test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Neverwinter Audio-related Feedback

124»

Comments

• spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread didn't really take off, but I thought I'd link it up
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?679561-Sounds-you-like

What a great thread! Thanks for linking!
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "I will second (or third, at this point) that the "heal my owner" sound for the Lillend is pretty bad. It wouldn't be bad if it were a rare sound, but hearing it (literally) about once per second, it really starts to grate on the nerves. All the rest of the sounds are so wonderful, why is that one sound so bad?"

I just experienced this today as well, had not previously been in a group with anyone who had Lilend. This is somewhat annoying I will agree. Even is something as basic as "issue the sound every 5 times, rather than every time" could be done it would be an improvement.
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, my Nightmare mount's hoof sounds will not play properly when riding over certain surfaces, for example the wooden Docks in Caer Konig, in fact any 'wood' surface like bridges etc, and area's of the Dread ring. When you first enter the Vanguard camp and a number of other places around the zone. Hope this helps you to find the cause of the problem.

The only place I have noticed the lack of the mount (horse) sounds is in the dread ring. Specifically running between Vanguard Camp and the Quarry. The hoof strike sounds simply drop to nothing in some areas along the path.

Addendum:

Area #2: Riding down the dock in Caer-Konig. Anywhere on the wooden dock makes no sound
  • spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nedruod wrote: »
    I would like the ability to adjust the volume of the quest turn-in notification. It's quite loud in comparison to other games sounds and I think most of us have heard it a few too many times. Along the same lines, the horse mount/dismount sounds, and the cleric divine/non-divine transition.

For the quest turn in notification, you can adjust the volume using the "UI" slider in the audio options. You might also try adjusting the fx volume to help with the loudness of the other fx you mentioned.