test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

barkshield enchantment bug

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Barkshield bug:
Instead of 3 shield of some hp, barkshield just cover all the damage of the following 3 attacks.
Example: ice knife, 0 damage dealt. It follows another ice knife...0 damage dealt....hey wait we still have another cw...ice knife! 0 damage dealt.

Please fix it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will need a bit more infomation than that. How was this tested? What class was this tested on?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It works the same on every class. It pops 0 and you dont lose hp
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah def need more info. I have barkshield and get hit by ice knife all the time. It does not absorb all the damage
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I also find strange that sometimes it absorbs an entire duelist flurry, I might have misunderstood how barkshield works but we are talking of a lot of damage
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't each charge of barkshield (max 3) block all the damage of a single attack? Therefore, if you see someone with Barkshield charges, you don't waste your daily on them, but try to whittle down their protection first.

Working as intended, as far as I know.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I disagree with OP. I have perfect bark and I can confirm - you get damage on 1st hit (when I have all 3 charges). Your problem is - your enemy either moved (teleporting/sliding/dodging/...) so you get 0 damage because of that immunity OR (more likely) your encounter is not that powerful (it does less damage than fully charged Bark can absorb). A guildie of mine who is another faction in Open PVP uses Lashing Blade on me and slices trough my bark (consuming 1st charge and doing rest of the damage, that isn't blocked by Bark).

Totally other thing is - I have cooldown on each charge. This mean, when I suffer 1st hit, for 1 sec or 0.8 sec that follows, all attacks are counted as "first attack" and they all suffer penalty as 1st hit. After that 1 second, one bark-charge is consumed, I am left with 2, and internal 8-second-refill clock starts. If (at this point) I suffer 3 attacks at the same time, they will consume only 1 charge, etc etc...

As for OP's post, we need more detailed info on testing conditions, not just "0 damage dealt" for all three charges of Bark. If that was true, I would be unkillable (and trust me, as a DC, I die a lot in PVP, I don't "block" Ice Knife with my Bark).
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't each charge of barkshield (max 3) block all the damage of a single attack? Therefore, if you see someone with Barkshield charges, you don't waste your daily on them, but try to whittle down their protection first.

Working as intended, as far as I know.

No, it doesn't- though I wish it did. I'd use my Barkshield a lot more!

No, The effect blocks a set amount according to how many charges are present, from Lesser:
    Every 8 seconds your armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 324 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 648 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 972 damage. Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.

to Perfect:
    Every 8 seconds your armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 810 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 1620 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 2430 damage. Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.

It just reduces incoming damage by a set amount- enough to take the edge off a sudden damage spike from out of a blue sky, for example. It's pretty decent, but not quite that good.

Also, I am sceptical about what the OP claims. Maybe a video cap of such claims would be helpful? If it's working like that due to some patch weirdness, I seriously need to dust mine off and farm some glory with it...
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep, I'm a GF and I noticed that too, I have a Class Feature wich reflect 3% of Incoming Attack (Guarded Assault) when I'm blocking and I see a lot of 0's coming from ppl with Barkshield, they should just have 3 Charges, and every attack should be removing 1 stack, weird.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    i sold my p. barkshield a while ago for a p. soul but i did notice this. Im not claiming i have 100% right but something is definitely wrong on how barkshield works. IT DOESNT DO WHAT THE TOOLTIP SAYS
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Right, now I am curious.. It looked fine last time I used my normal... :)

Given how bad they are at fixing stuff, I'd love to be wrong this time.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I disagree with OP. I have perfect bark and I can confirm - you get damage on 1st hit (when I have all 3 charges). Your problem is - your enemy either moved (teleporting/sliding/dodging/...) so you get 0 damage because of that immunity OR (more likely) your encounter is not that powerful (it does less damage than fully charged Bark can absorb). A guildie of mine who is another faction in Open PVP uses Lashing Blade on me and slices trough my bark (consuming 1st charge and doing rest of the damage, that isn't blocked by Bark).

Totally other thing is - I have cooldown on each charge. This mean, when I suffer 1st hit, for 1 sec or 0.8 sec that follows, all attacks are counted as "first attack" and they all suffer penalty as 1st hit. After that 1 second, one bark-charge is consumed, I am left with 2, and internal 8-second-refill clock starts. If (at this point) I suffer 3 attacks at the same time, they will consume only 1 charge, etc etc...

As for OP's post, we need more detailed info on testing conditions, not just "0 damage dealt" for all three charges of Bark. If that was true, I would be unkillable (and trust me, as a DC, I die a lot in PVP, I don't "block" Ice Knife with my Bark).

In the below combat log excerpt player XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's Barkshield has more charges than tooltip. The log is a copy from events in the Gauntlgrym Arena:

1. [19:29] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxxxx Barkshield Armor absorbs 4872 (2430) damage from your Frontline Surge.
    [19:29] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Frontline Surge deals 1443 (7767) Physical Damage to xxxxxxx.
    [19:29] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx deals 41 Cold Damage to you with Elemental Empowerment.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx deals 113 (250) Necrotic Damage to you with Shadowtouched.
    2. [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxxxx Barkshield Armor absorbs 2971 (1499) damage from your Threatening Rush.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Threatening Rush gives 0 (2971) Physical Damage to xxxxxxxxxx.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 0 Hit Points to you.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx deals 41 Cold Damage to you with Elemental Empowerment.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Roar deals 1296 (2004) Physical Damage to xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 45 (90) Hit Points to you.
    3. [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxxxx Barkshield Armor absorbs 1901 (1267) damage from your Roar.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Roar gives 0 (1901) Physical Damage to xxxxxxxxxx.
    4. [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxxxx Barkshield Armor absorbs 649 (362) damage from your Elven Ferocity.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity gives 0 (649) Arcane Damage to xxxxxxxxxx.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! xxxxxxx deals 864 (1998) Lightning Damage to you with Storm Spell.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! xxxxxxx deals 484 (1119) Arcane Damage to you with Magic Missile.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx deals 136 (250) Necrotic Damage to you with Shadowtouched.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Cannot perform while disabled.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx deals 41 Cold Damage to you with Elemental Empowerment.
    [19:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 87 (175) Hit Points to you.
    5. [19:30] [Combat (Self)] xxxxxxxxxx Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 (1) damage from your Sure Strike.

In the proper log the incidents numbered 1-5 are the same player. You'll notice if you look from an attackers perspective, that the encounter goes off, the gap closes, roar goes off, a boon proc gets eaten and sure strike hits for 1 (with ancient castle champion's MH).

If you look carefully, Barkshield crits, even if the attack is not a crit, every time.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hope it get fixed.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    People really defending this? I thought it was widely known that Barkshield is bugged.

I used a Perfect Barkshield for a while and I can confirm that it is indeed bugged. I've seen up to four "0" "0" "0" "0", with attacks that clearly should have made more damage than the stacks can absorb. I see that "0" all the time in PvP from attacks with higher dmg than the stacks absorbing potential.

I went back to SF because Bark is ugly as all hell and I don't like using bugged stuff either.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since when has Barkshield become so powerful? Mine absorbs only the amount of damage shown in its tooltip, and I have to take the rest damage.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ya lets 'fix' the only 1 last usefull enchant right after SF due to QQs.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

i just want stuffs to work how they should. and barkshield is BUGGED and i am 100% for the perfect rank.

another thing bugged IS THE PERFECT ELVEN BATTLE which doesnt work at all. it would be a great enchant tho
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

It shouldn't absorb full 20K IBS... it just happened to me a few days ago.

Damage reduction - OK.

Damage canceling - not OK.

So yes, it is bugged, and I'm saying this even as I own one.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    BUMP
    Barkshield still acts weird.
    The shield can crit.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2014
    I've seen people go by on their mount to get to a domination flag and I have thrown 4 -5 daggers at them and all hit zero and they still ride away as if nothing happened.