test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lliira's Celebration

smelldeathsmelldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have to say i don't like at all this event i mean no transmutes weapons or clothes nothing only a star helmet seriously i don't like and i would to see CTA events more that give you cool items that you will love them for example my best transmute item that i didn't got was volcanic dagger.
Post edited by smelldeath on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At least it's an improvement over last years Celebration of Lliira event , all you got last time was the Elton John mask and that 70s themed dye pack XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My word is I am not impressed. All I liked is a night in PE.

The rewards is a joke, especially that Bell that makes your companion invulnerable for 10 seconds. With the state of companions now that item is a waste of active inventory slots. Oh and those coupons... no comments, too much negative emotions about that one.

At least some dwarf wearing event mask and pink dyed pantalons cheered me up >.>
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is my least favorite of all events. But at least it will help me to tell today from yesterday. XD

A bad (or unexciting, anyway) event is better than no event.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    At least some dwarf wearing event mask and pink dyed pantalons cheered me up >.>

Was it Sergey?!? I bet it was Sergey.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    The rewards is a joke, especially that Bell that makes your companion invulnerable for 10 seconds. With the state of companions now that item is a waste of active inventory slots.

You should read the effect again.

It fully heals them even if they are unconscious. Obviously not great if you run an augment but incredibly useful when using non-augment companions and an excellent tool in making non-augments more attractive options.

There are still a number of reasons people wouldn't use non-augments but there are a few companions which are not augments which could arguably be just on the cusp of being used such as the Dread Warrior. It is useful if your open your mind to the possibilities rather than take the close minded "augments will forever be better" attitude.
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited July 2014
    This bell thing would only be of any use, if we had a slot to put it in (Same as the new IWD pots)
    All of my 3 slots are taken w healing pots, tymora coin and pocket pet.
    Am i supposed to open my inventory to use the bell, pots etc or am i missing some macro allowing me to directly use smthg from my inventory ?
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This bell thing would only be of any use, if we had a slot to put it in (Same as the new IWD pots)
    All of my 3 slots are taken w healing pots, tymora coin and pocket pet.
    Am i supposed to open my inventory to use the bell, pots etc or am i missing some macro allowing me to directly use smthg from my inventory ?

/bind F1 inventoryexec 1 inventory 0

Where the number at the end indicates what slot in your bags the item is stored. Top left being 0 and counting +1 left to right.

Thus:
    Bag 1
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    25 26 27 28 29

Bag 2
    30 31 32 33 ... etc
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    /bind ....

thx much !
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How are you supposed to do this for multiple toons given the 3 day limit? Might take a day just to get one bell.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know if this event is dropping the token for xvim belt? I kinda would like to finish that set without having to buy it for outrageous amounts of AD.

I totally missed my chance from the last one as I didn't know until someone told me that those party poppers you could buy with renown actually had a chance to give you the token.

So what gives the chance to drop the token on this one? Or does anyone know?
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How many tokens do you get for silver or gold? Is it 2 and 3? 1 for copper is a joke with this runnign for 4 days. This is NOT alt friendly.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    How many tokens do you get for silver or gold? Is it 2 and 3? 1 for copper is a joke with this runnign for 4 days. This is NOT alt friendly.

Got 2 for 2nd place... 2 for 5th...

Huge waste of time.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    /bind F1 inventoryexec 1 inventory 0

Where the number at the end indicates what slot in your bags the item is stored. Top left being 0 and counting +1 left to right.

Thus:
    Bag 1
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    25 26 27 28 29

Bag 2
    30 31 32 33 ... etc

Holy cow , this has to be one of the most useful things I've read in the forums.
    What game file do you add this edit to?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    vattara wrote: »
    Holy cow , this has to be one of the most useful things I've read in the forums.

I think you just type it in chat and press enter .
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't call this event an improvement over the last year's one - sure, there is one better reward now, but this time it's so tremendously grind-centered it simply put me off already.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Huge waste of time.

How many fireworks did the person in 1st place use?
    (anyone who's seen the top list, give me an estimate, plz)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    How many fireworks did the person in 1st place use?
    (anyone who's seen the top list, give me an estimate, plz)

I participated in one about an hour ago and the 1st place winner used 100 fireworks.
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've seem random amounts between 54 and 144 so far.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You should read the effect again.

It fully heals them even if they are unconscious. Obviously not great if you run an augment but incredibly useful when using non-augment companions and an excellent tool in making non-augments more attractive options.

There are still a number of reasons people wouldn't use non-augments but there are a few companions which are not augments which could arguably be just on the cusp of being used such as the Dread Warrior. It is useful if your open your mind to the possibilities rather than take the close minded "augments will forever be better" attitude.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the army of companions I have and always level them to 30 when I have the time for it but look at the current situation - the only ways you can run around with combat pets active are dailies or alt lvling, in the dungeons you will be probably asked to remove/disable it as it attacts unwanted adds more than it contributes to overall DPS. I like my Cold Irown Warrior, I even once gone fully obessed with that companion and bought 3 perfect bonding runestones, 3 greater tenebrous and upgraded shepherd dog, ghost, boar and jagged blade to purple for him. Needless to say I got dissapointed? ._. I didn't really notice much of the difference even after running MC.

2 of my active inventroy slots are filled with adorable pet and tymora's coin, the 3rd one I'd prefer to use for healing potions :P
    UPD oh nvm the second part, just seen tang56's post. Still, I believe there are many players that think like me and don't read the forums xD
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Huge waste of time.
    I got 3 for placing 1st (gold bracket).

So GOLD=3, SILVER=2, COPPER=1

Which makes it hardly worth the effort to waste that many fireworks for 1st place, just save them to get more SILVER bracket placings to maximise your rewards.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Today I had a chance to be the No. 2 in the contest, and I only got two Lliira's Favor. The No. 1 loaded 87 fireworks and I loaded 40.

The amount of rewarded Lliira's Favor is too few. I could imagine it's difficult for players who are playing multiple toons to get bells for all their toons.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vattara wrote: »

I don't know if anything has changed.. And I've never used any of this.. but this link (Old Command Tutorial Forum Post) has info about saving keybinds to a file. Just something I bookmarked a long time ago and never got around to trying.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    smelldeath wrote: »
    I have to say i don't like at all this event i mean no transmutes weapons or clothes nothing only a star helmet seriously i don't like and i would to see CTA events more that give you cool items that you will love them for example my best transmute item that i didn't got was volcanic dagger.

The event calls Lliira the goddess of joy, freedom, and liberty. Add in fireworks, the bell, and the 5-pointed star-shaped mask and I'm guessing that it's no accident that it's taking place over the 4th of July weekend. Then, living near Philly, to me it seems obvious ;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't call this event an improvement over the last year's one - sure, there is one better reward now, but this time it's so tremendously grind-centered it simply put me off already.

Yeah the rewards are better but there's no way I'm waiting round Protectors for ages praying that 2 or 3 other people didn't manage to collect or spam more fireworks than me , especially when we are supposed to be on the other server testing the new class changes and class ,only so many hours in the day .
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Today I had a chance to be the No. 2 in the contest, and I only got two Lliira's Favor. The No. 1 loaded 87 fireworks and I loaded 40.

The amount of rewarded Lliira's Favor is too few. I could imagine it's difficult for players who are playing multiple toons to get bells for all their toons.

You loaded 40? I haven't used mine yet, but the in game pop-up
    says I need a minimum of 50. I'm L60... does that matter?
    Or everyone needs 50 for their 1st ever launch?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Its like any contest. You can hit X to see the point totals of anyone involved. What you need to win depends greatly on who is in the zone at the time and how busy it is. I suspect, if you could find an empty PE zone to play in, you could win with just a handful. But the odds of that are fairly unlikely.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tyvm sockmunkey
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The 40 is the total I retrieved from mobs and also farmed in PE. You need a minimum of 5 fireworks to perform a loading. Character level doesn't matter.

== EDIT ==
    The minimum required to load is actually 1. See the post below.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can actually just load 1. But the game saves u time and loads 5 or 10 if you have enough.
  • Options
    nwknight5280nwknight5280 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The pocket pet can be activated from inventory and therefore keep that slot free.
    "We cannna bring a troll to fire, but we can bring fire to the troll" - old dwarvish proverb