test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misa's PVP/PVE Hybrid Destroyer GWF Build for mod 3

iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Militia Barracks
61f3a6c162.jpg
#Note: This is a work in progress, I will update and add more as I have time
#Note: I will post pics when the servers are back up and I can get screenshots.
#Note: Feel free to ask questions, give feedback/suggestions, etc. I will try to get back to you when I can.
#In the meantime, here is a link to the build: http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyn:27sips:1zwvr4,13ilx0i:100000:1vu5t1:1u0000&h=1&p=ivn
#note that nwcalc derps on human feats, if not human, dont worry about constitution focus, and the crit severity feat should be taken.

Many people requested I post and explain my GWF build, so, here it is!

General Notes
The focus of this build is to be not just viable but dominant in both pvp and pve. If you want to have one character that can do very well in both pvp and pve, this is the build for you. Granted, a build optimized for one or the other will preform better in that area, but not by much. My choices in this build are made to not sacrifice viability in one for the other. Once geared, you should be topping damage charts and dominating in pvp, given you have the skill. No magic formula, no abusing broken/bugged things, this build just works. So, on to the build.

Basics

Race:
I chose human, as GWF has many excellent heroic feats. Half-orc, halfling, and dwarf are also good choices, whatever suits your fancy.

Stat roll:
You want to shoot for high STR and CON. These are your most important stats, and they will benefit you in both pvp and pve. DEX is less important for this build, as your pve gear gives you tons of crit, and crit is much less important to you in pvp. If you have 14-16 starting DEX, you will be fine (that means you will have 16-18 at level 60). You should aim for your STR and CON to be over 20 at level 60, and you will want to put all your points into these two.
8ec8b48693.jpg

Paragon:
Iron Vanguard. It is simply better in every way, and the only viable choice for pvp. IV will do the same or more damage in pve as SM, with better utility, and in pvp there is no real comparison. Swordmaster is only a viable choice for a pve only build, which obviously is not what this build is focused on.

Gear:
PVE: nothing different here. Avatar of War 4/4 for armor, Dread Legion weapon set until you can craft fallen dragon/fomorian/black ice (haven't really tested that one yet). For accessories, get things that give you the stats you need. (I will post a screenshot of my gear once the servers are back up). Generally you want radiants in offense slots and azure/dark in defense slots. For weapon enchant, use Vorpal or Plaguefire. Armor enchant should be soulforged or barkshield.
be9e022b5f.jpg
PVP: This is a little more open for debate. Personally, I use mixed grim sentinel/instigator armor, for the bonus HP. I found more HP to be of more use to me than a little more deflect and a chance to slow. Profound Sentinel is also good, or whatever you feel works best and gives you the stats you need. The best weapon enchant will be Plaguefire, and for armor enchant, there are several viable options. Soulforged is decent, barkshield is expensive but probably best, but briartwine and negation can also be good.
787a583522.jpg

Powers:
PVE:
At-wills: Sure Strike and Wicked Strike. Threatening Rush replaces Wicked Strike in single target or special cases, like kiting in frozen heart.
Encounters:
-Indomitable Battle Strike: This one is a no brainer. It does massive damage and can hit multiple targets, especially when you have control wizards using Singularity to group mobs.
-Not So Fast: This does decent damage, has a large aoe, and counts as a "control power". It will proc the Avatar of War bonus (assuming you hit at least 3 things) in a single use, and it has a fairly short cooldown. If you want, you can replace this with Roar, or Come and Get It if there is no CW in the group. Replace this with Restoring Strike in single target.
-Frontline Surge: Great damage, great control, and it also will proc Avatar of War in one use. Use this as an opener. Replace with takedown in single target (much faster cooldown).
Dailies:
-Spinning Strike: Great damage, no target cap, and you take very little damage while using it, and fills your determination.
-Avalanche of Steel: This is your "panic" button. You take no damage for a few second, during which you can still use potions, then come down, proning everything around you and dealing lots of damage (usually enough to heal back to full with life steal).
-Slam: Use this for aggro. When you need to be the tank, this is what you use.
-Indomitable Strength: This is your primary single target daily. Tons of damage and good control (assuming the target isn't immune)
Passives:
Destroyer: Not much I really need to say here, more damage. With the focused destroyer feat it is still good in single target as well.
Weapon Master: More crit never hurts.
PVP:
At Wills:
-Sure Strike: primary single target damage at will. Animates quickly and does good damage, especially with the Executioner's style feat (I have seen it hit for over 5k in pvp and over 30k in pve).
-Threatening Rush: Spammable gap closer. This is what you use to chase down those classes with dodges. It also does some damage, which is a nice bonus.
Encounters:
-Takedown: Prone with good damage and a very short cooldown. As destroyer this hits very hard.
-Frontline Surge: Massive damage, great control, large aoe. Useful for hitting permas or other annoying classes.
-Roar: optionally, replace FLS with this. Shorter cooldown and still decent damage, and interrupts. Currently it also seems to be bugged where it can interrupt targets immune to CC. Personally, I find FLS to be better still.
-Indomitable Battle Strike: This is your kill move. Usually this will be the last skill you use in your rotation, as you want your target to be below half for maximum damage output. This hits insanely hard (I have gotten 30k at times, usually see between 10-18k).
Dailies:
-Indomitable Strength: Massive damage on a single target plus prone and knockback. Great for finishing or knocking enemies off a node.
-Slam: I usually slot this to deal with permastealth rouges. Avalanche of Steel is also a viable choice, for an escape and a big aoe prone.
Passives:
-Bravery: More deflect, and more run speed. With this you will be very mobile, and probably the fastest thing on the battlefield. Because we have no dodge and very little range on attacks, moving quickly is very useful. Sprinting you can even outrun 110% mounts.
-Weapon Master/Destroyer/Trample The Fallen: All of these are viable choices. Weapon Master gives you some free crit %, which is always nice. Destroyer works well when the other team is tanky, as you will be able to get max stacks in longer fights. Trample the fallen works well when your team has lots of control.

Pets:
-Augment of your choice: any stone or cat will do fine, I prefer the radiance stone, but might is also good, allure is acceptable, but slightly less good because the active bonus is not working (it will never proc).
-Renegade Evoker: This is quite possibly the best pet for your buck. It comes from the chest in VT, and there are plenty on the AH for fairly cheap. At green it is good, (about 550 damage per proc), but he gets even better if you upgrade him. Also works great in open PvP, I have killed people with his active alone.
-Blacksmith: More expensive than the evoker, but also very good. Amazing synergy with evoker in open pvp.
-Rust Monster: probably the cheapest epic companion on the AH, and has a good active. works really well in boss fights by reducing damage the boss does.
-personally, I use slyph for the other slot, but that wont be an option for most people. Pseudodragon, Galeb Duhr, Wild Hunt Rider, Dancing Blade, and Dread Warrior are also very good choices.

--Stay tuned for more--
Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
GWF guide: click me
Post edited by iaccidentally47 on

Comments

• Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    (This space reserved)
    PvP stats:
    02a1bd6fb0.jpg
    8e19197caf.jpg
    PvE stats:
    28b638455c.jpg
    75dd176409.jpg
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PVP: This is a little more open for debate. Personally, I use mixed grim sentinel/instigator armor, for the bonus HP. I found more HP to be of more use to me than a little more deflect and a chance to slow.

As you mentioned, open for debate. I find the 7.5% more deflect a better option than a bit more of HP that I can easily get with the new artifacts, my destroyer gwf have 45% deflect in pvp and seems to be a lot tougher than with less deflect and just a bit more of HP. What's exactly the extra amount of HP that you get using mixed sets, 1800 isnt it? 7.5%+ deflection sounds better than 1.8k HP.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1800 x 2 plus the HP on the items themselves. Like I said though, this is what works better for me. If you have very high CON or are getting plenty of HP from other sources, then the 4/4 Profound Sentinel set is probably best.

Side note: I will run some numbers to see what I can find out about this later.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As you mentioned, open for debate. I find the 7.5% more deflect a better option than a bit more of HP that I can easily get with the new artifacts, my destroyer gwf have 45% deflect in pvp and seems to be a lot tougher than with less deflect and just a bit more of HP. What's exactly the extra amount of HP that you get using mixed sets, 1800 isnt it? 7.5%+ deflection sounds better than 1.8k HP.

I also prefer the +7.5% deflection over the extra HP. In full profound I'm at 42k HP on Cubik anyway which is enough so long as I'm not 2v1 for too long or mess up my rotation (and if you mess up your rotation twice, you deserve to die regardless.)

However, the good thing is that GWF as it is right now has quite a lot of flexibility in gear setup, just based on your passives and accessories.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I agree, if you have 42k HP, then you are much better off with the full set. I don't have quite that much, so I use this for now. I may switch to a full set in the future once I have finished upgrading my GWF aritfact and moved to all rank 9's, but for my current setup I found I just didn't have enough HP without using the mixed sets, and being destroyer I just want to spend as much time in unstoppable as possible, which is slower with tons of deflect. As I said in the OP, it is very open for debate, and there are many viable choices. I think the black ice gear could also be very good, but personally I don't want to go through all the trouble of keeping it empowered.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PVP:
    Dailies:
    -Indomitable Strength: Massive damage on a single target plus prone and knockback. Great for finishing or knocking enemies off a node.
    -Slam: I usually slot this to deal with permastealth rouges. Avalanche of Steel is also a viable choice, for an escape and a big aoe prone.

It should be noted that the daily you use is based on who you are fighting. At the moment I prefer savage advance over indomitable strength because it's a gap closing high damage sniping daily, very good in a tight melee at 2 or for chasing down the person running for a pot. Indomitable strength is more useful against classes that have less mobility, particularly 1v1 against other GWFs or GFs.

For GG PvP avalanche is a a must. Trololol on a node.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    It should be noted that the daily you use is based on who you are fighting. At the moment I prefer savage advance over indomitable strength because it's a gap closing high damage sniping daily, very good in a tight melee at 2 or for chasing down the person running for a pot. Indomitable strength is more useful against classes that have less mobility, particularly 1v1 against other GWFs or GFs.

For GG PvP avalanche is a a must. Trololol on a node.

Agreed, one of the most important aspects of pvp is knowing your enemy and being able to adapt.
  • Options
    larsalexander123larsalexander123 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    #Note: This is a work in progress, I will update and add more as I have time
    #Note: I will post pics when the servers are back up and I can get screenshots.
    #Note: Feel free to ask questions, give feedback/suggestions, etc. I will try to get back to you when I can.
    #In the meantime, here is a link to the build: http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyn:27sips:1zwvr4,13ilx0i:100000:1vu5t1:1u0000&h=1&p=ivn

Many people requested I post and explain my GWF build, so, here it is!

General Notes
    The focus of this build is to be not just viable but dominant in both pvp and pve. If you want to have one character that can do very well in both pvp and pve, this is the build for you. Granted, a build optimized for one or the other will preform better in that area, but not by much. My choices in this build are made to not sacrifice viability in one for the other. Once geared, you should be topping damage charts and dominating in pvp, given you have the skill. No magic formula, no abusing broken/bugged things, this build just works. So, on to the build.

Basics

Race:
    I chose human, as GWF has many excellent heroic feats. Half-orc, halfling, and dwarf are also good choices, whatever suits your fancy.

Stat roll:
    You want to shoot for high STR and CON. These are your most important stats, and they will benefit you in both pvp and pve. DEX is less important for this build, as your pve gear gives you tons of crit, and crit is much less important to you in pvp. If you have 14-16 starting DEX, you will be fine (that means you will have 16-18 at level 60). You should aim for your STR and CON to be over 20 at level 60, and you will want to put all your points into these two.

Paragon:
    Iron Vanguard. It is simply better in every way, and the only viable choice for pvp. IV will do the same or more damage in pve as SM, with better utility, and in pvp there is no real comparison. Swordmaster is only a viable choice for a pve only build, which obviously is not what this build is focused on.

Gear:
    PVE: nothing different here. Avatar of War 4/4 for armor, Dread Legion weapon set until you can craft fallen dragon/fomorian/black ice (haven't really tested that one yet). For accessories, get things that give you the stats you need. (I will post a screenshot of my gear once the servers are back up). Generally you want radiants in offense slots and azure/dark in defense slots. For weapon enchant, use Vorpal or Plaguefire. Armor enchant should be soulforged or barkshield.
    PVP: This is a little more open for debate. Personally, I use mixed grim sentinel/instigator armor, for the bonus HP. I found more HP to be of more use to me than a little more deflect and a chance to slow. Profound Sentinel is also good, or whatever you feel works best and gives you the stats you need. The best weapon enchant will be Plaguefire, and for armor enchant, there are several viable options. Soulforged is decent, barkshield is expensive but probably best, but briartwine and negation can also be good.

Powers:
    PVE:
    At-wills: Sure Strike and Wicked Strike. Threatening Rush replaces Wicked Strike in single target or special cases, like kiting in frozen heart.
    Encounters:
    -Indomitable Battle Strike: This one is a no brainer. It does massive damage and can hit multiple targets, especially when you have control wizards using Singularity to group mobs.
    -Not So Fast: This does decent damage, has a large aoe, and counts as a "control power". It will proc the Avatar of War bonus (assuming you hit at least 3 things) in a single use, and it has a fairly short cooldown. If you want, you can replace this with Roar, or Come and Get It if there is no CW in the group. Replace this with Restoring Strike in single target.
    -Frontline Surge: Great damage, great control, and it also will proc Avatar of War in one use. Use this as an opener. Replace with takedown in single target (much faster cooldown).
    Dailies:
    -Spinning Strike: Great damage, no target cap, and you take very little damage while using it, and fills your determination.
    -Avalanche of Steel: This is your "panic" button. You take no damage for a few second, during which you can still use potions, then come down, proning everything around you and dealing lots of damage (usually enough to heal back to full with life steal).
    -Slam: Use this for aggro. When you need to be the tank, this is what you use.
    -Indomitable Strength: This is your primary single target daily. Tons of damage and good control (assuming the target isn't immune)
    Passives:
    Destroyer: Not much I really need to say here, more damage. With the focused destroyer feat it is still good in single target as well.
    Weapon Master: More crit never hurts.
    PVP:
    At Wills:
    -Sure Strike: primary single target damage at will. Animates quickly and does good damage, especially with the Executioner's style feat (I have seen it hit for over 5k in pvp and over 30k in pve).
    -Threatening Rush: Spammable gap closer. This is what you use to chase down those classes with dodges. It also does some damage, which is a nice bonus.
    Encounters:
    -Takedown: Prone with good damage and a very short cooldown. As destroyer this hits very hard.
    -Frontline Surge: Massive damage, great control, large aoe. Useful for hitting permas or other annoying classes.
    -Roar: optionally, replace FLS with this. Shorter cooldown and still decent damage, and interrupts. Currently it also seems to be bugged where it can interrupt targets immune to CC. Personally, I find FLS to be better still.
    -Indomitable Battle Strike: This is your kill move. Usually this will be the last skill you use in your rotation, as you want your target to be below half for maximum damage output. This hits insanely hard (I have gotten 30k at times, usually see between 10-18k).
    Dailies:
    Passives:
    -Bravery: More deflect, and more run speed. With this you will be very mobile, and probably the fastest thing on the battlefield. Because we have no dodge and very little range on attacks, moving quickly is very useful. Sprinting you can even outrun 110% mounts.
    -Weapon Master/Destroyer/Trample The Fallen: All of these are viable choices. Weapon Master gives you some free crit %, which is always nice. Destroyer works well when the other team is tanky, as you will be able to get max stacks in longer fights. Trample the fallen works well when your team has lots of control.

--Stay tuned for more--

Thanks for updating. I will wait for the screenshots of your gears. ( I was the one who said to update your build in the legit channel :D )
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This build has helped me greatly.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    This build has helped me greatly.
    Glad I could help!
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question, why no Greater Ring of Health? I heard they're the best for GWF for pvp
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Question, why no Greater Ring of Health? I heard they're the best for GWF for pvp
    It is indeed a very good choice, however I find other things to be equally useful. Also I usually just sell the ones I get. I'm not here to tell you exactly what gear is best for you, you have to find what works best for you.
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is indeed a very good choice, however I find other things to be equally useful. Also I usually just sell the ones I get. I'm not here to tell you exactly what gear is best for you, you have to find what works best for you.

Thank you so much for the response. Btw I was that guy in legit figuring out how to copy your link :P
  • Options
    wbfoley100wbfoley100 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question about a feat choice:

Why did you choose Relentless Battle Fury over Student of the Sword or Powerful Challenge? If you run Takedown and Roar all the time, I can understand. My normal setup is Takedown, IBS, FLS, so that feat seems to be a bit of a waste. Also in the heroic tier, devastating critical seems like a feat that needs to be taken. Constitution Focus and Steely Defense just that much better?

Also do you have any suggestions for new to 60 GWFs gear wise? Going to be going with a full set of Heroic Duelist for pvp. Will that be good enough for pve until I can pick up some Avatar of War stuff?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wbfoley100 wrote: »
    Question about a feat choice:

Why did you choose Relentless Battle Fury over Student of the Sword or Powerful Challenge? If you run Takedown and Roar all the time, I can understand. My normal setup is Takedown, IBS, FLS, so that feat seems to be a bit of a waste. Also in the heroic tier, devastating critical seems like a feat that needs to be taken. Constitution Focus and Steely Defense just that much better?

Also do you have any suggestions for new to 60 GWFs gear wise? Going to be going with a full set of Heroic Duelist for pvp. Will that be good enough for pve until I can pick up some Avatar of War stuff?

1) Student of the Sword is absolutely terrible now, so no point taking it in any build.
    2) Takedown hitting for 10k+ every 6 seconds? amazing.
    3) You get plenty of crit from gear, so you really dont need more.
    4) gear wise, that should be okay. use whatever the best you have is until you can get the gear that you really need.
  • Options
    jagerblue2jagerblue2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just to note that if you are going to have 20-21 CON, then you only need at most 1.2k~ armor penetration, but could probably get by just fine with 800-900.
  • Options
    jbgxellizjbgxelliz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yay, thanks for posting Miss. I've been severely neglecting my GWF for my TR since Mod 3 released. Now I can get him fixed.

Also, what Boons do you suggest?
  • Options
    spirifrisspirifris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    (...)
    Race:

Stat roll:
    8ec8b48693.jpg

Just one question: are your stats buffed by Potion of Heroism and campfire? They must be...On human race I have (with campfire) 23 str, 22 con, 18 dex, 13 int/wis/char.
    I disagree with some of your power and feat choices but nvm (I'm too tired to discuss it right now and I see that your build is more pvp oriented than pve).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    spirifris wrote: »
    Just one question: are your stats buffed by Potion of Heroism and campfire? They must be...On human race I have (with campfire) 23 str, 22 con, 18 dex, 13 int/wis/char.
    I disagree with some of your power and feat choices but nvm (I'm too tired to discuss it right now and I see that your build is more pvp oriented than pve).
    Yes, that is with campfire and potion of heroism, I took the screenshot right after a pvp match and I guess I wasn't thinking about it.
    As far as feat choices go, I tried to pick things that would be useful in both pve and pvp, but there are a few that are too good in pvp to pass up. However, this build works very well for me in pve, and everyone I've talked to using it agrees.
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The focus of this build is to be not just viable but dominant in both pvp and pve. If you want to have one character that can do very well in both pvp and pve, this is the build for you. Granted, a build optimized for one or the other will preform better in that area, but not by much. My choices in this build are made to not sacrifice viability in one for the other. Once geared, you should be topping damage charts and dominating in pvp, given you have the skill.

Its never viable. You sacrifice a lot. GWF doesn't need skill he needs gear more than everyone else as a melee ( i dont count gf cause hes dead ). You cant top damage chars against CWs. You cant dominate PvP cause of Puglife and against premades you suck balls with your 1.1K regen and not even 40k HP.
    You shouldn't post pictures of buffed stats since you can easily die in PvP and your campfire buff is gone.
    Your armorpen is arguable for a endgame build. Your STR roll is arguable for PvP. Crit matters a lot in PvP definitly on a burst class like GWF. Dwarf sucks. You go Half-Orc for PvE and Halfling for PvP.

But hey your feats are good for PvP but put 5/5 in Relentless Battle Fury and take a point out of Disciple of War or leave Deep Gash at all and get a Greater Plague Fire which has the same utility.
    Savage Advantage is a good-to-have in PvP if you battle a TR on 1 or 3.
    Not-So-Fast and FLS is questionable, Punishing Charge is worth the consideration. (dat AP gain)

Don't think this is a rant or anything your build has good points. At least you use AoW and you got kinda the right encounters.
    Epic rewelry mostly sucks in PvE and PvP reconsider that ;)

Piece BlackyLuke

PS: Feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    blackyluke wrote: »
    Its never viable. You sacrifice a lot. GWF doesn't need skill he needs gear more than everyone else as a melee ( i dont count gf cause hes dead ). You cant top damage chars against CWs. You cant dominate PvP cause of Puglife and against premades you suck balls with your 1.1K regen and not even 40k HP.
    You shouldn't post pictures of buffed stats since you can easily die in PvP and your campfire buff is gone.
    Your armorpen is arguable for a endgame build. Your STR roll is arguable for PvP. Crit matters a lot in PvP definitly on a burst class like GWF. Dwarf sucks. You go Half-Orc for PvE and Halfling for PvP.

But hey your feats are good for PvP but put 5/5 in Relentless Battle Fury and take a point out of Disciple of War or leave Deep Gash at all and get a Greater Plague Fire which has the same utility.
    Savage Advantage is a good-to-have in PvP if you battle a TR on 1 or 3.
    Not-So-Fast and FLS is questionable, Punishing Charge is worth the consideration. (dat AP gain)

Don't think this is a rant or anything your build has good points. At least you use AoW and you got kinda the right encounters.
    Epic rewelry mostly sucks in PvE and PvP reconsider that ;)

Piece BlackyLuke

PS: Feel free to PM me.

Well let me start by saying that pretty much everything you put here is completely unproven, based on opinion, or just wrong. From a min maxers point of view, yes race selection is important. That is about the only valid point here, and since I did not build for one or the other, it is really not that big of a deal. However, I destroy half orcs in paingiver and flatten halflings in pvp, so either everyone else is just bad or I'm doing something right. At the end of the day, race selection makes very very little difference in either.

I guess I need to break down this... whatever it is that you posted.

"GWF doesn't need skill he needs gear more than everyone else as a melee"
    This honestly makes me immediately believe that you are writing this because a GWF killed you in pvp. It also shows you know nothing at all about how the class works. So, instantly you have lost a lot of credibility in my book. Sure, GWF needs gear to be dominant, but find me a class that does not. I measure success on how well you compete against equally geared and skilled opponents. You go on to say that I cant beat CW's on damage charts. I can and I do. So do others using my build. And the CW's I run with are some of the best out there. So, you're wrong on that count. Then you say I can't compete in PvP against premades. I can and I do, and so do others in using my build. So, either it's skill or I'm doing something right.

Pretty much every choice in my build is the result of hours of research and discussion with others. It works. I do not know why you feel the need to rain all over it, but please before you go insulting someone else, have the decency to be able to back it up. So, thanks for the input, but I really do not think you present anything valid or constructive here.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    blackyluke wrote: »

Let me just say that I don't know you, so I can't speak on your performance. However, I have run many dungeons with Miss and she destroys everything. Also, I have watched her last a very long time against EoA GG premades. So...yeah
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    Takes a certain kind of person to try to bash another for helping people, who requested their build in a post. To make information available. Most builds are "this is what I use and I like it, so here it is." IF it's not something you don't think you would use then don't. But treat people with a little respect once and a while and we might start to feel like a society of people.

Write your own guide and simply move along.

“Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.”
    ― Horace Mann
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know all of you guys and I am sure blackyluke will win any DPS race (unless you come with a CW since he's right about CWs outdpsing any GWF). Also he has some solid points in his post. FYI - he's GWF only and really knows what he's doing, PVE and PVP. I dare say he's the strongest PVE GWF waltzing around NW right now (with Cup's/Valiant's inactivity).

I also fail to see where he offended anyone and struggle to grasp your offensive reactions.

No offense to any of you guys, I like burning mobs equally with anyone of you.

Now that I have all aggro, spank me.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are many, many good players around but their problem is that they are not popular because they don't belong to a big guild, post very detailed guides or are usually active in the forum, so saying that this guy is the best only because other two are inactive.. geez, get out of the bubble.

The thing is that there's people who wants to help others and this is more useful than a person who came only to say: "hey, your guide suck and I'm the best, ok?" Instead of: hey, I would like to advice this skill and that feat i.e works for me, etc.

However, this is funny "You cant top damage chars against CWs." Guess what, Yes, you can and if you can't do it then you are not as good as you claim to be.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK I'm done here.
    Thanks for sharing, Miss, I really appreciate that and your skill.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I find it sad that all people seem to care about is winning the dps race. Is that the only utility a GWF brings to a team? Of course not. Often the ones trying to out damage everyone else are more of a harm to their team than a benefit. Also as I have made it abundantly clear this is NOT a pure pve or pvp build, it is a hybrid build. So if a pure pve build beats me on paingiver, good for them. If a minmaxed pvp build beats me in pvp, good for them. The number of times this actually happens is not many. I don't really know blackyluke's build or skill, so I can't really say much to that. I made this post because many, many people asked me to post and explain my build. Is it going to be the absolute best for everyone? Of course not. The build is only as good as the person using it. I'm just trying to help people, and maybe put them on the right track. I think I have proven that I do just fine in both pve and pvp, which is the entire point of the build. I may never be the absolute top dps GWF or the best of the best in pvp, but that is not what I even set out to do in the first place.

As far as the response goes: Sometimes it is how you say something and not what you say. The way it was written made it seem like I was being looked down on. I'm sure that was not the intent, but the tone of the post was kind of offensive. But lets just move on, because we don't need to be having this sort of thing here.
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I find it sadder that people are actually flaming other people's build when they don't even share their own and claim to be "all-knowing", apart from the fact that PvE is such a joke in this game where dealing the highest DPS doesn't even matter any more than a plate of leftover fish and chips.

People share their build, you either give constructive criticism or gtfo with your ad-hoc.
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Miss, what enchants are you using, especially for PVP? I am slowly building to this build with my newer GWF, and have no clue how you are getting the stats you are using that gear, I must be missing stuff.

Also, what boons do you recommend?