test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140610a.4

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Boon: Redcap Brew: This boon will no longer cease to function correctly when you die.
  • Iron Vanguard: Ferocious Reaction: This power should no longer trigger rapidly in succession in some rare cases.

Content and Environment
  • Cloak Tower: Removed the door at the end of the maze area before Vansii so it can no longer get into a stuck state in rare occasions.
  • Critters in Biggrin's Rest no longer scale up in difficulty with group size
  • Rothe Valley: Resolved some occlusion and draw issues in the Rothe Valley caves.
  • Icewind Pass: The Power of a Shaman: Shaman staffs no longer drop once 4 have been collected.
  • Icewind Pass: Yeti Vendetta: players only get credit for yeti horns that they pick up, but yetis drop a horn for each member of the party.
  • Protector's Enclave: The Protectors Garden construction is now finished above the Emporium between the Many Coins Bank and the Auction House. Earning access will be granted from the Protector's Jubilee.

Enemies
  • Dragon Wing Flap may now be properly blocked by Guardian Fighters.
  • Fixed an issue where certain undead bosses were healing when they hit a blocking Guardian Fighter with soul reaper.

Items and Economy
  • Cloak of the Hosttower no longer causes characters that wear it to have zombie grunts.
  • The Corrupted and Purified Black Ice Belts are now Bind on Equip and can also rarely drop from Kessel's Retreat.
  • The Lord's Armored Polar bear is now Bind on Equip. This does not affect the binding status of any that are already bound.

Performance and Stability
  • Changed how damage types are used on the back end to increase game server performance. This should not change any powers damage or effects and the combat log should still state the appropriate damage type.
  • Resolved a rare client crash that could occur when one of the Cleric's Daily powers with an angel and that angel somehow despawns prematurely.

User Interface
  • Campaigns: Attempting to claim an item with a full inventory will now succeed.
  • Guild Bank: Items must be specifically withdrawn from the bank before discarding them.
  • When inspecting another player the stat tooltips now display appropriate text again.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    6/17 5:30pm PST: The .4 is coming bakc up shortly with these added patch notes:
    Classes and Balance
    Boon: Redcap Brew: This boon will no longer cease to function correctly when you die.

Content and Environment
    Cloak Tower: Removed the door at the end of the maze area before Vansii so it can no longer get into a stuck state in rare occasions.
    Critters in Biggrin's Rest no longer scale up in difficulty with group size
    Rothe Valley: Resolved some occlusion and draw issues in the Rothe Valley caves.

Enemies
    Fixed an issue where certain undead bosses were healing when they hit a blocking Guardian Fighter with soul reaper.

6/12 4:40pm PST: This will be coming to Preview within an hour.

Please try to keep an eye on your powers to see if they behave any differently than on Live as we identified a performance change that should NOT change how powers work from a player's perspective. It should only be a back end change.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Incoming complaints from people that already bound the armored polar bear.

p.s. Please nerf Roar ASAP. It's a freaking epidemic out here! People are dying!
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Incoming complaints from people that already bound the armored polar bear.

p.s. Please nerf Roar ASAP. It's a freaking epidemic out here! People are dying!

LOOLL.... That's pretty funny.
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hope you guys seen this thread, and implement some of the suggestions.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe this has been answered somewhere else, but is Kessel >20% Black Ice WAI? Maybe it's not as trivial as it looks from here, but changing it to >=20% shouldn't be that much of a deal?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Maybe this has been answered somewhere else, but is Kessel >20% Black Ice WAI? Maybe it's not as trivial as it looks from here, but changing it to >=20% shouldn't be that much of a deal?

It should already be fixed: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?681901-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140528a-5
    Kessel's Retreat: Resolved a floating point accuracy issue with not being able to have exactly 20% Black Ice Resistance to be able to queue for this instance.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh my apologies :cool:
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    The Corrupted and Purified Black Ice Belts are now Bind on Equip and can also rarely drop from Kessel's Retreat.

Sweet , thanks for this ,very much appreciated.
    Guild Bank: Items must be specifically withdrawn from the bank before discarding them.

This is a very welcome fix to an annoying issue of easily amused idiots ,once again thanks , some nice little fixes in this build , shame you couldn't get it patched this week.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whats wrong with roar atm?
    and how about fixing the tooltip on black ice gear for black ice resistance?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Whats wrong with roar atm?
    and how about fixing the tooltip on black ice gear for black ice resistance?

Bypasses cc-immunity and you essentially splash around like a magikarp for a second or two afterwards; not working as intended.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8015091&viewfull=1#post8015091
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Corrupted Dwarf Bolter's Bolter's Kick and the Warrior's Leaping Smash kind of do that as well - cancel your current Power even if CC immune
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Corrupted Dwarf Bolter's Bolter's Kick and the Warrior's Leaping Smash kind of do that as well - cancel your current Power even if CC immune

The corrupted dwarf leap attack actually knocks down block on my GF.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bozebambozebam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Another empty patchnote..

I know i shouldnt say that, sorry, but its the only thing that comes in my mind :/
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Classes and Balance

Enemies
    • Dragon Wing Flap may now be properly blocked by Guardian Fighters.

so we're gonna fix the guardian fighters being unable to block dragon wing attacks but ignore the fact that it still goes through unstopable and impossible to catch?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh! Is anyone else having an issue where the stats from the black ice enchantments don't seem to show up when you hover over an item w/ one slotted in it, and compare the stats to an item w/ one of the regular enchantments slotted?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the guardian fighter adventurer has an aoe ability to knock cc immune players down
    is that intended as well?
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please fix Repel (the Deflection thing)! Do that and I'm gonna buy a lot of Zen. :p
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    and where is the roar fix???????
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    and where is the roar fix???????

Honestly, I'm guessing closer to module 4, if not in module 4. They have class changes for GF, GWF, CW so far.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Lord's Armored Polar bear is now Bind on Equip. This does not affect the binding status of any that are already bound.

Who would win that and not already have it bound? They should just release more of them.. :D
    But I would absolutely pay 10-20 mil for the Armored Polar Bear. hint hint.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    re7joice wrote: »
    please fix cockatrice active bonus. it's destroying open pvp.

It isn't destroying open pvp to the point wherein Emblem was destroying regular pvp weeks ago.

I'd say Module 4, there might be a change, as of right now based on how small Cryptic's resources are, don't expect any change and just pony up that 1.2mil (or 500k if you were smart and bought low)
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    re7joice wrote: »
    please fix cockatrice active bonus. it's destroying open pvp.

Yeah this needs to be dealt with in this patch , 3 seconds with no internal cooldown is crazy OP and I'm guessing was never the intended way the companion was supposed to work , the longer it is left the worse it will be when it is finally fixed , the only people who don't want it fixed are people who bought up loads and aren't interested in the gameplay implications just the profit the stand to loose.
  • Options
    myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2014
    Please, if you take a look at the cockatrice, the active bonus doesn't work in PVE.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?684581-Cockatrice-s-active-bonus-completely-bugged-(does-nothing-ever
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah this needs to be dealt with in this patch , 3 seconds with no internal cooldown is crazy OP and I'm guessing was never the intended way the companion was supposed to work , the longer it is left the worse it will be when it is finally fixed , the only people who don't want it fixed are people who bought up loads and aren't interested in the gameplay implications just the profit the stand to loose.

Meh, perma-stealth is more OP in open world pvp.
  • Options
    arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Classes and Balance

User Interface
    • Campaigns: Attempting to claim an item with a full inventory will now succeed.

Ok so this happened to me there is no claim button and its not listed as claimed what will happen?
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Meh, perma-stealth is more OP in open world pvp.

Lol okayyyy , we will have to agree to disagree on that one XD
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bypasses cc-immunity and you essentially splash around like a magikarp for a second or two afterwards; not working as intended.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8015091&viewfull=1#post8015091

+1 to magikarp
    please fix roar as soon as possible
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There will actually be boe stuff in kessels now? (minus the rare artifact). A step in the right direction!
This discussion has been closed.