?

Guess not, Another Nerf Incoming!!
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +1

Factoring very high RSI if it's at all possible to reduce the cooldown time of Thorn Ward to less than its duration, recasting should only reset the position of the Thorn Ward, and not stack them together. Moreover, Thorn Wards from different rangers should not stack. At least two rangers can defend a node against 3-4 melee opponents simply by area denial.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    agile hunter feat in the combatant's tree allows 1s CD on every hit of a melee encounter. fox shift hits multiple targets and multiple times and each hit procs this feat. allowing for the use of 2-3 thornwards.
    +2k recovery or so,

an easy fix for this would be refreshing the already placed thornward. so they may have it up all the time, but its only 1 compared to 2-3
    Don't waste my time.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Like what you guys mean by "same time" like 1 after the other within what like 5 seconds,if so exploit.IF it's like 10 seconds after the other that just means insanely high REcovery and using Royal guard set 4-piece,but that 4-piece only has a chance to drop cool down on encounters
    Edit:nvm i see other posts on why(Melee tree)
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    its pretty crazy, also there is armor that reduces cool down. just wait till you see what you can do with thorn ward in mod 4
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    and people were qq'ing about GWFs when there is clearly a more OP class in PvP lmao
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, possible with the four piece set bonus + the melee tree feats but for it to work, the HR has to keep hitting somebody and properly use all his six encounter powers. Pretty useful in pve.
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    an easy fix for this would be refreshing the already placed thornward. so they may have it up all the time, but its only 1 compared to 2-3
    Yes, but not nerf it like astral shield's 100% uptime as thorn ward hits only one target at a time and nerfing it too much would affect pve.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yes This is the 2nd time Ive ran into them this week using 2-3 thorn wards at the same time, this is really game breaking, if this isnt fixed now, at least by Mod 4 Please Dev's / Mod's . Using 2-3 THorn wards at the same time.....Honestly its too much....
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    H
    ey all, I wanted to drop in and let you guys know of another change we are making. While we like faster cooldowns on ranged players, multiple thorn wards active at once is too brutal for spatial control so we are making the following change

Thorn Ward: Only 1 Thorn Ward may be active at a time. Casting the power again will replace the currently active Thorn Ward.

This change should not affect the majority of players and will prevent some abuse cases.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

and that closes this thread find next subject to qq about mkay .....
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Do you have a LINK to this Dev post Marnival?

As far as I know, There has been nothing said ot Hunter Ranger's Using MULTIPLE Thorn wards at the same time.....

Can you tell me where this thread is located, a link, Thanks Marnival..

And again I continue seeing this Simultaneous use of thorn ward by a single HR on a Daily basis, I need to see this thread please so I know this Exploit/Bug will be fixed.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there is an option called dev tracker, the more you know

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8373211&viewfull=1#post8373211
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And again I continue seeing this Simultaneous use of thorn ward by a single HR on a Daily basis, I need to see this thread please so I know this Exploit/Bug will be fixed.
    It's neither a bug nor an exploit. It's an unintended consequence of cooldown reductions that are an INTENDED part of Archery gameplay. And it's being fixed in Mod 4. You can used the Dev Tracker link posted above or go look at the HR thread on the Preview forum.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    This is a BUG, Just like Roar is bugged, It isnt intended, and its NOT supposed to be apart of HR gameplay.....
    If it was supposed to be apart of it, It wouldn't be getting a nerf.

Im New to the forums, and i didnt see the Dev tracker, Sorry I asked a question.... BUT YES HR GETTING NERFED!!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a BUG, Just like Roar is bugged, It isnt intended, and its NOT supposed to be apart of HR gameplay.....

Im New to the forums, and i didnt see the Dev tracker, Sorry I asked a question.... BUT YES HR GETTING NERFED!!

Calm down and try to have a little less rage, you're going to give yourself all kinds of health problems that way. Unintended consequences doesn't mean that it's an exploit. The people that are doing it just have recovery and feats to reduce cooldowns. It is getting a nerf as it was deemed overpowered not that it was deemed an exploit and a bug.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    there is an option called dev tracker, the more you know

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8373211&viewfull=1#post8373211

Why is this thread still going? Now we know it's going to be fixed. NEXT!
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Why is this thread still going? Now we know it's going to be fixed. NEXT!

Same reasons as why people kept qqing about roar I expect.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • arcillusarcillus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and people were qq'ing about GWFs when there is clearly a more OP class in PvP lmao

IKR! Well now that the GWF has been nerfed to a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, guess what's the new pvp class is going to be? HR! I swear the dev's are doing this bs just to make money from people creating new classes and buffing them...
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not a bug. A bug is faulty code or an ability working incorrectly - like Roar. Thorn Ward is working correctly but with the right combination of gear and feats it's possible to have too many running at one time. This is not what the devs intended - hence 'unintended consequence'. The fix removes the unintended consequence. Simples.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have recovery stacked on my HR, so with the right gear and good luck, I can already have two thorn wards out on live. This is being changed, but sadly it is not going to be "PvP only" but also effect PvE. It's not a bug or an exploit, simply something that wasn't expected by the development team.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    For the people claiming its a BUG... Its not a bug, its getting changed anyway, but its a combination of gear/feats/powers working in tandem for reduction cooldown. Its no more a BUG than permastealth is(also a goal driven by a combination of gear/feats/powers), CW recovery(not that they need anymore than other classes, but there is recovery combos with them too).

Im sure its SUPPOSED to be apart of HR gameplay(do they not have a recovery set, several recovery feats, AND at least 1 class feature dedicated to cooldown reduction?!), just that people optimized its advantages. I think some people forgot that if they complained about it now, there was a reason stormstep action was nerfed early in the HRs life...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To be fair a play a perma and an hr at high levels but double and triple thorn wards is too lame to be a thing
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I don't think it's possible to get 3 ever.

But you can get two going for a short time with the cooldown feats. Not usually for very long unless you happen to have gotten a crapton of crits (one of the feats reduces cooldowns on crits).

Most PVP hrs run full combat tree though, and their only cooldown is max of 3 seconds by the time one of the thorn wards end. That's why you don't see multiples that often.

I run archery in PVP and this is one of the reasons.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is like the trick DCs could do during open beta 2 dailies at once they fixed that they will fix this, unless it was intentional.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ninjalord9 wrote: »
    Yup, I have personally Seen this with my own eyes in End game Premades.

HR's using Multiple Thorn Wards at the same time. I was assuming Develepors already knew about this?

Guess not, Another Nerf Incoming!!

Don't worry, devs will have it fixed by module 5
  • tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2014
    very rarely 2, but i have never seen 3 thorn wards in the same time at the same place. (Im still laughing for this)
  • g4nj4m4n0g4nj4m4n0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Yes Im talking about having 2-3 Thorn Wards up at the SAME TIME, by ONE HR.

LOL why do you come here and lie? 3 thorn wards at the same time by one HR is IMPOSSIBLE!!
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    g4nj4m4n0 wrote: »
    LOL why do you come here and lie? 3 thorn wards at the same time by one HR is IMPOSSIBLE!!

On Live perhaps, but I know HRs who were doing 3-4 thorn wards at the same time on the preview shard. I don't think the stacking of thorn wards was intended, it would be like a single CW being able to stack multiple icy terrains (having a perma-root like effect) or a DC stacking astral seals (OP heals) -- it's just cheesy.
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png