test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC losing quest items to DPS

archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
As a DC, daily quests that have drops as a reward are often hard to complete (e.g. Icewind Yeti or Giants).
Not because of the mob difficulty, but because one or more DPS will join in the fight after I have the mobs partly down.
They will generally receive the drops, and I get to pick up a bit of gold or a pot but no reward.

Similar results in the Heroic Events. I look forward to getting a gear drop there someday when the devs adjust the current way of calculating how rewards are doled out.
Post edited by archerbahm on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is unfortunate, and players probably don't realize they're hindering you as most of these types of quests throughout the game give participation credit for even very small amounts of damage.

In heroic encounters, DC credit seems to be currently given strictly in terms of health points healed, which means that all the buff/debuff mechanics that really make a DC a viable contributing participant pretty much have to be shucked, at least temporarily. They are supposedly readjusting soon, maybe by next week.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dcs and GFs have it rough right now, as it takes us forever to kill a mob, while poeple are always ninja looting the quest item (dwarves, troll idols and mine shafts )

Its painful to see it happen, ninja quest stealing jerks!
  • purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Try gettign those totems things with enemy all around for your daily. You spend ages slowly hitting the enemy to get the totem for some (had 5 people grouped one day do it to me) ignorant person(s) to take the totem without even saying "cheers easy". Then you have to start all over again to find the totem taking by a stealthed unit and repeat again and again. I wouldnt mind if they helped kill the mobs (which they can do in 1 hit) instead of watching a cleric tickle all the mobs for ages before taking the totem.

They seriously need to lock encounters and loot drops for daily quests. (Or give us a nuke for dailies {j/k})
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Welcome to the life of a Cleric haha
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Try opening the fight with your heaviest attacks - that should help get you whatever minimum amount of damage that you need, in order to get the quest rewards.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Try opening the fight with your heaviest attacks - that should help get you whatever minimum amount of damage that you need, in order to get the quest rewards.

I open up with Hammer of fate. The mobs laugh themselves to death really quick with that one.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What is even more annoying is when you kill all the trolls and still someone comes and takes the idol away from you, as a cleric. I have had that happen to me quite a number of times. I always open with astral seal on the bloodcaster which pulls the runts to me, then I use divine divine glow and divine daunting light, which takes care of the runts. Then just need to whittle down the bloodcaster the rest of the way.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All clerics have very good burst AoE damage potential.

In solo PvE even damaging mobs for 20%of their hp can give you credit, so I'm not sure why your quest items didn't drop for you. If other items are dropping then the quest items should be dropping as well. What you're describing seems to be more of an drop rate anomaly.
    Heroic Events are just different.

People stealing other people's mobs/quest items isn't something unique to clerics.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • kalyuxakalyuxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I use the fabled or dread legion set for dps on dailies. Like 1.5k on armor pen and good power.
    In fact, clerics have the shortest casting-time for encounters (in divinity), pretty useful to stealing aggro/drops from mobs. It's great when you have to farm in events like Tymora or Waukeen.
  • catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Dcs and GFs have it rough right now, as it takes us forever to kill a mob, while poeple are always ninja looting the quest item (dwarves, troll idols and mine shafts )

Its painful to see it happen, ninja quest stealing jerks!

Yes, and worst offenders/jerks are TRs. They consistenly come invisi and steal Troll Idols / free prisoners while I am fighting mob as DC. I even had GWFs come and camp the spot for picking up quest item while I was fighting mob.
  • lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    Yeah quest object stealers are worst thing in this game. I usually try send the person tell, but if i get reply it is that I have issues. **** right I have with quest object stealers.
    Any idea if talking to their guild leader would help in this game?
    Mostly I blame Cryptic. Why can't they make all quests so that they update when you're close by, like rescuing travelers. It would put stop to this and make community seem better than it actually is.

Oh and I've never had jeti not drop the horn when I've killed one or participated decent amount.