test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Score.. Confusing to anyone else?

aaeezzeeaaeezzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone have a real answer as to how gear score is calculated?

I was under the impression that as your gear improved your gear score would climb as well. When I logged out last night I was sitting at roughly 9400 GS and today, after logging in, I decided to respec to optimize my DPS. Long story short, I lost 9% HP. When I went to queue for groups today, I pulled up my character window and noticed that my GS had gone from 9400 down to 8800. So now I can assume stats gained/lost from spec will also factor into GS. Well shortly after noticing the lower GS, I remember invoke on some random portable alter... and my GS went up about 100. Ok so GS takes into account your current stats. Used a +200 recovery pot annnnnnnd.. nada. Didn't move.

As much as I enjoy the concept of being able to gauge someone's gear without actually having to dive in and inspect every piece, I don't enjoy my GS taking a hit because I decided to optimize DPS feats.
Post edited by aaeezzee on

Comments

• kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not actually calculated from your gear, its calculated from your total stats, plus bonuses from any feats.
  • halaszsandorhalaszsandor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gwf/gf gear score can be misleading yes.
  • godzhand1godzhand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like a link to see exactly how gs is calculated. im out in dread ring standing next to some bloke with only an epic helmet, one ring and belt with some lvl 7 and 2 lvl 8 chants. no ion or cat active and no ac set, and a mulhorand bow. he has gs of 12800. I, on the other hand have gs of 13,280 with skulkers set, hyrims set, all epic gear and an ion as active companion with lvl 7 runes, epic gear and lvl7 chants. personal gear has lvl 7 chants with exception of 2 lvl 8s. also I have epic lvl lantern, waters and book. he had one blue. so im wondering how I can there only be a diff of 400 in our gear scores, even if he was all booned out. he was a HR, im a TR. insight?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some of that blue gear has pretty good stats. Your skulkers includes a lot of HP, which I don't believe figures in well to your GS. Same goes for your Hrimnir set. Stats from Augment companions are not included.

GWFs and GFs have feats which raise stats.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It uses these to calculate gear score:
    • HP
    • Your REAL stats (not ones obtained through augment companions, potions, invoking, etc). As far as augment companions go (ioun stones, cat, chicken), only their HP will boost your gear score, nothing else.
    • Feats (the 9% hp one for sure and SOME feats that boost your stats, not all of them)
    • Active Bonuses (+25 recovery, those ones. None of the +X% chance of slowing your enemy or similar)
    • Boons (+250 Recovery, those ones.)
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but that's the general idea.

These stats do NOT increase gear score:
    • Movement Speed
    • Tenacity
    • Crit Severity
    There might be more that don't increase gear score that I'm not thinking of right now, but generally those.
  • wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited October 2014
    It's worth mentioning that while HP does increase GS, it only does so at 1/4 of the rate (so 600HP = 150GS).
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Basically open char sheet, add up stats dividing hp / 4 to get your gearscore. The stats on char sheet already have feats and boons bonus added. As said before augment pets do not count except for hp which is again divided by 4.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gwf/gf gear score can be misleading yes.

Well GWF.They took out reckless affecting GS in mod 3 and the Mod 4 reckless does not affect GS at all.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They took out reckless attacker but doubled the CON bonus on GFs. This gives GFs significantly more HP then other classes, and HP is Gear Score.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a necro. At the time the thread was created, those scores were misleading.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, this is part of the reason we don't allow extremely old threads to stay open--many times they contain outdated information.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.