Install Arc
Options

[Feedback Thread] Black Ice Weapon/Armor Drops

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am a TR sabatour build.
    I have two black ice gloves and two main hands.
    If you want drops put on all your black ice gear you have and attack with DF and WR

Also try to be the first one to the encounter.. Camp one area dont change maps.

Good luck

Demon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Yeah once I hit 35 days on the campaign I gave up trying to get the drops, the sets aren't even worth the trouble. DC and CW might be better in PVP with these sets but the other classes hardly need them, especially since all procs have 1 minute + internal cooldowns.

My DC just got to DV and I did beholder on him I was literally chatting the entire fight and I got the mainhand... It really is all RNG I'm starting to think cause I contributed jack**** (relatively) to that fight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    driiizztdriiizzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    61 epic ancounter
    91 major epic enounter
    3 breacets, 0 wearpons
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    104 epic encounters with 3 classes

DC, not one single bracelet or weapon. Full heals, many 150, then 180 categories, nothing.
    GWF.. got weapon, was first at beholder and opened it up, so was there the entire fight, however I have CAMPED remo;s forever to get bracelets and nothing.... every time , nothing.
    CW... got bracelets, again was there right at the start, but many beholders and no weapons.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally got bracers last night and did so on a Major HEs...Captured Prospectors in IWP. There are a lot less people doing the Major HEs now so getting an Epic result isn't as hard as it once was for those. For all of you still grinding for these I have felt your pain and wish you the best of luck with the RNG.
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the gloves for my GWF and the orb for my CW on the very first day in the first 2 hours. I play everyday with 3 characters and have gotten nothing since.My HR has opened up all the campaign windows, 3rd ice forge level and all,my CW opens the 3rd ice forge today but still cant get anything. I dont know anyone that has gotten any drops either. Kind of had hoped that after you got everything else you would eventually get them. This is really a frustrating disappointment but I keep trying.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    I got the gloves for my GWF and the orb for my CW on the very first day in the first 2 hours. I play everyday with 3 characters and have gotten nothing since.My HR has opened up all the campaign windows, 3rd ice forge level and all,my CW opens the 3rd ice forge today but still cant get anything. I dont know anyone that has gotten any drops either. Kind of had hoped that after you got everything else you would eventually get them. This is really a frustrating disappointment but I keep trying.

Yeah, Its really annoying I am still going trying to get my mainhand and gloves for my GWF... Its really frustrating farming weeks for the gear, seeing numerous encounters being zerged like remorhaz etc. Then people who just stand doing nothing and wham I got gloves... I mean dam it allow us to get the stuff from the AH, you have allowed the BI belt to become BOE do us a favor. I know they are doing this with Mod 4, because I have already seen screenshots of mod 4 red dragon HE encounter. So you know there is going to be more farming more boons...

Just give us a break please, allow the items to be BOE so we can complete our sets :/
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After getting both gloves and MH for my CW, I have now given up trying for my other toons. There is more chance of Mod 4 being released before I get any luck with the RNG and I just can't be arsed map hopping for epic HE's for the slim chance that I might get a lucky drop.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Key word: Lucky Drop. That's all they are, nothing more. The whole 'contribution' thing is thrown completely out the window when a players walks up with the boss at 10% health left, hits it three times and walks away with the MH/Arm piece. Thats how my GWF got the Hammer. Walked up at the end, hit it three times and was rewarded for my 'contribution.'

Then I know a player, similar to what str8slayer said above, that got into Raid the Raiders, dropped one Astral Shield and then moved to the edge of the Purple Circle encounter area (on your mini map) and stayed there and did absolutely nothing else and got the Arms/Bracers.

And too really burst peoples bubble: A friend got the Arms from passing through Prospector Attack on his way to Biggrins Tomb.

The system is faulty, to say the least.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I go to epic HEs almost everyday on all three of my characters, DC, CW, and TR, not a single glove or main hand. After the patch the purple drops disappeared too, and the best I got are blues and r5 enchants. The patch is supposed to give DC good drops for healing, but there are a number of times where my DC (5k power, 3k crit, 4k recovery) is the only one healing but got greens only. This is frustrating, but thank you for not making the BI set a hard requirement. Also, I would rather use 1 million BI to level each piece of BI gears to lvl three and have it stay at lvl 3 permanently. In this way, there's at least an end to the grinding.
  • Options
    seylythiaseylythia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Currently what I'm seeing is a HUGE group of people stalled out on completing Black Ice set.

So what happens?

Anytime a Beholder/Remorhaz encounter spawns we have ALL those people come to that instance (making the fact you cant switch instances manually a moot point) causing almost unbearable lag for those who originally camped the instance as we are supposed to.

I cant blame them really,it would really help greatly if one of the designers would at least give us a hint on requirements to getting the 2 pieces of gear more effectively. Not asking for any more fixes just a little help on explaining drop chances (whether its a fixed flat percentage) or whether contributing in certain way helps our chances.

It would certainly clear up all the speculation.

Thanks alot in advance for any feedback Devs:)
  • Options
    gnizlagnizla Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    People actually think just 30~40 times as "having done plenty".

LoL. This is what happens if they make a casual, easy-to-play PvE content with hardly any real challenges.

I'd say its the opposite extreme, but to think that the members of regular raiding parties in WoW can run the same content for something like twelve to twenty weeks in search of just one rare drop item they seek... compared to that... casual-content players... no patience at all. Its like walking 10 steps and demanding a medal, when other, real serious PvE enthusiasts run the whole marathon. :rolleyes:

This generation of kids who seek instant-gratification in everything... what'll they think of next, I wonder :D

Yeah, but in Wow you form a party and go...what I hate the most (and I have farmed 70-80 times now with still no gloves or weapon) is the time you waste waiting for the right HE to come up, the changing of instance to do them, and all the time in between..:mad:
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I noticed, but it might be not true - IWP gives better drops then Dwarven Valley.
    It is much easier to get Rank 5 on a simple encounter there, while DV gives rather Rank 4 to me.
    Unfortunately there will be little testing from me now for several weeks - exam period is going to start soon....
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, after I have no idea how many tries, I got the BI Glove drop. (I'm a CW)

I got them in "Captured Prospectors" in the Icewind Pass.

1 Didn't do any more fighting than usual. (I do try!)
    2 There were a good number of people helping who joined in later.
    3 Didn't get there too early (Tho they hadn't done much yet).
    4 Rezd no one.
    5 Hardly touched the boss.
    6 Didn't die.
    7 Didn't use a lot of healing.
    8 Freed none of the captives.

Have to figure that if you get a half-decent 'score' it's just random who gets a drop.
    (If anyone.) Thought you'd like to know, since a lot of us were wondering. I suppose your
    'score' will depend on your class and how it contributes. I'm set to do Area and Critical.
    Was using Corrupt Armor cranked to Tier 3. (Minus the gloves.) No BIce belt, weapon
    or off hand.

PS Other than that I've gotten Hammerstone items (2x) and a Barbarian weapon,
    none of which were for my class.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »
    I go to epic HEs almost everyday on all three of my characters, DC, CW, and TR, not a single glove or main hand. After the patch the purple drops disappeared too, and the best I got are blues and r5 enchants. The patch is supposed to give DC good drops for healing, but there are a number of times where my DC (5k power, 3k crit, 4k recovery) is the only one healing but got greens only. This is frustrating, but thank you for not making the BI set a hard requirement. Also, I would rather use 1 million BI to level each piece of BI gears to lvl three and have it stay at lvl 3 permanently. In this way, there's at least an end to the grinding.

You know what is funny, I have farmed almost all HEs and still not a weapon or glove on my GWF... for all those who think this is bad, wait until module 4, they are bringing HEs into it, so this has to mean there is another farm fest for armor / weapons that will occur.

I am about to give up anyways on the GWF, due to all the upcoming changes to the class.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    dont even bother with them the sets are useless.

Mod 3 is just plain waste of time
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nice Info! Thanks!!!!
    I have similar intuition now. As soon as I'll be done with my exams, I'll continue my farming.
    Concerning score: you get more for fighting, then for doing the tasks (harvest BI, free ppl.). During Motherlode I fight now enemies and get much better rewards. (some green stuff, sometimes even blue, and I get more ice, then 25, sometimes even more then 75)
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Couple issues i see here. I have an old Tr build based on crit. I am not going to reroll him or change him period. After being here since beta I find it rediculous that you have to spend hours trying to find a drop that is for your charecter. I lucky to play 4 hours a day, since the ice came out I have yet to get one drop from heriocs. Some say it based on damage done. Good luck finding something if that the case. Know way for a tr to do enough damage now to complete quest alone. And btw changing instances suck. Have the items for sale like the rest with black ice. We have suffered enough through this.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Used Forgemasters Flame, Prophecy of Doom and Searing light on Beholder, long fight and only few ppl.
    I died three times.
    I rescued 3-4 people.
    I got my scepter!
    OK, seems like duration and proper powers do play a role.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    merged a few similar threads discussing black ice gear drops.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OK, here is what you can do:
    Check out your powers to Black Ice reward ratio. And adjust your contribution until you get 180 Black Ice dropping from Encounters.
    25 BI - you just passed by
    75 BI - little contribution
    75-150 BI - you did well (and probably you have a chance to get something)
    180 Black Ice - you hit the ceiling, now only the random number decides.

The randomizer will work as a multiplier. The math/algorithm could look something like this:
    coin = ((a*heals+b*dmg_taken+c*dmg_dealt)*(time spend/total time allowed)/(lvl_base+d*GS)) * (RND); with 0<***;b;c;d;RND}<1
    coin also should (in most of the cases) be between 0 and 1, then we would have for following coins:
    <0.1 ==> 25 BI + (low)RND for green loot
    0.1-0.25 ==> 75 BI + 2xRND for green loot+ very low RND for Purple loot
    0.25-0.5 ==> 75-150 BI + RND for (2xgreen+1xblue) + low RND for Purple loot
    0.5-0.75 ==> 180 BI + RND for (4xgreen/2xblue) + RND for purple loot
    >0.75 ==> similar to 0.5-0.75 with better RND multipliers

So use your BI drops to adjust your powers and behavior! Some builds/powers/tactics seem to be less useful then others.

As I switched from buffs/debuffs to healing+damaging powers, I started to get much better loot. Similar will be to you.

Then, as you have seen, "time spend" is a factor!!!! Special tasks seem to bring almost no points at all! So if you're (for example) on the BI Mother Lode - do not harvest black ice!!!! Kill adds, kill giant! Then harvest!

Do not concentrate on Boss only, since your damage output will be much smaller there, and the sooner you finish, the lesser will be your total contribution. Concentrate on adds.

And of course there will be people who get their items from nothing!!!! Because of this random part! You can not affect it! But you can affect your contribution!

But: we're also way too tired from harvesting, and the time spend in NWN decreases rapidly now.... Black ice decay is way too slow, so those who already have a full set don't have to harvest BI anymore (I know some ppl, who have above 50k raw black ice + same amount of normal). There should be more use of BI, more investment options... The economy is not working well.

On the other hand I must defend the devs!!! If the items would be easily to get, what would we do? If the items could be sold on AH, nobody would buy the normal purple stuff anymore! This would ruin the economy!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And I don't like the merge of different topics, the way it went.... you can't follow the discussion that well anymore....
    Since it was not meant to be a feedback thread, but a research thread! Which is not the same!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok this Black ice gear drop is pissing me off! How many times do i need to get "GREAT SUCCESS" and still get nada?

I see in this thread the HR got main hand 6 times!!!!!!

Yet i a Guardian Fighter all i want is my mainhand thats it i try and try and zilch nada nothing screw you , you get junk , you get some purple profession <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you get more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants!!!

GF cannot compete as high as the DPS classes, how the F am I going to get the mainhand?

2014_07_03_00003.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Finally got my weapon from Beholder after 21 Epics and 66 Majors. Im TR and I did mining+some rez+lots of dmg+stayed alive.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I have gotten the "Great Success" result a number times of times myself, but not a single drop. If the 180 Black Ice reward is supposed to indicate that you did the best that can be done, it certainly does not seem to influence the RND in the least. To see people get a drop on their first attempt or to even have gotten multiple drops, is starting to get beyond annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ever since they lowered the contribution requirements, my TR consistently gets placed into the 180 BI bracket on Beholder. Never got my main hand though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    karlodun wrote: »

Then, as you have seen, "time spend" is a factor!!!! Special tasks seem to bring almost no points at all! So if you're (for example) on the BI Mother Lode - do not harvest black ice!!!! Kill adds, kill giant! Then harvest!

Do not concentrate on Boss only, since your damage output will be much smaller there, and the sooner you finish, the lesser will be your total contribution. Concentrate on adds.

Are you sure about this?

I always thought boss dmg counts more. Because my GWF guildies seems easier time to get the arms/MH than me with my Cw and I thought because of their higher single target dmg on boss.

I am also suprised that tasks doesn't count neither!
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Boss dmg does count more. The only major HE where I actually finished with great success was one where I was late to the party. Boss was already out so I just focused my dmg on him and lo and behold: Great Success!
    There were about 8 participants in that HE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]