test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sounds you like?

gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
These attacks have some pleasant sounds IMO: Electric shot, Careful attack's casting sound and the sound the reticle makes when you attack your target, thorn strike, etc etc.

Anyone else like the sound of anything in this game? Discuss
Post edited by gcut123 on

Comments

• Options
    znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »
    These attacks have some pleasant sounds IMO: Electric shot, Careful attack's casting sound and the sound the reticle makes when you attack your target, thorn strike, etc etc.

As you can see in other threads I'm big fan of Roar. That sound makes me feel sick.

Now serious.. Sound of Careful Attack procs could be toned for little down. Same for Storm Pillar. Anyway I would like to see some less noticeable sound for CWs daily (Maybe it could make problems in PvE so it is not good idea at all.)
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    maelstrom of chaos sounds dope
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »

The "dieing breath" sounds the corrupted dwarves make when they meet their demise is classic and never gets old. Makes my 2 year old daughter laugh.
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The question states, "anything".

Certain death wails and spell sound interactions are cool.

My favorite, "Ebon Downs" during the quest to destroy 5 shards guarded by 5 "entranced" Hero's. The background music sounds "Middle Eastern". I'll just listen until the 10 minute warning pops up, move and continue to listen another 10 minutes. I really enjoy the tune.

I'd like to find the recording, listen to while driving. Makes me want to take up "Belly Dancing". LOL!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Flourish so far, I like metal clanging sounds.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Audio department approves of this thread!

CW - Arcane Singularity will always have a special place in my heart. It was one of the first powers that I designed for.

Some more of my favorites:

GWF Restoring Strike
    DC Channel Divinity

The GWF and CW are two power sets that I'm particularly happy with.

I also like some of the big heavy metal door sounds and the clockwork tomb was a huge beast of a project but very rewarding. I am particularly happy with many of the ambiances in Castle Never and also many of the ambiances in Whispering caverns like the dread vault.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    My favorite sounds are the ribbits the lizard folk make when you hit them, especially with fast hitting attacks, and how they're lower pitched for the bigger ones.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spirals999 wrote: »

Yeap, they are my favorite among all classes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What I really want to know is what the heck is that ambient sound that cycles pretty much anywhere. It sounds like you're in the basement of a mental ward or something, and is especially noticeable in Domination with no music. It's like 5 people's muffled screaming.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I also like some of the big heavy metal door sounds and the clockwork tomb was a huge beast of a project but very rewarding. I am particularly happy with many of the ambiances in Castle Never and also many of the ambiances in Whispering caverns like the dread vault.

I used to do sound design. And for me, this is by far my favorite (and in my opinion) the best ADR (okay, not technically ADR, but you know what I mean) in the entire game (I've only made it to Rothe Valley, so I can't comment on Underdark and anything after that). :)
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Neverwinter fooooooools!

That is a classic in my group.
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I really want to know is what the heck is that ambient sound that cycles pretty much anywhere. It sounds like you're in the basement of a mental ward or something, and is especially noticeable in Domination with no music. It's like 5 people's muffled screaming.

I KNOW EXACTLY what you're talking about! It also does that sound when Rogue pop up Impossible to Catch.
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love the IWD background music. IWD is the only place where I wear the big uncomfortable heavy headset just for the music lol. Is there a place I can download or just listen to the soundtrack?
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »
    I love the IWD background music. IWD is the only place where I wear the big uncomfortable heavy headset just for the music lol. Is there a place I can download or just listen to the soundtrack?

Yes definitely, IWD is great for that.

The Icewind Pass soundtrack particularly sounds like the Forest music in NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer.

Its really good.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »

SPEAKING OF WHICH: I have been harassing the Star Trek Online folks for FOUR YEARS to release the STO Soundtrack in iTunes (CDs are so done these days) and I will *BUY* it. But I never get a straight answer (I know: lots of licensing crappola to be dealt with).

WELL I repeat the same thing at the Neverwinter team. Surely there is licensing involved, but I would hope it to be less sticky and screwed-up than the STO stuff. So, how about it? Huh? Hmmm? Huh? So what are the chances, hmmmm?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like a lot the "Ice Knife" sound. One of my favorite skills is Savage Advance, I wish it could sound a bit more savage. ;(
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like Restoring Strike, Storm Pillar, The slam from Avalanche of Steel, The sound of synchronized strikes from Weapon Master Strike, I like Electric Shots sound and the sound of Takedown as well as the sound of the melee version of Electric shot, the sound of the human male's yell when using Reapingstrike/stormpillar.

Further more, I like the sound of the Annoited Champion paragon atwill for clerics and Exaltation in divinity mode. The echoing death roar of an ogre. The sound of the HR shift. I gotten accustomed to the sound. I also like the sound of smoke bomb.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My favorites are some of the sounds that redcaps make, mainly by Witherers and Thorns.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sound Likes
    • Door, stone 4 (Not Door, Stone 4) - aka "Avalanche"
    • Craftsmens Rest
    • Lute Player
    • Magic, summoning circle 1
    • Magical seal 1
    • Market ambience
    • Sludge, pool
    • Summer Festival Dancers
    • Thunder 1
    • Water, mystic pool
    • Wind, rain and thunder 1&2
    • Winter Event
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As an HR I definitely like the sound of Careful Attack, it´s like the death-bell calling you enemies. And the sound you hear when charging Aimed Shot is cool too.

But the best one is by far is the Owl sound. For tough dungeons I use the Ioun Stone, but when doing solo I always go with my Owl to hear him.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The Audio department approves of this thread!

CW - Arcane Singularity will always have a special place in my heart. It was one of the first powers that I designed for.

Oh, well, in that case, good work! It sounds great when I am playing late at night with the HD-25s clamped on my head.
    Some more of my favorites:

GWF Restoring Strike
    DC Channel Divinity

Yes, they are nice, apart from Storm Pillar, which is really annoying. It is probably not so much the effect, as the spamming of it constantly is extremely wearing. Sadly, players are too stupid to notice that it no longer gives AP. If you're unlucky enough to have one follow you around in GG, spamming each time you're waiting for a point, it's a case of either turning the sound off or leaving the game. It's extremely jarring. There are CWs that I will no longer group with because they won't stop doing this.

I do like the ker-choink of Restoring Strike a great deal though- and the big green five-digit numbers that often accompany it :)

Yes, anywhere that has a bit of weight in the ambience is pleasing- where you need to slow down for a moment and drink it in. Clockwork Tomb is easily one of the coolest locations in the game- sound and visuals mesh beautifully to provide something approaching a "proper" D+D feel.

It's a shame that Dread Vault is so very long and broken (camp fires haven't worked since beta) and the end rewards are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It's hard to get a group to run it, which is a shame, as like most of the Mindflayer-heavy areas, it's filled with atmosphere, both visual and audible.

Another personal favourite of mine is the sound of points in PvP Domination. The engine's spatial positioning, and the nature of the sound itself work beautifully together- you can close your eyes and spin around, still placing it in space fairly tightly.. very Pape Sangre :)

(Yes, OK, I care a little too much about the sound in games, but it really does contribute a lot to the atmosphere when it's right.. )
  • Options
    goldmember7goldmember7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Anvil of Doom, the most satisfying sound in the game, the sound alone is a reason for keeping it slotted
    Clockwork Tomb has some nice ambient
    I like the music in Sharandar, too bad it is such a grind so I have time to get fed up with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The sound of armored ghost horse running is awesome in my opinion. At some point, after the crisis I will purchase one and upgrade only and only for the sound.
    My second best is "arming" the Tymora's coin (do you guys really had to use a gold coin or do you have a genius there ? :) )

These were the general sounds I love and sorry I don't have an attack sound that I like, because I usually hear it in my back and I know what is coming ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    (This thread pleases me, as someone who sometimes has to do location audio and sound design for odd projects :D Props to the sound department.. the art assets of NW are one of the better aspects of the whole thing)
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2014
    The sound of lashing blade and ice knife :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes definitely, IWD is great for that.

The Icewind Pass soundtrack particularly sounds like the Forest music in NWN2's Mask of the Betrayer.

Its really good.

ya, my personal favorite XD
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SPEAKING OF WHICH: I have been harassing the Star Trek Online folks for FOUR YEARS to release the STO Soundtrack in iTunes (CDs are so done these days) and I will *BUY* it. But I never get a straight answer (I know: lots of licensing crappola to be dealt with).

WELL I repeat the same thing at the Neverwinter team. Surely there is licensing involved, but I would hope it to be less sticky and screwed-up than the STO stuff. So, how about it? Huh? Hmmm? Huh? So what are the chances, hmmmm?

Hmmm I wonder if NW can make money out of it, since soundtrack, figures, and other products are a major source of income for many American and Japanese ACG. In Japan, income from those products far exceeds that from the ACGs...
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jimden wrote: »
    My favorite, "Ebon Downs" during the quest to destroy 5 shards guarded by 5 "entranced" Hero's. The background music sounds "Middle Eastern". I'll just listen until the 10 minute warning pops up, move and continue to listen another 10 minutes. I really enjoy the tune.

I love that background music too!

My other favorite noises would have to be Arcane Singularity, Ice Knife, Forgemasters Flame, Astral Seal, Hallowed Ground, and Oak Skin.
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The music in Caer Konig.

The explosive sound of popping Unstoppable.

The sound of Singularity when I am on my GWF and Spinning Strike is available along with a full Determination bar.

The sound of Villain's Menace. It is especially satisfying when I pop it in PVP and it allows me to get after and slaughter a CW. I feel like The Hulk. That CW is about to get a mouthful of cold, hard steel.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    rpsaucerpsauce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Does anyone know the name of the soundtrack that plays when you enter Rothé Valley? I Love the mysterious sound it has to it! :D Oh yeah, when you first travel to rothe valley, the soundtrack plays, (dont move)