test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 6/6 7am PDT (Pacific) COMPLETE

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately there was an issue that appeared after the patch that was released today. Because of this we will be performing another maintenance tomorrow morning 6/6 at 7 AM PDT. Estimated downtime will be 2 hours but might be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140528a.6

Content and Environment
• Sharandar: Removed collision that was blocking progress for the intro quest to Sharandar.

When is the maintenance for you? (Click here to find out)

We apologize for this unexpected maintenance. We'll keep you updated here tomorrow throughout the maintenance.

-Dwight

Update 1 (7:03 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes added. Looks like there was an progression issue within the Sharandar campaign that needed to be fixed right away.
Update 2 (7:45 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned. They are doing some final checks and if all goes well, we could be up sooner than expected. We'll keep you updated.
Update 3 (8:23 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yah, I read on the dev/tracker that a fix was in the works, and what it was. A 6 second cooldown AOE stun is a bit much. Most people don't realize why GWF's are stomping them so hard, that's a big part of it.

That, the fix for HF PvP set bonus and it's OP heals (Pathfinder deflect build)
    Some fix for reapplication of weapon enchants through melee mark (Pathfinder-HF) would make me happy.

Too many exploitative builds rolling around out there in the 60 Dom. All it takes to make a game stupid is 2 roar spamming GWF's and a Deflect/Heal/Perfect Plaguefire mark spamming ranger to turn the whole thing pretty sour.
  • tmatses2tmatses2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    why is this 10-12pm during the day. why not at 3-5 4-6 etc. sigh
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to say this right here and now: Simply because the devs have acknowledged that something is not working as intended does not mean the posters have the right to push and say "is it done yet is it done yet is it done yet?"

Have patience. It takes time to code and test a fix. The fix also may have not made it into the build in time for this week's scheduled maint, and a "hotfix" is usually only reserved for truly urgent matters, so as to minimize player impact.

As to maintenance times, not much to be done about that. Someone is going to be impacted during their peak play time, somewhere in the world. Cryptic does what they can to mitigate that but it's not possible to please everyone. Sorry.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    tmatses2 wrote: »
    why is this 10-12pm during the day. why not at 3-5 4-6 etc. sigh
    They are not EST.
    maroucat wrote: »
    Yah, I read on the dev/tracker that a fix was in the works, and what it was. A 6 second cooldown AOE stun is a bit much.
    How about a 6 sec ranged stun that roots, interrupts and is immune to cc immunities and sets you up to be hit for 20k then 30k from two encounter on a class that has cc immunity and a sprint? sound gud?
    edited June 2014
    They are not EST.

Even if they were, someone would complain over in the EU that it's during their peak hours. Move it to EU non-peak hours and someone, somewhere else will ask "why does it have to be during MY playtime?". The circle never ends.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Exactly, not much you can do. Though back in my wow days I loved their downtime for me. Was always 4am-7am. Those were the days.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Um... no acknowledgement about the massive numbers of audio bugs ?
    Seems like several dozen got misfiled/mislabeled/shifted/replaced/all-around-really-messed-up.
    Tower District is practically unplayable.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to say this right here and now: Simply because the devs have acknowledged that something is not working as intended does not mean the posters have the right to push and say "is it done yet is it done yet is it done yet?"

Have patience. It takes time to code and test a fix. The fix also may have not made it into the build in time for this week's scheduled maint, and a "hotfix" is usually only reserved for truly urgent matters, so as to minimize player impact.

As to maintenance times, not much to be done about that. Someone is going to be impacted during their peak play time, somewhere in the world. Cryptic does what they can to mitigate that but it's not possible to please everyone. Sorry.

While people are pushy and they can't fix every single issue at once. The last 3 modules all were released buggy and all of them had issues that weren't fixed for many weeks or months which is unacceptable for the people that support this game, especially when some of them were reported well in advance.
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    While people are pushy and they can't fix every single issue at once. The last 3 modules all were released buggy and all of them had issues that weren't fixed for many weeks or months which is unacceptable for the people that support this game, especially when some of them were reported well in advance.

You can report a bug years in advance, for what it's worth--bug priorities are a dynamic and ever-changing matter. Today's annoyance bug gets moved out of the way by tomorrow's critical one. I know of games in which matters still haven't been fixed. Many times it's the matter of finding what's causing the bug. That has to be done alongside testing new incoming content.

Players clamor for new content quickly, and the team tries to meet that demand, however, the price paid is "release it now, patch it later".
    eldarth wrote: »
    Seems like several dozen got misfiled/mislabeled/shifted/replaced/all-around-really-messed-up.

I'd say this was a bit premature, as patch notes are not available at this time.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd say this was a bit premature, as patch notes are not available at this time.

True. I just got done searching thru the Dev tracker and had noticed multiple acknowledgements by multiple people on seemingly far less critical items.

Just seemed a bit like:
    Devs:We'll get that dent out of the door right away...
    Users: But, um, you know the trunk is on fire, right?

:p
    edited June 2014
    True. I just got done searching thru the Dev tracker and had noticed multiple acknowledgements by multiple people on seemingly far less critical items.

Just seemed a bit like:
    Devs:We'll get that dent out of the door right away...
    Users: But, um, you know the trunk is on fire, right?

I'll rebut that with part of a post made by Panderus:
    First off, its important to understand that the person working on Tiefling tail animations or haircuts is not the same person who will adjust basically anything on class powers or PvP balance. An animator or character artist will rarely if ever do anything design related, they are all different skillsets, talents and procedures on how to get them into the game.

Also, many of these issues are not simple and require time, resources, testing and finally more time and testing.

Basically speaking, the team working on the "simple issue" may have their fix ready before the more critical problem, owing to the fact that different teams are working on different aspects. Again, though, it's a complex process.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can report a bug years in advance, for what it's worth--bug priorities are a dynamic and ever-changing matter. Today's annoyance bug gets moved out of the way by tomorrow's critical one. I know of games in which matters still haven't been fixed. Many times it's the matter of finding what's causing the bug. That has to be done alongside testing new incoming content.

Players clamor for new content quickly, and the team tries to meet that demand, however, the price paid is "release it now, patch it later".

MC had (dunno if it still has) a bug that made performance abysmal (not an exaggeration) on amd cards when shadows were set to high no matter how powerful the gpu was that existed for a long time. VT had a bug that made it impossible to progress through the map if you wiped after the first boss (easy fix) and wasn't fixed for a long time. CN still has a door glitch that can prevent people progressing (should also be a simple fix). Broken pvp HEs were also long reported but they decided to release it anyway despite it being clearly very broken. The kessels retreat entry was also reported well in advance and should've been easy to fix. Those should all have been high priority fixes and shouldn't have made it to live if they were reported on preview. It isn't the issue of small issues going unfixed. It's that really important issues get overlooked. Mod 3 in particular was released in such a mess that it really should have just been delayed. There was just too much that was broken. I just don't understand how it happened since mod 2 was a long time ago as it was already.

I'm not asking for flawless releases. I'm asking for releases with no preventable bugs. Live will always find bugs that go overlooked, but when big bugs were already known, there's no excuse.
  • dragon12skydragon12sky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Unfortunately there was an issue that appeared after the patch that was released today. Because of this we will be performing another maintenance tomorrow morning 6/6 at 7 AM PDT. Estimated downtime will be 2 hours but might be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch notes will be provided here before maintenance begins.

When is the maintenance for you? (Click here to find out)

We apologize for this unexpected maintenance. We'll keep you updated here tomorrow throughout the maintenance.

-Dwight

Don't you have a test server where you can install the new upcoming patch and look for bugs before patching it in the main server?
  • chido55chido55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While you guys are at it, mind fixing the typo on Tymora's Coin? It says Crital instead of Critical XD
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is it done yet?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't you have a test server where you can install the new upcoming patch and look for bugs before patching it in the main server?

Sometimes it is possible for a patch to work perfectly on the preview server then break something on the live server .
    chido55 wrote: »
    While you guys are at it, mind fixing the typo on Tymora's Coin? It says Crital instead of Critical XD

There are loads and loads of typo's throughout the game , add this to the list (if it isn't already on it ) .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Post the patch notes already :P
  • chido55chido55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    There are loads and loads of typo's throughout the game , add this to the list (if it isn't already on it ) .

Well I was joking for the most of it. That typo didn't hurt me in any way, well maybe a little, but I am having fun still.
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Hit mute and read the text if the audio is that distracting. Really. PWE/Cryptic have never been known for the talent it uses as voice actors, but they do have to create audio for many different languages. F2P games don't have the budget to hire expensive talent for voice acting, and when that's compounded with the need to support it in many languages, it becomes a huge matrix of problems.

I did like it when the big dwarf in PE originally spoke like a leprechaun when handing out dungeon keys, though. That was epic!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

He posted them at least 3 minutes before this post. ;)
    edited June 2014

Its just the entry quest to Sharandar was broken so some people couldn't progress ,that is all that is listed.

chido55 wrote: »
    Well I was joking for the most of it. That typo didn't hurt me in any way, well maybe a little, but I am having fun still.

Oh I know you weren't being super serious , typo's are quite annoying and when you notice one I know myself how annoying it can get seeing it every time you use a item or whatever xD
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    important issue. Kudos for fixing it so quickly.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its just the entry quest to Sharandar was broken so some people couldn't progress ,that is all that is listed.
    Yeah, I've already checked that one.

Such patch notes give me a "expect over9k ninja fixes" feeling. :P
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Hit mute and read the text if the audio is that distracting. Really. PWE/Cryptic have never been known for the talent it uses as voice actors, but they do have to create audio for many different languages. F2P games don't have the budget to hire expensive talent for voice acting, and when that's compounded with the need to support it in many languages, it becomes a huge matrix of problems.

Nice rationalisation, but utterly irrelevant. The problem is that existing sounds have been swapped around so that fires sound like running water, and so forth, and some stuff is just looping in an obnoxious manner. It's a new bug since the last patch.
  • coolmerxcoolmerx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why u didn't put this maintenance in other time zone like +12h, not two days in row same peoples lose 2h+/-.
    BTW some reward via mail will be nice, not everything need to be purchased.
    edited June 2014

Such patch notes give me a "expect over9k ninja fixes" feeling. :P

Lets all think " revert coalescent wards from trade bar back to unbound " while rubbing the screen of our monitors and maybe a psychic message will get through and they will do as we tell them XD
    edited June 2014

I find typos all the time. Such as "guantlets" in the PVP blue gear for HRs.
    coolmerx wrote: »
    Why u didn't put this maintenance in other time zone like +12h, not two days in row same peoples lose 2h+/-.
    BTW some reward via mail will be nice, not everything need to be purchased.

Read about two pages back. There is NOTHING that Cryptic can do about time zones. The world spins and Cryptic isn't responsible for that, I'm afraid. :p
    Lets all think " revert coalescent wards from trade bar back to unbound " while rubbing the screen of our monitors and maybe a psychic message will get through and they will do as we tell them XD

Prooooooooobably not gonna happen.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• thetankbearthetankbear Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ahhhhh I wanna level GF!!!

gona camp here till the server is up =)
  • fcnirimfcnirim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well it's nice that you guys figured it quickly and addressed the problem with a fix. I'm happy for that.

Considering it's a small bug fix, I think it won't take two hours at all. Will be patiently waiting if it takes more than that too. Good luck!
  • thetankbearthetankbear Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hope it don't take 2 hrs too!!