test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Effective PVP moveset for an hybrid pathfinder HR, please?

jilwsjilws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Wilds
Hi everyone,
I know lots of people have already asked for similar things, but I can't seem to find a decent moveset for my HR.
I'm doing fine in PVE, but unfortunately things are different in PVP :( .

At the moment I am trying this moveset:

At-wills: Rapid Shot, Hunter's Teamwork (sometimes though I switch to Split Shot, instead of Hunter's Teamwork)
Encounters: Thorn Ward, Marauder's Escape, Fox Cunning (the latter are great in Melee especially, IMO)
Actives: Aspect of the Serpent, Aspect of the Falcon
Dailies: Forest Meditation, Disruptive Shot (OR Slasher's Mark)

Any suggestion is more than welcome ! :)
Post edited by jilws on

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks ok. How tanky are you - ie. Do you die a lot..? If you're squishy swap out aspect of falcon for lone wolf for instant armor. Hunters teamwork is reasonably fast at range, so I'd swap rapid for aimed - bleed in melee and high damage at range.

If you want yet more defence swap fox for boars. Nice prone on melee too. Stick with fox though if you run barkshield, or a purified black ice enchant, they pretty much do the same job. Note with fox as a finisher, make sure there are no other enemies close to your target, or it will hit them all, and reduce your damage to the principle.

I run pathfinders action for deflect and movement bonus with frequent disruptive, and forest ghost, though meditation is something I'm thinking about, or slashers mark. Both seem very situational though, whereas a bit of cheap stealth is more generally useful.

That said, be aware this isn't a high dps burst rotation of moves. You need to hit and run, harry your opponent, and wear them down. The dots you'll put on them will screw their regen, and they will slowly but certainly die, but only if you stay alive in the mean time. As a basic guide, marauder in, knock them down, aim strike, careful attack, thorn strike, marauder out and hit them from range with whatever you've got. Lay a thornward over the area between them and you.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jilwsjilws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yes I actually die a lot, that is my main problem...
    I had never considered Aimed Shot (due to its relatively slow charging and the rather high chance of someone interrupting you, I never tried it in pvp, but I surely will :) ). I will also try all the swaps you suggested ^^ .
    As for the dailies, there was a time I used to cast Forest Ghost but honestly I gave it up, I can't cope with it :/ I often found the stealth useless (not stopping the aggro or not letting me enough time to charge an Aimed Shot completely, for example).
    I'm gonna work on the move cycles as well :) thanks a lot!
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm full Archer spec but mostly play a hybrid style. I run:

Hunter's Teamwork/Careful Attack
    Aimed Shot/Strike

Constricting Arrow/Steel Breeze
    Thorn Ward/Strike
    Binding Arrow/Oak Skin

Forest Meditation
    Disrupting Arrow

Aspect of the Lone Wolf
    Pathfinder's Action

Rotation is CC with Binding and Constricting Arrow, CA and AS on target, drop a TW, scamper around healing as required with OS and FM, refresh attacks as required. Throw out the odd DA to proc PA if I need the deflect or run speed. Works great against melee. For ranged I swap in Hindering Shot and just go ranged DPS.

You can use Boar's instead of Binding but I prefer the ranged attack and the heal to the short range prone and mitigation stacks. Personal preference only - either works.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm a hybrid feats build taking from both archer and melee, with no capstone feats. High regen and deflect. 33% armor, 33-45% deflect in melee stance with pathfinders action up. The rest in crit, arpen and power with about 28k hp. Got 5 pts in natures blessing too. Profound archers armor, I tried combatants but the lack of crit and arpen just wiped out my dps too much. Soulforge and plague fire.

If you're specced pve wise with high power and crit but lower defensive stats then twilight's suggestions may suit you better. My builds more of a stay alive and mix it up on a node with the gwfs kinda thing. My build kills anything 1 on 1, given even gear score - about 15k or so - sometimes beats or stalemates 1 vs 2, and stays alive long enough to be a royal pain in the butt 1 on 3.

I use thornward and the cw class artifact on nodes if there is a permastealth TR around, and kill them 99% of the time with zero hassle, unless they're crazy good and or very high geared.

Happy pvping. :)
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jilwsjilws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thanks to both, your insights are truly interesting, I didn't even think of all those combos between encounters!
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I use thornward and the cw class artifact on nodes if there is a permastealth TR around, and kill them 99% of the time with zero hassle, unless they're crazy good and or very high geared.
    Oooh - that's a good idea. I have access to the CW artefact but don't use it on my HR. May have to take a look at that. :)
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder