test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New invisible wall in Pirates Skyhold blocking off a bridge entrance

midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
a6ffb5088d.jpg

The same is true for the other bridge entrance. The entire island is completely blocked off.

d4eaafb96b.jpg

Post edited by midnightfang93 on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It must be just that instance. I was in Pirate's Skyhold just this morning and I didn't have any problems. (Just an FYI)
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It must be just that instance. I was in Pirate's Skyhold just this morning and I didn't have any problems. (Just an FYI)

This is preview server. Everything has only 1 instance basically.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This sounds a little like a bug that existed in open beta for a quest in Neverdeath. It would spawn an invisible wall to halt progress and the only way around it was to kill yourself or (sometimes) change instance. I hate to suggest that you kill your character (jump off a cliff or something if /killme is disabled), but if relogging doesn't work, that might....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    This sounds a little like a bug that existed in open beta for a quest in Neverdeath. It would spawn an invisible wall to halt progress and the only way around it was to kill yourself or (sometimes) change instance. I hate to suggest that you kill your character (jump off a cliff or something if /killme is disabled), but if relogging doesn't work, that might....

If that is the case, the only 2 quest I had active at the time I noticed the walls was the one to return to NW and the Catching Light quest.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I ran into this while doing one of Elminster's quests during the Protector's Jubilee. The invisible walls are blocking off the mote used in the Guandarr (sp?) the Vile skirmish, and may have been introduced by the Call to Arms that happened just prior to the Jubilee.
  • hivercidehivercide Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is not just on Preview, I've seen this same invisible wall in the exact same location on Live (Dragon) server. Okay, maybe not "seen", since it is invisible after all...lol...but you get the idea.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hivercide wrote: »
    It is not just on Preview, I've seen this same invisible wall in the exact same location on Live (Dragon) server. Okay, maybe not "seen", since it is invisible after all...lol...but you get the idea.

Confirm. I found this on live as well. It's not an earthmote I needed to access for any quest, but it's a grievance to my compulsion to erase as much fog of war as possible everywhere I go.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Double confirm, I leveled there today and could not get across the bridge mentioned - Location: (953, 2394)
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've leveled two character thru there in the past week. I can confirm the wall was there on live both times. I assumed it was an early map load for mod 4.