test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So from what I'm hearing...

lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
From what I've been hearing... Casters are going to get major nerfs this coming mod4. Increased casting times, major nerfs to overall damage, and still squishy as heck. We're going to get... A fixed Repel and the ability to perma-hold any class that can't break out of holds via an ability like Unstoppable or ITC. That sounds nice enough I suppose.. Oh wait. Most times in PvP Domination matches, it's the gang-up that tends to win fights. So how does being able to lock down one character (if they don't have something that'll break them out of said hold) help during matches? Also, consider that they'll probably "fix" this supposed perma-hold before it goes live. So we'll end up with.. /drumroll A fixed Repel!

My understanding was that casters were Controllers 1st, then Strikers 2nd. So we're just going to drop the 2nd part then?

Rangers are getting major changes that'll make them harder than ever to contend with.

Barbarians are getting major nerfs which will cause a lot of tears with the FotM crowd.

Clerics are getting a minor buff.

Fighters and rogues aren't changing?

So what I'm wondering is, are the major nerfs to casters due to the coming of the new class? Scourge Warlock? If so, are characters that are adversely affected going to get a respec token for everything all the way down to class?

I know, I know. A LOT of people are going to go off about how this is a F2P game and we aren't owed a single blessed thing. Consider though, a LOT of people have put time, effort, and real life cash into the game. Time IS money. EFFORT/labor is money. Real life cash is money. So I think anyone that's put in 1 or more of those things deserves something in recompense. I've been playing since beta, I've farmed/done the grind to get my gear, I invested in the game by putting down $200 for the starter pack. A LOT of other people have done the same, if not more. We ARE owed something. And I'm not talking some cheapo 2 peridots per day kind of owed either. Nor some cheapy title and lame cloak kind of owed either. You're talking MAJOR changes to classes. Not single small changes. Major changes that turn the characters that a lot of people have come to enjoy/care for, into characters that totally aren't what they were when they first started.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
"Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
Post edited by lady808 on

Comments

• Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2014
    well they try to make each class more useful in pvp and pve
    so they decided for example to make the mage less pve god and boost a bit in pvp from what i hear (?)
    gwf the opposite (continuing the mod 3 change)
    gf im not really sure but from what i heard he remains useless - i hope not
    dc clearly a healer
    hr again lower him in pvp and small boost in pve maybe
    finally tr they do nothing so he remains useless in pve and a god in pvp as he was designed too which is a pitty but thats the companys decission unfortunately
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    From the looks of it they want the CW to be the primary controler and secondary DPS in delves. Rather than primary DPS. It looks like the archery spec HR will be primary DPS but I cannot say as preview crashes every time I try to log into it.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you went onto preview you would know this is all going to change, everything has been both buffed or nerfed to an extreme level and no doubt will be balanced out. Just take a look at guardians. its far too early to predict what the outcome will be, and looks like a new class is coming too. TR changes yet to be announced. We honestly don't know. And that perma stun for wizards will not stay either.

One thing i can predict is that the scourge warlock is going to be the new debuffer dps. Because they stripped almost all the group debuff from CWs.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lady808 wrote: »
    Barbarians are getting major nerfs which will cause a lot of tears with the FotM crowd.

Fighters and rogues aren't changing?

Technically, the barbarian is a fighter (I'm assuming you mean the GWF). Both the GF and GWF are fighters and both are getting changes. If you honestly want to see the current changes, just go directly to the patch notes... http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692671-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140616d-2 However, yes, the rogue has no current changes and I think they aren't getting touched this module since they don't have the bandwidth for it (according to a dev post shown here)

Also:

Such a great buff, right?
    • Chains of Blazing Light: The tooltip will now correctly show how much damage this power will deal.
    That's literally the only thing so far :).
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    From the looks of it they want the CW to be the primary controler and secondary DPS in delves. Rather than primary DPS. It looks like the archery spec HR will be primary DPS but I cannot say as preview crashes every time I try to log into it.

Good catch. That was my impression as well.

Seemingly the role has been more strictly, and extremely diversified so the Control Wizard is primarily the controller (although nerfed in PvE efficiency in terms of the size and scope of AoE/group control), whereas the really straight-up, hurts-like-hell ranged DPS has gone to Archery HRs....

My guess is the central role of any team PvP might shift over to the CW-HR team-ups, with heavy melees doing the support role. Any melees closing in would perpetually be repelled and rooted by CW-HR focus, the GWF/GFs then go dispatch it while the CW-HR team-up then shifts to controlling/focusing the enemy CW-HR + DCs... and I'd venture a guess the TR would then be expected to disrupt the enemy CW-HRs to make it happen ... that is, if the TRs are nerfed so perma-contesting nodes becomes undesirable/impossible.

Personally, I am expecting something just a 'shocking' as the GWFs received, will probably be underway to TRs. But if it get rids of the perm/semi-perm method and gives TRs some worthy tools to use during visible combat, I'd still be happy about it. If it just gets rid of perm/semi-perms but doesn't compensate in any way... then what a drag it'd be. LOL
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The pure archery tree does not offer much in the way of control. Looking at the Trapper feats they might turn roots inot a real control power. Maybe combined with the rooting on the DL set. But you'd sacrafice a lot of DPW by doing so.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The changes as you see them now are NOT final , there will be many changes between now and module 4 going live .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    The pure archery tree does not offer much in the way of control. Looking at the Trapper feats they might turn roots inot a real control power. Maybe combined with the rooting on the DL set. But you'd sacrafice a lot of DPW by doing so.

Hence, role-diversification. Either you build the HR into a ranged DPS-nuker with weak controls, or you buff up the CC aspect but give up on a lot of the damage.

Not sure what the melee-buffed Combat path is supposed to do, though.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The HR melee is very good DPS AOE capable, and lesser good single target DPS... probable the devs have reserved the best melee single target DPS role for TRs... and DCs and TRs are also 2 special classes and I think the devs have planning the module 4 balance in 2 phases:

first phase for GFs, GWFs, CWs and HRs and the second phase for DCs and TRs (and maybe the new class warlock) with their balance adjusted over the 4 classes of the first phase... after the first batch of tests.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The changes as you see them now are NOT final , there will be many changes between now and module 4 going live .

I really hope so. Not really liking the mess that is the GF right now, or the GWF (you can't "learn to move" when the wicked strike rubberband bug has not been fixed, at least for IV). I honestly don't know what I will be using for PvE or PvP, if anything, after this hot, rushed mess drops. I have all classes, but still..

Not that I am singing The Doom Song, or anything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I really hope so. Not really liking the mess that is the GF right now

Same here but with CW , I know that this perma freeze build is supposed to be really good for pvp but the other two paths have been badly nerfed although i must admit that due to work I have not managed to do much testing yet so maybe I'll get a better feel for what they are trying to achieve when I can get a few hours of unbroken play in , right now I feel like they are trying to force us into a certain paragon path which isn't very good for me since I love my spellstorm renegade , and don't get me started about that godam casting times...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    The HR melee is very good DPS AOE capable, and lesser good single target DPS... probable the devs have reserved the best melee single target DPS role for TRs... and DCs and TRs are also 2 special classes and I think the devs have planning the module 4 balance in 2 phases:

first phase for GFs, GWFs, CWs and HRs and the second phase for DCs and TRs (and maybe the new class warlock) with their balance adjusted over the 4 classes of the first phase... after the first batch of tests.

I'm not really sure about that. What is really noticeable about these line of changes in the preview shard, is that it;

(a) aims for a distinct role-diversification between different classes
    (b) aims for a distinct role-diversification inside the classes itself

The prime example of (a) would be how the CWs -- with the exception of some PvE elements like the number of influenced mobs with AoEs -- have been quite strengthened in terms of control-capabilities, at the price of reduced damage. In contrast, of the 3 different HR feat paths the one that leaves an immediate impression even if you just read the patch notes, is just how much Archery got buffed in terms of damage.

The example for (b) would be GWFs -- if these line of changes will come live, then the Sentinels would be the one true 'tank' path as they will retain the old Unstoppable damage reduction, whereas non-Sentinels will have only 1/5th of defense capacity of Sentinels in exchange for current levels of damage.... as well as their control capacity overall has been weakend -- although chain CCing will be possible, at least they will not be prones.

If these line of changes will carry over to TRs, my hunch is that the three different feat paths of Saboteuer, Scoundrel and Executioner will be each more distinctly divided in terms of role. I'm guessing;

* Saboteuer: Probably will have similar levels of stealth as it is now, at the cost of even more reduced damage, emphasizing in survival and infiltration

* Scoundrel: Probably will have greatly strengthened CCs or utility powers to become even more tricky.. perhaps a boost to all TR CC powers...

* Executioner: The straight-up melee glass-cannon DPS-nuker build... maybe.

In any case, like I've mentioned before I'm expecting a line of "shocking" changes, perhaps as much as the GWF core-mechanic was changed. For non Sentinels, Unstoppable is not much more than a CC immunity, no super-tanky mode anymore. Perhaps stealth will be changed like that too.. unless Saboteuers, will be just confined to maybe 6~7 seconds max with perhaps no full stealth-refills.

It'd be interesting to see, that's for sure.
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What? Where? Who? A tooltip change is a buff?!?! Or do you know something I don't?
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I love the warped perception of TRs by so many people, largely in response to nothing being done about them. When you get owned by a TR that is semi or perma stealth there is a 95% chance that the TR smoking you is totally out-gearing and out playing you.

Good CWs in pvp know how to fight TRs.

Back to original topic. I think a ton of people are getting overly excited about all of this stuff. Much of it is going to change before it is pushed to live.

Sorry to bring always dc in the discussion. But how should a dc go against a tr? dc just wait for the tr op daily of the day and then wait for the res.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

If it just gets rid of perm/semi-perms but doesn't compensate in any way... then what a drag it'd be. LOL

and mr kweassa finaly admits defeat.
    hes out of ideas and finaly going to play perma.hehehe

or continue being a drag lol
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I love the warped perception of TRs by so many people, largely in response to nothing being done about them. When you get owned by a TR that is semi or perma stealth there is a 95% chance that the TR smoking you is totally out-gearing and out playing you.

Good CWs in pvp know how to fight TRs.

Back to original topic. I think a ton of people are getting overly excited about all of this stuff. Much of it is going to change before it is pushed to live.

The same is true to some extent with HRs. Remember when nobody would invite a HR for delves. Like LFG NO HR! Most re-specced for PVP and retired it as a PVE toon. Because nobody can stop you from Queing PVP. Look whenever you get into a match with someone who is specced for PVP and does nothing but PVP you are going to get rolled.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only Oppressors are getting any sort of "buff", and then mostly MoF Oppressors. Few people play those, especially in PvE.Then they still have less damage, fewer targets, and longer cooldowns, which equals less control and survivability.

All of this just to make room for a new subclass, which should be a paragon path instead?
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It looks like they're turning a lot of dials at once...
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    and mr kweassa finaly admits defeat.
    hes out of ideas and finaly going to play perma.hehehe

or continue being a drag lol

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

Not surprising, considering your lack of intellect. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

Not surprising, considering your lack of intellect. :rolleyes:

nice comback lol
    i have yet to see you in pvp which page are u on
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nice comback lol
    i have yet to see you in pvp which page are u on

You do know even if you win you can still potentially go down in rank on the leaderboard, no not from people going higher during the match but physically losing rank the second the game ends. So have fun with that leaderboard insult, the leaderboards are either glitched or they aren't very well thought out
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    You do know even if you win you can still potentially go down in rank on the leaderboard, no not from people going higher during the match but physically losing rank the second the game ends. So have fun with that leaderboard insult, the leaderboards are either glitched or they aren't very well thought out

its not abouth the rank but the number of matches he played.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    its not abouth the rank but the number of matches he played.

And why in the royal heck, would you want to see the scoreboards of an ol' casual player who plays 6 games a day at most in 100% PuGs? Not even a single game played with any "friends" who can protect your back or coordinate with you, and all games as single, individual player in random PuG.

I haven't even played for last three weeks due to hard work shifts, unlike some college boy or has-no-life kiddies who can play for what, 10 hours a day with their favorite premade dudes either as a full-team or 2-man/3-man premades and then go claim "hey, that's not a premade"?

Even better -- what the heck is the relevance, lol?

Here's a tip. If you've got a grudge for being steamrolled over in a heated debate of words and keyboards, then take it out in the forums that happened, instead of linger around in a post-thread full of third-persons and then silently spread ill intent like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gas dumped by someone in the office.

If anything, it just shows petty your being is.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't worry about it, f2pma hasn't had one intelligible constructive post. Not one.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    u just angry kweassa coz all your builds are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so u dont play anymore.
    it realy must hurt a lot to theory craft for months on forum with no result.
    same time rustlord made viable non perma tr.
    so it was possible but not for you lol.
    what waist of time lol.you dont play u dont theory craft anymore u just spam <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on forum.
    and then u finaly ask for a tr buff lolol.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't worry about it, f2pma hasn't had one intelligible constructive post. Not one.

everyone in school said you are stupid.and realy bad in pvp.

well thats the level you can understand lol
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Only Oppressors are getting any sort of "buff", and then mostly MoF Oppressors. Few people play those, especially in PvE.Then they still have less damage, fewer targets, and longer cooldowns, which equals less control and survivability.
    You realise that part of the reason for these changes is to make builds that 'few people play' more viable and attractive, right?

Also - I copied my MoF Thaum to Test last night and respecced into Oppressor. I do MORE damage with tons of control. Mod 4 MoF Oppressor is a real buff in all respects.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    u just angry kweassa coz all your builds are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so u dont play anymore.
    it realy must hurt a lot to theory craft for months on forum with no result.
    same time rustlord made viable non perma tr.
    so it was possible but not for you lol.
    what waist of time lol.you dont play u dont theory craft anymore u just spam <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on forum.
    and then u finaly ask for a tr buff lolol.

You have this nasty habit of taking in stuff from these forums only when it suits you, and then simply remain ignorant to the rest of the context of things. If you've actually taken time to read what I've wrote (...and I've been writing about many things for a long time...), there is no way that you can put up that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

■ You don't have a clue as to what I've been saying about TRs
    ■ You don't have a clue as to what I've been claiming as necessary nerfs and buffs for TRs
    ■ You don't have a clue as to what I've professed to be the 'better' direction for TR changes

You've never actually read, or paid attention to any of what I've been saying about anything. All you've been doing in the TR forums is show up during discussions and then spew crappy 3~4 sentence garbages which nobody likes, and then get thoroughly bashed for it and then disappear.

...and of course, *facepalm* then decide to follow around someone you hold a grudge against, and then try the same stuff again in open forums where everyone is watching. Good plan. *rolleyes* :rolleyes: Why couldn't you have just started this pi*sing contest in the TR forums where it was relevant? Did you really have to follow me here just to say that? ROFL

Petty, dude. Really.

Keep on doing what you do, because this is about the last post I bother everyone else with irrelevant personal stuff. If you want to get bashed some more, start it at the TR forums.

*shakes head* Just unbelievable. But then, that's just what cowards do.

* Now returning to our regularly scheduled program *
This discussion has been closed.