test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rooaar

schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Why all ppl want to nerf poor Katy Perry?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8&feature=kp watch it mybe if y hear the sound of roar the music will pop up in your head :)
I find this funny ppl try write some fantasy story about roar skill 5 sec cd root and stun in doge.

Even Katy have 7 sec CD on her roar :).
GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
Post edited by schweifer1982 on

Comments

• Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Don't nerf me!!!!! :(
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why all ppl want to nerf poor Katy Perry?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8&feature=kp watch it mybe if y hear the sound of roar the music will pop up in your head :)
    I find this funny ppl try write some fantasy story about roar skill 5 sec cd root and stun in doge.

Even Katy have 7 sec CD on her roar :).

This recharge speed --> http://postimg.org/image/fbmv757n5/

So here you have 5sec cd for roar...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    znudenej wrote: »

Post a pitcure on roar 5 sec CD i have roar feated and have more then 4 k recovery my roar is 7 sec.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Post a pitcure on roar 5 sec CD i have roar feated and have more then 4 k recovery my roar is 7 sec.

From this point I can't believe you are serious and I hope you are just a troll.

Anyway, I'm done with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "Unleash a mighty battle roar in front of you, interrupting and pushing your opponents back, and building Determination for every target hit."
    Roar is an Encounter power for the Great Weapon Fighter class.
    30' Range, 45° Cone
    14s cooldown

So 50% feat + 30% recharge speed on tooltip bar say 80 % but its not my cd on roar is 7 sec .
    On my PVP set i have only 7.6 sec cd.
    I dont truly understand recharge speed and recovery tooltip but my roar is not 2.8 sec :).

So 5sec roar is a fairy tale .
    Imagine if GWF can have 80 % true recharge speed on her take down 3 sec roar 2.8 sec.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    From this point I can't believe you are serious and I hope you are just a troll.

Anyway, I'm done with you.

Well you are wrong so you are the one who looks like a troll =\

What probably happened is they missed their roar, the CD is then like 3 seconds. I'm pretty sure 5 seconds is unachievable, but even if it is possible to get to 5 seconds the GWF would have to sacrifice so much they wouldn't be a threat.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Well you are wrong so you are the one who looks like a troll =\

What probably happened is they missed their roar, the CD is then like 3 seconds. I'm pretty sure 5 seconds is unachievable, but even if it is possible to get to 5 seconds the GWF would have to sacrifice so much they wouldn't be a threat.

You mean Takedown, I'm talking about Roar.

Roar does have 50% CD reducing feat + 25% from Savage Advance if feated.

Are you really from PvP guild?? ...Or you just overlooked it.

Just from first feat its on 7sec CD.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OMG realy Battle Awareness - Savage Advance grants you 5/10/15/20/25% shorter cooldowns for 5 seconds and Slam grants you 5/10/15/20/25% more Power while it is active.

So what do y think how fast can a GWF recharge her daly? And you really think any one take this feat? For pve mybe but not becuse SA cuz the power boost from slam.
    And NO i am not from pvp guild. And i dont overlook it this feat is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pvp good and pve.There are way more better choice is out there to spend this 5 points.

So after y use daly ,y can have roar 1 time mybe on 7 sec .

50% feat +13 int (3 %) + 14%** (recovery +1,672).**% total 67 % recharge speed on tooltip =7,6 sec cd roar .

But if i am finished my work and i dont write from mobile i will show y some pic.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OMG realy Battle Awareness - Savage Advance grants you 5/10/15/20/25% shorter cooldowns for 5 seconds and Slam grants you 5/10/15/20/25% more Power while it is active.

So what do y think how fast can a GWF recharge her daly? And you really think any one take this feat? For pve mybe but not becuse SA cuz the power boost from slam.
    And NO i am not from pvp guild. And i dont overlook it this feat is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pvp good and pve.There are way more better choice is out there to spend this 5 points.

So after y use daly ,y can have roar 1 time mybe on 7 sec .

I was talking to that **** what does now know difference between Takedown and Roar. (PvP guild...doesn't know powers for GWF...made my day...)

>Battle Awereness - 15 sec. Please read at least your feats correctly before you posts on forum.

>Savage Advance is frequent daily for PvP

You are abusing encounter, what does have to Interrupt, but thanks to bug, it gives root and silence for 2 sec. With first feat you have for this bugged encounter 7 sec CD. And while you pops your daily, it comes for 5. Guess why do you have for other control encounters CD about 15-19sec? Because lower CD could inflict perma stun.

Its a bug, get used with it. It was never ever never ever never ever meant for GWF to have 3 CC stun encounter powers. Again, its a bug. Bug. Bug? Bug!

It had to be Interrupt power, again...Interrupt power does have to interrupt (really unexpected, right?) power what is enemy casting.

So GWFs now does have 3 CC encounters thanks to this bug (bug? Yes bug!), while one of them does have CD meant for UTILITY power (thats nasty, isn't it?), not CONTROL power.

You dig?

Please stop act like is GWF most underbuffed class for PvP ingame and have to use bugged ability to be competive.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Any other class have 3 cc HR GF and CW have more .And any other class have min 1 CC daly.

Daly is not 100% time up . This class is not tr and DC or CW or GF or HR. GWF have the lowes ap gain in the game .
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1) TR does have lowes AP gain if I know.

2) Only GF does have better prones then GWF. (But GF lacks dps and immunity, so why not?)
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have used the set up of high recovery and other offensive satts, INT based GWF SWORDMASTER.

At first I was just curious but I struck gold because roar is so ridiculous(ly bugged).

GWF has excellent AP generation, just no one is making one to have said AP generation. Not saying they have the best - but they can generate a lot more AP then people may think.

Punishing charge for me is just under 7sec per charge.

PC gives me 4-5% AP PER TARGET HIT and 1% extra for every steel blitz that procs. And is quite spammable. Also a very under rated pvp ability. If someone tries a prone on you while PCing you usually fly even further away and out of their immediate area where they want you to be.

Also feated for bonus AP gen while Unstoppable

Roar for me is at 7 secs due to int feats and what not.
    Take down is at 6.3 secs due to int recovery and feat.(much less on miss)
    and PC recharge just under 7 sec per charge

My main source of damage are my boosted at wills through feats buffs and debuffs.

Her name is Feral Eclipse, she is still on the first page of the 50-59 pvp leader board thing.
    Why this is OP? She only has blues of her level, NO fancy purples that shouldn't even exist, with enchants that should solely be usable by level 60s.

But even against all of that, Pugging the whole way up, she is still on the first page.

The AP generation is ridiculous in group fights, which is what she is used for.

That is such a tight ability recharge window.

Pretty much Roar > PC into an immediate take down(hits if you are in front of them or if you slide through them due to its crazy auto aim) PCing to target instead of chasing them usually gives you PC dmg and keeps your at will streaming almost completely uninterrupted.

The other thing that I found (She is a Swordmaster)

Steel Defense used in tandem with Spinning strike and cancelling said spinning strike with shift tapping.

Once you understand how this works and how to time it, you can use only 25% of your AP for triggering Spinning strike and shift cancelling it. Leaving you with around 75% AP globe still full

But it triggers the activation of Steel Defense

Doing this and using all of that AP generation it is very easy to keep Steel defense up way too often in a big fight.

It's just not a very known or used play style would be my guess. Or maybe it is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1) TR does have lowes AP gain if I know.

2) Only GF does have better prones then GWF. (But GF lacks dps and immunity, so why not?)

MY tr have 3k receovery and 80% ap gain +action rush Tr have the second best ap gain in the game after GF.
    google on wiki pls
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    pantamime wrote: »
    I have used the set up of high recovery and other offensive satts, INT based GWF SWORDMASTER.

At first I was just curious but I struck gold because roar is so ridiculous(ly bugged).

GWF has excellent AP generation, just no one is making one to have said AP generation. Not saying they have the best - but they can generate a lot more AP then people may think.

Punishing charge for me is just under 7sec per charge.

PC gives me 4-5% AP PER TARGET HIT and 1% extra for every steel blitz that procs. And is quite spammable. Also a very under rated pvp ability. If someone tries a prone on you while PCing you usually fly even further away and out of their immediate area where they want you to be.

Also feated for bonus AP gen while Unstoppable

Roar for me is at 7 secs due to int feats and what not.
    Take down is at 6.3 secs due to int recovery and feat.(much less on miss)
    and PC recharge just under 7 sec per charge

My main source of damage are my boosted at wills through feats buffs and debuffs.

Her name is Feral Eclipse, she is still on the first page of the 50-59 pvp leader board thing.
    Why this is OP? She only has blues of her level, NO fancy purples that shouldn't even exist, with enchants that should solely be usable by level 60s.

But even against all of that, Pugging the whole way up, she is still on the first page.

The AP generation is ridiculous in group fights, which is what she is used for.

That is such a tight ability recharge window.

Pretty much Roar > PC into an immediate take down(hits if you are in front of them or if you slide through them due to its crazy auto aim) PCing to target instead of chasing them usually gives you PC dmg and keeps your at will streaming almost completely uninterrupted.

The other thing that I found (She is a Swordmaster)

Steel Defense used in tandem with Spinning strike and cancelling said spinning strike with shift tapping.

Once you understand how this works and how to time it, you can use only 25% of your AP for triggering Spinning strike and shift cancelling it. Leaving you with around 75% AP globe still full

But it triggers the activation of Steel Defense

Doing this and using all of that AP generation it is very easy to keep Steel defense up way too often in a big fight.

It's just not a very known or used play style would be my guess. Or maybe it is?

Belive me after 60 he will be dead meat.
    I try this build out my self .Paper GWF.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MY tr have 3k receovery and 80% ap gain +action rush Tr have the second best ap gain in the game after GF.
    google on wiki pls

I will be more specific...

PvP TR...

I'm saying it because powers setup. Powers what makes him useful in PvP does not have really effective AP gain until you have in enemy team idiots what are killing decoys for fun.

BTW: Not every TR is Scoundrel and really no TR is slotting Tactics for PvP.

BTW2: GWF can generate AP without combat with IBS.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I waited for this .
    So stunlock or not ?GWF can have 3 encounters combinations : FS,TD,Roar or FS,Roar,IBS (no stunlock) TD,IBS,Roar(no stunlock).
    Only 1 is good for stunlock .
    BTW: This is only your option about the TR .40% running speed is more then enough .
    BTW2: how much time have we before match start? Mybe 20 sec but i think i say too much .So y hit 2 IBS wow i am 100% sure your GWF are the only one "if y have" can fill his AP bar from 0% to 100% with 2 IBS.

Better if y make a GWF and see it with your own eyes.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Once you have your daily full and only use spinning strike and shift cancelling with Steel Defense, you will notice how much beefier you are.

It isn't hard to keep generating 25% Ap to keep doing this. Also Gear for defense if you dont understand how to use PC defensively.
    using these encounters makes you survivfe much longer actually, you think LOL sprinting away is good try LOL sprinting and triple PCing after getting the whole team in combat. The amount of sudden movement is absurd.

If I PC a prone and get knocked 30 feet away I am up and away before the next hits come in and I am ready to counter attack using PC to dance around them quickly and roar them into take down.

All that will change in 60 is that it will need more gear. Try it out for yourself on test with all the great gear. I have no interest in playing GWFs as they are indeed quite easy and OP. So she will probably stay 59 unless I want to get a GWF arti.

Once roar is fixed it won't be as good obviously but neither will a full stun/prone build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    See some ppl have more bad eng then me but i dont say anything to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I do have a GWF...Just like all other classes....

''BTW: This is only your option about the TR .40% running speed is more then enough.''

>dafuq? With running speed you mean movespeed? There is no bonus for movespeed in Scoundrel tree if I know. I was talking about Tactic, Tactic is a PvE class feature for +15% AP gain.

While MI TRs usually slots Sneak Attack + Skillful Infiltrator / Tenacious Concealment. So there is no free slot for Tactics.

>BTW2 :Most classes can't even do this.

FS - ranged almost instant aoe control encounter
    Roar - bugged ranged almost instant aoe control (bug, bug, bug) encounter what goes through CC immunity (bug, bug, bug).
    IBS - best burst encounter ingame

So GWF does have 2 prone encounters (or 1 prone and one bugged roar with ridiculous low CD if you slot it) and prone daily what reduces his CD for his prone encounters. Prone. Prone? Prone!

Combine that with GPF what gives free stacks for your Destroyer feats...

What do you want more? Button what kills everything on map?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hr & tr :)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    INT + recovery GWF anyone? -_______-
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    google on wiki pls

LOOL. No first of all TRs have the lowest AP gain. Are you forgetting about HR? They can gain AP in such little time.
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hr & tr :)

Lmao .Let me guess . You are a wannabe pvper gfw that is totally handles against anything that actually can deflect some of your attacks right ? :D
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jjjjjjjjjjjjj_zpsa79016d6.jpg

The dishonesty of the people on this forum are not worth the argument.

ps:takedown recharge is MUCH more faster than the roar.

yes, you can put your takedown in "5 sec line" using savage advanced(feet, of course).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You mean Takedown, I'm talking about Roar.

Roar does have 50% CD reducing feat + 25% from Savage Advance if feated.

Are you really from PvP guild?? ...Or you just overlooked it.

Just from first feat its on 7sec CD.

Lol!

Ok stud.. Gloves are off.

You... are... wrong.

Yes, I misspoke by associating the cooldown reduction given to TD with Roar. I assure you I was simply trying justify your misguided comments with a reason other than ignorance. Oops, my bad.

Now, what you are postulating here is that a GWF in PvP can achieve a cooldown time of 5 seconds.

This is not achievable, or if it is, the stacking of Recovery so far into Diminishing Returns would gimp your other stats so badly that you would not be able to function in PvP. The reward simply does NOT justify the cost.

Another problem with this is that you are including the reduction from Battle Awareness.

Firstly, to include a feated effect from a Daily into Roar's general cooldown is just stupid. It will only be reducing the cooldown MAYBE twice every time you get your determination up! So... no... you fail.

Secondly.. WHO THE **** TAKES Battle Awareness?!?! What are you dropping to pick that up? Here are your Choices:

-30% damage on IBS?! Nope.
    -Roar and Takedown Cooldown reduction?! Ummm...
    -15% bonus damage to marked targets?! Sure.. go ahead...

If you want to dump any of these so you can put 5 points toward reducing cooldowns by 25% once and a while than go ahead man.

So to sum up:

1: You are wrong.
    2: Even if you were right, you are a horrible pug because you are actually gimping yourself for... well not much at all.

roar.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    3811525-lannister___hear_me_roar___1920x1200_by_grimhrakkar-d5hubgn.png

hahaha
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lol!

Ok stud.. Gloves are off.

You... are... wrong.

Yes, I misspoke by associating the cooldown reduction given to TD with Roar. I assure you I was simply trying justify your misguided comments with a reason other than ignorance. Oops, my bad.

Now, what you are postulating here is that a GWF in PvP can achieve a cooldown time of 5 seconds.

This is not achievable, or if it is, the stacking of Recovery so far into Diminishing Returns would gimp your other stats so badly that you would not be able to function in PvP. The reward simply does NOT justify the cost.

Another problem with this is that you are including the reduction from Battle Awareness.

Firstly, to include a feated effect from a Daily into Roar's general cooldown is just stupid. It will only be reducing the cooldown MAYBE twice every time you get your determination up! So... no... you fail.

Secondly.. WHO THE **** TAKES Battle Awareness?!?! What are you dropping to pick that up? Here are your Choices:

-30% damage on IBS?! Nope.
    -Roar and Takedown Cooldown reduction?! Ummm...
    -15% bonus damage to marked targets?! Sure.. go ahead...

If you want to dump any of these so you can put 5 points toward reducing cooldowns by 25% once and a while than go ahead man.

So to sum up:

1: You are wrong.
    2: Even if you were right, you are a horrible pug because you are actually gimping yourself for... well not much at all.

roar.

Again, and again and again...

I'm whole time saying that Roar was not meant for control power, this is why Roar does have have 14sec base CD and range. Even when it was bugged whole time, just few GWFs were using it because Takedown does have better dmg output so it was not problem at all.

But now on M3 with Relentless Battle Fury what reduces base CD of Roar (Not just Roar but Takedown too) to 7sec. You can slot it instead FS so you will now have 2x control power with ridiculous low CD or instead Takedown and you will get 2x range aoe control encounter while you can have still sloted bull**** like IBS is.

These combinations were never meant to exist.

This whole thread is QQ from schweifer1982 about that his favorite bugged winbutton will be fixed.

If you think its okay to have ranged aoe control power with 7sec base CD what goes through CC immunity on GWF and everything is how it should be, I have no hope for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

No no, you seem to be confused as to what happened here sir.

Allow me to Recap.

You came into a thread, you tried to troll it with False information that you assumed, and never actually tested or even looked into.

The information was wrong. You are told so and shown proof.

You then tried to save face by insulting and trolling but you still don't know WTF you are talking about, so you tried to defend your BS with more BS.

You then got your face trolled off in return.

So now, this is the part where you stop talking :)

This is NOT where you change your argument into something completely different from what you were originally saying and pretend like the last 3 pages didn't happen.

roar.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No no, you seem to be confused as to what happened here sir.

Allow me to Recap.

You came into a thread, you tried to troll it with False information that you assumed, and never actually tested or even looked into.

The information was wrong. You are told so and shown proof.

You then tried to save face by insulting and trolling but you still don't know WTF you are talking about, so you tried to defend your BS with more BS.

You then got your face trolled off in return.

So now, this is the part where you stop talking :)

This is NOT where you change your argument into something completely different from what you were originally saying and pretend like the last 3 pages didn't happen.

roar.

So you are saying that 50% CD reducing feat and 25% CD reducing feat can't turn down CD from 14 sec to 5 sec? While with full STR CON DEX roll they can have still 13 INT and with PvP eq ~800 recovery?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    and he goes on lying ...

No sir. the gwf what you posted as an example has a roar over 8 sec. (my roar with 66% reduction is 7.8). the photo is there, in your face.

his critique of the principle that an gwf "pvp" has a roar of 5 sec. not escape it.

or you are having problems with gwf that paralyzes you from 5 in 5 seconds (Show me this guy) or you're inventing a problem that does not exist or is not as serious as you want to look like this fake feedback.

on the "secondary" effect of the roar, here is the sad mourning: the broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> iv will bring a brutal nerf for the true gwf, the swordmaster.

our effective crowd control is now virtually nil. let's see whether they will start to decrease our dps also meant that twit lobby.