test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas to make more content

oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I just wanted to share a point of view of what could be good to add in this game, first of all I want to say that I've played few MMORPG (mainly RO, Tibia and Flyff), the first two were the ones that I most liked cause I practically played them almost one year and couldn't go to the harder content, also there were a lot of PvP maps and guild wars... that was kept me playing and kept me farming, so it was fun, being in a guild doing these challenging stuff, farming and hearing your guild leader shouting at us because we did something wrong xD, etc... not like here were you are +14K GS in 3-4 months and being able to go to every map and to every dungeon... it's like you have nothing left to do... so I wanted to suggest some stuff that I saw in others posts and add a few things that would make NWN more fun at PvE for +15K GS:

1- Rebirth System (I couldn't find the original post):

It's just that, it could be implemented by a quest only doable when you did all the quests in the game and only if you have all dungeons unlocked as the Mod 1, Mod 2 and Mod 3 Boons, then you go to Lord Neverember, accept the "rebirth" quest and he sends you to a mighty sorcer that ask you some stuff (it may be a long quest) and then after you complete this quest he make you reborn and you would be able to choose other race & ability roll, also, to get lvl 60 as a rebirth should take like at least 4x times more exp, so it wouldn't be so fast to be 60 as a rebirth.

Being a rebirth would make you have some buffs, like +1 in every ability and a buff in your capstone feat, and maybe +10% HP.

2- Legendaries Dungeons (same, I couldn't find the original post):

First of all, I think the most important here would be make other dungeons, not just the same epic dungeons we've done like 100x times with the same enemies and multiply their HP and Damage by 'x', a new content is needed in this game, these dungeons could drop legendary gear and stuff that have more stats and stuff (Dimishing Returns wouldn't make them very different than the current BIS gear), these dungeon should be done by lvl 60 rebirth players, and at least 1 dungeon should be extremelly OP and make it drop a Godly weapon at the end by a low chance.

3- Make a PvP room and others PvP modes:

I think a PvP room, where you can join and then do whatever you want, kill, 1v1, 2v2, companion battles, chat, join a party to kill some dudes, etc... (do what the hell you want) could be good (I know, we have Open PvP, but not all the ppl have the requirements and I don't like the faction stuff, in this room ppl from every GS (5K or 19K GS) could enter and everyone that isn't in your party would be attackable, there wouldn't be factions) and would be different than domination, not something where you have to do 'x' stuff (like go to the node, then cap it or defend it, with a limited time, etc...), also others modes for PvP that have been asked for a lot of time would be a good addition, like CTF or a Last Man Standing.

Any comments?

PS: I didn't want to correct what I wrote with Google Translate, it's late here and I'm sleepy :(, so sorry for mistakes =P.
Post edited by oicidraz on

Comments

• Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LMAO who voted NO! lool
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Concept of this game, as I understand it, is to release new content (modules) every few months with even tougher dungeon and/or skirmish than the last one (although I must admit that I am a bit disappointed with the upcoming dungeon, since it's too short). Anyways, your idea isn't so bad, but it needs to be rethinked a little bit. I would gladly reroll my basic stats.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    1- Rebirth System (I couldn't find the original post):

It's just that, it could be implemented by a quest only doable when you did all the quests in the game and only if you have all dungeons unlocked as the Mod 1, Mod 2 and Mod 3 Boons, then you go to Lord Neverember, accept the "rebirth" quest and he sends you to a mighty sorcer that ask you some stuff (it may be a long quest) and then after you complete this quest he make you reborn and you would be able to choose other race & ability roll, also, to get lvl 60 as a rebirth should take like at least 4x times more exp, so it wouldn't be so fast to be 60 as a rebirth.

Being a rebirth would make you have some buffs, like +1 in every ability and a buff in your capstone feat, and maybe +10% HP.

Normally I would hate something like this, but with the foundry in this game, I think it would be a lot less boring. Every quest completed is a bit extreme though. That would be all the hidden quests in all the zones, and where would they draw the line? Dailies that if we missed one we are completely locked out of the system? All 6,000 or so foundries? Maybe instead have an item required to do it that can be purchased with seals?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not about being stupid and taking strength instead of wisdom, but about choosing a different roll. A single point here or there can mean a lot. There is no need for being arrogant. A lot of people would like a reroll, although I think that should be available via Zen store (or for AD).

Also, I would like to redo the questline with my main character. I see nothing wrong with that. However, the rest of the idea is not so good.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If rebirth system lets you choose race , gender and reroll your starter stats then I vote OMG YES! they have reincarnation in DDO so can't see why WotC wouldn't allow it here in Neverwinter XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Partially agree, but not sure about rebirths to level all over and at a slower rate, I've already done the main play through 7 times, don't really want to do it again. Plus pvp would be broken unless they disallowed them queueing with none rebirth players. I don't see why it should be a requirement for a harder difficulty. Apart from that at least it would give us some way to chance initial rolls and race so not entirely against that part. For some reason the minority are against it due to some fixation rather than caring what would actually be good for the players.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No. I've seen your Rebirth system in DDO as true reincarnation. It's a nightmare. It does provide a nice grind but it becomes a nightmare to balance as the power difference between a new player and a completionist is too high. What challenges the new player the completionist can do by holding the mouse button down and going afk.
  • Options
    themgaic421themgaic421 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had an idea that makes lore more rewardable, also upon reading this, don't preach me, about DnD rules and what to do and what not to do or have in a DnD game, nobody cares and it's irritating, now... I was thinking, an idea of being able to get unique gear that requires you to think, and workout, do riddles etc, kind of inspired by every treasure hunting movie ever to exist, basically, new lore would be implemented into the game, and riddles, which will in some smart way tell you to go somewhere, or do something, and you have to follow the leads, and eventually you will find a chest or whatever, with a piece of epic gear, with its own unique equip bonus, and it would of course be a different colour, and would be unique, instead of epic, I think this would be fun, as it engages you into some backstory or something, and it won't tell you where to start either, it would require you to look back at lore you've discovered and see if any of them have anything to say that could lead to some treasure.
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    It's also not in the DnD canon to which this game is bound.

While I'm aware Neverwinter is loosely (very loosely) based on 4e, 3.5 does contain adventure options for retraining and rebuilding a character, with two example quests for complete rebuilding, so it's not in violation of canon. It really wouldn't be that much of a stretch to see something like the Gates of Dawn or Necrotic Cradle, though with the serial numbers filed off since DDO has the 3.5 license.

Regardless of your opinion on character rebuilding, ability rolls should definitely be respeccable, preferably with all the point-buy arrays included. An HR just starting out has no clue what the endgame gear is going to be like when making their character, and will probably end up regretting it later on if their STR is anything other than 12. Should they start from scratch, lose all their progress and level up to 60 again just because of the ability rolls? Nah, just make it part of the respec token, or even add a new ability score respec token on the C-store if they want. It'd be useful to players and make them more money.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Want more content?

Open the Foundry. Actually *read* the quest text. Turn off the sparkly trail.

There are a lot of excellent adventures to be done - for those willing to actually do them for something more than an xp/token farm.