test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

garden access issue

nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Garden access key doesn't work properly. Seems only BUYING the key granted access, but having the key in your inventory does nothing. I purchased 1 key per character except for my main character who ran out of figurines, after buying armor transmutes, so bought an extra key on another character and transferred it to my main, who can't get in with this error:

[System Notify] Requires Earning Garden Access During Anniversary.

Those characters that bought they key have it consumed when entering the garden, but not this one. So looks like the wrong flag is being checked here, one for buying the key, not carrying it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ouch, that's not so good.

There wasn't much point in making them account-bound if they're only usable by characters that earned them directly, and everyone who bought spares (more than a few of us) effectively wasted their time, or could have spent their figurines on more fun and frivolous things.

Definitely hoping for a fix. All my characters did earn their own, but I'm sitting on extras in anticipation of more classes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Garden access key doesn't work properly. Seems only BUYING the key granted access, but having the key in your inventory does nothing. I purchased 1 key per character except for my main character who ran out of figurines, after buying armor transmutes, so bought an extra key on another character and transferred it to my main, who can't get in with this error:

[System Notify] Requires Earning Garden Access During Anniversary.

Those characters that bought they key have it consumed when entering the garden, but not this one. So looks like the wrong flag is being checked here, one for buying the key, not carrying it.

Seriously?

I didn't get transmutes that I really really wanted because it was either that, or a garden key for a new toon who wasn't levelled enough to participate. *flips desk and storms off to sulk about wasting three days*
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I bought 2 keys with both of my char so that makes 4, thinking that I could keep them for my future 2 char but now that I entered the garden it took me away all 4 keys, I really hope that it will unlock it for my future char as well because we were told that it was possible to keep them for this purpose
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I put the extras in the shared bank because I figured that any check at the gate would consume all items held in personal inventory (including individual bank because the game does check there during certain processes). I wouldn't have expected the programming to be sophisticated enough to know to just use one.

You could contact customer service to explain what happened and see if they'll restore the extras though, explaining the situation carefully.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I put the extras in the shared bank because I figured that any check at the gate would consume all items held in personal inventory (including individual bank because the game does check there during certain processes). I wouldn't have expected the programming to be sophisticated enough to know to just use one.

You could contact customer service to explain what happened and see if they'll restore the extras though, explaining the situation carefully.

I put mine in personal bank :( I didn't know I had to put them in account shared... I am so mad right now LOL
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really hope this gets fixed. How are you supposed to expect that non-unique, account-bound keys will only work for the purchaser?
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My characters that bought keys all can get into the garden - WITHOUT having a key in their inventory.

I put my keys into the shared bank for safekeeping, figuring I'd use them as needed (since I got extras), and everyone's already got the garden unlocked without ever expending a key.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please let just the key unlock garden otherwise make your desciptions explaining how items work clearly in future, rather than waste player's time for grinding something they can't use.

Many had to give up the their figurines for keys instead of getting transsmutes they could have used.
  • Options
    martydapartymartydaparty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they dont fix this I want my time back or compensated for faulty programing. I wouldn't have done all 8 days worth if I'd known it was like this! Don't stack them either cause they all get used at once.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Worked okay for me. I bought two keys and gave one to an alt and both can get in. If you tried to be clever and left it in your shared bank account, it won't be consumed but only the toon that bought the key will be able to get in, even if you can give the key to your alt. I guess people are trying to exploit - sheesh.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    Worked okay for me. I bought two keys and gave one to an alt and both can get in. If you tried to be clever and left it in your shared bank account, it won't be consumed but only the toon that bought the key will be able to get in, even if you can give the key to your alt. I guess people are trying to exploit - sheesh.

How in the world is putting them in the shared bank be used as needed exploiting? The keys are consumed on use and account bound. Are you saying everyone needed to have the key in their inventory the moment the event was over? Because that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It should be simple.. the key should work if it is CARRIED, and ONLY if it is carried. I can't get in my own house if I leave my keys in the car... This thing didn't come with an owner's manual. People accusing others of trying to exploit just because they used account bank slots FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE, should really get a grip. (You can equip Runes and Enchants if they are in your bank, no matter where you are, and they are removed from the bank. Trying to do the same with other items is not trying to exploit.. it's reasonable. To think that it is trying to exploit is daffy.)

I bought two keys on one character. One he carries, the other is mailed to an alt. The alt hasn't taken it from the mail yet. And the main hasn't used his yet. I have every expectation of both of them working, and if either doesn't, it is in FACT a bug, and I am sure the GM's will take care of the problem.

Edit- It seems that the problem might just be that the shared bank is TOO accessible.. like the entry of the character consumed all the keys that the character could access. Much the way finishing a quest will consume 5 quest items, even though the quest was only to get 3. That was not the intention, I am sure. OP (and others,) definitely open a ticket if you haven't and -ask- them to look into it. There is a chance they can help.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It seems that the problem might just be that the shared bank is TOO accessible.. like the entry of the character consumed all the keys that the character could access.

Keys in the shared bank are not consumed - I have 20 in there despite going in/out with several characters who bought keys (who did not have them in their inventory - only a stack of 20 in the shared bank).

However, people are claiming keys in the personal, non-shared bank are being consumed, but I haven't confirmed this, and I don't intend to until the problems have been sorted out.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok.. I just took the key from the mail on the character that did nothing at all regarding the event. It worked fine and was consumed. (It's just FYI.)

I'm going to go try it on the char that earned it (with the key he carried the whole time.)

Edit- It worked fine on him too. Tried it on a third guy with no key and was quickly refused entry.

P.S. My favorite things about the garden.. no crystal-rubbing jerkazoid telling me every four minutes that I 'would do well to seek the favor of the godz...' and the decreased likelihood of having to listen to someone's lizard shaman pet regurge every 30 seconds. =D I can turn my sound back on! Yay!
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same here. I bought 2 keys on each toon I was running through the dailies so that all my current and future toons could have access. Because getting the keys took most of the time, I only have a single companion.

I was hoping to get my future warlock into the garden as well as some toons I have leveling to test alt builds and are not geared yet.

I was not happy with the event or skirmish (far too much run from here to the far side, then run back) but I trudged through it all to ensure garden access on all. Now Im not happy about wasting my time without having the access I worked to get.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay, I just tried something and it worked.

For those who had a key transferred in inventory before event ended but did not buy it directly will be denied access.

Workaround, mail the key to yourself, and it will now work on your character that did not buy the key.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    evalira wrote: »

I'm not exactly sure how getting extra keys and putting them in the shared bank in anticipation of making characters later, or getting extra keys and not putting them into the bag of the character they were meant for until a wee bit later is "exploiting".

Not a single person in this thread is talking about trying to get multiple uses out of a single key. Not one.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Great job, Wimpazoid. Thanks for sharing that; I hope some people who need it see your post.

BTW- If you are the same Wimpazoid I used to read in CO, thanks for all the great build advice you shared with everyone.. I learned a lot from you over there.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes, thanks, Chaoscourtesan. It wasn't easy, but the lack of development over the years finally made me move on from CO.
  • Options
    eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wish I'd known all this earlier. All my characters with keys have since used them without me realizing it. I was wondering why the keys had disappeared from my inventory... Wanted to get keys for any future characters, but I didn't have time.

I'm really starting to hate this "you must spend ALL YOUR TIME (and/or money) IN OUR GAME to have nice things!" aspect of Neverwinter...

Oh well, maybe next year, if I'm still playing this.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There wasn't much point in making them account-bound if they're only usable by characters that earned them directly...

Gah. Dang Cryptic! Could you write CORRECT friggin' tooltips?!?

I bought my ONE "Bound to ACCOUNT" Protectors Garden Key so ALL my characters could get in.
    NOW, all of a sudden, it's "Bind on pickup" to just that character and EVERY character on my ACCOUNT needs a key?!?

Frack! Frack! FRACK!

Have someone DOUBLE/TRIPLE-CHECK whatever idiot is writing tooltips.

Gah! Playing "hard to like" ... yet again. ...and again. ...and again.

I think for ALL future event items I'm going to have to open a Support Ticket to get VERIFICATION and e-mail proof of what the heck they think it says.

Ash-hats!
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    money money money MMOONNEEY money.
    masizin777 wrote: »
    I had to rewrite my comment on this 3 times. My point is, cryptic will ignore you, even if it was their fault(with the key description). Their profit margin is to high for them need to listen to players.

I like Cryptic and all but they don't need our input to make money, but they do need our make sure they don't lose money... ;)

we don't roll dice here we roll bank rolls
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This post (or the info therein) should have been sticky/bolded... but anyway, it was there. I didn't listen to Elminster or read his text, but they say he explained how it works if you did.

Protector's Garden
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    This is nuts. Should i have had to farm keys for all 9 of my chars?

Do they realize that they've put Hieronymnous Glim up there, so you can't complete the Salvage Operations missions you get when you hit 60?

I figured I'd be able to go into the garden with my GF that just hit 60, since I did not assume that the key would be consumed. Nope. It was gone on my HR. Meh.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    moz81 wrote: »
    This is nuts. Should i have had to farm keys for all 9 of my chars?

Do they realize that they've put Hieronymnous Glim up there, so you can't complete the Salvage Operations missions you get when you hit 60?

Are you quite sure it's not just a clone?

I haven't actually visited the market since I moved operations into the garden, but I'm certain there's still a salvager down there too.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you quite sure it's not just a clone?

I haven't actually visited the market since I moved operations into the garden, but I'm certain there's still a salvager down there too.

It's a clone. He's still in the market, too. (Quorthon must be teaching his everywhere-at-once trick to all the NPCs. ;))
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    Ah, good point. I was just following the glittering line and it wanted me to go up there.

Clones and flying disks... Sounds like an X-Files episode.
  • Options
    tripurantakatripurantaka Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to solve anything, since they don't answer -- to me at least, and to a friend of mine in the same situation. We both had two extra keys (per account) stored in our shared Bank slots for other characters, and they just disappeared at the time of entering into the Garden for the first time.

I submitted a bug ticket because of this, asking for the restoration of my Garden keys, but there is no answer, and even more, the ticket nº isn't useful at all for finding the reported ticket.

Definitely not fun taking the effort to collect so many figurines (15 for each Garden key) for then completely losing the reward without any reason at all.
  • Options
    kiriraskiriras Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Perfect World Employee
    Seriously people learn to read tooltips
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Protector's_Garden_Key
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    I cannot reproduce the issue.

There seems to be a bug that benefits the players. Toons that entered the Garden during the event still have access to it. Maybe I did buy keys with them (not sure), but I stockpiled them in the account shared bank.

However, toons that haven't entered the Garden during the event (or didn't buy a key) need to put the key into their inventory and its correctly consumed when they enter the Garden.