test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 6/26 7am PDT (Pacific) (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow 6/26 at 7 am PDT (Pacific). Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week, just a server restart.

When is this for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

(Update 1 - 7:06 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun.
(Update 2 - 8:02 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same estimated downtime
(Update 3 - 8:24 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing. est downtime hasn't changed. We'll have another update for everyone very soon.
(Update 4 - 9:00 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm curious as to why maintenance is so often scheduled during the last hour(s) of an event? Wouldn't it just be easier to start the event(s) earlier or push out maintenance an hour or so?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    probably it's because the IT people schedule the maintenance, but some other unit (Like, some Player Experience / Storyline Managers / Marketing, or something like that) manages when all the events are, and the two groups don't coordinate very well. Pretty typical corporate left-hand, right-hand thing.
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would be nice to get the time extended to cover any down time that we lost for the event over the last week. :/
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    2 hours for a restart.. i call BS
    There's more than just one game and server to deal with than Neverwinter's. Neverwinter isn't the only game down right now for server maintenance. Best to know about such things before calling, "BS."
  • Options
    rondo5150rondo5150 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    probably it's because the IT people schedule the maintenance, but some other unit (Like, some Player Experience / Storyline Managers / Marketing, or something like that) manages when all the events are, and the two groups don't coordinate very well. Pretty typical corporate left-hand, right-hand thing.
    So does this mean they will extend the event or not. Seems kind of unfair to do this to people. Not the first time this has happened, PLUS I just read that it maybe extended due to unseen.......... Then that means the event will be over when they do come back online. I just recently had to spend extra money to update & upgrade my computer with a new video card etc. Just got everything working great, then they put in this recent event, and all the past problems are back again with rubber-banding and glitches to the point I almost could not play the game again. This tells me it is not my computer it is something in the game that is doing this TO my computer. I had to reinstall all operating systems and stuff and it worked like a new computer for about a week or so. Then came this new event and everything, lets just say my computer took a BIG dump! AGAIN!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rondo5150 wrote: »
    Just got everything working great, then they put in this recent event, and all the past problems are back again with rubber-banding and glitches to the point I almost could not play the game again. This tells me it is not my computer it is something in the game that is doing this TO my computer.

It seems to be the event that caused bad lag , over the past week i have had quite bad lag and latency usually I don't suffer either .

However one weird thing I did notice is that after module 4 was put up for testing my patcher is acting strangely when connecting to the game , before last Friday I would type in my username and password and instantly connect to the game , since last Friday when module 4 went up for testing it takes several seconds to connect and I now get a message saying connecting to the account server , which is weird .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    There's more than just one game and server to deal with than Neverwinter's. Neverwinter isn't the only game down right now for server maintenance. Best to know about such things before calling, "BS."

i do think PWE does a fair nuff job with NW granted my system and its OS are old and do not run NW well ( i get a lot of lag as a result) but they are doing there best with what they have. as he said NW is not the only game they oversee.
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • Options
    ladyfoxlaceladyfoxlace Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My question is, do they take down all servers or just the English speaking ones?
  • Options
    boboss59boboss59 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please use English, as this is an English-only forum - as well, use the proper threads for such feedback. ~Zeb
  • Options
    gogosandwichgogosandwich Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    is it up yet?
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    (It seems to be the event that caused bad lag , over the past week i have had quite bad lag and latency usually I don't suffer either.)

Yeah, i noticed the very same thing.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    is it up yet?
    Estimated is at least 2 hours. Watch the OP of the thread, he will update it with updates - as he's already begun doing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    All production servers. Mimic, I should note, has been up the whole time (which is normal)
  • Options
    elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And here I took the morning off so I could grind out the last little bit I needed for my throne. Very poor timing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance happens every week at the same time. The only difference is sometimes its only 2 hours, sometimes its longer, depending on what needs to be done. It's not poor timing - it happens every week. Not to be too pointed here... but poor timing is setting aside time on Thursday during which the Maintenance Window is scheduled. every week. at the same time. (did I mention it's always at the same time, every week, on Thursday?) Oh, and by the way, it's ALWAYS been this time on Thursday for ALL Cryptic games (CO, STO and NW) going back for years and years, so no one has any reason to be upset at anyone but themselves for forgetting that Thursday morning, at 7AM Pacific time, every week is maintenance time.
  • Options
    tmatses1tmatses1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i love how other games are more organized. do maintenance between 1am and 6 am.. just losing interest
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tmatses1 wrote: »
    i love how other games are more organized. do maintenance between 1am and 6 am.. just losing interest
    Hmm, Thursday's have always been maintenance... at the same time for all Cryptic Games. I'd say that is pretty organized... no no, punctual. That's the word. Besides, you might not know that many games do maintenance later in the day (differing days of course), a little earlier, or around the same time. It's always prime time somewhere. I do not know of any game that does regular maintenance between 1am and 6am my time. Even that new "Elder" game.. they JUST finished their weekly maintenance. Most companies' Maintenance times are usually done according to their employees' work schedules (e.g. their local time).

The best thing to do is to remember that Thursdays, starting at 7:00am Pacific, are maintenance days for all of Cryptic's three games. Maintenance is always scheduled for 2 hours but sometimes takes more or less.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1am to 6am for who? It's a global game. No matter when they do it, it's going to impact someone's play time. Cryptic simply prefers to do their maintenance at times when they have staff in on hand. Rather then doing them at some aweful hour with a skeleton crew.
This discussion has been closed.