test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mitigation debuffs and ArP (on PVE)

fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
edited May 2014 in The Library
Hello guys!

I've been running a Thaum Wizard focused on debuffing dmg mitigation. 15% from Assailing Force, 10% from Elemental Empowerment, Ray of Enfeeblement as a slotted Encounter and Plaguefire for enchant. I naturally have a 20% ArP. Thing is, I recently read that most enemies (maybe except for the mod 3 guys) have no more than 25% dmg mitigation. So my question is: is all that mitigation debuffing going to waste? After all, my intention is not only raising my own dps, but more than anything, the party's, and as I progress, I see more and more dps chars with ArP no smaller than 20%. Also, lots and lots of other classes have their own way of debuffing dmg mitigation. So it would be a real shame if all that hard work I'm doing is plainly doing nothing....... I'm hoping there is such a thing as negative dmg mitigation (ie, increasing the dmg they take)?
Post edited by fmulti on

Comments

• silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well with the Changes to how power works, it may not be as important as it used to be.

So the power rework may have have changed the way things are done. I cannot be sure at present without extensive testing. (ArP that is)
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh yeah... also, to let you know the Damage Mitigation debuffs work regardless, the way the engine works, its actually an outright damage increase... at least in how its treated by the engine.

This is unaffected by the power increase or by an ArP effectiveness decrease.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Think of it this way.

Armor Penetration DECREASES their defenses. All the defense debuffs INCREASE the damage they take.

In a nut shell, ArmPen above 20% is great. 24% is the cap. And you can never have too many debuffs :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Think of it this way.

Armor Penetration DECREASES their defenses. All the defense debuffs INCREASE the damage they take.

In a nut shell, ArmPen above 20% is great. 24% is the cap. And you can never have too many debuffs :)

That's great to hear! Can you confirm that also works for Plaguefire Enchant?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Debuffs stack. They don't stack with themselves, which is why you're better off in a party to have one person with Plaguefire and another with Terror than two Plaguefires (for example). But stacking as many different debuffs as are available allows for crazy monster-melting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2014
    OK thank you fr all the input. On a side note, I really wish they'd word it "enemies take x% extra damage".... so much clearer and just as easy to fit in the space they have for descriptions.