test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF PVP M3 2set peice Black Ice

brotherhopebrotherhope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Rate, comment and SUB. I love constructive Criticism.

<< pvp videos need to be reviewed and approved by the community team before being posted in the forums - please review the stickied thread at the top of this forum >>

~Brotherhope
Post edited by brotherhope on

Comments

• pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Literally stopped the video and closed the tab when I saw ROAR slotted in your tray

:/
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Literally stopped the video and closed the tab when I saw ROAR slotted in your tray

LOL

Was goint to say the same thing after I watched a piece of the video >.>
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    LOL

Was goint to say the same thing after I watched a piece of the video >.>

xD yeah

A very impressive thing to see would be a REAL GWF (SwordMaster, not the stolen paragon) owning without using broken/borrowed powers like Threatening Rush, FrontLine Surge and Indomitable Battle Strike. Now that would be nice to watch.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bad music + roar.... im done
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What's wrong with ROAR?
    I've been told, numerously I might add, that it's a skill and using it is ok by all means.

Now you say you don't like it?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    urd01 wrote: »
    What's wrong with ROAR?
    I've been told, numerously I might add, that it's a skill and using it is ok by all means.

Now you say you don't like it?

Roar - the ability, that interrupts, pushes back a bit and silences for ~2 seconds maximum of 5 targets in a cone.

Before Module 2 was used to reach ranged targets as there were no other way to do that pre-IronVanguard-GWF era. It had 10-12sec CD with very low damage. Combined with low damage Takedown and average damage IBS it was not overpowered by any means.

After Module 2, GWF's were given Threatening Rush, that eliminated the need of Roar, which was replaced by Frontline Surge, that had 5 times more damage, more range and easier to use.

After Module 3, Roar, due to numerous overbuffs in Destroyer tree, has 6.5-7.5 seconds CD with high damage. Another problem - it interrupts immune targets (stops Duelist's Flurry, movement, dodging etc). All that combined together with insane GWF natural tankiness and overbuffed Takedown and IBS make Roar a very cheesy move, that players can barely counter.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    mehguy, you forgot the 2 most annoying things about the bugged roar. It roots+dazes you for 2 sec and can also put some powers on full CD. This full CD will be invisible and you will have no idea of when you can use it again.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    mehguy, you forgot the 2 most annoying things about the bugged roar. It roots+dazes you for 2 sec and can also put some powers on full CD. This full CD will be invisible and you will have no idea of when you can use it again.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Roar - the ability, that interrupts, pushes back a bit and silences for ~2 seconds maximum of 5 targets in a cone.

But yeah, I forgot to mention that 1 min CD bug.

That said, you can be called a cheater for using this now, and it would be deserved.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh so you mean GWF's are exploiting known bugs using roar as much as this guy does in his video?

That's awful!

I'm sure they are fixing that as we speak if that's so.
    edited June 2014
    Developers should just remove Iron Vanguard from GWF's, seriously.

A GWF sacrifices a shield to deal more damage, and they give them abilities with invisible shields? I seriously can't believe it's been around since module 2 and never looked at.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What did you expect, really? They just swapped the paths, obviously couldn't be bothered making new animations.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well done, you learned how to defeat 8k gs players.
    why all get excited about this topic.
    and gwf`s..
    it`s usualy just a mather of gear, see it all day people unhappy with gwf`s but just because they don`t see the gear and maybe they need some respec themselves a bit
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

Why people have so much hate against roar? Good GWF would beat things without roar and even spec back to Sentinel tree as long as no one use broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It really seems to me that people just need a excuses to cry. Everytime they die they are like oh you win cause you have broken roar, but can they actually win if GWF doesn't use roar?
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    After Module 2, GWF's were given Threatening Rush, that eliminated the need of Roar, which was replaced by Frontline Surge, that had 5 times more damage, more range and easier to use.

This.
    Stealing IV from GF is the one and only cause of all the issues with gwf and pvp. And unfortunately, chances are devs will keep nerfing this and buffing that in a vain attempt of balancing the un-balançable, instead of actually addressing the issue by creating a proper, dedicated gwf path.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What did you expect, really? They just swapped the paths, obviously couldn't be bothered making new animations.

They didn't just swap the paths? They buffed the hell out of it too... I would love to have some of those abilities!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why people have so much hate against roar? Good GWF would beat things without roar and even spec back to Sentinel tree as long as no one use broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It really seems to me that people just need a excuses to cry. Everytime they die they are like oh you win cause you have broken roar, but can they actually win if GWF doesn't use roar?

Thats why? You said it yourself! GWf could beat them without using exploits / bugged powers... It'd be like boxing Mike Tyson but before the round started he put extra weight in his gloves just to make it easier.

"It really seems to me that people just need a excuses to cry. Everytime they die " play another class then, show us how fun it is to be stomped by GWFs, I bet you last 2 weeks and then hope back on the gravy train!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Everytime they die they are like oh you win cause you have broken roar, but can they actually win if GWF doesn't use roar?

Probably not. Roar is just bugged and broken. But GWF is OP beyond Roar in its natural working-as-intended state.
    Another problem - it interrupts immune targets (stops Duelist's Flurry, movement, dodging etc).

This to me is the dealbreaker. You can't have a skill CC-ing people in CC-immune states. It makes counterplay impossible.

But it is getting fixed. At some point... I think they announced it was bugged and had a fix lined about a month ago.
    It'd be like boxing Mike Tyson but before the round started he put extra weight in his gloves just to make it easier

LOL, yes this is a good analogy for GWFs using Roar currently.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    Bad music + roar.... im done

someones mad they cant counter.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    QQ MOAR ABOUT GWF's.

HR is Currently the most OP class in the game, Most survivability, Most sustained DMG, and Best manuverability.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    QQ MOAR ABOUT GWF's.

HR is Currently the most OP class in the game, Most survivability, Most sustained DMG, and Best manuverability.

Man you got a serious boner for GWFs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2014
    Hi, despite using roar... I actually kinda liked the video

"One man's food is another man's poison"

Anyway, what build to you use? Can you please post it here or is it like a secret? I'm quite interested :)
    edited June 2014
    Meh this video shows really no skill whatsoever, (not talking about the class) im talking about the way hes playing his toon is just too basic. If you look at other Pro (End Game pvp) GWF's like Gannicus,Steamroller,Mjolnir etc.... You can tell the major skill differences between this and those.

But its a cute video at the least :) a few IBS crits here and there.
  • brotherhopebrotherhope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hahahahah so many people so salty! NURF IT!!! Ill find other combinations ;-)
    edited June 2014
    thanks to to the supporters took me 20hrs to crop that video., I'm just getting started..TROLLS #GETATME Say something stupid on my channel that's not constructive and I will ban you.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    someones mad they cant counter.

From other thread, you mentioned easily being able to beat 18K GS GWF on your CW. I was wondering if you would share your strategy when all 3 16k+ GWF on other team focus on you and RoaR, etc. THank you
    edited June 2014
    @squirtlejiggly na no secret bro I usually make a video with a new build,then make another one showing the build. next video I will be showing off this build then moving on to sword master, in the next video. Yes roar is awesome IMO OP or not. Inbox me in game @brotherhope and ill give you my current build out.
    Hi, despite using roar... I actually kinda liked the video

"One man's food is another man's poison"

Anyway, what build to you use? Can you please post it here or is it like a secret? I'm quite interested :)
    edited June 2014
    LOL it was designed like that in M3 how exactly is that exploiting? Yes it will more then likely will get nurfed in the future for providing to much CC and fast CD. We will see.
    urd01 wrote: »
    Oh so you mean GWF's are exploiting known bugs using roar as much as this guy does in his video?

That's awful!

I'm sure they are fixing that as we speak if that's so.
    edited June 2014
    If you manage to make a PVP video rocking kills in SwordMaster paragon I would watch all of it and probably subscribe.

Iron Vanguard is always the same repetitive broken BS which is boring. SwordMaster has no at-will gap closers and no front line surge. So it's a little bit more challenging I'm betting.
    edited June 2014
    Rock on man the only reason I even go Iron guard is for treating rush gap closer, regarless if Roar is op now. Although I'm at the point with my GWF after a year of playing I'm really confident I can make Sword master awesome.
    If you manage to make a PVP video rocking kills in SwordMaster paragon I would watch all of it and probably subscribe.

Iron Vanguard is always the same repetitive broken BS which is boring. SwordMaster has no at-will gap closers and no front line surge. So it's a little bit more challenging I'm betting.
    edited June 2014
    Rock on man the only reason I even go Iron guard is for treating rush gap closer, regarless if Roar is op now. Although I'm at the point with my GWF after a year of playing I'm really confident I can make Sword master awesome.

If you make a video rocking kills using Takedown, Flourish, and Indomitable then you'll have my respect xD
This discussion has been closed.