test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons always dead

sbgkjssbgkjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
As Im only in this game for 2 months i can safely say since i hit level 60 I have tried to do dungeons to get my tier 2 items,but guess what noone ever does dungeons i sit in dungeons for hours and nothing.I also noticed that if you make a premade team and it isnt full the queue system wont fill it correctly most of the time the queue systen wont fill dungeons at all.So im asuming its dead.
Post edited by sbgkjs on

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What class are you, and how are you queuing?

If you're a DPS class, and you're using the queue menu to solo queue, expect a wait. Even during DD hour. Outside of DD hour, expect a comedy wait.

If you're a GF and you're using LFG to solo queue, expect to wait forever (conversely, if you're a GF and you're using the queue menu, expect a queue to pop almost instantly).
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    seek legit channel i promise you in a week you will get your full set
    loads of nice ppl that will be happy to help you.
  • sbgkjssbgkjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Im Jacob in game I have tried the LFG channel its a lame channel if you ask me.To much spamming.Your saying because ima GWF i wont get queued?Isnt this game a little class lacking?A dps class shouldnt be waiting so long in dungeons to get queued up so why is this happening?They need to address this problem.I will keep trying to find people to do dungeons with but **** it i need my tier 2s.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Every automated dungeon queue is trying to put together a group of 3 dps, a cleric and a guardian. Since a bazillion people play dps compared to the healer and tank roles, there's more competition for those slots.

People aren't recommending using LFG to gear up, but the custom legit community channel where there are more helpful folks who won't kick you and definitely won't try to exploit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sbgkjs wrote: »
    Im Jacob in game I have tried the LFG channel its a lame channel if you ask me.To much spamming.Your saying because ima GWF i wont get queued?Isnt this game a little class lacking?A dps class shouldnt be waiting so long in dungeons to get queued up so why is this happening?They need to address this problem.I will keep trying to find people to do dungeons with but **** it i need my tier 2s.

Your best bet is to find a guild. A good guild will have people who are happy to help you gear up.

A lot of top end players just stick to guild runs because there is accountability and no one is going to pull shenanigans like ninja looting and vote kicking. That's a major reason the dungeons seem dead. There's still lots of people doing them. They're just not doing them with the general public because of the frustrations you're articulating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sbgkjssbgkjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No sorry the guild thing is not working at all.I also hear there are tons of guild hoppers that go to guilds to steal.I wont be accused for this so i will stay put in my dead guild.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    That is a pretty lame reason for not finding a guild.

"I'm not a thief, but I also don't want to be randomly accused of being a thief, therefore I shall actively avoid a whole aspect of the in-game community."
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No sorry the guild thing is not working at all.I also hear there are tons of guild hoppers that go to guilds to steal.I wont be accused for this so i will stay put in my dead guild.

Well, that's your choice. But no one is going to be all that sympathetic to your plight when there is a fairly simple solution to your problem that you don't want to use just on personal preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An active guild or NW_Legit_Community channel is you best bet. If the latter, expect greed runs. Any sort of exploiting glitches won't be allowed. Nobody will be interested in your gear score. GWFs have a very easy time finding groups in that channel.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014

If you know you're not a guild hopper, then why bother with the opinions of others? There's an old saying about opinions....

Bottom line is you can't blame the devs for issues to which there are so many remedies readily available, if one would only take the time to look.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Like others have said, try a guild and the legit community channel, I always ask in there with my TR and most of the time I can get a party up and running with no trouble at all :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you know you're not a guild hopper, then why bother with the opinions of others? There's an old saying about opinions....

Bottom line is you can't blame the devs for issues to which there are so many remedies readily available, if one would only take the time to look.
    But one could, it it were allowed, blame the dev's and product managers for still having a broken, basically not working single player queue system, and a bad dungeon design.
    I say basically because:
    * need/greed issues
    * boss kicking
    * exploit runs
    * no need for GF/DC anywhere
    * being thrown into abandoned instances
    * speedruns

but yes, I also recommend to join the legit community and try to find a guild from there after a few runs in there. This might just work.
    I don't know why, but people in there tend to stay quite civil.

You can easily join this channel by typing /channel_join nw_legit_community
    Want to know more?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517081-NW_Legit_Community-Channel-Info-amp-Discussion
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Because you are a GWF you will be able to get groups with ease in LFG.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Every automated dungeon queue is trying to put together a group of 3 dps, a cleric and a guardian. Since a bazillion people play dps compared to the healer and tank roles, there's more competition for those slots.

People aren't recommending using LFG to gear up, but the custom legit community channel where there are more helpful folks who won't kick you and definitely won't try to exploit.

Lol, I have had no issues using lfg channel to gear any of my characters up. There are many ways to get groups - the queue system isn't one I'd ever use. By the way GWF is in a fair amount of demand so shouldnt have issues finding groups unless your gearscore is like 8k - in which case visit the ah and do some dailys for boons lol

You can even *gasp* make your own groups if you cant find one. Guilds help too. Should probably add this post was not directed at you becky - more the OP.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The OP is true, as explained by someone in this thread the queue system will wait until it can build a group that will include a DC and a GF, two classes that are not played as much as the other classes since the devs failed to make them attractive. So yes the blame is on the devs, twice. If this mandatory "DC+GF" pattern is kept, then each new class will make a bad case worse. Yes there are ways to hijack this, yes thanks to the community of players there are things like helpful guilds ans Legit channel, but OP's statement still stands.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    There aren't enough incentives to keep players running these dungeons.

Once they have the gear, they don't do dungeons anymore. Plus it is easy to get PVP gear from mainly doing PVP so you've filtered out the PVP audience as well
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    That is a pretty lame reason for not finding a guild.

"I'm not a thief, but I also don't want to be randomly accused of being a thief, therefore I shall actively avoid a whole aspect of the in-game community."

If you dont care to take other peoples advice......Why complain?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I used to crawl dungeons a LOT...

I probably have over 1000 under my belt. And I'd generally do any of them at any given time, I'd even queue up with T1s just for kicks.

But since IWD came out I don't think I've left the area other than to do the CTA.

I've been pretty much doing that exclusively.

I did dungeons for the fun and challenge. But I know a lot of people did them for loot and making AD, but with the advent of more and more BoP items a lot of them don't bother much anymore once they have their gear they wanted.

So yeah I'm sure they're pretty empty.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unfortunately the devs are to blame for the issues that have no available remedies by the player. The 2 latest dungeons, released in Mod 1 and 2 are MC and VT and aside from weapon MATS, they contain all BoP loot. Meaning the AD you can get from selling loot from the highest-tier dungeons in the game is very low. Also to exacerbate this problem, the amount of AD you can get from the historically more profitable dungeons, like T2 dungeons, is becoming lower and lower, even while AD is experiencing high inflation rates, because it is because less and less best-in-slot gear.

There hasn't been a single module that has released bind-on-equip gear and thus, purchasing Zen becomes much more of a requirement. They know their game is slowly dying, just look at the steam stats over the last few months. Their taking their remaining players base and what used to be a fairly balanced F2P but instead the name of the game is how to nickel and dime as much as they can get away with.

Coalescent wards becoming BoP is actually a related issue because it will cost a paying customer the same amount of refinement points and irl cash to make a weapon/armor enchant, but a free 2 play players price will cost %20-30 more. It's related to dungeons because it cases the playerbase to decrease meaning you will see less players in dungeons after the coalescent ward change.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I want to suggest again having coal wards drop at a low chance in dungeons and special events.

Enable players to earn them, make dungeons at little more viable to farm. You still make them BOP from the tarmalune merchant and you still prevent praybots from abusing it.
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ok, diff. topic. in the "relics of the past, how do you claim your reward? Ive beaten the boss, retieved the ring, have the relic, but there is a rock blocking the chest. WTF?
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    NW_Legit_Community

Like others have stated, that's a great place to start. I'm sure I am not alone in still liking to run those instances, specially since I have other alts I could gear. It may work better if instead of spamming (Your class) LFG T2, that you start the ball rolling and say that you are starting a group for whichever dungeon and start inviting. Who knows, I may even join you :)
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain