test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Module 3 Screenshot Contest Discussion Thread

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

Because the other contest thread is for screenshots only, I'm making this one for people who want to discuss the contest!

If you're looking for the contest submission thread, it's here.

Happy snapping!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lancivanlancivan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so :) who will be the first to post !
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Getting some great screens so far! Keep 'em coming!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are already some pretty amazing screens, congratulations!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I Will participate once I'm home but in case I win First can I trade it for second or even 3rd prize. Or do I have to contact the user that one and hope they are willing to trade?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well when I get back tonight I'll have to take some as I know the IWD area very well.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a Toshiba laptop (yeah, I know) and when I press the Function
    Key it lists all of the functions at the top. So when I choose Print Screen
    to get a capture, it includes the list across a large part of the top.

Could anyone please suggest a way around this so I can enter the contest? :-/
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Screenshots taken within the game with prntscrn are separate from the OS/Manufgacturer of your computer. Look in your Neverwinter director and you will find a folder labelled screenshots which includes screenshots without UI of any kind.

I don't have Neverwinter installed in the default directory anymore but I believe it was something along the lines of:

C:/Users/Public/Games/CrypticGames/Neverwinter
  • mlketysonmlketyson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we edit the photos in photoshop or do they have to be straight out of the game? Don't want to put in work and then be disqualified lol
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Is there a secondary First Prize as I already have the Hunter Ranger Booster Pack?!? ;)

this is a great question. i'd love to participate but some of those things i already have. what to do?
  • herculesmybabyherculesmybaby Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was looking at some of the screenshot submissions and I noticed that one or two of the shots were taken during battle in inspect mode. How is that possible? I thought that you couldn't go in inspect mode during battle.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    not sure about inspect mode during battle, but you can also use demo_record. makes some wonderful screenshots.
    edited May 2014
    I posted in the other thread but noticed it said no discussion lol. Is it okay to edit the photos or do they need to be straight from the game to qualify?
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Here are my Submissions.

It's about coming to Icewind Dale on the starting boat embrassing the challenges ahead.

z9s4Ta1.png

The second one is a satiric/comedic comment about the recent changes to coalescent wards and reference to the Titanic(movie) if all the forums comments are to be believed this ship is sinking. (get it?)

PVYnZAQ.png

Edit: PS: Obviously my comp can't handle Hi-Res of the Game so Wallpaper is out of the question but hopefully good enough for 2nd or 3rd prize.

Very much liking your "King of the Wards" spin on the dreadful coal situation... ;)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing right from the game, because then it turns more into a "who's better at image editing" contest.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Hi everyone! Loving all these great screenshots!

As for prizes, I'm certain that we can work something out if you wanted to trade the first prize for one of the lower-rank prizes.

With regards to image manipulation, we want the images straight from the game...so please don't alter them with any fancy programs!

edited May 2014
    10-4 :D

Will be sure to post them straight from the game! :)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hi everyone! Loving all these great screenshots!

As for prizes, I'm certain that we can work something out if you wanted to trade the first prize for one of the lower-rank prizes.

With regards to image manipulation, we want the images straight from the game...so please don't alter them with any fancy programs!

That's great to hear... in case a winners already had one of the prizes. Thanks! :)
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • khaznoorkhaznoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    can this be consider as the module 3? a secret location unreveal to all of us yet! :D10hsh8m.jpg
    2ylodw9.jpg
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I am afraid that is not Module 3. All of Module 3 is already released.

This is just another in between update. :)
  • khaznoorkhaznoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aww its was hard to be able to get there tho...... maybe am the first 1 to see what you guys have under that curtain :D doesn't it consider as mod 3.5 rofl :D
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Re: #29, This one made me cry just a little.
  • ronackerronacker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    [IMG]C:\Users\thomas\Pictures\gameshots\iwd_bruenor'sbest1.jpg[/IMG]

Ricben
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Screenshots taken within the game with prntscrn are separate from the OS/Manufgacturer of your computer. Look in your Neverwinter director and you will find a folder labelled screenshots which includes screenshots without UI of any kind.

I don't have Neverwinter installed in the default directory anymore but I believe it was something along the lines of:

C:/Users/Public/Games/CrypticGames/Neverwinter
    Thank you very much. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Oh. This page is also helpful explaining the commands (if someone hasn't already linked it):
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Console_command
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • pclover10pclover10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ronacker wrote: »
    [IMG]C:\Users\thomas\Pictures\gameshots\iwd_bruenor'sbest1.jpg[/IMG]

you can't link to a picture on your desktop,mate! try upload to tinypic or so and use the code u get there.
  • ziertaniaziertania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    20tqq6h.jpg
    5n81ls.jpg
    Caer Konig
  • razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    view.php?pic=wqo7ya&s=8#.U45NmPldXT8

Icewind Pass Entrance
  • lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    are you allowed to move targets ( ie the player) using the demo replay program or leave characters in their organic environment
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Want some tips on snapping the best screens? Check out Sominator's guide to screenshotting here!

->
    lazuree wrote: »
    are you allowed to move targets ( ie the player) using the demo replay program or leave characters in their organic environment

-> O_o

PS.: Yes, of course you are.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014