test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What profound Belt/Ring/Necklace give the best defensive stats for a Sent GWF?

squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
edited June 2014 in The Militia Barracks
As per title stated.

Please advice :)

Or am i better off with 2x Greater Ring of health?
Post edited by squirtlejiggly on

Comments

• Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Neck and Belt are very depending on your artifact choice and your overall build.
    but the vital rings are the best they got 900hp if im not wrong with radiants thats 2.3k hp so 4.6k from 2x rings
    btw go destroyer sent sucks now.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Why would you play sent GWF?

Destroyer is just better in every way no matter your focus is PVE or PVP.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    blackyluke wrote: »
    Neck and Belt are very depending on your artifact choice and your overall build.
    but the vital rings are the best they got 900hp if im not wrong with radiants thats 2.3k hp so 4.6k from 2x rings
    btw go destroyer sent sucks now.

What vital rings? I can't seem to find em in the Trades of Blades.

Or are those PvE rings? Can you please give me the full name of the ring
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I play a Sent GWF cause it's great for holding points. I don't mind sacrificing damage for more deflect.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I'd have to disagree.

Mod 3 brought some major changes to GWF. Nerfing Sentinel and Buffing destroyer(in PVP). It ultimately balances out. They are both just as viable in PVP.

Sentinel is still stronger at contesting a point and backcapping than Destroyer. Destroyer also has a negligible damage increase over Sentinel unless destroyer's purpose stacks are present or the target's hitpoints start getting low.

But there are many reason to play as Destroyer over Sentinel despite not necessarily being better in PVP: Destroyer gets more killing blows, Destroyer does more damage, Destroyer can actually get double and triple kills and complete the PVP campaign without boosting, Destroyer can PVE.

I think a lot of people switched to Destroyer because it was new and was a viable PVP tree that did more damage. For many people, it's more fun to be able to get more kills even if it means dying more often. Also, in my guild, many of the Sentinel GWFs switched because Sentinel was no longer viable in PVE, it got about a 40% damage reduction in PVE gear.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I play a Sent GWF cause it's great for holding points. I don't mind sacrificing damage for more deflect.

Why would you hold a point when you can just clear it.

Destroyer GWF can only die to another destroye GWF or HR, while sent can die to pretty much everyone in a 1 v 1.

You would make yourself a weak link by even running the sent tree unless you only do pug games.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree.

Mod 3 brought some major changes to GWF. Nerfing Sentinel and Buffing destroyer(in PVP). It ultimately balances out. They are both just as viable in PVP.

Sentinel is still stronger at contesting a point and backcapping than Destroyer. Destroyer also has a negligible damage increase over Sentinel unless destroyer's purpose stacks are present or the target's hitpoints start getting low.

But there are many reason to play as Destroyer over Sentinel despite not necessarily being better in PVP: Destroyer gets more killing blows, Destroyer does more damage, Destroyer can actually get double and triple kills and complete the PVP campaign without boosting, Destroyer can PVE.

I think a lot of people switched to Destroyer because it was new and was a viable PVP tree that did more damage. For many people, it's more fun to be able to get more kills even if it means dying more often. Also, in my guild, many of the Sentinel GWFs switched because Sentinel was no longer viable in PVE, it got about a 40% damage reduction in PVE gear.

Wow, no wonder why I still see so many GWFs out there suck so badly even in mod 3...

Sent GWF only works in pug game now. If that is what you do then sent is fine, there is only a 15%-20% dmg nerf compare to pre-mod 3.