test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

accidently upgraded companion on Gateway

powrslavepowrslave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
I was selecting a party for a quest and something popped up that I clicked and it upgraded my companion for around 700k ad!

This is horrifying as I was saving up my ad for a long time.
Post edited by powrslave on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What popped up, Isn't the only way to upgrade companions through the companion window using the Upgrade button ? if something else popped up and it upgraded the companion you need to put in a bug report. Also as a matter of interest what companion did you upgrade? xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Ouch! And I thought blowing 19000 glory and a few seals on the wrong piece of armour was bad.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You may try contact support but I highly doubt they will refund it.

Still try to explain the situation to them as good as you can and hopefully you'll get your AD back :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I selected the Garrundar sword coast adventure and when the Select your companions came up i started clicking the ones I wanted like normal. And that's when it happened. I can't even recreate this. I think it was a wererat companion.
    I've submitted a request to support. :(
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    powrslave wrote: »
    I selected the Garrundar sword coast adventure and when the Select your companions came up i started clicking the ones I wanted like normal. And that's when it happened. I can't even recreate this. I think it was a wererat companion.
    I've submitted a request to support. :(

The gateway is in beta, and it also allows for Zen purchases, but so did the game when it was in beta. The SCA interface does have some interface issues for sure, I would think they should degrade your companion.
  • Options
    xzdvkrxzdvkr Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well you probably had the same button I have on every maxed out companion that can be upgraded. it's your own fault, you should read what you click instead of "bot pressing" the buttons.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Very much doubt they'll reverse this - wouldn't you have to had clicked on "confirm" so that is 2 button clicks min no?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    xzdvkr wrote: »
    Well you probably had the same button I have on every maxed out companion that can be upgraded. it's your own fault, you should read what you click instead of "bot pressing" the buttons.

This is on the gateway.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    powrslave wrote: »
    This is on the gateway.

And every single max level companion has an upgrade button when you mouse over it in Gateway in the create party interface. If not max level, this will appear as a training button if the companion is ready to train. It's basically like the in-game interface in that regard.

To add a companion to a party, you click the portrait and there is no confirmation. They just slot into place.

To train/upgrade a companion, you click the button below their portrait and Gateway confirms the action. You cannot do this "accidentally" unless you weren't actually reading what you clicked.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And every single max level companion has an upgrade button when you mouse over it in Gateway in the create party interface. If not max level, this will appear as a training button if the companion is ready to train. It's basically like the in-game interface in that regard.

To add a companion to a party, you click the portrait and there is no confirmation. They just slot into place.

To train/upgrade a companion, you click the button below their portrait and Gateway confirms the action. You cannot do this "accidentally" unless you weren't actually reading what you clicked.

Thanks for the reply, I should be more careful early in the morning. Looks like I have a lot of work to do to recover my ad.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The interface in SCA does need some work, but it is Beta. But this does present an opportunity to remind players to read the pop-ups that happen in game and on the Gateway. It takes just a second and can prevent mistakes like this from happening.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Support told me too bad.