test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'd like to have fun with PvP again...

theawesomologisttheawesomologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
So lets get some things out of the way first:
1) "learn 2 play ****", "sucks to be you", "cry moar"... go ahead and get those out of your system now.
2) I played a little NW when it launched but didn't return until a month or so after the Hunter Ranger was released.
3) I don't care for PvE content. Following a sparkly line, kill x to collect y, then click on sparkly objects aren't fun forms of gameplay to me. All MMOs suffer from this, so it's not a knock against Neverwinter.
4) I leveled my HR since lvl 10 doing only PvP and the occasional event weekend content.
5) I am currently leveling a CW (now 34) doing the same.

So as I mentioned above, I've leveled my Hunter Ranger all the way to 60 just doing PvP. I had a lot of fun doing so and I was pretty successful. I hit 60 a few days after the most recent content update, which sucks because I probably already earned most the PvP campaign stuff already. While HR's were slightly nerfed (Split Shot and Fox Shift) it didn't really seem like a big deal.

For the most part while leveling I did pretty well playing a mostly archer type build, using melee only when required. When I hit 60 I was able to buy an entire set of T1 PvP gear right out the gate since I had accumulated a lot of Glory. I had spent money to buy a 110% mount (almost a requirement; if there's a way of getting a purple mount without spending money I'd like to know). Via crafting and the AH I had enough AD to buy good Artifacts and enchantments (nothing crazy but good gear).

But none of that matters. Because at lvl 60, if you're not playing a Great Weapon Fighter, Rogue, or Wizard you're basically dead weight and free glory points. I'm considering adding Guardian Fighters to that list since somewhere after lvl 50 they actually became competitive at PvP since they're able to knock prone nearly as much as GWF's can.

So I do my research, started relying less on my bow and more on Fox Shift and Marauders Rush to hopefully get some damage in before one of the big 3 kills me 2-3 hits via stunlock/prone. And while I've upped my survivability from 2-3 hits to 4-5 hits, PvP just isn't fun anymore. Now by fun I don't mean that I somehow feel entitled to complete domination over the other classes, but I would like to hold my own.

At best I find that I can take out a Wizard or Rogue if I get the jump on them and if they don't completely out gear me. Clerics are easy (I feel sorry for cleric players), and Guardian fighters I can handle the long boring grind as long as one of their friend's doesn't show up and kill me quickly. GWF's are next to impossible. The only ones I can kill (outside of a full team gang up or whatever) are the PvE players that have jumped in. Most GWF's are dumbest too, they never fight on cap points, and rarely seem to show any actual skill beyond spamming their auto-prone powers. Do those auto-prone powers have a cooldown of 2 seconds or something? I honestly don't here, they just never seem to run out of that ability. Best part is they seem to do it from range too. That's cool I guess. I wish my ranger could do cool things from range.

Now I don't particularly like playing the ranger in melee, having been so used to doing just well enough from range, but I'm getting used to it. I've obviously picked all the wrong archer feats though and since Rangers didn't get a respec last update I may never know.

Currently Constricting Arrow is the only good ranged power HR's have. None of our other shots do any sort of control. Some say they do, but weak grasping roots doesn't do anything in PvP that I've seen, and as far as I know HR's can't knock prone, stun, or immobilize outside of Constricting Arrow. Disruptive Shot is nice for a 1/4 Daily, but it's not nearly as good as 90% of the encounter powers Wizards, Rogues, and GWF's have.

So now I'm stuck riding my fast mount from capture point to capture point, hoping I don't get killed along the way, and trying to cap unguarded points. If I have no allies I try to run away from anything that isn't a Cleric, may be slowing them down if i have to. On the off chance I see a weakened Wizard or Rogue that I can get the jump on I may steal a kill.

Now it's not like I don't see some HR's do well. In fact I usually see them shortly after they hit me with Constricting Arrow, rush in, Fox Shift, then Disrupting Shot me. I usually die shortly after that. Sometimes I can return the favor, because I have the same lame powers too on the same lame rotation. But in the end, PvP got real boring, real fast once I hit 60.

Now when it comes to PvE, I have no problem whatsoever. I've finished Dread Ring, grinding away at ElfLand, and have done a little Icewind Dale to pretty good success. I can solo most of the stuff just fine and rarely do I die. Still the same boring PvE content, but at least the boon rewards are worth it.

A few more notes:
1) GWF's are broken. Completely broken. They have a ranged knock prone and do so at will. Next to impossible to control, and they have a bunch of HP/Armor. Something has to give or everyone else needs to be brought to their level.
2) Rogue permastealth has to be fixed. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool Rogues have stealth and they need it. I think its great that some players have figured out how to use it effectively, but there isn't a real sense of balance here since never seeing your opponent gets old real fast.
3) I think Wizards are actually pretty balanced though their damage is a bit too high. Ice Knife can usually take 90% of my life which seems wrong for a CONTROL class.
4) Speaking of stealth, Forest Ghost works 1/3 of the time I use it. I will pound on my 2 key and I "might" go stealth. unlike the rogue though, even when I'm in stealth everyone still seems to be able to see me and hit me, from range no less.
5) Archer rangers need some more control powers. Dev's, take a look at the 4e Seeker, or older edition versions of the Arcane Archer. Rangers only have 1 real control power, Constricting Arrow, and that's no where near as good as at-will prone or half of the Wizard's powers.

Sidenote: I would try Gauntlegrym PvP, however I'm convinced that's a fairy tail since there's almost never queue, and when there is I always get kicked from it.

So tell me trolls and pros; what am I doing wrong?
Post edited by theawesomologist on

Comments

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because at lvl 60, if you're not playing a Great Weapon Fighter, Rogue, or Wizard you're basically dead weight and free glory points.

You need to add HR to that list. At this moment, the top 5 on the leader board are HR, HR, TR, HR, GWF.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) "learn 2 play ****", "sucks to be you", "cry moar"... go ahead and get those out of your system now.
    2) I played a little NW when it launched but didn't return until a month or so after the Hunter Ranger was released.
    3) I don't care for PvE content. Following a sparkly line, kill x to collect y, then click on sparkly objects aren't fun forms of gameplay to me. All MMOs suffer from this, so it's not a knock against Neverwinter.
    4) I leveled my HR since lvl 10 doing only PvP and the occasional event weekend content.

So as I mentioned above, I've leveled my Hunter Ranger all the way to 60 just doing PvP. I had a lot of fun doing so and I was pretty successful. I hit 60 a few days after the most recent content update, which sucks because I probably already earned most the PvP campaign stuff already. While HR's were slightly nerfed (Split Shot and Fox Shift) it didn't really seem like a big deal.

For the most part while leveling I did pretty well playing a mostly archer type build, using melee only when required. When I hit 60 I was able to buy an entire set of T1 PvP gear right out the gate since I had accumulated a lot of Glory. I had spent money to buy a 110% mount (almost a requirement; if there's a way of getting a purple mount without spending money I'd like to know). Via crafting and the AH I had enough AD to buy good Artifacts and enchantments (nothing crazy but good gear).

But none of that matters. Because at lvl 60, if you're not playing a Great Weapon Fighter, Rogue, or Wizard you're basically dead weight and free glory points. I'm considering adding Guardian Fighters to that list since somewhere after lvl 50 they actually became competitive at PvP since they're able to knock prone nearly as much as GWF's can.

So I do my research, started relying less on my bow and more on Fox Shift and Marauders Rush to hopefully get some damage in before one of the big 3 kills me 2-3 hits via stunlock/prone. And while I've upped my survivability from 2-3 hits to 4-5 hits, PvP just isn't fun anymore. Now by fun I don't mean that I somehow feel entitled to complete domination over the other classes, but I would like to hold my own.

At best I find that I can take out a Wizard or Rogue if I get the jump on them and if they don't completely out gear me. Clerics are easy (I feel sorry for cleric players), and Guardian fighters I can handle the long boring grind as long as one of their friend's doesn't show up and kill me quickly. GWF's are next to impossible. The only ones I can kill (outside of a full team gang up or whatever) are the PvE players that have jumped in. Most GWF's are dumbest too, they never fight on cap points, and rarely seem to show any actual skill beyond spamming their auto-prone powers. Do those auto-prone powers have a cooldown of 2 seconds or something? I honestly don't here, they just never seem to run out of that ability. Best part is they seem to do it from range too. That's cool I guess. I wish my ranger could do cool things from range.

Now I don't particularly like playing the ranger in melee, having been so used to doing just well enough from range, but I'm getting used to it. I've obviously picked all the wrong archer feats though and since Rangers didn't get a respec last update I may never know.

Currently Constricting Arrow is the only good ranged power HR's have. None of our other shots do any sort of control. Some say they do, but weak grasping roots doesn't do anything in PvP that I've seen, and as far as I know HR's can't knock prone, stun, or immobilize outside of Constricting Arrow. Disruptive Shot is nice for a 1/4 Daily, but it's not nearly as good as 90% of the encounter powers Wizards, Rogues, and GWF's have.

So now I'm stuck riding my fast mount from capture point to capture point, hoping I don't get killed along the way, and trying to cap unguarded points. If I have no allies I try to run away from anything that isn't a Cleric, may be slowing them down if i have to. On the off chance I see a weakened Wizard or Rogue that I can get the jump on I may steal a kill.

Now it's not like I don't see some HR's do well. In fact I usually see them shortly after they hit me with Constricting Arrow, rush in, Fox Shift, then Disrupting Shot me. I usually die shortly after that. Sometimes I can return the favor, because I have the same lame powers too on the same lame rotation. But in the end, PvP got real boring, real fast once I hit 60.

Now when it comes to PvE, I have no problem whatsoever. I've finished Dread Ring, grinding away at ElfLand, and have done a little Icewind Dale to pretty good success. I can solo most of the stuff just fine and rarely do I die. Still the same boring PvE content, but at least the boon rewards are worth it.

A few more notes:
    1) GWF's are broken. Completely broken. They have a ranged knock prone and do so at will. Next to impossible to control, and they have a bunch of HP/Armor. Something has to give or everyone else needs to be brought to their level.
    2) Rogue permastealth has to be fixed. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool Rogues have stealth and they need it. I think its great that some players have figured out how to use it effectively, but there isn't a real sense of balance here since never seeing your opponent gets old real fast.
    3) I think Wizards are actually pretty balanced though their damage is a bit too high. Ice Knife can usually take 90% of my life which seems wrong for a CONTROL class.
    4) Speaking of stealth, Forest Ghost works 1/3 of the time I use it. I will pound on my 2 key and I "might" go stealth. unlike the rogue though, even when I'm in stealth everyone still seems to be able to see me and hit me, from range no less.
    5) Archer rangers need some more control powers. Dev's, take a look at the 4e Seeker, or older edition versions of the Arcane Archer. Rangers only have 1 real control power, Constricting Arrow, and that's no where near as good as at-will prone or half of the Wizard's powers.

Sidenote: I would try Gauntlegrym PvP, however I'm convinced that's a fairy tail since there's almost never queue, and when there is I always get kicked from it.

Some of these ARE being looked over by the devs--you can peruse the dev tracker for more information. However, balance may be slow to come due to the current work on mod4 and the inflexibility of its release date.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    You need to add HR to that list. At this moment, the top 5 on the leader board are HR, HR, TR, HR, GWF.

Are you serious? Yeah the #1 is a HR...with 188 wins - 1 loss. Absolutely legit, really man. Yeah HR faceroll! :rolleyes:
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • theawesomologisttheawesomologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The leaderboard can be misleading, as pointed out above. I'm not saying HR's can't be played well. I get a lot of cap points, but honestly I run away most of the time, hope someone else will engage my target so that I can get a few pot shots off. But the moment a GWF gets in my face, a rogue sneaks up on me, or a wizard force chokes me, I'm done within the next 3-4 seconds.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

True but I believe the OP has some valid points though. To be viable in pvp every class has to find their most broken build. These builds needs balancing. Also these builds have been around far to long. Gwf's have been gods in pvp head smash keyboard no skill kill everything that comes near me. But this is how I see things to be fixed

CW
    Agreed does to much damage for control class
    Fix repel (devs seem to be working on it)
    Fix icy rays (this encounter can not be dodge)
    Fix avalanche so it doesn't disappear with stun.
    I would reduce their debuff ability to reduce overall damage. Don't allow multiple cw debuffs to stack. This would be a nice way to reduce stacking cw's in pve.

However with these fixes I think they would be in a nice spot. They aren't broken but they need a little help and a little fixes.

Gwf
    Fix so there is a trade off a dps and squishy or tank and no damage
    Remove IV path and create a new tanking path (agro control)
    Decrease unstoppable duration.
    Reduce movement speed or remove threatening rush
    Fix roar so it doesn't stun.
    Reduce damage on idom strike. This thing hits harder than most dailies and is and encounter. I think it should hit somewhere near a lashing blade or a little lower.
    Don't allow stacks to be created from weapon enchants

This class has everything damage, tank, cc, aoe, cc resist. Way to powerful at the moment and extremely unbalanced. You can never kill an experienced gwf it is almost impossible because they can always run when they get close to death and pop unstoppable.

Tr
    Reduce stealth because perma/ itc tr is completely broken strong. Or change so shadow strike is a cc and no refill bar.
    Give the ability to dodge whirlwind of blades and shocking execution
    Increase damage to shocking somewhere between mod 2 and mod 3 damage wise
    Allow impact to hit full everytime however no stun associated with it.
    Would love to see some aoe to make them viable in pve

Again a good tr you will never kill unless you prone death them.

Hr
    Fix so healing depression takes into effect on forest meditation and armor set bonus.
    Don't allow careful attack to refresh from weapon enchants

A really good hr is extremely hard to kill at well a lot of single target cc, escape encounters, and self heals. But I fell if the two above were balanced they wouldn't be so bad. I believe most people have trouble with the tank pathfinder builds. If their self heals where reduced I think they would be much more manageable.

Now for the gf and dc they need a stupid large buff. I don't know why the op complained about a gf but I have never had a problem with a gf. they are just way to slow, do no damage unless caught of guard with knights challange which you deserve then.

I would love to see something like if you were proned you can't be proned for three seconds. That why you never get that prone prone prone prone prone death from multiple gwf or any class and this would also make cw cc abilities more valuable because most of them aren't prone cc abilities.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    HRs are in a great spot right now but you need the gear and feats to pull it off. Your main focus should be survivability.

^This should never happen. Slot aspect of the lone wolf and it won't.

Work on your grim combatant gear for better set-bonus heals (while they last, the set is getting nerfed). Take the nature feat for 20% better incoming healing. Pick up the regen rings from the pegasus vendor. Get the bloodcrystal artifact for the regen and waters. Max out Constitution.

You're going to be looking to shoot for as close to 2k regen as you can get and over 30k hp and as much deflect as possible.

As far as play style, the most effective combo I find is thorn ward, constricting and fox shift. I don't use maurder's because it's almost useless when you're contesting a node, which you should be.

Ideally you want to set up a situation where you get the opponent on the node, use thorn ward, constricting, careful attack, and then work from there. I use aimed strike with does decent damage and plaguefire on top of that for more frequent careful attack procs (it's also nice because the dot on aimed shot does damage while you're dodging, unlike say split shot). Get in aimed shots if they're focused on someone else.

I'm on page 2 and I only pug and the top pages are full of HRs, so you can't really say there's a problem with the class.
    Fix so healing depression takes into effect on forest meditation and armor set bonus.

The set bonus is getting nerfed into oblivion. As for careful attack, plaguefire only adds 1 or 2 extra procs. If they made it not proc from weapon enchants we'd all just switch to vorpals and probably end up doing way more damage.

Only reason I haven't switched is the extra 1 or 2 careful attack procs are really good on rogues. Otherwise I'd use vorpal for sure.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • theawesomologisttheawesomologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HRs are in a great spot right now but you need the gear and feats to pull it off. Your main focus should be survivability.
    Well actually it sounds like there is only one workable build for Rangers, the Pathfinder Regenerator. If you're anything other than that (stormwarden, use something other than 3 powers) you're screwed. While the best Rogues, Wizards, and GWF's all fall into the same trap of 1 build, players who use different powers and feats are still fairly successful.
    ^This should never happen. Slot aspect of the lone wolf and it won't.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll take a look.
    Work on your grim combatant gear for better set-bonus heals (while they last, the set is getting nerfed). Take the nature feat for 20% better incoming healing. Pick up the regen rings from the pegasus vendor. Get the bloodcrystal artifact for the regen and waters. Max out Constitution.

You're going to be looking to shoot for as close to 2k regen as you can get and over 30k hp and as much deflect as possible.

As far as play style, the most effective combo I find is thorn ward, constricting and fox shift. I don't use maurder's because it's almost useless when you're contesting a node, which you should be.
    This is my biggest problem with the game right now. There is 1 effective PvP build. And since there were no free respecs after the class got changed, many HR's haven't made the switch to Pathfinder yet. And it flies in the face of all the gear I've collected which is primarily Crit, Armor Pen, Power, Recovery. I've tried to stay away from abusing broken stuff. I didn't use Fox Shift much before the nerf; working for Grim Combatant seems lame to me.

The funny part is, the powers you've listed are exactly what I've settled into. But because I don't boost HP and Regen, nor do I have Careful Strike, I'm reduced to just running for caps and hoping I don't get squished on the way.
    Ideally you want to set up a situation where you get the opponent on the node, use thorn ward, constricting, careful attack, and then work from there. I use aimed strike with does decent damage and plaguefire on top of that for more frequent careful attack procs (it's also nice because the dot on aimed shot does damage while you're dodging, unlike say split shot). Get in aimed shots if they're focused on someone else.

I'm on page 2 and I only pug and the top pages are full of HRs, so you can't really say there's a problem with the class.
    I'm fully willing to accept that the problem I'm facing is just that I'm not playing the one specific build that works. I guess the broader issue is that HR's (and all other classes) should have more options besides choosing one build for "hulk smash".
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Well actually it sounds like there is only one workable build for Rangers, the Pathfinder Regenerator. If you're anything other than that (stormwarden, use something other than 3 powers) you're screwed. While the best Rogues, Wizards, and GWF's all fall into the same trap of 1 build, players who use different powers and feats are still fairly successful.

Actually I find HR to be pretty versitle. For example, I'm archer specc'ed for quicker cooldowns. Most HRs go combatant for more survivability. Either works though.

Also, we have quite a few effective powers. Boar's rush and maruader's are useful. Some HR's use binding arrow/oakskin. Some HRs still use split shot and others use quick shot/melee.

I believe we have more options than any other class.
    And it flies in the face of all the gear I've collected which is primarily Crit, Armor Pen, Power, Recovery. I've tried to stay away from abusing broken stuff. I didn't use Fox Shift much before the nerf; working for Grim Combatant seems lame to me.

The only stat I'm lacking on is crit. I have close to 5k power and something like 2.6k arp. Recovery isn't too helpful for us especially since we have access to cooldown reducing feats. Archery cooldowns include more crits so I don't need high crit and it soft-caps early anyway.

It's absolutely possible to stack HP and regen and still have good offensive stats.

I'm not sure why working towards something that's effective would seem lame. HR has no cc-break or cc-immunity ability besides dodge, and we don't have the pure-range efficiency of a CW, so we need all the survivability we can get in PVP when we're going to be in close-quarters at least some of the time. Even with the proper set-up you're still at risk from equally geared/skilled opponents.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One word: PathFinder

/Thread
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    One word: PathFinder

/Thread

Careful Attack (basically the one good thing Pathfinder gives) isn't going to help if you're running around with 22k hp and little regen. You'll die as soon as you're in range to use it.
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    True but I believe the OP has some valid points though. To be viable in pvp every class has to find their most broken build. These builds needs balancing. Also these builds have been around far to long. Gwf's have been gods in pvp head smash keyboard no skill kill everything that comes near me. But this is how I see things to be fixed

CW
    Agreed does to much damage for control class
    Fix repel (devs seem to be working on it)
    Fix icy rays (this encounter can not be dodge)
    Fix avalanche so it doesn't disappear with stun.
    I would reduce their debuff ability to reduce overall damage. Don't allow multiple cw debuffs to stack. This would be a nice way to reduce stacking cw's in pve.

However with these fixes I think they would be in a nice spot. They aren't broken but they need a little help and a little fixes.

Gwf
    Fix so there is a trade off a dps and squishy or tank and no damage
    Remove IV path and create a new tanking path (agro control)
    Decrease unstoppable duration.
    Reduce movement speed or remove threatening rush
    Fix roar so it doesn't stun.
    Reduce damage on idom strike. This thing hits harder than most dailies and is and encounter. I think it should hit somewhere near a lashing blade or a little lower.
    Don't allow stacks to be created from weapon enchants

This class has everything damage, tank, cc, aoe, cc resist. Way to powerful at the moment and extremely unbalanced. You can never kill an experienced gwf it is almost impossible because they can always run when they get close to death and pop unstoppable.

Tr
    Reduce stealth because perma/ itc tr is completely broken strong. Or change so shadow strike is a cc and no refill bar.
    Give the ability to dodge whirlwind of blades and shocking execution
    Increase damage to shocking somewhere between mod 2 and mod 3 damage wise
    Allow impact to hit full everytime however no stun associated with it.
    Would love to see some aoe to make them viable in pve

Again a good tr you will never kill unless you prone death them.

Hr

A really good hr is extremely hard to kill at well a lot of single target cc, escape encounters, and self heals. But I fell if the two above were balanced they wouldn't be so bad. I believe most people have trouble with the tank pathfinder builds. If their self heals where reduced I think they would be much more manageable.

Now for the gf and dc they need a stupid large buff. I don't know why the op complained about a gf but I have never had a problem with a gf. they are just way to slow, do no damage unless caught of guard with knights challange which you deserve then.

I would love to see something like if you were proned you can't be proned for three seconds. That why you never get that prone prone prone prone prone death from multiple gwf or any class and this would also make cw cc abilities more valuable because most of them aren't prone cc abilities.

I think trs should not have any other nerfs since we already got more than 120 % Nerfs on our DPS since Mod 2.I am not a perma tr ( and i don't mind letting you inspect me in game to prove it ) .But if stealth is going to be nerfed the devs will need to spend Hella a lot of time to change both of our Paragon paths completely since stealth nerf will cause a Gigantic nerf on every single Power - Feat of our class . Trs had enough of those nerfs because of clueless pvpers that can't even log and read a decent guide about how the class works so they will attain the knowledge of how to actually kill a perma ...

Edit : +1 on Everything else . Though i would urge the devs to Buff gfs . All classes agree that gfs need a tremendous boost .
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    HR is the most broken OP class, up there with GWF and TR too. Actually the HR is so broken if played correctly that TRs and GWFs don't really have a chance (on node).

GF is NOT competitive. If you have issues with GF on a HR... the issue is very serious.

There are huge gear differences of gear in PvP at 60. You really think you can beat a guy with all the boons, BiS gear and Rank 10s, without having the same advantages? Also add elixirs and potions. Some people use a lot of those and they make a very significant impact.

If you die to a CW as a HR... if you think the CW might be OP compared to you... then the issue is truly serious.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

A few more notes:

A archer build is still viable and funny:
    Daily: forest ghost and distructive shot
    At will: aimed shot, split shot
    Encounter: marauder, binding arrows/oakskin, costrict arrows
    Aspect of Lone wolf, Aspect of the falcon
    go for full archer path and put 5 points in nature blessing (+20% healing)

use profound combatant set and archer weapons, terror and barkshield

raise deflection with silver enchants and power+crits with brutal enchants

focus also on regen and recovery, dont increase HP

1 vs 1 u kill anythings with this build
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
    edited June 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Do not forget about: remove all crit damage, stacks, dailies and CC from othe clases,then, maybe, you have a really balanced game. :) .

Seriosly, im starting to get mad at every player who doesn't know how to play vs GWF class... so, from now on, i will say the same to these players: If you complain about GWF Class, then, face 1v1 Syndrith or Karrundax and do not ask for a "minimum GS" to run Epic dungeons.

You are under the assumption that I don't know how to fight them. I am in the top 20 pages and I can clearly fight a gwf however there are only two classes that can do this and Hr and perma TR. I have a geared gwf I have been playing that character over 10 months and I know their mechanics. Also while on my hr in the top 20 pages all you really see is a gwf that abusively uses roar, take down, and indom strike which can kill most people in one rotation. I also think a gwf play style isn't more than button mashing which is why I started playing another class. All you need to do is bis gear and yor practically unkillable. I would like to see a shift towards skill for this class so I would like to see some mechanics changed. I also see permas tr's and pathfinder hrs as well which are clearly all the broken classes in pvp. They need balancing and to say otherwise is to be ignorant of the situation. Did I feel bad for gwf when they were not wanted in pve yes I did I played one for an extended period of time but that doesn't justify a completely unbalanced class. What truely need to happen for pve is cw debuffs adjusted and damage so you won't stack so many cw's so the classes are more justifiable. I feel what I suggested are some positive steps forward but are they the right steps possibly not. But don't make assumptions. That every person that suggest balances doesn't know how to deal with a gwf because clearly many people do they can just come to a civil agreement that they need balancing.

Also for the other post I was suggesting a balance to stealth however an increase to dps for tr's which would make them more viable in pve and pvp for burst damage and not have to rely on stealth. I also fell if they have a cc that should be beneficial to them however I believe every skill in the game should have the ability to be dodged unlike whirlwind of blades which isn't. That doesn't reward skill. I think the best way to solve perma is remove the steath refill on shadow strike and make it a prone cc possibly. This would add utility for pvp for the tr, demolish the perma, and leave stealth the way it is with the feats. I do believe they need a slight damage boost which I feel impact with full damage no matter how many shoots but no stun is appropriate. Also a slight increase to shocking in damage since it can be dodge if that fix were to occur. This would also make tenacious concealment a better choice for pvp instead of a wasted skill.
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You are under the assumption that I don't know how to fight them. I am in the top 20 pages and I can clearly fight a gwf however there are only two classes that can do this and Hr and perma TR. I have a geared gwf I have been playing that character over 10 months and I know their mechanics. Also while on my hr in the top 20 pages all you really see is a gwf that abusively uses roar, take down, and indom strike which can kill most people in one rotation. I also see permas and pathfinder hrs as well which are clearly all the broken classes in pvp. They need balancing and to say otherwise is to be ignorant of the situation. Did I feel bad for gwf when they were not wanted in pve yes I did I played one for an extended period of time but that doesn't justify a completely unbalanced class. What truely need to happen for pve is cw debuffs adjusted and damage so you won't stack so many cw's so the classes are more justifiable. I feel what I suggested are some positive steps forward but are they the right steps possibly not. But don't make assumptions. That every person that suggest balances doesn't know how to deal with a gwf because clearly many people do they can just come to a civil agreement that they need balancing.

Also for the other post I was suggestion a balance to stealth however an increase to dps for tr's which would make them more viable in pve and pvp for burst damage and not have to rely on stealth. I also fell if they have a cc that should be beneficial to them however I believe every skill in the game should have the ability to be dodged unlike whirlwind of blades which isn't. That doesn't Merritt skill.

No more nerfs on trs .If you think that perma is easy to play or broken go on and make one and educate all of us with your vast knowledge about Trs. 125 % Nerfed already.As i said on my previous post we had already enough nerfs .My class won't be ruined just because you can't kill trs .Kapito ? You must be the only HR that qqs about trs in this game. You got better Node control than us . Like the double Dps from us . Huge variety of dodges and freaking awesome healing effects along with disables that ignore CCs like our ITC and ofc higher mobility that allows you keep up with us . How can you even lose a node from a tr ? The only thing that needs nerf in this game is your freaking class that manages to tank even 6 people with more than 15 k GS on meditation ...
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    A archer build is still viable and funny:
    Daily: forest ghost and distructive shot
    At will: aimed shot, split shot
    Encounter: marauder, binding arrows/oakskin, costrict arrows
    Aspect of Lone wolf, Aspect of the falcon
    go for full archer path and put 5 points in nature blessing (+20% healing)

use profound combatant set and archer weapons, terror and barkshield

raise deflection with silver enchants and power+crits with brutal enchants

focus also on regen and recovery, dont increase HP

1 vs 1 u kill anythings with this build

Syncro, I dunno about Aimed. Point is, apart from obvious EVERYTHING and their brothers interrupting it, it seems to be incapable to raise up APs (and then dailies: FG /IS) as much as Rapid :|

I agree on regen, rec imho is not that much needed (if you have stormstep + there's a feat I don't remember, prolly focuses on crits to diminish CD)

Mara could really use some love: it's very difficult to do something more than kiting away or attacking as a finisher along with the other 2 melee skills :|
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but when i hear a HR cry, what should i say as a GF, get it!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    HR is the most broken OP class, up there with GWF and TR too. Actually the HR is so broken if played correctly that TRs and GWFs don't really have a chance (on node).

GF is NOT competitive. If you have issues with GF on a HR... the issue is very serious.

There are huge gear differences of gear in PvP at 60. You really think you can beat a guy with all the boons, BiS gear and Rank 10s, without having the same advantages? Also add elixirs and potions. Some people use a lot of those and they make a very significant impact.

If you die to a CW as a HR... if you think the CW might be OP compared to you... then the issue is truly serious.

No the HR class is not broken... that u called OP for HR is a tiny rope... a simple bugged skill as roar is lethal, a daze from a CW means istant death for a HR if there are enemies near, slow is also a big problem... there are alot of counters agaist a HR.

Also no room for mistakes as HR... maybe u survive at the first... rarely at the second.

Add also that 90% of GWF dont know as playing the class... for example GWFs have a marvelous escape skill as sprint... I see maybe 1 in 10 use that when they clearly will lose a fight... also 90% dont have already learned that is dangerous fight 1 vs 1 a HR and the same 90% is no so smart to avoid being pulled far by other team mate from a HR... zero mobilty and tactical fight is the rule for GWFs.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That HR CC power that hits 3 times is much better than any CW CC power.

I'm never going to feel sorry for an HR in PvP. That would be like feeling sorry for a GF that can block nearly everything and kill in 3 prones.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    L

A few more notes:

"But none of that matters. Because at lvl 60, if you're not playing a Great Weapon Fighter, Rogue, or Wizard you're basically dead weight and free glory points."

Your kidding right? You realize HR is the most OP class in the game currently dont you ?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hr
    HD is being added to the set bonus. Along with other nerfs that will render it useless. AFAIK, HD already affects Forest Meditation.

Weapon enchants DO NOT 'refresh' Careful Attack. CA lasts a set length of time under all conditions. Any damage during that time will proc additional damage from CA with a maximum frequency of once every 1.5 seconds. All you are seeing is the CA proc from the damage ticks from damaging enchants and this is COMPLETELY IN LINE with the way weapon enchants work with every other power in the game. The only 'extension' that happens is that the damage ticks from CA (not the initial debuff application) proc weapon enchants. So under the right conditions you can put CA on a target, hit them ONCE with any attack that applies your weapon enchant, and the ensuing CA damage ticks will maintain the weapon enchant stacks. But CA DOES NOT last any longer.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    No more nerfs on trs .If you think that perma is easy to play or broken go on and make one and educate all of us with your vast knowledge about Trs. 125 % Nerfed already.As i said on my previous post we had already enough nerfs .My class won't be ruined just because you can't kill trs .Kapito ? You must be the only HR that qqs about trs in this game. You got better Node control than us . Like the double Dps from us . Huge variety of dodges and freaking awesome healing effects along with disables that ignore CCs like our ITC and ofc higher mobility that allows you keep up with us . How can you even lose a node from a tr ? The only thing that needs nerf in this game is your freaking class that manages to tank even 6 people with more than 15 k GS on meditation ...

Hmmm how I see my post is asking for a buff to tr to make them more viable outside stealth. I don't know how you are perceiving it as a nerf. Impact shot doing full damage on every charge is a buff plus why would you want it to push your target away from you? Also increasing damage on shock is a buff. Being able I dodge daily's is neither a nerf or buff it's a fix. Changing shadow strike to a prone cc is not really a nerf. I believe the tr could use some cc which the class highly lacks. It just reduces your ability to stay stealthy indefinitely. And yes I have rolled a perma tr and yes it does take much more skill contesting a node however that doesn't justify the build being broken. The ability to never be targeted should never be allowed.

Btw the hr is getting a healing fix but you don't see me complaining about it. And I don't use forest meditation and I agree it's overpowered. The fix needs to be done and I can fully agree with it. The hr doesn't have anything similar to itc at all. Also you don't see me complaining about them you see me discussing broken builds and possible fixes. Obviously you have to fall on your crutch oh you must not know how to fight them. I have fought countless permas and not one has ever killed me. I have never actually killed one either so it's a draw we just run around playing a game wasting time with broken builds.

Maybe next time answer constructively and in an intellectual response and clearly perceive the words I write.
    edited June 2014
    A well played Renegade CW is an HRs worst nightmare. Low cast time fast recharge encounters that hit like a truck, debuff, and generally include two immobilisers (EF and IR) the latter of which can't be dodged. Thaums are less threatening but actually out-range an HR if they slot Far Spell (even if the HR slots Aspect of the Falcon). The FOTM HR build is poorly equipped to deal with CWs.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    I'm fully willing to accept that the problem I'm facing is just that I'm not playing the one specific build that works. I guess the broader issue is that HR's (and all other classes) should have more options besides choosing one build for "hulk smash".
    Unfortunately a high HP and healing build is pretty much required regardless of class or role. The other stuff is more flexible. If you don't like the PF 'regen tank' you can run a variant with more ranged encounters - in fact I rotate between the two depending on the make up of the opposing team (PF Tank is not good vs ranged classes).

There are some good discussions in The Wilds with a bunch of ideas. You might find something there that suits your playstyle preferences. But L60 PvP enjoyment is a bit of a lottery if you only PuG. I've had losing streaks running to 6 or 7 games, most of which were complete ROFLSTOMPS, between burst of balanced games and wins. Luck of the draw.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most GWF's are dumbest too, they never fight on cap points, and rarely seem to show any actual skill beyond spamming their auto-prone powers. Do those auto-prone powers have a cooldown of 2 seconds or something? I honestly don't here, they just never seem to run out of that ability. Best part is they seem to do it from range too. That's cool I guess. I wish my ranger could do cool things from range.

That's actually what domination is 90% of the time, which is funny and sad at the same time
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    A well played Renegade CW is an HRs worst nightmare. Low cast time fast recharge encounters that hit like a truck, debuff, and generally include two immobilisers (EF and IR) the latter of which can't be dodged. Thaums are less threatening but actually out-range an HR if they slot Far Spell (even if the HR slots Aspect of the Falcon). The FOTM HR build is poorly equipped to deal with CWs.

You cannot be serious. Even the best Renegades in the game are just annoyances for a GOOD HR. You know, the guys that killed 2000+ times, and died 50. Yes they do hit hard, and do debuff a lot, but the HR has perma CC and full node control through TW.

You should NOT talk about 1vs1 situations off-node. In this game, people 1vs1 on the node, and if it happens that a well-placed TW is there, you will have to eat it, CW or not.
    syn100 wrote: »
    No the HR class is not broken... that u called OP for HR is a tiny rope... a simple bugged skill as roar is lethal, a daze from a CW means istant death for a HR if there are enemies near, slow is also a big problem... there are alot of counters agaist a HR.

Also no room for mistakes as HR... maybe u survive at the first... rarely at the second.

Add also that 90% of GWF dont know as playing the class... for example GWFs have a marvelous escape skill as sprint... I see maybe 1 in 10 use that when they clearly will lose a fight... also 90% dont have already learned that is dangerous fight 1 vs 1 a HR and the same 90% is no so smart to avoid being pulled far by other team mate from a HR... zero mobilty and tactical fight is the rule for GWFs.

Mr Syn,

Your "do not stack HP" build is underpowered and dies on CW sneeze.

People build proper HRs these days, that take ages to kill - if you can kill it.

You should stick at sniping people from ghost, it's what you do best.
    edited June 2014
    You cannot be serious. Even the best Renegades in the game are just annoyances for a GOOD HR. You know, the guys that killed 2000+ times, and died 50. Yes they do hit hard, and do debuff a lot, but the HR has perma CC and full node control through TW.

You should NOT talk about 1vs1 situations off-node. In this game, people 1vs1 on the node, and if it happens that a well-placed TW is there, you will have to eat it, CW or not.
    *sigh*

This is going to end up in one of your 'if it's not premade it doesn't count' diatribes, but in PuG PvP off-node 1v1 happens pretty regularly. Or the common situation where the HR drops TW on the node and the CW just stands at maximum range, CCs him to death, and then takes the node unopposed.

There are a lot of PuG CWs who never step on a contested node. And a few HRs for that matter.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    HD is being added to the set bonus. Along with other nerfs that will render it useless. AFAIK, HD already affects Forest Meditation.

Weapon enchants DO NOT 'refresh' Careful Attack. CA lasts a set length of time under all conditions. Any damage during that time will proc additional damage from CA with a maximum frequency of once every 1.5 seconds. All you are seeing is the CA proc from the damage ticks from damaging enchants and this is COMPLETELY IN LINE with the way weapon enchants work with every other power in the game. The only 'extension' that happens is that the damage ticks from CA (not the initial debuff application) proc weapon enchants. So under the right conditions you can put CA on a target, hit them ONCE with any attack that applies your weapon enchant, and the ensuing CA damage ticks will maintain the weapon enchant stacks. But CA DOES NOT last any longer.

weapon enchants allow additional procs if shot or attack 1 time. Shot a dummy with 1 arrow without plague and 1 arrow with and you will see additional procs and refresh of plague. Yes careful attacks can be continued by attacking which ultimately is the same amount of ticks till refreshed, but seriously i can attack once and run and just let careful attack with plague do continuous damage with thorn ward and all i have to do from then is run. Also if you use a plague fire the stack of plague is refresh with every careful attack allowing a continuous debuff.

Do i think this is completely broken no it just synergizes extremely well. I think a good fix would be to not allow careful attack to refresh plague but even then i don't fell its that OP i was mostly mentioning because some people believe it to be.
    edited June 2014
    weapon enchants allow additional procs if shot or attack 1 time. Shot a dummy with 1 arrow without plague and 1 arrow with and you will see additional procs and refresh of plague. Yes careful attacks can be continued by attacking which ultimately is the same amount of ticks till refreshed, but seriously i can attack once and run and just let careful attack with plague do continuous damage with thorn ward and all i have to do from then is run. Also if you use a plague fire the stack of plague is refresh with every careful attack allowing a continuous debuff.

Do i think this is completely broken no it just synergizes extremely well. I think a good fix would be to not allow careful attack to refresh plague but even then i don't fell its that OP i was mostly mentioning because some people believe it to be.
    They are not additional CA procs. Maximum proc rate is 1 per 1.5 seconds over a fixed duration (10s at max?). I already mentioned the enchant stack maintain effect. I have no idea if that was intended. Probably not.

Yes you CAN apply CA, attack once, then run away. But in practice the target is nearly always under some other form of attack (typically TW and/or an Aimed Strike bleed) so I can't see that it makes much difference in a real fight as opposed to tests on dummies.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    *sigh*

This is going to end up in one of your 'if it's not premade it doesn't count' diatribes.

Well, I will explain.

Each class has a "peak" spec, where it performs at the maximum of its capabilities. My belief is the classes should be judged from that and that only, because that spec (which includes gear) has proven itself most effective at a time. "premade" here is used only to illustrate that the 10 people on that particular game use their toons at the maximum of their PvP capability, or at least near-maximum.

You cannot judge the CW class from a few PvE spec people with 25K HP that hit like trucks and die in 5 secs. They are a non-factor in any serious game.

You cannot judge the HR class from ranged-only, "I snipe you for 15K when I'm lucky", Syn-type of squish-archer-build. They are a non factor in serious games.

This goes for each and every class.

CWs are extremely dangerous, for ANY class, not just HR... in a 2vs1 situation. I know this so very good from my GWF, good CWs that come to clear me with their mates are annoying as hell. Rest assured that when I catch them alone they are as good as dead though.

The same should be correct for a properly built HR. The CA DoT is ticking like crazy, Constrict allows for FS and aim strike which further propagates the DoT, and if you get some lucky crits on the HR, well, they will go on Meditating. By the time they are out, their CDs are refreshed, and even if you stay off node, they will still get you as a CW in the end.

Now, if the HR is bad, a CW will kill it easily.

Just as a general "rule", for equally geared toons:

If you are not a DC... and you have troubles with CWs killing you in 1vs1 situations... you are doing it VERY wrong.