Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140630a.2

124»

Comments

• Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    6 set bonuses sounds cool lets include main/off hand in set bonuses COOL IDEA !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the game still crashes right before the map loads. i was able to create a new SW but i can't get past the map loading part. and i do see the shader error and i do have an AMD 8 core processor.

safe mode doesn't work as a workaround.
  • Options
    heavenclaimyouheavenclaimyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i encourage the Cryptic Team to take a look on this Topic :
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?685171-Black-Ice-Gear-vs-T2

This compare Damages with T2 PvP Set and Black ice Set . I'm not sure it's supposed to be like this with Black Ice Set done Less Damages than T2 PvP Set even if it's supposed to be the Best Set of the Game .

At least if it's normal can you please explain to us the real goal of this set , nobody understand it, it's not the best PvE, not the Best PvP but it's supposed to be the best gear of the game . So please give me an information about that and eventually fix it for the Mod 4 ?
    Delete the Perma Stealth Please !
  • Options
    pompalompapompalompa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    (...)
    spellselection is a bad joke as it is, leave alone that we neither get highten, maximise, enlarge, nor empower or at least quicken.
    why exactly did i roll a wiz if i get neither, damage or kill-capabilities(wheres wotb or weired to get rid of trash? finger of death? power word kill? enlarged, empowered, maximised and hightened fireballs? THATS what a "CW" is supposed to be capable of!), illusions or real cc spells(no sphere of dancing, no hold person/monster, leave alone the mass versions, no invisibility or magic trick, not even sleep.), nor any utility worth mentioning(not even stoneskin, resist elements, preminition, any of the tenser's spells, levitation, portal, at least some summon monster xy NOTHING)?
    you gave the darn cw nothing but dumb damage, and now you want to eliminate that too?
    by gimping shard down to 3k non-crits with endgame gear youve crossed the line, im really pissed and if this stuff goes life the way it is on preview now, im outta here!

(...)

in d&d "striker" doesent mean "dps" but singletarget, and "control" refers to "aoe" and not cc.
    yes indeed, "cw's" are d&d's aoe-nukes(alongside with sorcerers, who have more spells per day in exchange for poor metamagics).
    AOE DPS is what WIZARDS are best at, if you want "control" as in terms of cc, a BARD would be your class.
    so please, if you want to toss around funny sounding terms, make at least sure you have any clue what your actually talking about. thnx.

cant agree More.
    i must say when the Warlock "CURSE" mechanic got released, i immediately thought:
    hey, how about killing the TAB spellslot for for wizard, and giving him a new ability on TAB: ONE universal buff charge that will highten, maximise, enlarge, empower or quicken. your next spell?
    you'd have to chain your TAB buff with the following QER spell you'd want improved - giving more situational response abilities in PvE and PvP: you can CHOOSE to EITHER keeping the burst potential, gain a quickened/enhanced control, or improved AoE sweep capability for the trash... etc.

sure it'd be a complete rework of the class mechanic, and maybe too similar to warlocks curse, (but better?) but it'd be toning down the Mass dpsing and mass controlling with four encounters in PvE (,which is the core of our DPS and utility OPness problem in my opinion,) without having to nerf down each and every spell.

you could even improve this TAB empower DIFFERENTLY at the end of each FEAT TREE, making a clear difference in gameplay for oppressor control, thaumaturge (AOE)debuff, and renegade (Self)buffer.

so whatdy'all think?

EDIT: opened a new topic http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?703951-CW-rework-for-mod-4-suggestion
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2014
    so whatdy'all think?
    i like the idea, never was fond of "spall mastery" anyways, lol
    but i doubt theres enough rpg die-hards that actually care, judging from what i read. =(
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a question is any of the dragon stuff up on test yet ?
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is a level 29 quest in the Neverdeath Graveyard called Wheels within Wheels. On the preview at this point the last seal is broken...the sparklies are there, but there is no shield and you can't activate it.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I can't wait for more useless, 90 second cooldown set bonuses so that I can not bother getting the gear and just keep using the 1 "overpowered" (read: not ****) set for each class that is a year old.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I can't wait for more useless, 90 second cooldown set bonuses so that I can not bother getting the gear and just keep using the 1 "overpowered" (read: not ****) set for each class that is a year old.

This is why I'm running this signature. May be every time they see that they will think about how bad IWD is and won't repeat this mistake again.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    Will HR Shift actually dodge attacks now?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Alotta deaths means he was fighitng vs more than 1 player most of the match, meaning his teammates were wasting time doing god knows what while half the enemy team was occupied. Happens quite frequently in doms

This is pretty much the reason that makes good CWs go to the top of the rankings, even on the live shard.

If his team played correctly I'm about 80% sure the death counter of the CWs would go to space.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myrnym wrote: »
    Will HR Shift actually dodge attacks now?

HR shift always dodges attacks. In cases it doesn't it's because of lag (mostly caused by bad ISP, and not Cryptic).
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    HR shift always dodges attacks. In cases it doesn't it's because of lag (mostly caused by bad ISP, and not Cryptic).

HR's dodge has unequal CC and damage immunity frame. The former lasts longer then latter, so you usually take damage from attacks but ignore CC part of it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    HR's dodge has unequal CC and damage immunity frame. The former lasts longer then latter, so you usually take damage from attacks but ignore CC part of it.

I might have made a mistake there, since I was thinking of aoe attacks while writing that. Maybe it even applies to aoe, but I've never had problems dodging them, except for rare cases of latency.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    can we finally get disable enchantments visuals option please :(

forgot to add GWF greatswords all of them go through body,legs and some end up in feets in non combat stance i dont get it why you guys did not fixed it since beta.
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I meant to post in here, I'm sorry it's in the gf discussion thread.
    Buggy animations
    "Halt" maneuver (stop running) doesn't exist. He just hangs there without a smooth transition.
    Crushing Surge At-Will - not in sync anymore, this one is difficult to explain but I think ovserving it would explain why

*Fixed* Animations
    Lots of things I like :)

Since I only tried out my Guardian Fighter and made a new Scourge Warlock, I think I can tell a lot of your new "casting times" and animation speeds are syncing really well. Some are worse, or problematic.
    11.jpg
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

Is that not dodge in general? There's been times I've dodged dracos wing flap as a cw and take damage but miss the knockback. Though I may also remember when I was knockbacked and took no damage too.
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    are you guys giving free respec token on mod4....
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    are you guys giving free respec token on mod4....

Ofc not!
    http://i.imgur.com/oCL7ZCS.jpg
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I found a bug related to yesterdays observations.
    Bug: Stamin-Block/MARK
    Waiting for the animation for the Tabbed-MARK to finish, and holding Shift at that moment, Stamina will not drain at all. Tested it multiple times.

Method: Place Mark using Tab. Using Shift to animation-interrupt causes calculation issues.
    A)Stamina not at 100% - no exploit found
    B)Stamina is at 100% - stamina loss doesn't occur.
    11.jpg
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Apologies if I just missed the rogue thread, but I didn't see one so I figured I would post here instead. Their walk animations now look like I'm slow motion running away from an explosion in an action movie.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    godaigodai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Class Guardian Fighter

BUG: Block reduction only around 50% of damage
    Guard broken while 60% of stamina meter and appears again to same level in few seconds

I dont like the fact that shield and block take 80% of damage - if you speed up walking while blocking because of that , it is silly - and it look stupid
  • Options
    embientembient Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Disregard , new patch went up.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
This discussion has been closed.