test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it posible to obtain black ice wep as a tr?

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Im doing about 5+ beholders, and more than 20 prospectors etc every day. After one month I still didnt get the weapon. I read somewhere that HEs count the damage you made and give you award based on that. Anyone can confirm that?

I also wonder if there is any tr around who got wep/ gloves after "drop nerf" patch?
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have gotten 2 black ice weapons from the beholder. Only fight him once or twice since the "drop nerf" so I can't comment on that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I have gotten 2 black ice weapons from the beholder. Only fight him once or twice since the "drop nerf" so I can't comment on that.

so u got ur weps before patch right?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's certainly possible, but I got it within the first week.

What I will say is that I'm not convinced that running around actively trying to farm the encounters gets you a significantly better chance at the drops than just doing ones that happen to spawn near you while doing your quests. I think being there from the beginning rather than asking for invitations so you can instance-hop and arrive midway through the battle ends up weighing more heavily on your participation level, especially when the encounter is being zerged by 40+ other people who also flooded into the instance after the fight started.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heh I cant find even one tr who got his wep after "nerf drop patch"...
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Man, you DON'T need to do Beholder to get MH. I got mine from Undead Invasion. The problem is that everybody thinks only Beholder drops them and thus it is *always* crowded.

Try doing the other Epic HE.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    TR here. Got mine after the patch.

RNG is random. I've only done Beholder maybe 4 times. Can't offer any advice other than 'get there early and kill stuff'.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Man, you DON'T need to do Beholder to get MH. I got mine from Undead Invasion. The problem is that everybody thinks only Beholder drops them and thus it is *always* crowded.

Try doing the other Epic HE.

As I wrote in first post Im doing more than 20 prospectors/undead invasion/bear etc every day... doesnt help:/
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    I have had the curse of the glove drop based on a forum post earlier, that took me over 5 weeks to get after the nerf patch. However I wanted to comment on the main hand, I got that prepatch and then I got one after the patch.

The main hand does not just drop from the beholder, the second main hand drop was from the remorhaz.