test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chicken Question

onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Chickens are augment pets, but the bonus states: "Increases your Power while summoned."

Do chickens ONLY augment power, or are they regular augment pets and increase all your stats as per normal?
Post edited by onecoolscatcat on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    It increases all of your stats as normal.

I think part of it may be that the Poultry Power refreshes every 10 seconds or so and that does trigger the Companion Runestone that comes on it for free. It's quite annoying actually, lol.

Since augments normally don't have any powers they don't trigger the new runestone.
    (to the best of my knowledge)

Just a hunch though.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    The chicken only has one stat, power. I guess that's what they mean when they say it augments power. But I think it also augments any stat you have on the chicken via stones...I think...I don't have one, so just guessing :D
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The chicken works just like all other augment companions. It has a specific set of stats it buffs no matter what (in the case of the Chicken, that "set" consists of only Power). However, like all augments, in addition to whatever it buffs on it's own, it also transfers 100% of any stat you give it via runes or equipment.

One thing to note: Eldrich runes in a defense slot will increase the transfer percent above 100%. The chicken as 3 defense slots, though perhaps it's better not to replace the bonding stone (whole separate topic...).
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would this chicken at lv 30 with max gear/enchantments give more power than a might/radiance?

Also, if the "Companion's gift" is being triggered each 10 seconds, isn't it a bug? Each stone allure/might/radiance and the cat gives us the augment buff but it doesn't activate the bonding runestone bonus.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow. If "poultry power" triggers bonding runestones it's amazingly godly. I can easily get 150% stats on a near 100% basis.

Why does "Poulty power" trigger and "augment" not?
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow. If "poultry power" triggers bonding runestones it's amazingly godly. I can easily get 150% stats on a near 100% basis.

Why does "Poulty power" trigger and "augment" not?

maybe thats the catch with these chickens and the reason they are so **** expensive and hard to get
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I own a chicken. Poultry Power absolutely does trigger "Companion's Gift."

I figured it was just, as the previous poster implied, a perk to chickens. Maybe not.

Just remember companion's gift has a chance to trigger. Every 10 seconds it gets that chance but it is hardly set in stone.

EDIT - UPDATE: To avoid any possible confusion this is a bug and will be resolved.
    The Companion's Gift is not supposed to trigger due to Poultry Power.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Forgive my newbie like question, but it seems like a great opportunity to ask...when you say an item that buffs
    the companion also transfers to my character, will that show up in my gear stats?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes and no. I get over 900 power from my cat's runestones and items; they show up in my Power stat, but not in my GS.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I doubt it is a bug, but who knows. I figured it was just, as the previous poster implied, a perk to chickens. Maybe not.

Just remember companion's gift has a chance to trigger. Every 10 seconds it gets that chance but it is hardly set in stone.

I noticed this as well. It's a great perk to the pet, but **** is it expensive to take advantage of.

Also, to clarify, the Chicken has ONE offensive slot and TWO defensive slots.

And also, also, it looks hilarious in combat. Jumping and flapping around, feathers flying... :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Yes and no. I get over 900 power from my cat's runestones and items; they show up in my Power stat, but not in my GS.

Yes. It's a buff that's applied from the pet, not your gear. Hence it's not reflected in your gearscore.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    Would this chicken at lv 30 with max gear/enchantments give more power than a might/radiance?

Also, if the "Companion's gift" is being triggered each 10 seconds, isn't it a bug? Each stone allure/might/radiance and the cat gives us the augment buff but it doesn't activate the bonding runestone bonus.

Should give more power than a might or radiance stone since it only gives power. The fact that poultry power triggers the bonding stone is not a bug. The bonding stone tooltip says that they have a chance to give you a percentage of a companion's stats whenever the companion triggers a power, which poultry power is.

Definitely the most OP augment out there. No other stone or augment pet, as far as I know, has a special power which activates bonding stones.

Not sure of why it would be annoying that it activates companion's gift either, like ambisinisterr said. F-ing awesome imo.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yeah, but companion's gift lasts 20 seconds and stacks. Slot 3 greaters and you'll have 6 chances to proc every 20 seconds. That's a large amount of stackable uptime.

I'd like to know if this is a bug or not before buying a bunch of eggs.
    edited June 2014

I doubt it is a bug, but who knows. I figured it was just, as the previous poster implied, a perk to chickens. Maybe not.

IMO, it's clearly wrong. My stone grants me 2829 power, let's remove 760 stat points (2 perfect bonding which should be now 760 def, chicken have 2 def slots and 1 off slot) so my power will be 2069, when the Companion's Gift is activated, I receive 65% of my companion stats, 2069*65% = 1344 more power, around 8% damage increase plus the other stats, it's just too much for a single bonus, I'm not even including the additional power that chicken gives with "Poultry Power".
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    Hmm... it does sound too good to be true...

I guess this makes the chicken really desirable in PVP, even in PVE...

Can someone from Cryptic comment on this, whether if this is working as intended? Maybe a Mod could alert them to this issue?

I do agree that I personally would want this confirmed as WAI and not a bug before pooling my AD to try for an egg...
    edited June 2014
    I'll ask but there's a a couple of hours before Akromatik gets in the office and of course no guarantee of an answer.
    edited June 2014
    moz81 wrote: »
    Should give more power than a might or radiance stone since it only gives power. The fact that poultry power triggers the bonding stone is not a bug. The bonding stone tooltip says that they have a chance to give you a percentage of a companion's stats whenever the companion triggers a power, which poultry power is.

Definitely the most OP augment out there. No other stone or augment pet, as far as I know, has a special power which activates bonding stones.

Not sure of why it would be annoying that it activates companion's gift either, like ambisinisterr said. F-ing awesome imo.

Might/Radiance give more power because these stones have 3 offensive slots and 3 items which have offensive slots too, it would be interesting to know what's the amount of Power that this chicken have at lv 30.

When we check the stones, you can see:

Augmentation: Ioun stones grants bonuses to the wearer while they are summoned.

Poultry Power: Increase your power while summoned.

The only difference is that the stones grant us many stats and the chicken just power but in essence is the same bonus, it's not really a "special power"

Anyway, it is not like I'm complaining or whatever, I just want to know if it's WAI otherwise it would be a waste of AD.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited June 2014
    IMO, it's clearly wrong. My stone grants me 2829 power, let's remove 760 stat points (2 perfect bonding which should be now 760 def, chicken have 2 def slots and 1 off slot) so my power will be 2069, when the Companion's Gift is activated, I receive 65% of my companion stats, 2069*65% = 1344 more power, around 8% damage increase plus the other stats, it's just too much for a single bonus, I'm not even including the additional power that chicken gives with "Poultry Power".

Why is it wrong? The thing goes for 5-7 million AD on AH and there is supposed to be a 10% chance to get it from mysterious eggs (which equals a 12m investment in order to have a fair chance to get it). It's a premium companion and you generally get what you pay for.

I'm not saying it isn't OP but why shouldn't it be?
    edited June 2014
    I'll ask but there's a a couple of hours before Akromatik gets in the office and of course no guarantee of an answer.

Thank you ambi.
    edited June 2014
    moz81 wrote: »
    Why is it wrong? The thing goes for 5-7 million AD on AH and there is supposed to be a 10% chance to get it from mysterious eggs (which equals a 12m investment in order to have a fair chance to get it). It's a premium companion and you generally get what you pay for.

I'm not saying it isn't OP but why shouldn't it be?

The value of an item isn't taken into consideration if it's going to be nerfed, like the emblem of the seldarine where each one was around 5m-7m and I bought two, we didn't know or notice that it was bug or whatever, we just bought it, it might be the same with this companion: it's good as long as the "Poultry power" activates the "Companion's gift" but if it's fixed and starts to work like the other augment companions then it is not good at all.

As I mentioned before, I'm not complaining, if it works like that well awesome! I want one too! but if it is not supposed to work in that way and it's going to be fixed later after you bought it, then it would be a huge waste of AD.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Who knows... Hopefully we'll get an answer and hopefully they'll leave it as it is.

I mostly just got one for fun. Wanted the speed bonus since I don't use the profound set anymore on my HR. Perfect companions for a HR in owpvp. One that roots and one that gives you a speed bonus if you get hit hard.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The value of an item isn't taken into consideration if it's going to be nerfed,

This right here.

But people do it all the time. I can just see the threads forming now....
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    This right here.

But people do it all the time. I can just see the threads forming now....

That's the risk/reward in any investment. At the end of the day, just treat it as a purple augment, if people wanna risk *extra* money speculating otherwise, so be it.

I've lost millions of diamonds because I assumed a certain enchant was going to stay overpowered months ago.
    edited June 2014
    any word on Chickens proccing bonding runestones? Bugged or WAI?
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    No augments are supposed to trigger the Companion's Gift bonus of the Bonding Runestone. This is indeed a bug. I have passed this along to the appropriate parties.
    edited June 2014
    excellent. Thank you for the information.
    edited June 2014
    No augments are supposed to trigger the Companion's Gift bonus of the Bonding Runestone. This is indeed a bug. I have passed this along to the appropriate parties.

So is Poultry Power just suppose to be a gag buff?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Not exactly :) That is just the name of this Augment's power that gives you the stats. Much like the Cat has Cat's Prowess.
    edited June 2014
    Gotcha. Makes sense.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2014
    so I was right after all :) good I didn't buy this augment companion, might/radiance still better.
    fkze9t.jpg