test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New post 60 "Level Up" Bonuses

ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone else finding themselves disappointed with these? It sounded like a great idea, but the reality of it is far different then the expectation.

So far I have leveled up 5 post 60 characters 2 times, below is a list of what I have gotten:

Power Point - main selling point for what they said they were going to do - problem is you don't get one every time, in fact out of the total of 10 level ups I have gotten 4...

Books of Character Experience - another amazing sounding reward, especially for those of us that like alts - out of the 10 level ups I have gotten 2....

Books of Companion Experience - sounds good, love the ones I get from Swordcoast - again out of the 10 level ups I have gotten 2 (they were the same 2 I got the Character Books from)....

Bonus AD - meh don't need it but still I never say no to a free 5000 AD - out of the 10 level ups I have gotten it 2 times....

Enchantments - 3 random level 4 enchantments each time - I can get that from 1 group of mobs - couldn't they have at least made them Level 5s - out of the 10 I received these 3 different times, each time it was all I got (no power point)...

Weapon/Armor Shard - 1 shard, 3 different times, different shard each time, nothing else with them, not even a power point - I think gaining a post 60 level would rank a lesser enchant, or, at least, 4 of the same shard in a drop.....

Now that I have seen the rewards, not really caring about trying to rank up post 60 any more, I was really looking forward to this addition, sad that it was so badly implemented......
Post edited by ministerofchange on

Comments

• ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Whether disappointing in your opinion or not, at least it is something you are getting for experience past 60th level, better than the nothing we got before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anything is better than nothing. I have all Azures in utility slots.. so I must care about it at least a little. I do regret that it's not something better, only because now they will look at it as .. 'see we did it, they have something.. no need to worry about making it better.'

That's like seeing your favorite book or comic made to a movie in a bad way.. It's now been done.. less likely to ever be done well.

But anyway.. I wasn't doing anything with those points anyway.. and I took off the rank 6 darks I had on utility slots and can't tell the difference.. so what the hey.

Honestly, I would have no worries at all if I got a power point each time.. I'd be totally happy with that.

But as always, I'll take what they give. They will see or they won't. I'm not going to worry about it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A chance to get multiple of the rewards would be a nice fair upgrade. But it beats getting nothing. Though in some cases only just about.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's too bad we don't get a say in what we get each time a reward is earned. Some people might prefer the XP tome for alts, while others may prefer power points to try out different build ideas w/o having to respec. The predetermined nature of them kinda makes gaining each one a nice little bonus, but not anything to really work toward earning.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The real coding work was implementing the systems, not the specific rewards.

It would be pretty easy for them to add other rewards in there.

I would like a rare chance for an ability score bonus point. THAT would encourage people to lvl past 60. ;)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not unhappy with the rewards ,if you try to farm them you will be but if you get them as intended then they are fine , a small bonus for overleveling , anything is better than nothing at all. What did you expect?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Whether disappointing in your opinion or not, at least it is something you are getting for experience past 60th level, better than the nothing we got before.

What you pretty much said is strive for mediocrity, since it's better than nothing it's still a success since we can't be bothered to do better.

What is wrong with them trying to design post 60 leveling such that it is properly rewarding?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unlike events, where its not worth the time, you will just eventually get your power points by regular dailies/dungeons.

Its not bad and alot of mmos have nothing.

I think however two aquamarines are more appropriate then just some r4s, which are meaningless in the game, as they drop everywhere from like level 50 on give or take.

Love when I get two r3s at the end of a lair though.. funny as heck for a level 60 reward.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now that I have seen the rewards, not really caring about trying to rank up post 60 any more, I was really looking forward to this addition, sad that it was so badly implemented......

This is where I think people are erring. Since you get buckets of XP for practically everything, pouring them into a bigger bucket and getting a treat when it happens to fill up is nice. But it isn't really meant to be massively more rewarding for people who grind more.

That said, the rewards of a single peridot or a couple of rank 3 enchants are pretty pathetic, like hoping you're going to get a tasty cookie but when you look in the jar there is nothing left but crumbs.

As for whoever posted about proper implementation of post-60 character progression... they have that in earning the boons.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • packetjpacketj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't understand why people are complaining for a "reward" system. Like others said, it's better than nothing.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am not complaining about the reward system per say, I am complaining that the main selling points of this "Feature" were the books and the power points, and they are the least likely thing for a person to get, if I got a power point and either the books or at least the ad each time I would be perfectly happy with the system.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's like seeing your favorite book or comic made to a movie in a bad way.. It's now been done.. less likely to ever be done well.

Look, I'm sorry about WATCHMEN. It was 20 years too late, could have been an hour longer or broken into two movies, and DEFINITELY shouldn't have had a rewritten ending. We're all very sorry. Can't we just move on? :D
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I personally don't think getting a peridot or 2 rank 4 gems is better than nothing.

If I'm going to get nothing. That's the way it is. No further thought given to it.
    But to say to me you CAN get this for doing this, but then only getting some item that I already get tons of,because the RNG god hates me, is like a slap in the face.

I would much rather have a scaling system that cost increasingly more experience but the power point was guaranteed. for example, first award issued after 250k experience, next after 500k more experience... or whatever.

Also, I wish that anyone who says "as was intended" would please back up that statement. Anything, a quote from an admins statement or a news article or whatever would suffice. Otherwise it's only your speculation as to what was intended.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Try reading the patch notes for the module release.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5003683-release-notes%3A-05%2F13%2F14
    Each time the experience bar is filled, the player is presented with a new reward. The rewards include:

It says you will receive 'A' reward and that 'Rewards include' meaning that what you get is drawn from a pool of possible choices.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would sound like leveling past 60 is your mission in the game and you'd want better rewards for making progress. For me the thing is, I don't even know when I'm going to level up, and I don't aim to do so. If I level up, I'm like "oh leveled up and got something, let's move on". I think it's indeed great to get even a peridot for no work (expecting that you don't "level up" on purpose).
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    Look, I'm sorry about WATCHMEN. It was 20 years too late, could have been an hour longer or broken into two movies, and DEFINITELY shouldn't have had a rewritten ending. We're all very sorry. Can't we just move on? :D

LOL! =D I wasn't thinking of that one in particular, but that will work. (I actually enjoyed the movie, although it certainly wasn't perfect..)
    I was thinking of Sci-Fi channel's butchery of James Axler's Deathlands: Homeward Bound, actually. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The rewards do not make one want to level up, which is i think the point of this mechanic? Since afterall you can get a a ticket for decreased prices on Zen items - which I am basing this thought on.

I do agree with the OP on the enchantments you get - you can get that from trash mobs and even campaign chests at the end of those mini dungeons. Example: Witch Fen. Having something of greater value like one of those green refining trinkets would be alot more suitable or a rank 5 enchantment. Perhaps 2 shards instead of 1, a large variety of potions minimum 5? There is defiantly ways to improve it although some may say better then nothing. Yes that is true however if you got nothing would you notice a difference? I wouldn't notice a difference at all, the power points are nice however it'll only be used for powers which I wouldn't usually use.
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Try reading the patch notes for the module release.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5003683-release-notes%3A-05%2F13%2F14

It says you will receive 'A' reward and that 'Rewards include' meaning that what you get is drawn from a pool of possible choices.

I'm not sure if this statement was intended as reply to my post, which was right before yours, but my statement, referring to peoples use of "as intended" had nothing to do with rewards per se, but more to do with, among other uses of this statement that I have seen, someones mentioning that if one gains experience through normal game play as intended rather than grinding experience.

In the main crux of my post, I acknowledged, by capitalization of CAN, that is was only a possible reward.

If wasn't directed to me, disregard, and sorry for my confusion.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Totally agree with OP... some of the rewards are downright insulting at level 60+. I leveled up yesterday, and got a single peridot (worth 500 refinement points.) That's it. No potions, no power points, nothing else. And when all your artifacts are at least blue (and in most cases purple or gold), 500 points doesn't advance you much, if at all.

As far as the "better than nothing" angle...true, to a point. Then again, having nothing as opposed to, say...a horrible disease...would be preferable. So I guess it depends on your point of view. I'm not expecting the world on a silver platter, but something commensurate with the character's level would be a nice start.
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2014
    Some rewards are meh, some downright disappointing. But anything that can be farmed by loonies should have limited usefulness. Not that I agree with the current state, mind you.