test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTA leechers

bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Please, in the next CTA, allow vote kicking. I have done around 60 CTAs and no shaman yet, and to make the thing worse, in around 15 of them there was 1-2 players sitting in camp only waiting to grab the reward in the end.:mad:
Post edited by bdragonb on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The queue pops almost as fast as you click to join so where a player is leeching I just leave and advise the others to do so too unless me or one of the other active players is leader then I just kick the leecher.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mlketysonmlketyson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully in the next event they'll have it scale to the groups overall gear rating. I've been in groups with llevel 15, 17, 23, and 34 and I'm the only level 60. Or they'll have one for level 60's specifically and then a 6-59 or something. They need to make separate groups with this. A good group with all level 60's can go by in about 5-8 minutes. A bad group with low levels can take up to 15 minutes to complete since they can't output the damage and 1 person is carrying the entire group. I remember there was one I did 2.7m damage and the next person only did 750k. Why must I use all my potions and carry the group for them to get rewards at the end? Please for the next even make a level 60-only queue. :D THANKS.
    edited June 2014
    mlketyson wrote: »
    Hopefully in the next event they'll have it scale to the groups overall gear rating. I've been in groups with llevel 15, 17, 23, and 34 and I'm the only level 60. Or they'll have one for level 60's specifically and then a 6-59 or something. They need to make separate groups with this. A good group with all level 60's can go by in about 5-8 minutes. A bad group with low levels can take up to 15 minutes to complete since they can't output the damage and 1 person is carrying the entire group. I remember there was one I did 2.7m damage and the next person only did 750k. Why must I use all my potions and carry the group for them to get rewards at the end? Please for the next even make a level 60-only queue. :D THANKS.

In other CTA when I have been placed with a full party of non capped players I have always run it anyway but not anymore with this one , I did it a couple of times and ended up running about chased by super annoying trappers and mystics while the others took forever to kill the dragon lol.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol yeah those trappers were annoying at times.

I didn't mind though, I was practically soloing the thing half the time too, I considered it a challenge with the goal of avoiding the Trappers nets. I just circled the Dragon drawing them closer as they chased me, and once they got close, Steal Time on them and Shard them right under the Dragon. Then tossed a CoI + FtF combo on the Dragon which hits just about everything somewhat near the Dragon as its area it takes up is HUGE.

Then everything would close in again then I'd use an Oppressive Force to finish it all off. So I'd be down to just the Dragon again.

Once I figured out good tactics for soloing it, all the lowbies and undergeared people in the CTA were not much of a problem contribution wise anymore. I think that was why I had so much fun in it. I did have the occasional geared player or player who knew what they were doing in there which helped a great deal.

Every now and then I'd get a Geared Rogue in there and since I use a lot of Nightmare Wizardry he would just go to town on that Dragon which was a big help also the occasional geared GWF. But generally I was doing about 2 million to whatever the rest of the party had.

Then I'd hop out and do a couple of Kessel Skirmishes where I'd actually be with a seriously geared crew and it was like night and day. Lets face it though, in IWD you're generally running with the upper eschelons of the classes and we're all seriously geared there.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bots, bots everywhere and they get the lead all the time, I assume dude running multiple accounts... Do events with friends or at least a full group. but be aware that even on a 14kgs group you will find dudes with like 16kgs doing worse than a cleric... at least it will be faster anyway.
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just want to add, when there are at least 3 level 60's and one of those is a CW, the CW is not supposed to be the tank ;) On a brighter note, I did get the achievement for doing the most damage in 10 skirmishes.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the Healing achievement - on my GF :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You only need two competent 60's to finish it.. anywhere in the mid range grouping is fine 13k+ with lessers or something. Anything added above that just speeds it up.. hey even some poor 16 that gets aggro helps, one less add for me to kite or worry about for a second.

I never asked to be in a group, never saw any people stand around like you were saying.. and I just queued it all, never bothered joining a group.

I probably ran like 50 give or take total. Never got anything but the junk so stopped doing it.

I use alot more potions on my DC in IWD then anything else.. stupid cleric nerfs.. stupid cryptic for nerfing clerics all to junk.

Enough said about that I guess.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would argue from experience that you can finish it with only one competent 60, though it might take a while.

I was saying to my husband last night that the best thing about CTAs might actually be the bad-PUG war stories.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I was going to say, you only need one,

....and then a few bodies to occupy the rest until you can get around to them.
    edited June 2014
    Well one competent 60 and 4 competent lower levels , the level 60 isn't much use if they are getting dragged left and right by trappers and poisoned by mystics because the other 4 are simple and rather attack ''da big bad dwagon'' and don't seem to understand that the one level 60 can kill the dragon twice as fast as all the others put together if they occupy the adds and leave the dragon to the level 60 , I'd rather requeue than risk getting stuck in the skirmish for several times longer than necessary but each to their own and whatnot xD.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Had some of my worst CTA experiences in this one.

The one run where I - a DC sporting Astral Seal, Astral Shield, Forgemasters Flame, Divine Glow, and Hallowed Ground ended up with Pain Giver, Executioner and Field Medic firsts.

The one where the lvl 28 player sat in the back - not in camp - and piled up a whopping 10k damage.

Or the multiple times I ended up tanking what seemed like all the adds. Hint: When the DC runs up to you, and drops an Astral Shield on top of the two of you, you may want to engage the 6-12 mobs that are beating on them. Just sayin'....

My worry is that you'll get abuse of the kick power if it is implemented. Yeah, I had some bad runs. That's life. I'll hike up my big boy shorts and soldier on. If it was a really big deal to me that I needed to make sure I knew I was grouped with competent people, I should have got a guild group together. You play with strangers, you run the risk that some are 1. leechers or 2. Not that good.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As soon as all 5 people zone-in to the CTA, a 30-second timer should start. If you don't move to the actual encounter area within that time, it should display an auto-kick popup, with a 10-second countdown. If you don't move into the combat zone during that, you should then be kicked from the CTA. I'd rather struggle with a partial team, then be on a full team where 1 or more players just hang back and potentially collect the rewards for no work.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited June 2014
    Well I personally didn't see that on any of mine.

And the end, I always saw the rest of the players doing damage. Even if it was just a 150k or so. I know at least the ones in my runs were legit.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No bots in my parties either and i ran the CTA exactly 420 times, in total. People should try to keep in mind, that many gamers experienced massive lag spikes in this skirmish and eventually ended up, being stuck at the campfire due to latency related problems and thus cannot really be considered leeching.

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I never had anyone stay at the campfire but I did end up kicking a few players from the teams where I was the leader for not participating. some examples are

1. guy died on the first marsh mystic appearance, was rezzed and died again. Stayed dead until Garrundar appeared - kicked at this point
    2. GWF was participating until dragon appeared. Than ran to back of the map waited about 30 seconds and than started attacking air for another 30 seconds. I even ran back away from the dragon to verify there was no mobs back there. - kicked at this point.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they get to you, you'll have a hard time playing this game. Between the "Last Boss Kickers", "PVP Akers", "PVP Bots", "Node Skill Bots", "Gold Sellers/Spammers" and "CTA/Skirmishes Leechers" you will have to build a pessimist shell.

My Advice to you; sigh, shrug and try to enjoy yourself is the only thing you can do.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    If they get to you, you'll have a hard time playing this game. Between the "Last Boss Kickers", "PVP Akers", "PVP Bots", "Node Skill Bots", "Gold Sellers/Spammers" and "CTA/Skirmishes Leechers" you will have to build a pessimist shell.

My Advice to you; sigh, shrug and try to enjoy yourself is the only thing you can do.

Don't forget quest objective ninjas. They're the reason why I've decided to skip half of the Icewind Dale quests They're not worth the grief.

All of this falls under the general category of "antisocial behavior": people acting callously, selfishly, or otherwise toward other players, then having the gall to accuse them of "whining" when called out on it, or even gloating with the rejoinder, "Cryptic doesn't care."

There's a saying: "Silence is consent."

Is open-world PvP supposed to work this way, i.e. the law of the jungle? It's not reflective of real life: in real life, people band together to combat barbaric behavior. We institute laws and give people the authority and ability to enforce them. Or, for a lesser example, we form specialized guilds with real teeth (not the clubs posing as guilds in MMO's). In the Renaissance era, guilds held real power: offend a guild and you suffered real consequences. What if stealing a quest objective from a DC got you blacklisted from the clerics' guild and could no longer receive healing? Now that's realistic. What if a repeat offender against the guild found himself relentlessly hunted by hired killers? It has happened.

The present situation of antisocial behavior without consequence is in no way realistic, so what say you, Cryptic staff? Is this working as intended or is it a problem that you intend to address?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured