test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon - Cloak Tower: Bugged, unable to progress.

clarkeuxclarkeux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
In cloak tower after clearing the maze. The trail that leads to a wall which is before the next "Mini-Boss".
The wall just stays there. If any further information is needed feel free to ask, this is happening in 10 of the 11 dungeons I joined for this place.

Screenshot below.
5H5iT.jpg
5.jpg
"All shall burn before the hellfire I rain unto my Foes"
Post edited by clarkeux on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Yep, that has been happening since beta. Long standing unfixed bug, sadly.
  • clarkeuxclarkeux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hold on, really? I must have run this place at least 30-40 times since then and never seen this.
    If that is the case though then it seems that it is an unfortunate issue with the LFG tool and rotating people through this one bugged instance. Since it almost always has slots to be filled due to people leaving because of the bug, causing a big circle of derp.
    Perhaps then, there should be a "Flag this instance as broken" button or a "Vote to Restart" feature in the LFG tool?
    5.jpg
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you kill the 2nd boss (the one before the red garden)? The patch notes said something about every boss needs to be killed now
  • clarkeuxclarkeux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I went back personally and made sure it wasn't there. Either it wasn't killed and has now despawned or it was killed and the wall is, still, bugged.
    5.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    clarkeux wrote: »
    Hold on, really? I must have run this place at least 30-40 times since then and never seen this.

Yes, it's intermittent, and really annoying. I have been playing since beta.. it happened to me in beta, and maybe twice since then (I don't do many T1s). The first time it happened, the group spent a while looking for switches we'd missed, but nope, something just failed to work.

A lot of instances have random progress blocking problems- hell, Valindra's tower has one where the switch on the wall just before the second boss can vanish, if you wipe between that barrier and the next campfire, rendering the instance impossible to complete..
    edited December 2013
    I wonder why it is happening so often now, perhaps the LFG tool is just having a hard time dealing with the million and one HR's that are rolling through atm. Ah well, I passed it and am now into CC anyway so all is well, for me at least.
    5.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Is it more frequent now than before? Maybe it's related to changes intended to stop people sending TRs to run to later campfires, letting the group skip most of the instance?
  • granexgranex Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2013
    same happened metoo 3times ct
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its not just in LFG teams after a few bugged queues i made a manual team as did a friend of mine we both ran them perfectly even had all gems/flowers we were both bugged we even killed ravenous guy.
  • sirkallathsirkallath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone know of any attempt to have this issue resolved? love how it makes me all fuzzy inside when its there for the 4th time in a row...
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Initially like many people I thought this was an LFG bug caught in a loop, however this is not confined to LFG tool, I tried a manual entry with party. We cleared our way right upto the infamous WALL OF FRUSTRATION, and it would still not open.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've heard in several groups that it's caused by more than 1 person clicking on the wall at the same time to open it.
    Whether that's true or not, I dont know.
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I've heard in several groups that it's caused by more than 1 person clicking on the wall at the same time to open it.

I ran this dungeon a few days ago with a premade and were VERY conscious of having only one player activating the door and it worked. i firmly believe that this is the issue, as the entrance to the CC boss does the same, if you are walking towards the door (pushing against it) you will get stuck outside while everyone else goes in.
  • mastersolommastersolom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've notice there's a bug when you queue for it you start off before the labyrinth with no monsters, and the second objective active. This is a problem because the first half of the quest is acted as it is done already. I noticed they did remove the switches on the gates in the labyrinth and that the final one is already raised. You can play up to the infamous wall with monsters and first boss by entering The Cloak Towers front door in Tower District. Some mention about the switches got me wandering about the door. Also the second objective to kill the Second mini-boss in the Botanical Garden is completely missing (I BET THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM), but Idk either way I hope its fixed soon!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also the second objective to kill the Second mini-boss in the Botanical Garden is completely missing (I BET THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM), but Idk either way I hope its fixed soon!

Actually, that's always been an optional boss. He's off the Tinkerbell trail, and you miss the bonus chest at the end if you don't get his mushroom, but that's the price of not exploring. He's not an objective at all.

There were issues in Respen's game if multiple players pushed on the dungeon doors at once, but it was always resolved by everyone backing off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • deelezdeelez Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    It is bugged i kill everyone in dungeon and the wall is locked, if u miss the boss (where you can find mushroom) and go to the wall you will stack, if you return and kill everyone it won't help.
    Image before killing : http://s.ics.upjs.sk/~dszabari/Bug.png
    After killing i disconected... som i do not take image, but i log in and i was out, if i take image, where i can prove that i kill everyone becouse u will se all damage taken and calculate if everyone die.
  • souwayliersouwaylier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That bug is so random. I've just tried to complete Cloak Tower quest (solo) twice in a row and the wall was locked both times I tried. This can't be that hard to fix. Seriously, this is frustrating.
  • floweringicefloweringice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    souwaylier wrote: »
    That bug is so random. I've just tried to complete Cloak Tower quest (solo) twice in a row and the wall was locked both times I tried. This can't be that hard to fix. Seriously, this is frustrating.

I have having in constant for the last two days. Worst I have been imported after all of the monsters have been killed and left as the only play shortly before the door.

I cannot even submit a bug report because I does not seem to take.
  • souwayliersouwaylier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, just done it another 2 times, the wall is still closed. I've done anything that could've been done in CT; what a waste of time. Btw Cloak Tower quest doesn't show up in my quest log, which is weird (only visible on right side of screen when I'm in CT but still not in quest log).
  • pratetor9999pratetor9999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been trying to do this quest solid all weekend, like 17 hours total Friday and Saturday, never completed it. Always got stuck at the wall of frustration. I submitted a trouble ticket but it was like number 2 million 600 thousand or something so not sure when this will get fixed.
    edited April 2014

It may be another way to trigger it, but it's certainly not the only way. You can get this bug when soloing the dungeon for achievements, too.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is the epic version of CT effected as well?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited April 2014
    Is the epic version of CT effected as well?

Yes, this also affects epic CT.
  • fireandice00fireandice00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just tryed this dungeon again after i reported it broken over a week ago went with good group we only had one person to try door we had killed all including second boss and the door still did'nt open its the first dungeon a new player will see in this game and its broken why would the stay to play anymore this should be a urgent fix not something to get around to sometime
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Replying with the rumor "fix" going around.

Supposedly if only one person is designated to open the doors, and the rest of the party stands back as they do so then all doors in the Cloak Tower are openable for whatever reason.

This has been likened to the "bug" in the Dread Ring where sharing some of the dailies can result in them remaining incomplete or getting bugged if TWO people are picking up the components for them. The solution there was both players (or up to all five people) in the party drop the quest, everyone go back and get it again, and the ONE assigned person is the one that picks up the components to complete the daily.

Something in the coding reading between an individual player, and a party's actions. :shrugs:

THAT IS THE CURRENT RUMOR! This is not a guaranteed fix.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • redice611redice611 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello All,

(I posted this under http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?640441-Cloak-Tower-Door-Bug&p=8197011&posted=1#post8197011) I think I have the solution to your woes.

There are two ways to enter The Clock Tower. The first is by way of the Quest Queuing system. The second is to walk up to the front door of The Clock Tower with a party of 5 and enter together.

The best way to avoid the glitch is to walk up to the front door of The Clock Tower with a party of 5 and enter through the front doors.

I figured this out the second time I teleported into the last part of the instance that led to the wall. I was surprised that on a separate attempt I was able to walk through the maze and arrive at the wall without so much as a rat coming out to greet me. So I did what any self-respecting Great Weapon Fighter would do. I went to pick a fight.

I travelled all the way back to the beginning of the instance with no respawns or mobs... as if the entire instance had been beaten already. Obviously, the game was not going to allow me to get credit for not going through the instance.

So I ran back to the Tower District, walked up to the door found a Party and tried to go through the door... and I queued up again. I knew this was wrong, but the game wouldn't allow me to remove myself from the queue.

At this point, I kicked all my new buddies from the Party logged out, logged back in, told my Party members to wait for me, ran through Tower District and came to the front doors of, added them back to my party where I was Leader and proceeded to go through the doors....

... with NO QUEUING...

and was greeted by the frenzied attacks of several Orcs and Shamans. We then proceeded to lay down the law, take names and chew our bubblegum. We massacred the boss fights and all was right with the world of Neverwinter.

Lesson learned: Stop trying to cheat the game and get your XP the right way. GO THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR!!

-Red