test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about doing respec AD based and not ZEN based?

icenamnicenamn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Since the resent backlog on zen market I am now unable to respec my powers and feats unless I spend real money on the game. Why not make the Powers and such AD based aswell?

Just a thought. The more basic stuff of the game should not be zen based but AD based so we normal people do not have to spend real cash just to be able to play the game.

Just a thought.
Post edited by icenamn on

Comments

• brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    Why don't you setup an order? Took about an hour for me.
  • squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think that's a great idea :D!
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "So we normal people don't have to spend cash to play the game."

Huh? It's normal to get games for free? Maybe just shell out some cash to help out the company that's giving you a full game for free? Anyways, as to the respecs, they should be AD based aswell. I agree. Or, go a step further and make it so you can respec for ingame gold and take back the power point 1 level prior. I know I've bought a power, found out it sucked, and just had to sit on 1 point in that power.

At endgame though, it doesn't really matter as you get a power point every 60+ level. So really you can fill every power full if you want. No need to respec.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ysil6969 wrote: »

At endgame though, it doesn't really matter as you get a power point every 60+ level. So really you can fill every power full if you want. No need to respec.

Not true. The power point is not guaranteed for each reward earned. Furthermore you can only get a maximum of 20 power points through the EXP rewards.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Max of 20 points = every power maxed out and nowhere else to put them, which is why they cut it off.

But it is random, so you will likely have to fill the XP bucket many times before you actually get 20 points.

It's been nice so far for those skills that I really would have liked to take in my base builds but had no room for.

As respecs go, feats have always been easier to mess up than powers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I think that is a good idea
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's like this:

PWE is a for profit company. they employ people to keep the company running. we have evidence of this. neverwinter is a prime example. that is even if you have opinions about how it is run, it is still a company that has overhead costs, salary costs, infrastructure costs. without income, neverwinter would do what so many doom and gloomers have been predicting since open beta (perhaps before that). is the game free to play? of course it is. but monetizing incentives are what keeps the free players playing.

if your local grocery store gave away all of their inventory for free, how could they continue to operate without at least breaking even on the costs of running a business?
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I still don t know why you re deleting my coments, seriously. You could have just stated that after my comment and you wouldn t look like a bully. Anyway, my point is not against them doing money, it s about them making changes that detriment the game in order to make money.
    You put a grocery store as an example. The grocery store won t give stuff for free, but if they start selling overpriced bad products and when i talk to the employees they treat me like garbage, then i ll probably go buy my stuff in another store.
  • bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Making the respec AD based instead of ZEN based is bad for business,which business?..the whole game ...Neverwinter needs to make profit,if theres no profit,Neverwinter is gone.
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually you can pay with AD... just need to convert that AD to Zen... probably not the best time to do so, but the option is already there for free2play players who wish to spend no real money.

But here's a chance to make the Respec Token worth it's Zen cost...

allow it to reset the initial ability roll.

Many people may start the game may thinking it's just a random roll and if not liking a roll or two, may see some numbers they like & accept that...not realizing that there are a limited amount of specific rolls [only 19 sets of numbers, some extra combos based on where those numbers are placed in the attributes that are set specifically by the class you choose] and what those numbers may mean later on.

Another factor is that with changes made to Powers and Feats can affect those where you placed those values

... I've found that gear has affected my initial roll more than anything and I have no control of what stats are just thrown at my giving class, example is Black Ice gear, neither Corrupted nor Purified has the stats placed in what I'd like... so if I want to use it, I'm forced to re-adjust everything... except my initial roll

this now is where my decision to accept that initial roll and not realizing the specific combos of the rolls available at that time were or what they would mean at level 60, comes back to haunt me... Mod 3 didn't exist and no idea what Mod 4 will do.
    In my case I didn't min/max and on 1st character at level 1 it was fine but at level 60 [and all the investment made] I feel I left something on the table, even only a subtle change.

I've seen people use an "immersion" argument or "you can't change how you were born" against this... I would agree if this was changing race, class and/or gender, as everyone would have the potential to see the change... no one is going to see my re-roll.
    And no, while you can't change how you were born... in real life... but you also really can't pick your attributes from a list of specific combinations and say "yeah, I like those stats" either.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    I still don t know why you re deleting my coments,

Maybe since you have same avatar as one of the Moderators?
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icenamn wrote: »
    Since the resent backlog on zen market I am now unable to respec my powers and feats unless I spend real money on the game. Why not make the Powers and such AD based aswell?

Just a thought. The more basic stuff of the game should not be zen based but AD based so we normal people do not have to spend real cash just to be able to play the game.

Just a thought.

1. Ppl who spend money on the game are normal too.
    2. Not being able to respect is not preventing you from playing the game, you can delete your character and roll another one if you are out of character slot.
    3. You can do 3 surveys and get the necessary zen for FREE.

I think having the feat respec for AD is enough freebees. They have to make money somehow, now that being said they should have given free respec after HR new paragon path granted to HRs.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don t know if you re being sarcastic or not, but whatever. No, that s just the default avatar.