test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need clarity on the BI/Cold procs in pvp plz

quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The black ice damage procs actually do cold dmg in pvp, likely because cold dmg, or basically, the one damage type this game really has besides true dmg from some mobs, is resistible. But the defensive procs that say they trigger when you take BI dmg, we need to know if they trigger off of COLD dmg in pvp or if they are worthless.

As usual, the tooltip is frustratingly cryptic. Forcing us to figure it out out of our own pocketbook is getting old.

Reminds me of a question I asked akromatic about the new boons that say "allies" but not self. His answer was, "you'll have to test it and see, its exciting because you get to be a video game scientist!". Ugh, really?

Anyway, This lack of transparency is getting old. Especially when it costs us greatly to sort out what we should already know. Cut the trend, and clear this one up for us. Thnx.

~Jin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    Hey,

Are you talking about the boon itself or bi weapons? I know the BI weapons state there is a chance for BI damage. Which gear are you specifically talking about?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The black ice accessory set procs on taking black ice damage , he might mean that?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    He does mean that.

If players cannot deal black ice damage, which the one player-dealt source of (corrupted weapon set) is specifically stated to be changed to cold damage against other players, then the accessories are not so good for PvP, despite having tenacity.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    He does mean that.

If players cannot deal black ice damage, which the one player-dealt source of (corrupted weapon set) is specifically stated to be changed to cold damage against other players, then the accessories are not so good for PvP, despite having tenacity.

I am using the black corrupted belt for my TR, regen, recovery, HP not too shabby
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    I am using the black corrupted belt for my TR, regen, recovery, HP not too shabby
    How special, now, back to the topic at hand.....
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What you don't want to be a scientist?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF