test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140630a.2

Comments

• dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2014
    shard needs a damage buff real badly...
    my hr's split shot crits for thrice the ammount, even with the smaller vorpal.
    the day an at-will deals way more than double the damage of an 9th level spell, is indeed a sad one.
    more so if you take the huge cooldown into account. :roll:

/rant on:
    i will NOT get in the same boat with the dc's. who have to rely on company for killing purposes!
    i did NOT roll a glasscannon wiz to suffer all its drawbacks, while enjoying NONE of their benefits.
    spellselection is a bad joke as it is, leave alone that we neither get highten, maximise, enlarge, nor empower or at least quicken.
    why exactly did i roll a wiz if i get neither, damage or kill-capabilities(wheres wotb or weired to get rid of trash? finger of death? power word kill? enlarged, empowered, maximised and hightened fireballs? THATS what a "CW" is supposed to be capable of!), illusions or real cc spells(no sphere of dancing, no hold person/monster, leave alone the mass versions, no invisibility or magic trick, not even sleep.), nor any utility worth mentioning(not even stoneskin, resist elements, preminition, any of the tenser's spells, levitation, portal, at least some summon monster xy NOTHING)?
    you gave the darn cw nothing but dumb damage, and now you want to eliminate that too?
    by gimping shard down to 3k non-crits with endgame gear youve crossed the line, im really pissed and if this stuff goes life the way it is on preview now, im outta here!

it really shows that your dev-team would have needed at least 1-2 guys familiar with the d&d ruleset.
    you had an excuse for the horrible gamemechanics in STO, here its different. you had a working ruleset youve messed up, where there was NO need to come up with something, letz call it politely, "half biased" yourself.
    and you have proven before that you plainly suck at this specific task. didnt have any learning effect.
    its such a pitty....
    not to speak of the arrogance, assuming that after failing miserably multiple times, you could come up with a ruleset superior to the 20years in development d&d, wich thausands of players have spent countless hours on, to get it where it is today, is disturbing and disgusting, to say the least.
    /rant off:
    oure not understanding that they didn't "destroy the class" they put it more in line with what it was supposed to be: a CONTROL Wizard! Theyre keeping their control, read the notes and test it out for yourself. Heck, the control portion of its abilities is boosted if you read the dev tracker notes... Its their damage that gets lowered.
    grab a d&d players handbook and read it... (yes this is still a d&d game, even if PW chose to throw every ruleset that makes d&d, d&d overboard.)
    then youll figure that the term "control" has actually few to do with its wording.
    in d&d "striker" doesent mean "dps" but singletarget, and "control" refers to "aoe" and not cc.
    yes indeed, "cw's" are d&d's aoe-nukes(alongside with sorcerers, who have more spells per day in exchange for poor metamagics).
    AOE DPS is what WIZARDS are best at, if you want "control" as in terms of cc, a BARD would be your class.
    so please, if you want to toss around funny sounding terms, make at least sure you have any clue what your actually talking about. thnx.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi, changes changes changes, I have a request to you, enter the game-> click L-> rank. First 10 pages it's 200 players and now look:
    -1 tank
    -2 dc
    -6 cw
    Is it just my opinion that something is wrong with this game?
    And now you add new class, it is next good step towards good balanced pvp. Congratz.
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug:

Change Character doesn't has Change now button.
    nw_bug_cc.jpg

Log Out acts as Change Character.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Bug:

nw_bug_cc.jpg

"Hey be right back! Let me switch characters really quick!" ........."Oh wait....."

- Longest 15 seconds EVER
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    2 things.

1 - please, fix the run / female walk of gwf. if it is just a test, ok. i understand.

2 - santa maria, rework warlock walk/run. it is not evil, is hilarious. search for "yori oroshi" on youtube. should be in line with what you guys want.

AMEN to #2! Warlocks look like troglodytes or orcs or something...it's absolutely ridiculous. I was really looking forward to this class and still am, but PLEASE change the walk/run/stance!!!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited July 2014
    Erm, stupid question, but how do you CREATE a new character on the preview server? Can't find the button / option...

You can copy as many as you want, but to create one you need to have one of the two slots open, so I had to delete all mine but one to create a new one.

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Bug:

nw_bug_cc.jpg

I do not believe that was intentional, I have created a ticket for someone to investigate.
  • myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    You're forced to create a ticket ? You can not just threaten him like... "fix this now or no pizza for you" ! You're the boss and a panda with superpowers ! I'm disappointed. :(

(thanks)
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can not use the Campaign Tracker window to Plant Vibrant Seedlings / Study Thayan Writings.
    When I press "start" button window disappears without any effect.
    0LQASjV.png
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Isn't GWF's sprint grants cc immunity a bit too much? They already have Unstoppable, and they will gain one more form of cc immunity? That means we can't Repel them nor can we chock them while they are sprinting toward us?

Yep you just die now, thats it

Yeah, poor CWs are so underpowered in PvP :(
    ZO7f1yR.png
    Before you ask both of them were on the enemy team.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, poor CWs are so underpowered in PvP :(
    ZO7f1yR.png
    Before you ask both of them were on the enemy team.

I'm curious about the player skill/gear of your team, since you died 9 times as a GWF.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited July 2014
    So? Dying does not reduce your team's score. Unfortunately mine was unable to capitalize on the fact that there's 3 people chasing me.

Only PvP gear I have is grim armor + the cloak from the campaign, but it doesn't matter what gear you have against 2 CWs, you'll end up with maybe 10%DR anyway.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I'm curious about the player skill/gear of your team, since you died 9 times as a GWF.

Alotta deaths means he was fighitng vs more than 1 player most of the match, meaning his teammates were wasting time doing god knows what while half the enemy team was occupied. Happens quite frequently in doms
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so far the only thing I have seen and would ask is that you change the walk animation for SW ..it makes you look like a lumbering hulk or a constipated gorilla lol but im only at level 15 but yea the animation really needs to be redone lol
    edited July 2014
    so far the only thing I have seen and would ask is that you change the walk animation for SW ..it makes you look like a lumbering hulk or a constipated gorilla lol but im only at level 15 but yea the animation really needs to be redone lol

Yes!! I normally take things as they come and try to make the best of it, but this is just awful. I really hope it gets changed!

• spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Warlock Class Unlocked for testing!

[*][*]Great Weapon Fighter

[*][*]Sprint: Sprint now grants 30% more damage resistance while active and makes you Immune to CC while sprinting.

[/LIST]

Lol. This is simply absurd.

I totally feel for the CW's, get your class nerfed to the ground just so another class can be introduced. Major fail along with a lot of the class balance issues it would seem
    edited July 2014
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

People who don't even have the preview client shouldn't be able to post in this forum.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

People who don't even have the preview client shouldn't be able to post in this forum.

Totaly agree, have u ever been in a domination pvp match as a gwf vs a good cw? The GWF is a joke, i did a match vs the devs and some ppl from EoA a HR and the SW killed my fulll decked out GWF in 4 sec. Someone typed u died 9 times as a GWF u must be bad. No its not that its the fact that GWF is so nerfed it wont be a option to take it to pvp domination anymore.
    edited July 2014
    I'm not even talking about PvP right now. CW has been the top PvE class SINCE THE GAME CAME OUT. And it will still be.
  • fortdamedfortdamed Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    even with the last changes in the cw I was able to deal out insane amounts of damage. On top of that I switched to oppressor not only did I dominate in damage in CN but the CC was so good that in the whole dungeon our team took less than 5 mil damage. Maybe i'm that good or the ones complaining about cw changes are that bad. They may have reduced out damage on some skills but the fixed our armor pen so we gained damage that way. but this is just my humble opinion, and it looks like I will be checking out the warlock here in a few minutes. have a great 4th of July. AMERICA!!!!!!!
  • chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They dont fix linked spirit but they fix little bug with chain that annoy those who try to kill the DC in pvp.

DC is Cryptic ******* child. No love at all.
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    [edit : double post]
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Please fix Linked Spirit that procs from Astral Shield we need it so badly! Most of DC feats are either having such low effects or only active if certain conditions are met, unlike most other classes *cough HR cough* with such huge % rate increase and no conditions required (100% active time) given the right stance of that feat
  • instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    *Block: Stamina now drains substantially slower.

Now, I like that the devs are paying attention to the GF class that is in much need of love, but not this kind of love lol. Currently its bad enough that GF's guard meter breaks in like 5 seconds, but now with it being stamina based, and drained just by holding the shield up I really doubt it will even last that long. I need people to notice this. A buff for GF was long due, but guard being drained this way will only make it break faster than it used to and make the class even less attractive PvP and PvE wise, as of these days GF's shield is only a good looking toy they carry around, not really useful for much. If this makes it to live it'll only get worst.
  • glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I create the warlock in the preview, is then possible to copy it to the live game?
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Currently its bad enough that GF's guard meter breaks in like 5 seconds, but now with it being stamina based, and drained just by holding the shield up I really doubt it will even last that long.

Depends how you set up your GF.

In my basic tests, with 21 strength guard lasts ~9 sec. Add in Shield Talent (5% slower drain), Shield Master (10% slower drain), Elven Resolve (10% regen), Refeshing Chill (+ 250 stamina/guard gain) it lasts ~17 sec. With Iron Warrior it makes it to ~24 sec.
    glorygemm wrote: »
    If I create the warlock in the preview, is then possible to copy it to the live game?

No.
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2014
    even with the last changes in the cw I was able to deal out insane amounts of damage. On top of that I switched to oppressor not only did I dominate in damage in CN but the CC was so good that in the whole dungeon our team took less than 5 mil damage.
    so you want one particular tree being fotm instead of having them all 3 viable?
    very clever and totally in the sense of overall ballance... *claps*

i can see how the old thaum tree wouldve been an option over opressor, but i guess we get this "everybody runs the same uninspired build" rubbish again.
    good thing when input is actually helpful! YAY! -.-
    edited July 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    so you want one particular tree being fotm instead of having them all 3 viable?
    Who in their right mind used Oppressor in the current version?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @ Gentleman Crush / Panderus

2 questions if possible to answer please,

1: Are there any reworks/Changes for module 4 for TR ? (Haven't seen any notes thus far)

2: Are we going to be getting specific set bonuses again from armour sets ? **

3: Forgot to add this one and wondered if it had been added in the past, is there any way perhaps we can get the utility slots removed and replaced with 3x Defence 3x Offence depending on the gears Main function. (If its a DPS set or Defensive set)

** Just to elaborate

1: TR +% stealth increase Meter
    2: HR Roots/Stuns/Dots
    3: GF Block Restore / Gain
    4: GWF +1/+2 Seconds more Unstoppable or Added Determination over time etc
    5: DC * never played a DC but im sure there is a Good bonus for them
    6: CW Added Control Options

Would be nice if we can get the 4 set bonus on the 2 parts and 4 set bonus on something new and exciting, or even maybe go to 6 set piece bonuses ?
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    6 set bonuses sounds cool lets include main/off hand in set bonuses COOL IDEA !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.