test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where are All the Anniversary Missions?

leematonleematon Member Posts: 36
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The title explains it really? With 2 commemorative figurines accumulated thus far I went to Elminster hoping more missions would be available but all he had was the skirmish!

Now I have read there should be up to 5 figurines available every day, so there should be 5 missions. But where are they? At this rate, I'm never going to get my Protectors Garden key. Please help. :(
Post edited by leematon on

Comments

• Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You have to do the skirmish to get the other quests to reset. The skirmish plus the other two gives you a final quest to get two more figurines from the garden, for a total of five.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    But I have done the skirmish. I now have 3 figurines, but when you go up to Elminster there is still nothing available. Just 'skirmish will be unlocked in 20 hours'. I'm getting frustrated.

PS. Thus far I've only done 2 skirmishes and one errand to the Moonstone Mask. Am I missing anything?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Did you go to the garden to collect the two figurines there?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    2 daily tasks (1 figurine each)
    1 skirmish (1 figurine)
    1 protectors garden reward task (for 2 figurines) [task after completing 2 dailies and skirmish]

5 figurines/day
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Elminster gives you four quests on a daily basis:

1: Go-fer quest: Go somewhere, interact with something.
    2: Go-fer quest: Go somewhere else, interact with something.
    3: Protector's Speech Skirmish: Complete the PS Skirmish.

Once you turn those three into Elminster and collect the rewards, he will give you a fourth.

4: Collect "prize" in Protector's Garden.

The prize are two Figurines in the superchest there.

You must complete all four of these before he'll give them again, they have the standard Cryptic Studios 20-Hour Cooldown for dailies. Reiteration: The first three are prerequisite to getting the fourth. You ust complete the fourth before he will offer the first three again (in 20 hours).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I did the skirmish and the errand to the Moonstone Mask. There was another mission given to me but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Even the journal doesn't throw up any clues. I thought it was an errand to the Driftwood Tavern, but when I went there there were no blue markers over any characters.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    leematon wrote: »
    Yeah I did the skirmish and the errand to the Moonstone Mask. There was another mission given to me but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Even the journal doesn't throw up any clues. I thought it was an errand to the Driftwood Tavern, but when I went there there were no blue markers over any characters.

This is probably the one to go into the garden and get the figurines. Go into the garden a open the reward chest.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So in other words, you have to do the skirmish to get any more than two figurines. :(
    I did the two short quests yesterday and when I went back for more, he didn't have any.
    Tried again several times today, but still wont give me any more.
    Sad, if you don't do the skirmish, then you are cut out of the whole event.
    Will just buy a cloak with the two I have and forget the rest of the event.
    Little disappointed, it being the anniversary event.
    Thought it maybe would be a lot of fun, like the winter event.:(

• Options
    borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    So in other words, you have to do the skirmish to get any more than two figurines. :(
    I did the two short quests yesterday and when I went back for more, he didn't have any.
    Tried again several times today, but still wont give me any more.
    Sad, if you don't do the skirmish, then you are cut out of the whole event.
    Will just buy a cloak with the two I have and forget the rest of the event.
    Little disappointed, it being the anniversary event.
    Thought it maybe would be a lot of fun, like the winter event.:(

You don't have to do the skirmish. The event is 6 days, even with the 2 figurines a day without doing the skirmish you are still getting 12 of them by the end of the event. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do the skirmish. It takes about 15 minutes. 3 rounds of fighting different types of baddies. then for completing it you get an extra 1 figurine and another quest for 2 more.

Its up to you if you don't want to participate in the whole event.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    borak2 wrote: »
    You don't have to do the skirmish. The event is 6 days, even with the 2 figurines a day without doing the skirmish you are still getting 12 of them by the end of the event. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do the skirmish. It takes about 15 minutes. 3 rounds of fighting different types of baddies. then for completing it you get an extra 1 figurine and another quest for 2 more.

You can't get more than two figurines without doing the skirmish. They don't reset unless you do them all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Skirmish: my level 12 Wizard has a beeotch of a time (I suspect there are real FPS issues with the new character models/Protector's Enclave/Group Combat/In THAT skirmish) - so I go in, and I'm not on a mount, but as long as I try I am hopeful the other party members aren;t thinking ill of me - even when combat drops to two (2!) frames-per-second. But they carry me through - so you should do the Skirmish no matter what.

(Note to anyone reading this, ESPECIALLY Devs) - I do not suffer this FPS droop on any other character with the old avatar models - only one with the NEW character avatar models, and only in THIS skirmish - but I would file a bug report because it's just too complicated and only temporary).

As for any Elminster Quests in Hem's Hold: Two days in a row I the quest was to meet with a Harper, but when I get there it turns out to be finding a pin (or placing it, whatever) on some dead body - twice in a row - so that quest is bugged (Elminster describes one quest, but you get a completely different quest when getting there).

Either way, you need to do all four quests to get the daily to renew. However, you can still do skirmish all day long to farm the (whatever that other currency is called) to buy transmutes, fashion, etc.).
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014

As for any Elminster Quests in Hem's Hold: Two days in a row I the quest was to meet with a Harper, but when I get there it turns out to be finding a pin (or placing it, whatever) on some dead body - twice in a row - so that quest is bugged (Elminster describes one quest, but you get a completely different quest when getting there).

Either way, you need to do all four quests to get the daily to renew. However, you can still do skirmish all day long to farm the (whatever that other currency is called) to buy transmutes, fashion, etc.).

I've noticed this today, as well; Elminster's audio sometimes doesn't match up to the quest he's giving. (For example, I got the pin-quest VO for the recover-a-satchel thing in the Tower District.) And in one case, when I turned the quests, I got audio as if he were giving me yet another fetch quest.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You can't get more than two figurines without doing the skirmish. They don't reset unless you do them all.

Thankyou for saying what I was trying to say.
    Also it means that if you don't do the skirmish,
    then you are blocked from the mini quests thereafter, on following days.

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I too am not liking having to do the skirmish. If you get with a good group its great but when you get in a bad one and you are carrying the group then it really sucks. I don't mind doing that with my GWF but when I have to carry the group as a DC(did 3 mil dmg with my DC in the skirmish and it took at least a half hour) then it really sucks.

I too was hoping for more along the lines of the summer/winter events.

Also in most games on the anniversary they give you something...free without doing anything. Generally its just a novelty gift but that kind of stuff is fun to have.

They should have put a reset in each day to completely start over with the quests
  • Options
    giam24giam24 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nice but I odnt understand lels
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Concise explanation.
    eldarth wrote: »
    2 daily tasks (1 figurine each)
    1 skirmish (1 figurine)
    1 protectors garden reward task (for 2 figurines) [task after completing 2 dailies and skirmish]

5 figurines/day
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Better explanation.
    Elminster gives you four quests on a daily basis:

1: Go-fer quest: Go somewhere, interact with something.
    2: Go-fer quest: Go somewhere else, interact with something.
    3: Protector's Speech Skirmish: Complete the PS Skirmish.

Once you turn those three into Elminster and collect the rewards, he will give you a fourth.

4: Collect "prize" in Protector's Garden.

The prize are two Figurines in the superchest there.

You must complete all four of these before he'll give them again, they have the standard Cryptic Studios 20-Hour Cooldown for dailies. Reiteration: The first three are prerequisite to getting the fourth. You ust complete the fourth before he will offer the first three again (in 20 hours).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cooldowns in Neverwinter are not 20 hours. Everything resets at 2am PST, provided you've completed all the objectives and turned in.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    15 minutes or less Speed Run is the Gold Standard (150 Renown), when each player knows what to destroy and then kill the BOSS as quickly as possible (4 minutes max for bonus - 3 bonuses gets you Gold), The Bronze standard is try to kill every enemy and take as long as needed (1 hour plus). There is Platinum Standard - Final skirmish, 3 players disconnected and not kicked, 2 players and 2 companions take 45 minutes to whittle down 1 Plaguechanged Maw and Oculus. Result Bronze Reward. Try it if you dare.
    borak2 wrote: »

• Options
    shavaruinshavaruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @user who is upset they are 'cut off from the event' (new to forums, don't know how to quote)

->go to your quest list and abandon the skirmish quest. They will all reset one day later.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cooldowns in Neverwinter are not 20 hours. Everything resets at 2am PST, provided you've completed all the objectives and turned in.

Some dailies are 20-hour cool downs (Such as Elminster event quests) - some are simple daily resets.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    shavaruin wrote: »
    @user who is upset they are 'cut off from the event' (new to forums, don't know how to quote)

->go to your quest list and abandon the skirmish quest. They will all reset one day later.

Erm, sorry but it doesn't happen that way.
    I have 10 characters all of which did the first two small quests, but didn't do the skirmish.
    As has been said, if you don't do the skirmish, then you cant do anymore of anything in the event.
    The first thing I did to try to fix it, was to abandon the skirmish quest, on each character.
    Now the characters have no quests to do and no message to talk to Elminster.
    This is the same every day so far since after the first day.
    When you do try to get the quests from Elminster, he only has the Skirmish quest available. :confused:

So abandoning the Skirmish quest, has no effect whatsoever.

• Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The skirmish is quite easy, if you take these 2 easy steps:

- Follow the party and shoot at whatever other players are shooting at.
    - Don't go around and aggro unnecessary mobs.

As long as you don't wander around, you should be fine. Chances are at least 1 of your party members knows how to do the skirmish properly, so don't panic! :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The game is heading in a Party direction.
    If you don't play in a party then you cant skirmish,
    if you don't skirmish then you cant do the events.
    Looks like eventually you wont be able to do anything good,
    without being in a party.
    I enjoy playing alone, maybe its not everyone's idea of how the game should be played,
    but there a lot of folks who are the same as me.

I have forgotten about the event now and just carrying on with my normal game.
    I enjoy playing Neverwinter very much, especially the fact that you could play it alone,
    so when something comes that you must be in a party for,
    I just ignore it and carry on doing what I like doing. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    The game is heading in a Party direction.
    If you don't play in a party then you cant skirmish,
    if you don't skirmish then you cant do the events.
    Looks like eventually you wont be able to do anything good,
    without being in a party.

Well, this is a MMO (and D&D is made for parties), so yes, though it is possible to do a lot of content solo (all the "heroic" campaign and boons grinding), it makes sense that most stuff is party-based. Actually, most events are party-based (CTAs), only a few have actual solo content (waukeen coins, tymora).
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this game often kinda misses the point that some people dislike parties.

what i would have done is 2 -3 mini quests then garden >maybe< skirmish on 1st day
    maybe have had a 500 renoun could be exchanged for 1 statuette for people who LOVE skirmishes
    but could not do the dayly for some reason. say they showed up late for event.

also everything should be BOE or BOA no BOC. I dont mind queuing for parties but i really dislike
    skirmishes on my GF. im a really really bad tank i die 10-12 times get like 8 kills, my GWF is not much better
    if skirmishes were the optional extra i could just do them all on my mage or hunter or cleric and
    less people doing the skirmish would be like ... our tank is really really bad.

[rant]
    they have a similar disconnect with level 60 content level 60 area content was supposed to be for soloist
    and casual gamers who didnt want to repetedly queue for t2 dungeons, but all the t2 gear is in...
    the faewild/dreadring/icewind party dungeons. its nice to give extra dungeons to the raiders
    but honestly the gear in the classic t2 dungeons is superior so they really have no reason
    other than fashion to raid those anyhow and we all know how concerned raiders are with fashion.

the conclusion is maybe NW is trying to keep the people who came here from wow happy
    by forcing people to team insures there will be people willing to team with them.

but i really hope they do realize they need to make the casual gamer and roleplayers happy
    because rpers buy a lot of fashion and dyes, and soloists will spend a lot of money on AH gear
    and enhancments. and since neither of these groups has time to grind for AD that means they
    are probably the ones buying zen cards.
    [/rant]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I'm not big on playing in parties (in video games) either, but these only last 15 minutes. It's not like you are going to be hanging out with them all week. Don't forget D&D is all about playing in a party, which in PnP is a blast. Just get in,and get out get your loot if that is what you want to do. When dungeoneering, the group can make or break your enjoyment of the dungeon, but with these skirmishes, the pace is so frenetic that you will hardly have any interaction with the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, this is a MMO (and D&D is made for parties), so yes, though it is possible to do a lot of content solo (all the "heroic" campaign and boons grinding), it makes sense that most stuff is party-based. Actually, most events are party-based (CTAs), only a few have actual solo content (waukeen coins, tymora).

Note: this is a general comment to readers at large, not a intended as a direct reply to the quote above, but using it generally as the kind of argument my reply responds to.

MMO does not mean "Group Play". All it means is that there are a lot of people, online, all playing the same game, able to interact with each other. "Multiplayer" does not mean everyone is playing directly with or against each other.

Now, with that said, preferred solo-play may not be for reasons you think. I prefer solo-play, not because I'm anti-social, but because whenever I am in a party for group play my computer chokes, drops FPS to where the animation and movement is choppy. It's still doable, but I'd rather not play at 24-20 FPS if I can avoid it, which is why I choose to not PvP or Dungeon-Delve.

In short: my computer takes a hit when there are too many players with a lot of action on screen at once. THIS is why I prefer solo-play, everyone else may have their own reasons.

As for THIS event: the skirmish happens in Protector's Enclave, which is the "laggiest" (low-occlusion, high polygon count notwithstanding) area in the game and already slows-down people's computers as it is.

However, I basically felt compelled to correct the very notion that "MMO" means "Group-play" in any way, shape, or form. It does't and hence, is a misnomer at best. The argument that because this is an MMO it means it is "supposed be and is designed for group-play" is tired and wrong to begin with.

As for the topic: I have no problems running skirmishes in event (except that apparently the new avatar face model have a real problem with dropping FPS down to 2 FPS for me - but only on the new avatars, not the old ones - hence I reiterate the reason I avoid group-play).

The skirmishes are fun, but can be a bit of a grind. It's really bad when you end-up in an inefficient PUG of people who don't truly know how to work together in parties (even by intuition). This is my only "gripe" with group play. But they are far and few between the generally fun experience I get in PUG Skirmishes.

So as for the OP: I can easily see and understand the avoidance of group-play, and the complaint about it being required to earn the prizes available. However, as stated in the quote above: the idea (of this event, at least) is grouping together to celebrate the anniversary of a great game. Because of this I see no reason against it.
  • Options
    powrslavepowrslave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014

In short: my computer takes a hit when there are too many players with a lot of action on screen at once. THIS is why I prefer solo-play, everyone else may have their own reasons.

Why don't you turn down the Debris objects to 0 and also consider upgrading computer?

Do you play a GF by chance?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    However, I basically felt compelled to correct the very notion that "MMO" means "Group-play" in any way, shape, or form. It does't and hence, is a misnomer at best. The argument that because this is an MMO it means it is "supposed be and is designed for group-play" is tired and wrong to begin with.

We can argue a generic MMO might not be party-based by default, and I can agree, especially those with lots of shades of grey where you're not supposed to be a hero, but you can be a lonely pirate, a smuggler, a trader, a miner/crafter, a spy or pursue some different objective (Eve Online first comes to my mind), but I can't accept that argument for D&D/NW. The only thing you can be in NW is a mighty hero, defending Neverwinter from its enemies, and doing so with the help of other heroes.

This is by game design: you can't gank people, you mostly can't trade properly (as there is nowhere to haul goods, since they are all accessible everywhere), you can't really craft anything useful since the best equipment items are drops and useful consumables are found on vendors or during events, and you can't really steer from the storyline that wants you to defeat major villains in party play. And this comes from an old p&p tradition where people didn't play alone, gameplay didn't revolve around trading or crafting but mostly adventuring, parties were seldom evil and players would band together "for greater good".